The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's "Achieving Your Goals" Tuesday, MKF!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:01 am 
This past Saturday, at approximately 5:00 pm Central Time, I finally became a Teeny Tinkerbell Light.

Ever since I joined this board, it has been my goal to be a Teeny Tinkerbell Light. No, I don't know why. That particular level is just appealing to me. I figured if I could one day get up to 500 posts, I would finally have earned my place here. And I didn't think I would ever make it, but I did. I am a very quiet person by nature, and I don't usually post unless I have something important to say, so I am quite proud of myself. Yay me!

Also, it has been my goal for awhile to start a daily thread for the very first time. Which, as you can see, I have now accomplished.

So my question to you, dear Kittens, is: What are the goals that you would like to achieve in your life? And how do you plan to go about obtaining said goals? They can be silly, like mine, or serious.

As for Willow and Tara, what do you think some of their goals would be? (Other than *cough* being with each other as often as possible. In lots of different ways. And places. Ahem.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:52 am 
As I said in yesterday's daily thread....Mine is simple...I want to be a Smut Whore. But I have a long way to go to be one. :grin

And Pipsqueak, I hear ya on the whole posting board levels thing. I wish I was a Teeny Tinkerbell Light, but I am WAAYYY far off from that. :D

W/T goals...hmmm...I think Willow would eventually like to find a way to rid Sunnydale of the Hellmouth for good. That way she and Tara would have plenty of time to spend together without worrying about the next Big Bad.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:03 am 
I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect sluttery.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 8:04 am 
I want to be anything but a wannablessedbe!

IRL, I want to get my PhD. I've got my MA and am taking a few years off but then I want to go back to school. It's more a goal in and of itself. In my field it isn't the most useful of things! I also want to get a job which is somewhat in contradiction with getting my PhD.

I want to learn archery, tae kwon do and start sailing and swimming again. I want to learn to speak Italian.

I want to figure out the crazy jumble inside my head.

I want to move somewhere warmer than cold, snowy Toronto. Stupid winter.
xo,
Bronwyn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:49 am 
Goals...

I want to get a doctorate (though in what I don't know! :) ), be fluent in two more languages (I'd be tetralingual!), and be happy with myself. Ooooh, and take voice lessons! -Nora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:51 pm 
I think it's important to have goals, even though the goals aren't bigger than "I want to say hi to that girl" or "I want to learn how to do...". Achiving goal give people a sense of succes, that many today need.

I myself have to big goals, but I make little goals for myself all the time, especially in school. It's important for me, to always have something to go for, coz if I don't, then it all becomes more or less meaningless.

Goals for Willow and Tara? Well, I dunno why, but I think that one of Tara's goals would be to get/make a herb-garden...I think Willow makes little school-goals like me...

Have a nice Tuesday all...
Sarah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:02 pm 
My near-term goal is to finish the educational requirements for taking the CPA exam. I already have undergraduate and graduate degrees in music, but I need 40-something units of business and accounting courses beyond that in order to be eligible to sit for the exam. I have six more to go, so it's back to school. And taking the exam is one thing. Passing it is very difficult, from what I hear.

For a long-term goal, I would like to become fluent in Spanish, re-learn all of the French I've forgotten, and acquire, at least, a passing acquaintance with German. When my ancestors came to America, they didn't make a point of passing on their native languages to subsequent generations. I wish they had. So, back to school for that, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:10 pm 
I completely understand the board level goals. I'm now determined to be a volumey text....but I have a few thousand posts to go. hehe

Hm...my goals...

To do research that helps lead to ground breaking discoveries. Mainly I'd love to work with AIDS research. To provide a good house and home for myself and my girlfriend and whatever children we have. I hope to always love my sweetheart and keep her happy. And to never loose my love for my artwork. And of course....to one day write a novel...and possibly get it published.

I think I can do it *smiles*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:18 pm 
Kittens, my Kittens-
At one point, I had a goal, which had to do with this girl. There is a fabulous woman in my life, and I had a goal to spend more time with her, find out if she was with anybody, and maybe (if I was lucky enough), advance our relationship a little. So, I e-mailed her, we talked, flirted a bit :bigkiss , and I asked (in a roundabout way, mind you) if she was seeing anybody. She didn't mention a special somebody, so, silly me, I thought I had a chance. Heh. Today, I was talking with her in the Women's Centre on campus, said we missed each other, cause we hadn't been hanging out, long story short, we made plans for supper! Yay. No, not yay. Later on, as I'm helping her with an assignment, I mention how she says "Yeah" alot, how it's very much "her" word. Then she makes reference to how her new girlfriend particularly likes the way she says "Yeah". So... :cry :rage :tear :( :sob . I feel so stupid. And sad. My day has sucked. New goals include joining a nunnery, monastery, priestess-camp type thing, living in a cave away from girls who break my heart, etc.

Other (less depressing, more realistic) goals include drinking less, smoking less, getting back into shape, (how Bridget Jones of me) being attracted only to people who aren't crazy and who I actually have a chance with, finishing the degree I'm working on and moving on to the next, settling down, having kids eventually as well as adopting another doggie. And maybe trying my hand at W/T fanfic in between.

Elise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:56 pm 
I have a lot of goals too, some big, some gigantic. Firstly, I am posting this right now because I have to stop being so shy. I really have to get over that. So I guess more self-confidence is a big goal of mine.

Another goal is to find a good job. I'm graduating in May and I want to go to graduate school, but I'm going to wait a couple of years for my gf to graduate first. So my big goal right now is to find a job that will hold me over for a couple of years. Since I've been in school all my life and absolutely love it, the idea of working full time is very stressful to me. Oh well, I know I can do it.

Other goals include getting back into shape, doing a lot of traveling, and having a couple of kids someday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:24 pm 
My goal is to go for a full day without offending someone or making slutty comments.

Yeah, I know. Some hope eh? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:07 pm 
I achieved my goal of being a full-time writer. Now I just have to figure out how to stay that way. :\

Ah well... one goal at a time...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:11 pm 
I wanna find REAL LOVE like :willow :love :tara
Is that too much to ask for? :grin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:15 pm 
Goals! Goals are good! I have many goals little goals like not getting my mom mad at me every single day...hehe but actually study psychology to be a psychologist..I like helping ppl out i guess Im in this group that talks to peers stuff like that to help out with personal problems or anything. Meet the girl of my dreams..which might take a while since Im the shyest person ever and well I've never been in a relationship. But the day will come! I need to learn to speak fench fluently! I know spanish already but french..ehh...and find where the magical luckey charms are damnit.
Short term goal is finish this book for class next week.

As for Willow and Tara the have tons of *ahem* goals.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:00 pm 
My goal is to go for a full day without offending someone or making slutty comments.

Well, I guess some goals are more easily attained than others, eh?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:13 pm 
my goal is to have a family with a lot of children and to actually follow through with my current "life dream" of finishing this masters degree, then going to culinary school for baking and pastry arts and opening up an american-style bakery and cafe in parma, italy and be near my relatives there. or at least to open a bakery somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:27 pm 
My main goal right now is to do whatever is required to help my children get a good start in life. I have other goals, but they can wait for a while.

I believe Willow and Tara would share a common goal, to love always.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:24 pm 
im going top do this acting course, they pick 12 out of 40-50, im feeling rejectable :( but I wanta be an actor more then anything!

I have another more attainable goal, I wanta marry Liv Tyler :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:11 pm 
My goal? Finally get the next Part of my fic finished! maybe my Muse is on vacation or something.

~Joy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:37 pm 
ha, my goal today was to talk to this girl I have a crush on named Lindy. I chickened out. yeah, my big accomplishment...:tear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:05 am 
My goals...

To be patient about this job hunting thing. Especially since I am a trailing spouse and there isn't much I can do until DH's company makes up its mind about hiring me (I already interviewed.)

To brush up on my French.

To get back into the artistic pursuits (music, theater) that I stupidly pretty much dumped during the dark years of graduate school.

To get the grass in my back yard growing decently.

To start eating healthier and exercising again (I think my bouts with the common cold this winter are largely due to my not taking appropriate care of myself).

To finally write that AtS/BtVS fic that's been percolating in my head for quite some time. Too perfectionist, that's me.

Ummm... to get rid of this cold quickly. Uggghhhhh... **reaches for yet another tissue**

And maybe one last one: to watch the S4 Buffy DVDs and not let a crashing wave of bitterness ruin it for me. S3 was tough enough, but the first second I see Tara's face I'm going to have to fight to block out S6/7. I've totally skipped all the commentary and special features on the S3 DVDs -- I'm afraid if I saw JW's face I'd put a foot through my TV, and I like that TV. :)

Annecy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:28 am 
I've set a goal to find a new job where I'm making decent money and enjoy the atmosphere that I am working in. I got a little discouraged yesterday when I got a call from a job that I went on an interview for the night before and its the same type of work I'm doing now but I was over qualified. I'm not giving up though. I've set a goal and I am bound and determined to reach it.

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:28 am 
This is such a great thread.

My goals, in no particular order, are:

1. To save enough money to buy a condominium. A year and a half ago, I was booted out of my wonderful apartment by the greedy swine of a new landlord who bought the building. :rage I'm now living with Mom and enduring not only a loss of privacy, but a 4.5 hour commute a day. I don't have time to exercise any more, except for an hour or so a week (it used to be an hour a day), and my health is going to the dogs. I have almost constant back pain now, am chronically exhausted, and feel terribly out of shape. My quest for housing is not made any easier by the exorbitant housing prices in the areas I want to live in. But I'm determined to stick it out and get the place of my dreams--I won't settle for anything less! :D

2. Start exercising more and get back into shape. See above.

3. Finish my novel. Someday.

Maybe my goals should be something more like, "survive another week of the commute from hell." :sigh That would be more realistic.

Firefoot
-----

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 2:26 pm 
Inspired by this thread I decided to start on one of the goals that I posted about here - on Saturday I have my first archery lesson. :) I wouldn't have even thought about it if it weren't for this thread. Thanks for the inspiration ladies!
xo,
Bronwyn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:57 pm 
Yay bronwyn!! That's great news. Let us know how the archery lesson goes!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:49 am 
Wow ! archery that sounds terrific. I'm not that big on goals, I'd like to keep doing creative stuff that I'm happy with and continue to have peace of mind - which I think is priceless.

I guess long term goals would be to sell my flat and get a place with a garden - maybe somewhere warm.- write a
screen play and a new g/f would be cool !!!!

Goals for W/T would be to rid Sunnydale of big bad stuff, take really good care of each other, write some books , then there's the question of kids ????

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:39 am 
Bronwyn, you lucky devil, you. I took archery lessons about ten years ago. I just loved it. Unfortunately, ten years of sedentary living and a nasty case of wrist tendonitis have basically ended archery forever for me. I envy you! :\

Firefoot
-----

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:46 am 
Well, it never rains but it pours as they say.

I had been looking for work since November last year and nothing was coming up so I decided to go self employed, I 'officially' did this about three weeks ago by registering with the SBG for some help wih the start-up.

My partner went self employed at Christmas and two weeks ago we started up a joint venture too.

She's got a couple of terrific contracts and I had three or four clients lined up and our joint venture was taking off quite well too.

Think that was enough to be going on with wouldn't ya. Nah ah.

Tuesday of this week I got a call about a job I had applied for just after the holidays. I'd given up on it, but they called and asked me to start asap so I went in for a couple of hours today to get a feel for the place and I'll start properly on Monday.

It's a great job, with a salary I've never had before so I'm chuffed at that alone BUT we have a lot of clients from the BBC so it could come in handy if anyone we know and love comes back to town ;)

I'm still going to carry on with my own business and the joint one too, there just won't be many free evenings left now. Luckily it's all stuff we can do from home so we still have plenty of time together.

It's kinds of like scoring a hat trick at the footie !

So, I've sort of achieved some of my goals without even trying. :D :

Happy valentines day to everyone.

Let's hope the day of love continues and we have a weekend (at least) of peace. :bigkiss :love :heart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:45 am 
My goal in life is just to finally be happy, but i think that may never happen, so i will have to work on my other goals

I wanna living in LA,
Visit monserrat.
Get Maths GCSE (iam 21 for gods sake and still cant add up)
Get off drugs (have been on them since i was 10 on and off)
Find love
Meet Amber :drool
Make my parents proud of me

Not much then!!!! lol
ETA - The drugs are for my nuttiness, not illegal ones
Caz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:57 am 
Hey H'm'h (21),
You know who this is.xx:fallen

And because I know you, I know that you'll be happy one day:pray

Doesn't everyone on here agree that only when you've experienced true and deep sadness, can you then feel true and deserved happiness and love?:confused :wave

Blessed Be.xxx Talulah.