The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Its Give me a head of Hair Thursday! MKF 2/20/03
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:41 am 
This is a hair daily, talk about your hair, your significant others, your friends hair, actors hair (like smgs ponytails in Triangle :) ) or the rock musical Hair!

what about Willow and Tara, do they like Anyas hair, Buffys, do they have any radical plans for their own follicles?

me Im a blondie, and Ill die a blonde :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:56 am 
blonde. see avatar.

I had "metal hair" in college. Yup, long, nasty ass hair. Looked like a reject from a bad 80's band.

Once I started to teach my faculty advisor told me not to walk into a classroom until I got it cut and she was dead serious. So I did.

Now my wife forbids me from every growing it long again. Which is fine.

Now I am curious about the new baby. Liam had so much hair that it showed up on the ultra-sound. They have not said anything like that for this one. My son's hair is so blonde it is almost white, which is funny in way. He is named after my dad and my (who never goes by his name) goes by "Cotton" for the same reason.
My mom tried to call him (my son) "Cotton 2" one day and he very defiantly, as only a two year old can be, said "I am not Cotton 2. I am Liam!" Ended that debate right there.

Hair...had a really evil thing for red heads all through college. Dated a few. Went back to first and true love and married a blonde. Now my son is fascinated with girls with red hair. All his favorite shows all have red headed girls in them (I never let him watch "Buffy", but he can recognize Willow from my books.) and his "best friend" is a little red headed girl in his preschool. To be fair, these two have been together since they were babies.

Wow. That is a lot to say so early in the morning.

I liked short hair Willow and I really got a kick out zig-zag part Tara or antenna hair Tara. I like either really short or odd hair on women.

My wife hates her hair right now, being pregnant is doing really weird things to it.

Have a good one Kittens!

Warlock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:26 am 
it probably says a lot about me that i saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of "sweeney todd, the demon barber of fleet street" (thats a musical by the way, stephan sondheim is a genius!)

as for hair? well i'm dying my mousy brown a dark red colour later :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 am 
Once upon a time, I had long blond hair down to my waist, the quintesential surf-dude-beach-boy look. I also weighed 150lb and had the physique [if not the looks] of a greek god. I was so fit, it was disgusting.

Then something weird happened....I got older. And now some 25 years later, I my hair is but a mousy brown shadow of its former glory, and there is a lot, lot less of it too. Yep girls its the dreaded male pattern hair loss :sob

So now what is left is left as long as is practicable, but I can now sport a beard that Grizzly Adams would be proud of.

Still Waters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:45 am 
my hair is naturally brown with red highlights in certain light. in high school it was always one-length, and fell somewhere between my chin and shoulders. then i started dying it red, chopped it short in college, shaved it at one point (the pictures in my avatar are from when my head was shaved) and then didn't cut it the whole time i was in korea. so when i got home it was down below my collarbone. but i got sick of it, so now it's layered with the longest layer behing chin length and it usually flips out on the sides and looks all messy. i like it.

Hair is one of my favorite musicals of all time. I love listening to the soundtrack, or watching the movie. I want to marry Jeannie, she's so adorable.

Have a good hair day everyone :wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:47 am 
LOL! Love this topic! I love my hair. It's one of my best features. It's thick, straight, has very nice texture, and is the kind of light brown color you can do just about any alarming thing to. And it grows out fast, so if the experiment is a disaster, it's usually gone within six months.

Right now, it's short and very blonde (like David Bowie circa 1983 blonde). I'm blonde forever! :party

Watching the evolution of the hair on the Buffy/ Angel cast has been a riot, a source of entertainment even when the stories suck. The all-time low has to be those horrible wigs and fake beards they stuck on David Boreanaz. Almost as bad as his "Irish" accent. :rofl

Cheers all,
Firefoot
-----

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:16 am 
It's my birthday today :) So far I haven't noticed any grey hair so that's a good thing. Guess I've got a few years to go (I hope) until it hits. Have a great day kittens, oh and my hair is brown.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:42 am 
Originally posted by Ciler

:wave kittens...

Going through my local shop in search for some flour to make a cake, I ended up with some pancake mix in my bag. This is kind of a serious issue as I have never made pancakes before. Plus, I don't know what to put on them once baked. So I browsed through my season 6 to find out some clues, but if pancakes are often mentionned, never is the topping :hmm

So I was wondering, there must be some kittens aware of the right way to prepare and serve pancakes. But that would be a bit selfish, so I thought this thread could be a general kitten cooking thread ? DOes it sound like a good idea ?

Oh yes... one last important question... Round, or funny shape :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:45 am 
Originally posted by fluffylamb

I had blueberry pancakes for dinner last night, with artificially-flavored imitation blueberries. Nope, theres no pretense about there being any actual fruit in Jiffy muffin mix. Anyway, to get to your topping question, I think the only acceptable topping for pancakes, or any hot griddle-made breakfast item (French toast, waffles, scrambled eggs), is real maple syrup, the kind from trees, not corn syrup.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:50 am 
Happy B-day. Puff-child! You have QUITE a way to go before you get grey, dahlink. You're still a baaaaaby. :eyebrow Wait until you hit your thirties. My snippy little baby dyke barber never fails to point out and label all of my new grey hairs that she finds that have grown since my last haircut :happy . She's only 23 or something like that so I usually get the urge to thwap her...HARD. :smash

I've got really thick, curly black people hair. Too damn thick for hairdressers to do and not rip out half of my head. It's really short and wavy now, mostly because I am lazy as hell and don't feel like taking hours to do it. When it was long, it was REALLY thick.

My baby has dark blonde hair that gives me tingles when I run my fingers through it. *sigh* Drives me wild when she lets it grow out and curl below her ears. I really am a sucker for brunettes and dark blondes. However, accents (voice not hair) of any kind are what really drive me wild. You could lead me around by the nose with a good British or even Deep Southern accent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:54 am 
:bounce Happy Birthday Puff! :bounce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:28 am 
Interesting thread. :p

Well... I had slightly below shoulder length black hair till a week ago. Now I still have black hair but it's gone all Anakin Skywalker complete with a braid. I got impatient... hopped off the chair just before the last locke of hair got snipped off. 20 minutes of sitting still... very still... wasn't easy. :rolleyes I've discovered... for a 23 year old... I have a fair bit of white hair... not grey... WHITE!! I was lounging at my friends place yesterday and suddenly felt someone plucking hair from my head! :spin So.. I have jet black hair... with white hair sprouting from the top :lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:54 am 
I am trying to decide whether to grow my hair out or keep it short. Until I make the decision, I am letting it grow. The front has grown out enough that it gets in my eyes. This morning, when I was combing my hair, I thought to myself, My God, Im going to have to go buy some barrettes. That was such a horrible thought: me with barrettes. Itll probably be 2 or 3 months until its long enough to tuck behind my ears. I can see myself losing patience and cutting it short again in a few weeks. I envy those Play-Doh figures that can have long hair instantly.

A couple of posters have said that theyve noticed white or grey hairs. Ive noticed lately that I have several white eyelashes and a few white strands in my eyebrows. The rest of my lashes are very dark.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:58 am 
Happy birthday puff :kiss

Well, last week i cut all my hair off, much to my mums dismay (i had been growing it long and she liked that) so now i have punk hair thats lots of different kinda colours and sometimes in a mohican!!!
I have had, jet Black,brown,blond, purple, red, and some really weird colour that was a mistake, At this moment in time i have bright green hair colour sitting in my room waiting to be used.
My veiw on hair is theres no such thing as a bad haircut, cos it will always grow back, and if it does not, then i have a huge collcetion of baseball caps :applause

The only thing that bugs me, is when i (or anyone) have had my hair cut, everyone says "you have had your haircut? so i reply, yeah i know i was there!!! :lol .

Its the Brit awards tonite uk kittens, avril lavignes gonna be there and pink, coldplay, david gray, blue and i think kylie but iam not sure about her, aqnd loads of others, i wonder what incident will occour this year,

My fave buffy hair has to be, taras JBF hair in seeing red :D

Caz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:15 am 
I used to have long, shoulder length, brown hair. It even had a couple of natural blond streaks in it, which was kinda cool. But I cut it all off a few years ago. I was playing rugby and it was just no fun having long hair in the scrum, so I cut it short. For about a year it kept getting shorter and shorter until I finally just shaved it all off, but I hated that and started to grow it out. Now it's short and spikey and has been for a couple of years.

I can't see myself being patient enough to grow it out long again, plus I love my hair short because it is so much easier. Sometimes I get bored with it though, so I'll dye it or something like that.

As for Buffy hair I loved Tara's hair in season 4. I don't normally go for blonds, but her hair was just so hot! :drool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:28 am 
I'm going gray, it's my mother's fault, stupid ass genetics. :sob

I do however dye my hair, currently it is red, but it has been all colours, blue black, blonde, purple, I could go on.

At present I have a small chunk missing where it got chopped away to sew my head back together. It used to be all short and spikey but now I have managed to grow it into a bob. Usually I get pissed off when growing my hair and get it all cut off so I am quite proud of myself.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:54 am 
Tara's Just Been Fucked hair.

Nuff said.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 12:06 pm 
Shoulder length red hair. Not bright red, but reddish-blondish-brownish. When I start going gray and have to begin dyeing my hair, it's probably going to be a pain in the butt to duplicate the color.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:05 pm 
I'm blondish brown, cut short..faded actually. Usually worn either in the preppy boy flat to the head and piecey or the bedhead mussed up look. Regardless it's so thick it's usually 1/4 styling gel cause otherwise it wont hold.

Aim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 2:23 pm 
I LOVE the musical "Hair"! I've watched it a million times and know all the songs by heart :bounce

*sings "Down to here, down to there, down to where it stops by itself!"

I used to have long hair, now it's short and it's currently dyed red (for proof, see pic in the Kittenchat photo album on Yahoo ;) )

Christine

edited to add : Yay! I'm Willowhand! :party

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:14 pm 
I've got naturally reddish mousy brown hair, yuck, so I dye it dark red instead. It's not hugely different from my natural colour, just more intense.

I did have a bob, nape-length at the back & chin-length at the front. But I got bored so it's about Willow S7 length at the moment.

The scariest hair I ever had was after my first perm at 16. I've got quite thick hair, & the hairdresser didn't layer it at all - Crystal Tips explains all to a certain generation of UK Kitties ;)

Feena
-x-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:27 pm 
I've just got boring old black hair.

I have had all the colours in the rainbow almost, blonde, blue, purple, red, shaved head.

Now that I'm older and have clients to see, the black must stay.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:52 pm 
I must admit I have the soudtrack for Hair 'cunnilingus everlasting!' a kitten must :D (referring to Hair song sodomy)

oh yes and guess this ;) 'This is the dawning of-'

what noone else is gonna discuss smgs Triangle hair?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:27 pm 
My gosh, when I was around 11 or 12, my jazz class did a dance to a song from "Hair" fast forward 8 years...and now I can just say..."Hair" is SOOOO wrong for pubecent kids!!!

Mine's redish-brown, kinda a pretty copper colour, and very long, and thick, and fine, and wavy when I want it curly, straight when I want it wavy, a curly tangled mess when I want it straight...but still really really cool:) Conditioner is a lifesaver...it's my best feature(the hair, not the conditioner)

As for Willow and Tara hiar...s4 or s6 was pretty good...it's hard to say for other characters...some have had thier styles so long it would be just wrong for them to change it...others change it before you can decide if it's good or not!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:45 pm 
My friend Denny was in the touring company of Hair because back then he had his reddish/blonde hair grown down to his waist. Now that hes ready to turn 50, hes much more respectable, but hell still break into song every now and then for no apparent reason.

My hair has been pretty consistent since high school, dark brown with some weird reddish highlights when the light hits it just right, and worn just past my shoulders. Ive never had any desire to color it because its OK the way it is. Ive had it permed a few times, but my hair is so fine that it wont hold a perm for long, so I just gave up and let it grow out. Both of my parents had very little grey hair; they kept their color as they aged, so maybe Ill be lucky and inherit their hair color genes.

I do have a soft spot for redheads; theres just something about red hair that I find irresistible. Of course, if I had a girlfriend who happened to be blonde, I wouldnt ask her to change the color or dump her because of it. Heh. Actually, if she had hair like Amber, it wouldnt be an issue at all. And yes, Taras JBF hair is a thing of beauty.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUFF!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:20 pm 
Currently I've got season 2/3 Buffy hair... an angled bob, longer in the front and shorter in the back. Not as highlighted as SMG's though; just a touch of beige blonde highlights mixed in with my natural dark golden blonde. (My next door neighbor is a hairstylist, and a wizard of a colorist! Lucky me.) My hair is so fine I can't grow it out long, or it looks unkempt and straggly. Oh, to have Tara's JBF hair. *sigh*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:33 am 
Either I've missed something in the way this board works, either my supposedly cooking thread has turned into a hair-dressing thread :hmm

fluffylamb : maple syrup actually tastes very good, thank you.

Shinnen : I'm 23 and also have white hairs, can't think of it has being a problem.

After further investigations... it seems that my thread has merged with a daily hairdressing thread :confused

Sorry for the intrusion

*instead of double posting, edit your first post and add anything new to that one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:47 am 
Ciler...your post was moved to the daily thread, where all OT stuff belongs, please read the FAQ.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:07 pm 
I'm naturally blonde.. and since 6th grade of elementary school.. I keep my hairs shoulder-lenght :p

I had differents colors though.. I kept dark red for a long time.. then I had fushia :p and then dark red with lots of bloody red highlights.. I had them different blondes..

Right now they are my natural color.. But I'm so tired, I'm gonna cut them I still don't know how but I'm gonna change my haircut.. I wanna stay blonde though

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 2:50 pm 
ahhh...my hair? well.....the goddess & the gods have only made a few heads - such as mine... - perfectly. The rest have been covered with hair.

Does that about sum it up??? hee hee!!
Oh well...hair today...gone tomorrow!

besides...the Kojack look is gonna be HUGE in 2004!!!