The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: #AmberBensonAppreciationDay
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:12 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
May 7th will mark 20 years since the original airing of the BtVS episode ‘Seeing Red’. There is a lot to *not* celebrate about that episode so what we *do* want to celebrate is the performance of Amber Benson and the way she continues to fight for, love and appreciate her fans.

How? Well we think she deserved her own day! An #AmberBensonAppreciationDay!

So on May 7th, I invite you to lovebomb the hell out of Amber using the hashtag #WeAppreciateYouAmber or #IAppreciateYouAmber and tell her why! If you can, you can also choose to donate to a charity Amber is currently supporting: https://t.co/y9TjYIx7bw

We're also going to try and put together a video message for her! If you want to submit a brief message of love and appreciation for Amber (and Tara!) you can upload it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: #AmberBensonAppreciationDay
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:02 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 131
Negative into a positive, Fantastic idea.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 7:35 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

I will be doing a giveaway over on Twitter for anyone interested in some Amber swag!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 6:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Well, I don't do Socials and I'm not doing a video because anonymity. But what I can do is write a small appreciation on a back alley site, 50% dedicated to the only work of Amber Benson I've followed.

I like to think Amber still remembers this place and knows its here. much like a favourite old childhood coat gathering dust in the attic, You look out the window one day and see rain falling and puddles forming and your mind is taken back to the time where you'd put the hood on your head and run around splashing in puddles while the coat flaps behind as a cape, serving no purpose to keep you dry but every purpose to let your imagination soar.

Your mind goes to the old coat and you think, let's do this. let's get that coat and play like we use to twenty years ago. Then you remember your knees creak and you don't have that person to clean up after you anymore. the responsibility is your own. people would look at you differently doing it now. its not accepted time has moved on.

You pop the kettle on, make a brew. heading back to the window you hear the sound of laughter and splashing, see kids enjoying the exact same thing you use to do. Having absolutely no connection to these people, but yet knowing you share the exact same feeling and odds are twenty years on. these kids will have the same old coat and have the urge to relive it but time has moved on.

Doesn't mean the end though because those kids will have kids and those kids will have the time of their life splashing away. Its a timeless cycle weaved with the relived memory of joy.

20 years ago a story came to an end and moved on, but it never died. it has never ended. People change the script, they allow their imaginations to soar. they splash in those puddles of tears and create joy and it is all possible because of Amber.

Amber is that feeling, she has always allowed any fan no matter who/what/where/when they are to enjoy her work portraying Tara. Never shutting down a discussion, she encourages and allows fans to thrive on everything her portrayal of one character, a job of three years, has represented for them. Not forcing her own opinions down peoples throat, saying they are too old to play in the rain.

The character has an effect on some peoples everyday and while some don't recognise it or acknowledge it. some just take it as part of the show and move on. while others savour it for everything it is and makes a bad day better. On a day of appreciation I think there are two words that embody all that, that maybe aren't said enough with meaning but everyone has their own version and knows its there and really its the only two words that I ever had to say on #AmberBensonAppreciationDay!

Thank you.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 2:12 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Beautiful Dub!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 3:45 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Today is the second annual #AmberBensonAppreciationDay!

https://twitter.com/LaraghMcManus/status/1655153766058868736

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:15 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Turbulence, confrontation, anger, misery, unjust and waking up every day in never declining fear. A year on and the world constantly boasts change but yet, the only change seems to be in the intensity of the negative.

In a year though, my sentiment from last year has not changed. I still haven’t looked further than Amber’s portrayal of Tara Maclay. Things have come out about that time however my opinion of Amber has not changed. This is all because in the chaos and uncertainty of life, this is one aspect where I am truly content.

I don’t need to know more, learn every aspect of her being, her views, and her works. All I need to know is that Amber continues to allow people to splash in puddles.

I don my old coat and I play in the rain because while content isn’t flashy, boisterous and attention grabbing, it is a comfort and a safety.

Ambers support offers a spec of safety in a world of fear. For that, I say the same as last year,

Thank you.