The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Aly in AP3: American Wedding
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:16 pm 
American Pie 3 Coming Summer 2003

Wednesday, August 7, 2002 11:16 CDT

Universal Pictures has put together the pieces of American Pie 3, according to Variety. Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan and Eugene Levy have signed to reprise their roles. They join Seann William Scott, who came on board earlier this week to reprise his role as Stifler. Jesse Dylan (How High) is negotiating to direct the script by Adam Herz.

The second sequel has been in the hatching stages for some time, but the dealmaking was complex. None of the players had sequel options that ran beyond American Pie 2, and all parties sought an extra large piece of the pie, adds the trade.

The project will begin filming in January for an August 2003 release

Linky- www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bi...161,29832,

Some will like it some will hate it but I'll be there opening day.

Homer Simpson: Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Edited by: BytrSuite at: 1/30/03 10:46:37 am

Post subject: Re: Hannigan signs for American Pie 3
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:19 pm 
Go Aly, I will buy it on dvd.

------------

Well officially, of course, I have to say that I have no idea what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:21 pm 
Aly's in it...I will go see it and I will get the DVD ;)

Stand and tremble at the sight of Durin’s Bane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:24 pm 
Hopefully some bright spark will add a DVD commentary clause to her contract*S*

Yes I will be there too... Yay Aly.

Katharyn

--------------

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:38 pm 
January filming, how interesting. Go Aly, I am so there!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Tara's eyes once again found Willow's in the rearview mirror. "Don't worry. I've got your back.
And Jimmy Gorka's loss is my gain."         - Willow grinned.

The Wisdom of War - Christopher Golden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:46 pm 
Heh. Aly said she wouldn't be interested in AP2 and did it. Then she said she wouldn't be interestd in AP3 and has signed on. Ah, money talks. :)

Good for her. I'll go see it and buy the DVD. It would be great if they could drag her cute little butt into a studio to do a commentary. Good lord, I had to suffer through that awful commentary that featured Mena Suvari and her "Is that a real tree?" and "Did you really hit him with your trumpet?" and "Is that a real fireplace?" comments on the AP2 DVD. Surely Aly can do better than that.

Amy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:56 pm 
As far as I'm concerned, Alyson was the big scene-stealer of the first two "American Pies." I don't know how they're going to drag the rest of the plot out for another whole movie - I think they should just drop all the other characters and make it all about her band-camp character. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:01 am 
Well I've heard rumors of a Jim and Michelle wedding. This could be interesting and chaotic, especially if Stiffler is in charge of the bachelor party.

Homer Simpson: Bart, a woman is like a beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Post subject: Here's a wee bit more
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:07 am 
Universal Pictures is putting together the pieces for the third installment of its successful "American Pie" franchise, making deals with Jason Biggs, Eugene Levy and Alyson Hannigan to reprise their roles and negotiating with helmer Jesse Dylan to direct. The actors join Seann William Scott, who recently struck a deal for him to return in "Pie 3" as Stifler. If a deal can be made for Dylan, who helmed the Universal/Jersey Films release "How High," he will direct from a script by Adam Herz, who penned the first two "Pie" installments. According to the studio, the story line will find the characters at the next turning point in their lives. That would most likely put them in the post-college real world, as the first movie centered on the last days of their high school careers and the second film saw them reunite during a summer away from college. Although no deals have been made for the other key cast members from the first two films that doesn't mean they won't appear in "Pie 3," a studio spokesperson said. But sources with knowledge of the script said nearly all of those actors will not see their characters returning in the new installment.

Post subject: Re: Here's a wee bit more
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:56 am 
ok i loved AP and AP2 and now AP3 i will so go see it if that great actress is in it cuz u got to love Aly... and here alter ego Michelle caz shes so funny and yes i will be able to see it with my friends in stead of my mother cuz she was so um not happy with the first 2 when i made her take me

...woohoo

The word "gulp" comes to mind.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:59 am 
Thanks for the info, I have yet to see the first 2 movies, hee, guess I should do that first. I just rather watch the scenes with her in it and skip the rest.

Good for Alyson btw, I hope she'll have fun making it and enjoy her piece of the pie, may it be a big one.

--------------------

Tara: "uh Willow?"

Willow: "No dancing naked, huh?...It just won't be the same."

Tara: "That's all right, we can save it for later"
----From Wilderness, the newest WT comic written by Amber Benson and Christopher Golden

Edited by: DrG at: 8/8/02 12:39:04 am

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:34 am 
Yes Xita, a January production start is very interesting. Especially since this:
Quote:
But sources with knowledge of the script said nearly all of those actors will not see their characters returning in the new installment.
makes it sound like AP3 won't be the ensemble piece that AP and AP2 were and therefore probably a lot more screen time for AH (yeah!). Even though AH filmed AP2 and BtVS concurrently, that's going to be much harder to do this time if she is the female lead in a film with only 3 principal roles. Methinks our lovely Willow may have some long absences from Sunnydale in 2003.

~ If I should rock you,
the whole world would rock within my arms ~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:36 am 
RG yeah i am not sure how filming is in January though for Buffy.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Childie -"Not all girls are raving bloody lesbians, you know!"

George - "That's a misfortune of which I am perfectly well aware."

The Killing of Sister George

Edited by: xita  at: 8/8/02 12:36:52 am

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:38 am 
First time i saw AP, i just hated it. I thought it was really unsubtle and not funny at all. I went to see AP2 though, only because aly was in it. And i was like "okay, i know i'm gonna hate it, but i have to go and see it for aly";) And the truth is that i loved it. It made ma laugh so much. So, when the DVD was released, i bought it, and i thought "well, if i have the second, i really should buy the first too". And so i did. And when i saw AP again, after like more than 2 years since the first time, i just loved it too. I really don't know why i didn't like it the first time. Well, maybe because i saw the dubbed version, and that dubbed versions are always not as good as the original, and this one was really really bad.

Anyway, i can't wait to see AP3... Go aly, go!

Chris
------------------
The bond that links your true family is not one of blood,
but of respect and joy in each other's life.
Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof. (richard bach - illusions)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 1:46 am 
Good lord, they're making a third one?! I really liked the first 2 but think its pretty brave of them to attempt a 3rd. I just hope it doesnt suck!

Just because noone understands you doesnt mean you're an artist!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:01 am 
hm, i hope it really won't suck. Third parts of movies are dangerous things...dunno. I really liked AP 1, and the only reason i've watched AP 2, was to see Aly and the story of Michelle and Jim, who are at my opinon, the sweetest and most likable couple of both parts. The rest of AP 2 was pretty uninteresting and sometimes kinda dumb and not even funny to me. I would watch a third part, if there ever will be one, but only because of Aly...

Tara:"Maybe we dreamed it."

Willow:"Right. Right. Wrong! (points at her head ) Different Brains." Tara:"Oh yeah."

Can we just skip it? Can...can you just be kissing me now?

Edited by: snuggle79 at: 8/8/02 1:02:13 am

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:04 am 
I'm not sure what BtVS' January production schedule will look like either, but I have the same memory of Amber going to Sundance about the time the rest of the cast was going back into BtVS production and Sundance began on January 10th in 2002. Also, I thought we had location reports from Bob around January 12th or 15th. Anyways, even though my enthusiasm for the AP films is rather limited, I am happy to see that AH's film career continues to thrive and am glad that BtVS' production schedule won't prevent her from doing AP3. I used to watch her in AP and AP2 and miss seeing her as Willow, but now I think I will really enjoy seeing her in roles untainted by JW.

~ If I should rock you,
the whole world would rock within my arms ~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:23 am 
I watched AP2 again recently and you can't deny that Aly's got that something. She steals the whole movie. So I'm kind of happy about her reprising that character. Let's hope she has more luck with Michelle than she's currently having with Willow. Sigh. Not hard is it...

----------
It's dirty. It's all dirty. And all
over me. Dirty, dirty, bad. Bad!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:30 am 
OH YEAH BABY!!!!! My band camp girl is back!!! *LOL*

I can't wait for Part 3!!!! Bring it on!! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:34 am 
My niece was having a sleepover the other night with about 4 of her friends and they were watching AP2, so I decided to watch it with them. Great girls night in, me (29) and a gang of pre-teens! Aly is, without a doubt, the star of the show.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:50 am 
I am glad that most of the Kittens are happy about AP3[/i], as am I.

---------------------

Maj - (Creator of Willow's Room)

SFX: Where would you like to see Willow go in the sixth season?

Alyson: "I hope Willow gets taller, and she gets a tan."

- SFX Magazine, December 2001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 7:48 am 
Oh mymy.... an AP3...I really enjoyed the first and second...but a third..hey I'll watch it but a little nervous as to what the outcome might be...

BUT HEY....it's American Pie ... so again, I'll be there

I wouldn't be surprised if they also introduce some kind of 3some idea since they gave us Michelle's dominant side in AP1 and the whole lesbian thing in AP2...I don't think AH would mind...hehe

Tk's new and improved "GrrArgg"

-----------------------------
Tara was similarly riveted, her body on slow burn as Willow's lips parted and her mouth opened, the food slipping inside and being consumed. Never in her life had Tara ever wanted to be a chicken casserole so badly...Later that night..."It's good to be a chicken casserole," Tara murmured, before passing out. ~ Answering Darkness by Sassette

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:16 am 
More Aly goodness to come. Hee. I like the sound of this more and more... How much you wanna bet the SL revolves around Jim proposing to Michelle, or their wedding?

:drool

Now I wanna go watch the movies again. Hee. I just can't help myself. What? Another movie with Aly and Jason Biggs filled with the dorky, juvenile pervosity of their characters? I am so there. :grin

"It's not real. I mean, there are no vampires, there are no witches. Well, there are Wiccans, but they're not making out with Alyson, so..." -Amber Benson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:17 am 
Quote:
Good lord, I had to suffer through that awful commentary that featured Mena Suvari
Wow. She sounds like a real braniac. Not.

As far as filming is concerned I don't think it will really impact her at all. Fer god's sake they were shipping SMG to freaking Australia and back and it really didn't limit Buffy. Since it is not a one or two lead show it is a lot easier to do these sorts of things for them just via smart scheduling of Alyson's time. She made other American Pie movies while shooting the TV series at the same time, didn't she?

I have to say though I hope she's being paid well and I wish she'd find another outside vehicle. I didn't see American Pie but I did watch the second one, and while yeah she was quite good in it I have a real hard time stomaching the rest of the Porky'slike antics of a movie clearly made for the "boy numbers".

Autumn

-----------

Buffy Season 6: It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

Post subject: AP3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:17 am 
I remember in the commentary for AP 2 Jason Biggs mentioned that he and Aly worked all night on one scene then she had to go straight to Buffy. Also on the directors commentary J.P. Rogers mentions that in one scene Aly's hair goes from kinky to straight as the first part of the scene was shot when she had come straight from Buffy to their set. I would imagine that's the way they'll work it again.

I liked the first American Pie, but not the second. Too much Stifler, not enough plot. I hope for Aly's sake it's more Three Colours: Red and less God Father Part 3. Shame she still can't seem to get movies that match her talent.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:27 am 
Given that in AP2 most of the other female leads (Mena, Tara Reid, Shannon E.) were basically glorified cameos, Aly really has a chance to strut her stuff as the top female in AP3. She stole the first movie (really, when you hear AP, what's the first thing you think of? Band camp. 'Nuff Said.) and really did well in the second with the amount of screentime they gave her.

It is a little risky doing a third movie, but what the hell. Maybe she negotiated a couple of points. I hear they had to kick in a little extra for her to appear in AP2 (she was only one in AP1 that wasn't optioned for AP2 -- big mistake!)

"I love you all. I love you more than life itself. You're all f***ing mad." -- Ozzy as "The Dad," THE OSBOURNES.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:16 am 
I don't know what Aly is getting for AP3 (Yet) but for AP she got a mere 50k but as one of the very few without a sequel clause in her contract she had leverage to bump that up to 1 million base salary and .5% of the total gross of the movie (it did well over 400 million worldwide) so her total take was 3-3.5 mil for AP2. I expect she's expanded on that for the 3rd.

Post subject: AP3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:34 am 
Aly did indeed steal the first movie and, although few critics liked AP2, her individual performance in the sequel was almost universally praised. Meanwhile, the girls from the first film were pushed to mere cameos along with a couple of the more boring boys. Basically, people only care about Stiffler, Jim (and his dad) and Michelle. It amuses me that Aly took what was essentially a geeky bit part from AP1 and pushed right past those "gorgeous" (not to me) girls in the cast to become part of the heart of the franchise.

I really wish Aly could get other roles and I suspect she does, too (she's said as much). But AP3 does at least represent the power of her charm and talent to make something out of nothing and gives her a lead "romantic" role in what is likely a high-grossing summer film. As for money, I think she said on Howard Stern (ugh) that she made just under $2 million for AP2 (or what Incarnadine said above, I don't know), so she'll undoubtedly make more this time. It's a raise from Buffy and she doesn't have to play a widowed ex-junkie. Win-win.

But, god, I really do want to see her in something else. Sigh.

Amy

Edited by: Willowlicious at: 8/8/02 10:42:29 am

Post subject: Re: AP3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:24 pm 
I have the feeling that American Pie is a bit over-run now. The second one was a bit crap compared to the first and i have a feeling that the third one might be a bit of a let down as well.

BUT on the plus side, it gives me another chance to drool over the person in front of me at the cinema!! Let's just hope she still plays a big part in this one :pray

Aly xxx

You all didnt happen to do a bunch of drugs did ya?

Post subject: Re: AP3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:29 pm 
I'm pleased to see AP3 although I do hope they'll call it quits after 3 :) As Aly's roll increased in the second I'd hope she'd steal the 3rd also woo hoo on all the extra interviews and promotion she will do when the movie is released :D

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 341 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next