The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Amber Benson Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:12 pm 
Thought this might be a good idea to help balance the bitterness we are all feeling right now. As angry as I am about the way the writers have decided to treat the lesbian storyline, I will be forever grateful to Ms. Benson and the class with which she inhabited this role.

She did lesbians everywhere proud. Thank you Amber. It is much appreciated.

And hey, nice ass.

Autumn

-----------

Buffy: I could wrestle naked in grease for a living and still be cleaner than after a shift at the Doublemeat.

Willow: Plus, I'd visit you at work every single day. --- "Normal Again" shooting script

Edited by: AutumnT  at: 5/19/02 12:11:14 am

Post subject: Re: Amber Benson Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:15 pm 

We Love You Amber

Good Luck... :cool

------------

Evil's... good.

Edited by: Rally at: 5/8/02 9:50:29 pm

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:19 pm 
I met Amber several times. I consider myself lucky to have met such a gracious person, who took the support her fans offered her so seriously. But what I'll remember most of all is the fun.

She gave us fun. She gave us a wonderful character. She gave us something that touched not only Willow, but all of us viewers too. It was special; it was wonderful and it helped bring a community of amazing people together here on the board.

I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for Amber being who she is and being so great in this role.

Thanks Amber, for services to the gay community at large. You're a trooper and I personally will always have a fondness for you in my heart.

Good luck with what you're going to do. Cheers.

----------
"It's between a hitch and a kink, with a side of a twinge. It's okay."

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:22 pm 
Thank you, Amber. You gave a character that had virtually no storyline of her own a depth and complexity that rivaled that of characters who had been evolved over six years. The maturation and growth of Tara was so subtle as to be almost unnoticable in any given scene, but obvious when comparing her early episodes to her later ones. Evolving a character given scene after scene of dramatic presentation is difficult enough, but to evolve one given pitifully few scenes in which to do it is pure genius. Thank you, Amber.

Post subject: Love you Amber - Tara
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:23 pm 
Amber Benson Rocks and so does Tara

Thanks for everything you did, the respect you had for the fans, the honesty you brought to Tara. Know that tons of fans appreciated and thought you deserved much better

- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Everything is turning out so dark..."

"No, it's okay. Lost is good. Willow and I always know how to find each other!"

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:24 pm 
Amber thank you for the sweetest, most warm and loving portrayal of the character Tara, we could have hoped for.

You are loved. :love

Paula

_____

~The depth of my pain over Tara is unbearable. It pierces my heart, and gnaws at my soul.

~ May the Amber Force be With You

~ Keeper of My Own Insanity

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:29 pm 
Amber thanks for everything you did for the show and your fans.

--------------------------------------

A.K.A. Liz

If you're horny and you know it spread your legs.
Just say no to spuffy.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:31 pm 
Thank you Amber for your amazing portrayal of Tara, you made her come alive and what you and Aly did with W/T will live on forever, they will always be my shining example of what true love is, that soulmates exist, and I will be eternally grateful for that :love

I wish you the very best of luck in whatever you do, I will watch anything you’re in and I hope that every single dream you have comes true.

Thank you for all the memories Amber, and I know that this is just the beginning of your success and you surely deserve it, good luck sweetie.

Respect My Authoritah!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:33 pm 
Amber, thank you for being such a wonderful person. I love you for doing what you did so well, and for doing it all with a grace and dignity that makes me glad to have known Tara through you.

Just, thanks.

-Kathy
————––
"Living without your touch is driving me out of my mind.
If you could only see how much you matter to me, maybe you would stay forever."

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:35 pm 
Great idea, folks. We all love W/T, but for me it's about Amber. I'm glad she knows how much we cherish what she's done for the show and for the community. She has been so full of integrity from day one. BtVS never knew how good they had it, casting her.

We wish you well, Ms Benson.

I mean it sincerely. Thanks for your talent and your wit and intelligence. We Kittens have a keen appreciation for your physical marvelousness, but it's all based on much respect because the rest of you is so great, too.

Edited to add: Thank you for making a breakthrough on network TV we can all be proud of. Your portrayal of a smart, perceptive, brave woman and lesbian was consummately acted, beautifully nuanced, and realistically complex. Who knows when we'll see another one.

PS. Autumn, she knows you love her ass! I love her lips. I mean eyes. I mean hands. Yes, I'm going to settle on that. Nice hands. High praise coming from a Kitten.

The soft morning light filters through the window, creating a warm glow. Willow and Tara are in bed under the covers, glowing even warmer, slick with sweat and out of breath. --"Seeing Red" shooting script

Edited by: ruby at: 5/8/02 9:49:46 pm

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:39 pm 
Quote:
PS. Autumn, she knows you love her ass!
So, I've heard. But actually I always loved her talent more. This character was a landmark in gays on television. And we could not have asked for a better representative. And a hottie at that. It was all good. And it was much too short. And the credits thing was too little too late.

Autumn

-----------

Buffy: I could wrestle naked in grease for a living and still be cleaner than after a shift at the Doublemeat.

Willow: Plus, I'd visit you at work every single day. --- "Normal Again" shooting script

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:41 pm 
Amber is an amazing person who brought more to the show than we could have ever hoped for.

A lot of actors say a character is just a character, someone they play. But I believe every bit of goodness that we saw in Tara, came straight from Amber herself. A lot of actors also take the fame thing and their fans for granted, but not Amber. She cares about the show, she cares about Tara, and she cares about her fans.

So, thank you Amber, you've helped so many people more than you can ever begin to imagine.

the girl of my dreams is giving me nightmares

AIM: thiscalamity

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:42 pm 
I was drawn to Buffy the Vampire Slayer before Tara appeared. After a mellow start of its fourth season I was suddenly glued to my television screen after a shy young "stuttering, lesbian witch" slowly joined the Scoobies.

I thank you, Amber, for your mesmerizing acting abilities which brought Tara to life and made her become more than just the heart of the Scoobies. You will be greatly missed.

I hope that all your future projects will succeed and are fullfilling.

Thank you for three incredible years :)

And, yea, nice ass.. and lips, and hair.. :D

(edited to correct typos and add: And what a voice!! *swoon*)

Computers don't suck. ahem

Edited by: Lindy  at: 5/8/02 9:56:56 pm

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:46 pm 
Something else I thought of. That smile. *looks up at xita's pic* It's like a sunny day and I love seeing it.

----------

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:50 pm 
amber...thank you for so many gifts to the viewers, to the show, and to the world...

for showing the amazing growth and depth of a character that i wanted to see more of every single week...

for proving that a woman with a body shaped like the women i know...curvy and strong and real...can be seen as beautiful, and sexual, and loved, in a television world that praises the skinny and the false

for showing a love that is real and true and powerful and amazing...and shared between two women...a love that reminds me of one that i have known, and that does not try to pretend to be something else...because of actresses who make it tangibly real

thank you amber...for these things, and everything else :)

braids

"and it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time"

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 10:52 pm 
:bounce :bounce :bounce

AMBER,

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR PORTRAYAL OF TARA FOR THE PAST 2 AND 1/2 YEARS . TARA AND WILLOW RENEWED MY FAITH IN TRUE LOVE. IF YOU NEVER RETURN TO THE SHOW, THERE IS NO ONE WHO WILL HAVE THE SAME AMOUNT OF CHEMISTRY YOU AND ALY HAVE. I DO NOT SEE WHY THEY WOULD WANT WILLOW WITH ANYONE ELSE. I ALSO HOPE YOU ACCOMPLISH ALL OF YOUR DREAMS. GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOU DO.
:willow :love :tara

:bounce :bounce :bounce

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Willow: Hi, um Tara. I was wondering maybe you want to go out some time for coffee? food? Kisses and gay love?

Edited by: The Rose24  at: 5/8/02 9:53:47 pm

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:04 pm 
I will just add my thoughts to the ones stated already...I didnt even watch the show till i saw Hush while i was channel surfing one nite..It ended up a marathon of BtVS reruns..Once i saw you Amber, i was hooked.. You are an amazingly talented actress and what a babe (big sigh, pant,drool, whatever) :grin

i saw the chemistry between you and the adorable Willow and thought hmmm theres something there..

I have continued to watch the show because of that amazing chemistry and your and Alys sensitive, sweet portrayals of these two characters..Thank you for making people see that its not about "who" you love...I wont watch the show anymore if you are not back in the flesh as Tara, despite the fact that im crazy about Willow..I will support any and all films that you are in...I wish you much happiness and all the success you can handle in your future endeavors...Peace and love**********

Edited to add i just read Steve "the asshole" Deknights foppish comments regarding your leaving the show permanently, albeit not of your own free will..For what its worth, my heartfelt apologies for Joss, MEs and Martis treatment of you and the way they handled this whole thing...You deserve so much better...Just know that you have a fan for life and they can kiss my lesbian ass....

Carpe Noctem

Edited by: friskylez  at: 5/8/02 11:41:00 pm

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:17 pm 
Thanks Amber for bringing the character of Tara to life. I been watching Buffy since season 3, but I never became such a huge fan until Tara came on the scene. To watch Tara evolve from a shy, stuttering girl with an emotionally abusive family, and blossom into the mature, secure woman in the present has been a pleasure to watch unfold.

The chemistry Amber and Aly shared was wonderful, and together they made me believe in the concept that true-love was possible to find in this crazy world of ours. Amber you have great talent, and no matter what path you choose (writer, director, and/or actor) I know you will succeed. Thanks for giving me enjoyment for the past 2 1/2 years, and you are a very classy woman!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:39 pm 
Just wanted to say you will be missed, Ms. Benson.

You won me over with your smile, your grace, and your wonderful presence.

Good luck in the future. I wish you nothing but the best.

-Robin

You see this face? This is the face of a Kitten on the edge, Earl.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 11:49 pm 
For all the years

for the laughs, for the tears,

for the class that you showed,

make it one for my baby

and one more for the road.

That long, long road

Thank you, Amber. You have been nothing but graceful and classy. The character and relationship you helped bring to life has truly touched people.

Tracy

VILLOV

I troost yuu. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 12:10 am 
Buffy without Tara and Amber? I'm still in denial. Stomach-churning denial.

I look forward to the pleasure of seeing what new things Amber will come up with in her creative career. 25 years old and already such richness. Thank you for sharing it Amber! We've been blessed.

Talented, beautiful, smart, creative, and according to the people who've met her, sweet, caring, and fun.

Wonderful woman.

so what is love then is it dictated or chosen does it sing like the hymns of 1000 years or is it just pop emotion

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 12:59 am 
i wish she didn't have to go, but i am happy to have amber representing the lesbian community. she has done it with such grace and beauty, there will be no way we can completely thank her.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:14 am 
Ms. Amber Benson:

For your heartfelt performance as Tara over the last 2 1/2 years,

For the personal integrity, grace, and class you've shown to your fans and as a public person in general,

For the unique creative contributions you've made to the Buffy universe with your voice and your pen,

Thank you.

Even more than that, this fan would like to thank you for your role in drawing so many of your fans together to this place, the Kitten Board--an extraordinary, global, online community which I have grown to love and respect deeply, and of which I am so proud to call myself a member.

This place in cyberspace is a living, breathing, loving thing, a community which crosses physical borders, races, genders, and generations. To me, it has always been a safe haven and welcome home, the best example of how the Internet can bring people together, and at its finest, a hopeful thought for how modern society might someday evolve beyond all the old labels and delineations that we're used to.

Amber, this community exists in large part because of you--because of our appreciation of your talent as an artist and exuberance as a person.

(Not to mention our appreciation of your ass. ;) )

For all of that, this one little fan (who probably speaks for a hundred other lurkers still too shy to post) thanks you from the bottom of her big mushy heart.

Good luck to you in all of your future projects. I have no doubt that you will shine in whatever you choose to do, and that for all of us, this is just the beginning of many great things to come.

My very best regards,

NoveltyAct

---------------

i am unoriginal and have no snappy tag line

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:22 am 
I'd like to second NoveltyActs post and add my very own Thank you, Amber! I am looking forward to your future projects. Good luck, and all the best.

~La

You know you've been in Korea too long when for breakfast, you grab a bowl of rice, pour in some soymilk, add some honey and cinnamon, nuke it for 30 seconds, and think it tastes just like oatmeal.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:36 am 
Somehow it always comes back to the ass.

I'm not complaining, however. ;)

----------

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:38 am 
Amber ass... hmmm

------------

Evil's... good.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:40 am 
Quote:
Somehow it always comes back to the ass.
I'm just focused. ;)

Autumn

-----------

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 1:52 am 
Feel the force Lukeeee...

------------

Evil's... good.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:07 am 
Honestly, I'd rather feel the ass. But I realise that Rally got there before me. :rolleyes

----------

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 2:19 am 
all i have to say is that amber thank you for bring me hope and joy in my life with the character of tara. lots of love to you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next