The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Rise and Shine Thursday, MKF 2/6/03
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:22 am 
Good lord, it's cold today. I was wandering through the Kitten when I realised I've not yet seen a Daily Thread! :shock I think everyone is still in bed (where they should be I say...as you can see I am so NOT an early riser). Speaking with tiyodragon earlier I realised that some people have this ridiculously detailed morning routine before the crack of dawn.

What kind of morning routine do you think our Ladies would have? Think Willow is the good-morning-sunshine type or Tara?

Have a good morning/day, Kittens!
Toni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:41 am 
Well, since I work mainly from 2:30pm to 10:30pm, my morning routine is actually an early afternoon routine by the time I wake up. Most other people's days are half over by the time I decide to have breakfast and shower.

As far as my early afternoon routine, upon waking from the restless sleep I usually get, I do the typical first wake-up things before I am drawn to the computer. After checking my email, I am sucked into the Kittenboard. No matter what I am doing on the internet, or how hard I fight not clicking on the Kitten in my favorites box, I always end up here. By the time noon rolls around for me, I realize that I have not showered and will probably be late for work. So, I rush to get ready and end up with some extra time to helplessly wander back to that fic in Pens that has me completely entranced.

I think W/T both have early morning personalities. Hell, wouldn't you be an early morning person if you woke up next to either one of them?:blush :heart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:13 am 
Aw, piss off. I wanna go back to bed. :happy

Heh. Today is already pissin' me off, very much in the manner of yesterday. And I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep for over an hour. And, and... ARRR!

...Although I did get a really sweet, cuddly honey crawling back into bed with me this morning for just a moment or two before she left for work, dusting my closed eyes with kisses, and whispering sweet everythings. And I know someone else whose morning probably went quite similarly, too. Ahem. ;)

Sigh. Bed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:21 am 
Microsoft has issued yet another patch for a critical security flaw in Internet Explorer 6.

Mozilla just keeps looking better and better doesn't it? :grin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:42 am 
Brian, have I mentioned lately that you're a whore? :kiss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:45 am 
ROTFLMFAO! And a techno, lesbro whore at that :glasses . Somehow that little icon makes me feel all "Risky Business"-like.

My morning routine consists of glaring at the new alarm clock I got mah hunny for Christmas (what the HELL was I thinking??), slithering out of bed because the dog has decided my ass makes a good pillow, turning on my PC for email whilst dressing in the dark. I'm not even alert until 3pm. Now how sad is THAT?!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:49 am 
Warduke - Iam not the smartest person on the block, whats a patch :blush

Caz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:53 am 
Caz: A Patch is basically a plug for the constantly hemorraghing browser, operating system, etc., that Microsoft tends to put out and call it a real product. It's SUPPOSED to fix security flaws, progamming glitches and all of that rot :sigh Am I bitter? Hell no! :happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:02 am 
Thanks
So do i need one then :blush

Caz

(sorry this is off topic)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:16 am 
eeesh ... I am NOT a morning person. In fact, I have this horrible habit of sleeping right through my alarm, which I did today, so I was two hours late for work. And then when nighttime comes, I'm not sleepy.

My internal clock always seems to be set about 3 time zones to the west. It's really rather odd.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:26 am 
I'm not a morning person, but I've become one by necessity. The perpetual conundrum of my life is: how did such a night owl by nature end up working in education, one field that almost always requires early mornings? It also doesn't help having a two hour commute, which means rising at the ungodly hour of 4:45 AM. Bleah! :yawn Luckily my train ride is an hour long, so I can catch up on my :sleep if I have to... provided I don't end up with a restless or chatty seat-mate.

It's freezing here today. It doesn't make getting out of bed any easier when you know you're going to have to go outside into the single-digit cold. Brrrr.

I set my alarm to a classical radio station so that I don't have to wake up to a buzzing or bleeping alarm. I don't know how people do it. That would put me in such a rotten mood for the rest of the day.

As for W/T, I can see Willow being the morning person, definitely. I can easily imagine her as someone who leaps out of bed pretty much at first light, already thinking about homework assignments or research projects, or whatever else she's got on her plate at the moment. I can see Tara being the one who wants to sleep in a little later... and who shows Willow the virtues of staying in bed that extra hour... or more! ;)

Firefoot
-----

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:04 am 
I guess you could say I'm a morning person, my normal routine consists of getting up at 5.15 am, off to the gym and back around 6.30 am.

By that time, I've been awake for so long and the exercise has put me in a good mood so that I get home to my gf singing and babbling on when she's only just woken up. Often she tells me to shush.

I am one of those people that wake up normally pretty okay, and if someone sleeps over, I instantly become fairly sociable.

My gf however is one of those you avoid.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:10 am 
Yes, much to Kieli's horror, I am an excellent morning person.

I actually get up and do push-ups in the morning!

I expect Willow to be the morning person, and Tara to be energetic in the evening...

tiyo :cool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:38 am 
I'm a horrible grouch in the morning. I have a tendency to wake up about an hour before the alarm, fairly alert, then doze off again, which ensures I'm in a really deep sleep when the alarm does actually go off.

My morning routine involves grumbling, hiding under the covers, grumbling some more, then stomping round the house like a bear with a sore head.

Of course, that's just on work days. When I'm waking up next to my gf, I wake up straight away cos of the excitement of spending the day with her :)

I think Willow would be instantly awake, babbling away to Tara about all the things she wanted to do that day. Tara would just smile and let her talk while she eased herself gently into full awake mode.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 10:51 am 
Pipsqueak,

[quote:06452fbf44]Quote:
My internal clock always seems to be set about 3 time zones to the west. It's really rather odd.
[/quote:06452fbf44]

WHAT??? so I am odd too??? :shock :shock horror!! I have to set 3 alarm clocks and somehow disable the snooze function on every single one of them if I want to get up in the morning.
Especially this week. Can't get out of bed.
Don't even care if I have to pay to park my car in the street and pay for it all day instead of coming in early to park in the company's car park.
Don't even care if the drive takes me 90 minutes instead of the usual 35 because of the traffic.
Don't even care if aforementioned traffic stresses me out even more and if I have smoked half of my packet of cigarettes by the time I reach work.

Just for an extra 30 minutes in bed. :sleep But God, are they the best 30 minutes of the day... :p

As for Willow and Tara... being the vixens that they are, I'm pretty sure there's much snuggling and wandering of hands in places to wake the other one up slowly but nicely and efficiently... :blush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:28 am 
One thing I am in the mornings is quick. My normal routine is along the lines of:

6:15 lodger leaves for work ..slams front door.. wakes the cats up .. go back to sleep
6:16 cat pokes me on the chin to make me feed him
6:20 cat gives up poking and resorts to loud mewing
6:25 other cat joins in by sitting on my chest
6:29 alarm goes off (don't ask why 629, I'm just odd like that sometimes)
6:45 realise I've slept through alarm and cats crying - get up - use bathroom
6:46 clever cat opens bathroom door when I'm in the shower..sits and stares at me .. very off putting (must fit locks!)
6:50 dress ... trip over cats who are getting annoyed by this point
6:55 feed cats
7:00am leave house for work

So there you go up, dressed and leaving for work in 15mins and by the time I've driven the 25 miles to work I'm usually awake!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:55 am 
I am usually quite bright & cheery first thing in the morning. I usually have to get up between 3.45am & 7am for work. :bounce

I have two routines. One takes 15 minutes, which involves getting out of bed, having a shower, feeding the cats, getting dressed and running out of the house. The other is a much more relaxed & slower approach to the same thing, it usually takes about an hour but it has the added bonuses of drinking coffee and drying my hair.

Occasionally I even get chance to watch a bit of early morning TV. Well, usually the news, I watch the sports reports and laugh at premiership football teams who get beaten by lower division clubs in the cup games. :lol

Mind you I hate mid morning, :happy it just seems to last forever. I usually just sit at my desk and wish it was lunchtime whilst randomly emailing people. Usually moaning about the fact that it isn't lunchtime yet. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:17 pm 
Hee. Waking up. :lol

Waking up, of course, indicates that you managed to sleep in the first instance. Ahem.

I generally wake up really early, because I love sunrise. Oh, and I love going into kittenchat at 6am which is 10pm in California. Although, I have to say; I haven't done that in a long while, but I do still get up early mainly because I like to get things done during daylight. And you have to be quick to catch it in the UK these days. ;)

Although, having said that, I couldn't really give a crap about getting out of bed at the moment. My only concern is how soon I can get back in. :jho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:50 pm 
i have been brought up being a morning person because of my dad going to work at the crack of dawn every day when i was young, and now i just sorta wake up at 5:30 automatically. i dont need to be up until about 7:00 but im always awake early. lots of snuggles before its time to get up :smug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:25 pm 
ROTFLMAO! Tis true, ti's true. Staying in bed really is the only worthwhile thing to do.

I was an Army brat so I think I've gotten over that trained tendency to wake up at the crack of dawn (thanks to my Special Forces father who got maybe three hours of sleep a night....*Grr*) and be out and about during the day. Give me the night...I love wandering the streets in the quiet of the evening, with the stars about me like a blanket. Sounds romantic and kinda kitschy but it's true for me. Daytime is fine but....ah well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:04 pm 
ok, since miss toni fantastico :p did not pay any attention to the first part of american idol this past tuesday and i cant find any information on this question of mine i have to ask on the daily thread since it's OT... way OT... um... does anyone know what happened to Frenchie Davis on American Idol? She's the one with the bleached hair and aretha frankling pipes...

as for morning rituals. i hate those mornings when i wake up and i'm still tired. or i wake up and i have nothing to do for a while and i'm already bored with the day. lol... i love waking up and my cat's curled up on the edge of the bed, snoring. he's hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:02 pm 
Hello Kittens-

Work nights I get up at 1600, do a limited work out and try to figure out what the heck I'm doing about the time my wife gets home. Transition days, work to off, are a horror. I want to get up at 1600, my wife wants to sleep at about 2300 and at 0300 my lunch break is due according to my stomach. The first night is...interesting.

I can see neither W/T being happy to get up in the morning when they're together. Not to mention MKF being asleep on the covers!

Thanks

Jixer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:07 pm 
not really a morning person, my morning routine consists of stumbling out of bed, turning on the stereo, showering, get dressed, check my email, have a large cup of coffee, and reluctantly going to work

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:24 pm 
Im a morning person. I cant help it I find it hard to sleep beyond 6 or 7 am, partly because the dog will wake me up if Im not already awake. If I am lucky Ill get to the gymif not, the dog walking suffices.
The downside is that I can hardly stay awake at night beyond 10.30!

I think Willow and Tara dont care about mornings and nights and they probably spend as much time as possible in their bed catching up on um..sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:09 pm 
If you are having problems staying logged in, try logging out and then in a few times. Also disable the high security option. If that doesn't help, try resetting your ezboard cookie. If that doesn't work, I really don't know what to tell you. Good luck!

The problem seems to be affecting local users more.

beta.ezboard.com/fbugsfrm...9508.topic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:33 pm 
I'm pretty much a morning person, especially if I'm working. Because I work retail (managing a bookstore) my shifts flex from day to day and week to week. I'm far more productive at work if I'm there at 8am. The other shift begins at 11am or 12pm and I just feel like I'm playing catch up all day. Days off - I still prefer to get up early, but I love to go back to bed. A perfect day off for me is up at 7am, back to bed by 9am, nap until 1pm, up for a few hours, nap from 4-6pm and then stay awake until 1am. :p

Willow and Tara? I think Tara's the cheerful morning person; Willow doesn't have issues with mornings but she loves the night. I think they spend afternoons taking lovely long naps. :blush

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 8:15 pm 
I'm not much of a morning person. I wake up at 6:30 and try to figure out if my day at work will let me get home for a usual 3 hour lunch to take a nap.
My very rude neighbor leaves at 5 every morning and never fails to wake me up by slamming the door or his very loud wife yelling at him or to him when he's in the parking lot and she's standing in the hallway. I have a hard time falling back to sleep after that.
I'm not usually awake completely until I've stood in the shower for at least 10 minutes and then have my first of many cups of coffee.
Even on my days off, I'm still up at the butt crack of dawn.
Well, I'm off to bed now so I bid you all goodnight.

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:30 pm 
No sir, not a morning person by any stretch. I become fully operational sometime around early afternoon.

I think Tara's the early-riser; she's up cooking the funny-shaped pancakes and sassy eggs while Willow dozes some more. Willow's become used to sleeping in, what wih all the late nights of Scoobyage and late nights of Tara-lovin'. :smug

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:27 am 
hmmm...I must say I'm usually a night person, but my msn just shut down...
Actually when I'm in theatre or working on media-arts stuff I can get up early easily...which is why I'm changing my status fromBA to BFA :)

I think Tara is a morning person, though she can do the night thing, and Willow is a night person, but she loves the morning too. Well, when there's someone special :tara or a good class to go too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:05 am 
Hey, Rane, Frenchie made it to the AI semi-finals, and she's either in group 3 or group 4 of the semi-finalists. :)

I think that at heart I'm a morning person, but I generally choose not to act on it. I like to have my first cup of coffee in bed, and most of my friends know better than to try to talk to me until at least 10.