The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's How Do You Handle Stress Tuesday MKF 02/04/03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:11 pm 
when i get stressed I usually curl up and stay in bed and try to sleep alot and figure out how many sick days i have left so I don't have to interrupt being stressed so i have to go to work. when I'm stressed at work I just try and get thru it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:16 pm 
This is going to sound pathetic but oh well, it used to be that thinking about w/t would relieve my stress, honestly. Immerse myself in their love would give me great comfort. Reading fic can do that for me now but it's sad that the comfort they used to give me is not there anymore.

Other than that, I enjoy chatting and watching something on tv that's on tlc or something. Reading a book can do wonders for stress. Mostly stay away from the stressful situation. When I walk out of work, I walk out and I pretend I don't work. I don't take that stuff with me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:32 pm 
Xita, I really really love your avatar. For reasons I don't think I'm supposed to talk about here.

I deal with stress by hitting people with swords (I fence) and/or playing violent videogames. It works, I tell you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:39 pm 
I recommend good sex, and a good massage combined! :devil

Im sure Willow and Tara are skilled in both categories :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 12:33 am 
I work at home a lot, so my work lives with me part of the day. I try to create stress-free zones within my house. I make a clear separation between the work areas and the living areas, and I arrange the living space so that it feels welcoming and comfortable, with little whimsical and humorous touches. Otherwise, I'd go crazy.

I've found that I have to work out regularly and intensively in order to keep from getting too stressed. But I balance that healthiness with allowing myself to eat whatever I'd like. It's a way of rewarding myself for working hard. And some days, I sneak off to Disneyland in between clients and ride a few rides. And sex, well, that goes without saying....

The best stress-buster for me, though, is to remind myself that a lot of the things that make me stressed are totally unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:12 am 
When I get stressed I can usually calm myself down with music - blaring something like Rage Against The Machine often helps. [img:9cb909b441]http://homepage.eircom.net/~mollyig/stretch.gif[/img:9cb909b441]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 8:26 am 
i take it out on my gf - poor thing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:23 am 
[quote:7a61090228]Quote:
So I'm watching Emmerdale and Zoe has just been diagnosed as a schizophrenic. She looks quite happy about it actually, and her line was..."Yes, goes quite well with being lesbian really."

[/quote:7a61090228]

Emmerdale did get one thing right though, 'cause I've found being called Zoe goes well with being a lesbian. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:30 am 
ok, well, heres something i dont tell hardly anyone (she says as she broadcasts it over the net)
I suffer from a mental illness, so stress can be a very dangerous thing for me, I have to take pills sometimes to help but i find that coming on here (the kitten board) seems to calm me down (that sounds so lame :blush )
So thanks to all you kittens for being so nice to me :D
I also find watching the documentary channels helps :blush

And of course the best thing, watching :willow and :tara

Caz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:26 am 
I'm another one for whom stress=migraine, nasty :puke ones (sorry too much info) thankfully I've got some medication that works wonders at the moment

Stress relief ... this board helps, listening to really loud music when I'm driving and having a good shout a football match

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:30 pm 
Hmmmm...usually when Im stressed I just turn on my computer and put on some music to dance to...pretty funny actually just imagine the scene with cameron diaz in charlies angel lol or I go play some b-ball helps me get the anger out really helps actually throwing the ball half-way through the court and if Im lucky enough I make a basket. hehe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:46 pm 
as i have found out, doing stress handling on your own don't work as effective than when you do it wioth someone... so...

we usually just go out and she'll have tea and i'll have tonic and i'll smoke and we'll just chill out till 3am and then sleepover at her house... the next morning stress's all gone. :grin