The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's a Wishin' I was in Vegas weekend, MKF 2/15/03
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:09 am 
Ok, I admit wanting to be in Vegas with other kittens, wanting to meet them & all of that 'good' stuff. But, I'm not. Couldn't do it this year. Also, not being a big gambling fan and so forth.. There's also this nervousness about meeting people, being in crowds & the whole Vegas atmostphere.

But I so wanted to meet other kittens!!! :cry

My questions for the day are:

1. How did you decide about the Vegas trip?? My biggest obstacle has been money... not working yet, but surviving, I couldn't justify the cash outlay.

2. Which kitten(s) are you most interested in meeting?? you don't have to use names, but could give hints. There are a few kittens that I want to meet & that might be in Vegas.... but that's all I'm saying... :blush

3. And finally, although we would absolutely love to have our wonderful Willow & Tara join the kittens in Vegas, would they, as regular kittens, join in the Vegas celebration?? And I have no answer to that one..

So, here's hoping that our Vegas hopping kittens are having a wonderfully good time & will let us know the juicy details... and that the rest of us survive our non-Vegas weekends..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:36 am 
I would love to be in Vegas right now, I really wanted to go, but alas, my stupid job and boss have kept me here in England.:( I have spent the week in important & useful meetings and workshops, which have bored the hell out of me. :yawn

I would settle for meeting any kitten, I think everyone on this board intrigues me one way or another. Im sure I annoy the hell out of them but hey, I think its my calling in life. :cool

If I had gone to Vegas though I would have missed the big match. Now I am not going to gloat or anything (Ill save that for when a certain friend returns from holiday :devilish ) but Woo & Hoo. Man Utd 0 - Arsenal 2. OK the first goal wasnt a classic and Mr. Giggs did miss an open goal but the better side did win.

All in all today is a good day. I hope all the kittens in Vegas have a blast & I look forward to hearing about the drunken antics. :smash

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:37 am 
Wish i was there as well, but living in the uk there wasnt much chance of me going anyway, lol
There are so many kittens that i wanna meet, Xita, of course, dumbsaint - gotta meet the goddess that wrote vixans, Ruth - but i dont thinks shes there due to being in the uk as well and sooooooo many others , hoping you all have a good time.

Meanwhile, iam stuck in england, and manchester united have just lost to arsenal :sob
Today just keeps getting worse.
As for willow and tara, i think they would have gone, but i thinkt only to spend it having sex in the hotel :bounce :lol

Caz

ETA - Zippy, beng a huge :devilish fan (red devils) it takes a lot to say this, but you did play better then us but iam still wanting to :jho keano, he dives
(ducks waiting for zippys backlash):evil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:14 am 
That's very sweet. But just so as ya know, I'm not in Vegas either. Hee.

Not too big on crowds, I must say. Smutstress, Kitten, hermit. That's me. ;) I prefer smaller Kitten meetings- this one was just waaay too big, and in way too crazy a place for me. Even if that wasn't the case, I'm in the middle of a move at work, and an impending move at home as well, so I wouldn't have been able to make it, mostly likely. I have been lucky enough to meet several wonderful Kittens, though. I think the next Kitty on my wishlist to meet is my steadfastly Canadian rage filled man-ho, Brian. ;)

Although I fear I shall never meet Trevor. I just can't see explaining that one to Jer. :lol

And I'll add in response to Hellmouthhottie's image of W/T in Vegas that I am quite sure that I know two Willow and Taraesque Kitties who are there right now and already spending the whole time in the hotel having sex. Hee.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:27 am 
Hmmmm not in Vegas, only 6 hours away, but had to work Saturday although Alexis did say i could share her room :whistle

To big a gathering for me as well, but i would have love to have met Nicky and Alexis...Have to get that kitten tatt another time mate :laugh Later.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:27 am 
Well, I wish I had been able to go. But alas, money and work were gigantic obstacles for me. :(

I certainly hope that all the Vegas kittens are having a safe and wonderful time. And I do hope to hear of the kitten escapades upon their return back to the board.

As far as kittens I would like to meet...that's a tough one. There are just too many incredible kittens to choose! :grin

I think that if W/T were involved in something they strongly believed in AND something as great as the kitten board, then they would attend. I believe they would want to support it and others by making an appearance. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:39 am 
Vegas? That place with all the vices oh yes and kittens too!
Well, I supposed I could have forced myself to go to Vegas. Just to check that what I'd heard about kittens was true - you know, the drinking, dancing and general bad behavior that goes on with these kitten meets! I'd resolved that if I went, Id be taking several cameras and a web cam in order to ensure maximum opportunities for blackmail.
The reason I couldnt go to Vegas? Damn sinus trouble and I have to see the consultant on Tuesday.
I think Tara and Willow would go to Vegas and theyd make sure they got a room with a Jacuzzi in it!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:34 am 
Dumbsaint (julia, may i call you that?)
You cant just leave us hanging like that?

Caz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:24 am 
Gee,
I wonder who you could be referring to? :hmm
Ya think maybe it's _____and_____? I'm pretty sure it is.

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:19 pm 
Being in Sydney Australia makes any sort of kitten gathering very difficult, so I simply sit back and listen for the reports afterwards.

Hope they all had a lovely time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:20 pm 
atse28: I know the feeling since I'm also in Sydney. This coupled with work commitments and the ever so weak AUD makes trip to vegas a little difficult on all fronts. Oh well maybe one day....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:27 pm 
Well, I'm not the travelling type, and Vegas is not my style, then there's my whole anonymity issue...

Suffice it to say, I wish all the Vegas-goers fun and froic, in my absence; and hey, everyone else should have a good weekend too - why not?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:28 pm 
money was a big issue for me. good thing i didn't go though, cuz i had the nicest night on friday with my new girlfriend and we wouldn't have been able to do that had i been in vegas. :grin

i want to meet all of the kittens! it's always nice to put faces and "real" people to screen names and avatars :)

Have a happy weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:34 pm 
Wishin' and hopin' and dreamin'...

Curses! I will be in Vegas in 2 weeks to celebrate a friend's birthday. It will be a NASCAR weekend in Sin City then. Oh how I wish that that was The Kitten's Weekend! Next time, I guess! Cheers, Kittens! Hope you're having a blast! :peace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:16 am 
I came pretty close to going but I'd already been there in November and those Vegas carpets are just way too scary!!!
Looking forward to reading all the reports of mayhem, wreackage and debauchery.I hope they all had a truely awesome time and that Nix 42 got to try that choc pud to die for . Hope I can make it another time. :peace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:25 pm 
Logging in from Urn's wireless after stealing it away from Xita in jail. Just had to pop in and comment... because I don't know about you, but I didn't find the carpets scary. But I wasn't licking them, either. Were you?

Gotta go... Time to give this back to Urn because my time's up. She's got too many in her harem to take long on the laptop. Others have to have their turn on ... the gadget as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:30 pm 
I wish I could have been in Las Vegas this weekend too, even though Im not much for gambling or large get-togethers. Its always a lot of fun to meet kittens and get to know them in person. Ive been fortunate enough to meet a number of kittens in Toronto, Chicago, Birmingham and some locally and Ill be able to meet more at Moonlight Rising. I can say that Ive never been disappointed in meeting any kitten, theyve all been extremely interesting and personable. Someday, I hope to meet Queen Xita, Dr. G, Ruth and Julia, but I consider it a privilege to meet any member of this community.

I hope all our Vegas kitties are having a wonderful time, but please be careful; we want you all to get back home safe and sound.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:54 pm 
theres a kitten harem now? were do I sign Up?:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:20 pm 
God ! you mean you aren't supposed to lick the carpets. Must just be a U.K. thing or too much 'Fear And Loathing '. It could be what's been compounding my bed head hair prob since I got back -thanks for the tip.

So why are all the carpets done in such psychedelic candy bar colours then ?! :peace