The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: August SFX - UK
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:25 am 
There's a four page spread on the Nocturnal convention - and a pic of me and my friends on the dance floor - *dies of embarrassment*

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:26 am 
Thanks for the info Rosie.
I'll buy it tomorrow and scan it. You point out who you are then.

------------------

Amber Benson has really nice hair and I want her shampoo.

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:27 am 
I noticed that theres a mention of the Kittens when the article starts talking about Amber -
"She had been followed to the convention by a vast congregation of adoring "Kittens" from her internet fanbase..."

-James

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:28 am 
Oh I didn't know the SFX was out! Thanks - I'll go buy it tomorrow! And look for the pic of course!

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:29 am 
Cool I get to take a lunch break tomorrow to go and buy this

------------------
All of the good...all of the time.

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:30 am 
Vast? Uhm yeah right.
The issue is not out here yet, bugger, I am very curious now. For the record, *we* did not ask her to show her butt to the whole Nocturnal. She did that all on her own.

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:31 am 
quote:
Originally posted by 1D10T:

"She had been followed to the convention by a vast congregation of adoring "Kittens" from her internet fanbase..."

Oh please. Since when has four people constituted a 'vast congregation'? And just for the record, I had my ticket long before I knew Amber was going to be there.

Have to say though, I felt a distinct flush of pleasure at the kitty board getting a mention. Nice one. Hee hee...

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:32 am 
Vast congregation my a**...and the next bit of the sentence actually goes

" ... and she gamely flirted with them giving a lively talk ..."
No recollection of that at all. Did she?

But, nice pics of the event and heh, James looked really good *sigh*

[This message has been edited by Halcyon (edited July 16, 2001).]

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:34 am 
Thanx for the info!
I'm going into town 2moro to get a copy...couldn't make it to Nocturnal, but some peeps I know did, so I wonder if there's any pics with them in!
And who could resist pics of James...sigh!!

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:35 am 
Nope Halcyon, I do not recall that either, but maybe that is because I am deaf and Dutch.

I do remember something about Amber having nice hair.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited July 16, 2001).]

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:36 am 
quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
Oh please. Since when has four people constituted a 'vast congregation'? And just for the record, I had my ticket long before I knew Amber was going to be there.

I'm just quoting what I've been told is in the article. And don't forget that theres the famed 'journalist licence' .

-James

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited July 16, 2001).]

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:37 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon:
" ... and she gamely flirted with them giving a lively talk ..."
No recollection of that at all. Did she?

Well she didn't flirt with the kittens. But she did give a kind of flirty talk, I mean, come on, all that talk about what a good kisser Aly is? And how long it took to film that scene? Plus, there was the 'Willowhand' comment too.

Sigh. I like flirty Amber though. God help me.

But then again, I pretty much like flirty anyone...

------------------
"She looked across at Willow, whose face was filled with light. She had never felt so calm and happy, and strong..." ~ Unseen: Door To Alternity

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:38 am 
So like the good little kitty that I am...here are the relevant parts of the article.

Amber Benson gave her first talk. She had been followed to the convention by a vast congregation of adoring "kittens" from her internet fanbase and she gamely flirted with them, giving them a lively talk in which she nattered (amongst other things) the attention her arse had been receiving and the fact her grand-parents don't know she plays a "lesbian witch" on Buffy. As unlike a diffident and twitchy Tara as any actress could possibly be, Benson admitted that her favourite swear word "ends in T and ryhmes with shunt" and giggled like a schoolgirl on helium at times. In response to the question "Is Alyson Hannigan a good kisser?", Benson gleefully replied "It took all day. Very intense. We had an audience. Lots of guys in shorts. And she's a fricking amazing kisser!" She also told the tale of an encounter in a shop a few days beforehand when a stray tampon flew from her bag on to the counter in front of the assistant. Scrabbling to throw it back into her bag, thankful she had not been recognised, Benson was stunned when the oblivious assistant merely asked, "So, is Buffy really dead"

The gangly George Hertzberg sent Amber Benson into fits of girly giggles by sticking a microphone up his nasal cavity.

There were too many highlights to list here, though the biggest surprise was the unexpected imp-like gorgeousness of Amber Benson, who rounded of the weekend by jigging spiritedly to 'It's raining men'. Well it wouldn't happen on Buffy.

And there ends the article...reading this brought back so many happy memories.

Edited because I can't type
------------------

[This message has been edited by Puff (edited July 17, 2001).]

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:39 am 
You know, I knew we should have stayed longer on Sunday. Who can resist 'It's Raining Men?'. Not me.

------------------

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:40 am 
Didn't she say her favourite swear word starts with a C and rhymes with shunt? I could be mistaken. LOL at the school girl on helium giggling. How true, and how contagious. Bless her.

In any case she may have learned a few new ones thanks to that book Halcyon gave her.

Ah and yes the tampon story. A true classic that one.

------------------

Amber Benson has really nice hair and I want her shampoo.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited July 17, 2001).]

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:41 am 
Her swear word went "Starts with C end with T and rymes with shunt" but I guess they could not print that

------------------

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:42 am 
Well that is just lame, and didn't she say her other favourite swear word starts with an F and rhymes with luck? Or was that you?
Yes, these are the kind of questions that keep me occupied. I am such a philosopher.

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:43 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.G:
Well that is just lame, and didn't she say her other favourite swear word starts with an F and rhymes with luck? Or was that you?

That was Aly if I'm not mistaken.

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:44 am 
Garfield that was Amber as well

Edited to say I remember this as I went round for ages going...Amber said fuck hee hee. Well I was tired ok
------------------

[This message has been edited by Puff (edited July 17, 2001).]

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:45 am 
Ah yeah see, I knew it wasn't a dream. I do believe she has quite an extensive vocabulary, but my favourite part of her talk was her last sentence: "I am a dirty lesbian witch". Ah yes, so she is and she smells like Willowhand. There. I used up my naughty/spicy quotum for today and all I did was repeat what she said.

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:46 am 
Oh, magazine kitty mention.. ha ha.. made the big time now.

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:47 am 
That's what I thought xita, the kitty board is like a shining star now in internet fandom. Tra la la....smugness ensues...

------------------

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:48 am 
*waves*
back again! I'm on page er....*cough34cough*
I'm the one with red hair and a dopey expression!

Rosie

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:49 am 
I stuck the magazine on a shelf. Then I realized that on the spine it said " SFX August 2001 'Alyson Hannigan is a frickin' amazin' kisser!' - Amber Benson"

Does this sell more copies?

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:50 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon:
I stuck the magazine on a shelf. Then I realized that on the spine it said " SFX August 2001 'Alyson Hannigan is a frickin' amazin' kisser!' - Amber Benson"

Does this sell more copies?

Seriously?

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:51 am 
Heh. So it does. Damn. And won't that just get them flying off the shelves?

------------------

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:52 am 
Hey, did you see the pics inside where Amber's writing on a piece of paper; it says "My name is Amber" heh heh. She's so funny and cute. Perhaps that was the time she was asking people if they wanted her to write dirty words on their stuff...

------------------

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:53 am 
Originally posted by tommo:
Damn. And won't that just get them flying off the shelves?

Right you are Ruth...The words Amber, Aly and kiss in the same sentence, hell the same article, are sure to inspire the Kitties to open thier wallets. Lord knows I would if I had access to the magazine...

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:54 am 
humfph..she didn't ask me if I wanted her to write any dirty words on my stuff.

I

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:55 am 
quote:
Originally posted by ryankelly:
Lord knows I would if I had access to the magazine...

You want a copy? I don't mind getting one for you if you do. Should have said when I was in town yesterday.

And Teri, she never asked me if I wanted dirty words either. I guess maybe she thought I'd know enough of my own...

------------------

I