The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's a 'I wish I won a million' weekend MKF 02/22/03
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:49 am 
This might of be asked before, but what the hell, I might as well ask it again.........

I was watching Triangle again last night and thought about Willow's 'I wish I won a million' remark in the Bronze.

So what would you do with a Million /$/E/whatever.

What would Willow and Tara do with a large windfall like that.

As for myself, if I won the lottery, some of it would go to Amber's next project. Just think what she could do with the money that could go on a ferrari

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:20 am 
Oh I'll admit to my I wish I had a million euros moments. Money may not buy happiness but it can definitely buy some peace of mind for some people near and dear to me. I grew up in a lower lower middle class family or an upper lower class family if you will, by western Dutch standards anyway, lack of money was always an issue. I am reasonably well off now. I have no monetary complaints anymore, but with a million I'd buy myself a new home somewhere near my home town where there will be plenty of room to properly park my mother when she is staying with me. I would buy me some (more) of those luxury products we can all live without but want to have anyway, and I would not feel bad about it either. On a less looking out for number one note, I would make sure that family and friends who need something badly will get it, because I am nice that way. [img:ecd65f938c]http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/ups/mtk/badteeth.gif[/img:ecd65f938c]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:14 am 
wow, a million.... hmmmm i guess i would use it to stay at university next year instead of having to work around and i'd give lots to my parents and my brother. anything left, i'd use to set up a small theatre venue and bribe someone so that my friend who would like to run the theatre company can stay in the country without having to get married.

ok ok i've thought about this a little :eyebrow especially while pulling all those pints and being nice to drunk people :rolleyes

ps. anyone want to get married to a lovely american gay guy?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:26 am 
Oh, pay off all my loans (school and vehicle-wise) and other bills for sure...
Pay my mom back for everything she has done for me...and my grandparents....
I don't know what I would do with the rest of it...:confused

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:07 am 
interesting topic. I think that I'd buy a big ranch house and fill it with animals. I love horses and have always wanted to ride but I live in PA where its not too common, so i'd add a stable and some horsies. Then I'd donate large amounts to animal shelters and preserves. The rest I guess i'd save. Maybe spoil myself and my friends.

~Erica

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:22 am 
I noticed that most people are talking about the big things they'd change in their lives, as they usually do when this question is asked, and that's great, but what about the little things? What little luxuries do you deny yourself because of money? Do you avoid hardback books and wait for them to come out in paperback? Or buy American chocolate instead of the good imported stuff?

Me? I'd change breakfast. I'd have Odwalla tangerine juice and really good French pastries (imported from Paris on the Concord if possible) every morning except for Sundays. On Sunday, I'd have my favorite Chinese restaurant bring dim sum to me at my home in bed, carts and all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:12 am 
Mmmm, I'd give some to my family, trade my sporty Citroen Saxo in for an even more sporty BMW Z3 & see if I could get Kylie to come and sing at my birthday party. ;)

On the little luxuries front, I would go and watch Arsenal play more often, because of the money factor I have to limit myself to the 3 (soon to 2) away games played in the North East and 1 London derby a season.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:51 am 
Its maybe heavy question. Milion korun eskch (my money) is not like dollars or pounds. But - give for Kitten board for Amber
- for me for armor and new swords (like greek short swords)
- for family
- buy movies
- who know ? million is many moneys.

Tara : ,Horsies !,

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 8:58 am 
I've thought about this a lot, because we Californians are bombarded with Super Lotto Plus commercials. We all get to thinking what we'd do with millions, even though the chances of winning are way less than the chances of being hit by lightning.

I would add on to my house, replace one of my cars, pay off all of my siblings' student loans, and pay off my parents' mortgage. I'd make bigger political contributions.
I'd set up an educational trust for my nephew, and for my cousin's son.Then, I'd start a foundation that would target its contributions toward education, women's rights, and gay and lesbian concerns.

I can't think of any day-to-day things that I currently deny myself. But there is one more thing: I'd bankroll any film project Amber Benson wants to do, because I appreciate the kindness, sensitivity, and respect she's shown her fans, as well as her putting her heart and soul into bringing a positive lesbian character to life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:18 am 
Shoot, today I'd be happy with a couple grand, a few plane tickets and a train ride. Just enough to help a friend.

Should have planted a money tree instead of that Magnolia.

I know now there is a reason why I don't gamble. I really suck at it.

So no worries about competition from me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 9:23 am 
I wish I could win a lot more than that so I could finally start Kitten Ass productions and make my very own lesbian movie starring Amber and Aly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:15 am 
You know Xita, for the right script, people will sometimes work really cheap.

So if you *wrote* the right script... hmm?

*S*

Wow.

How long is it since I posted in a daily thread? I feel so guilty. I've hardly been posting at all.

Katharyn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:30 am 
bad katharyn must be punished! :devilish

And that script, I don't know , I know a few people who could do such a good job working with that kind of talent :whistle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:39 am 
Isn't the whole point of Pens? To come up with the perfect script writing team to pull this together?

Its a machiavellian plan to have THE summer blockbuster of all time.

Katharyn

Edited to add: Punish me! Punish me!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:42 am 
:jho bad katharyn! Oh the pens so could make THE lesbian classic of all time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:58 am 
A million, eh? I'm hoping for that tonight so I can walk into work on Monday and tell them that me and my vegetarian shoes are walking right out of there and they can kiss my veggie butt! Have you heard of any work place that causes trouble because you won't wear leather shoes?
Then I'd stay home and write when I wanted, and then see if a certain actress would be interested in helping me in my making them into films endevour!!

And I'd give some to cancer research in the hope they found something to stop families losing loved ones.
Fingers crossed for our Lottery tonight!!:pray

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:21 am 
Hmmm... a million dollars, eh?

Well, the first thing I'd do is buy some plane tickets for a friend. Then a couple more for me and my gf to go and see that friend. :)

Then... I'd pay off all my school loans, buy a new car that would actually PASS inspection, and probably buy my parents a nice vacation.

After that? Ooooh... a MUCH better computer... a grand kitty castle/tree for my cats...

Oh yeah, and I'd invest in that "movie" that xita seems intent on filming. :grin Because who WOULDN'T want to see that happen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:24 am 
I don't really need a whole million, so I'd give some of it away...animal rights stuff, AIDS research and prevention, cancer research, I'm not sure. I'd also give some to my mom so she can dump asshole boyfriend and quit the stupid job that she hates. :lol
I would keep enough of it to be comfortable though. Maybe I would by a hybrid car and a decent sized house (anything would be better than this little studio appartment). I would travel a lot too.
As for little things that would change: I'd start buying really nice bottles of wine and I would collect books to begin a great personal library in my house.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:28 am 
Redone for the Kitten Board, curtosey of the BNL song.

If I had $1000000
(If I had $1000000)
I'd buy you an Amber
(I would buy you a Amber)
If I had $1000000
(If I had $1000000)
I'd buy you Aly for that Amber
(Maybe even Joss's rights to Buffy)
If I had $1000000
(If I had $1000000)
I'd rent you a movie set
(a nice sized one, with room for kittens)
If I had $1000000 I'd buy it all.

If I had $1000000
I'd build a movie camera
If I had $1000000
I'd help you make that script
If I had $1000000
Maybe we could make Xita's movie,
wouldn't that be cool?

If I had $1000000
(If I had $1000000)
I'd buy you a lawyer
(but not a real lawyer, thats cruel )
If I had $1000000
(If I had $1000000)
I'd buy you Tara's leasing rights
(Like so we could make our movie)
If I had $1000000
(if I had $1000000)
I'd buy you Joss Whedons remains
(All those grim and gray hair and bones...?)
If I had $1000000 I'd buy your love.

If I had $1000000
We wouldn't have to have the kitten board
If I had $1000000
But we love the kitten board, it's smut!
If I had $1000000
We wouldn't have to write our smut, we could see it
But we would, cause we just are all addicted so much..

If I had $1000000
(If I had $1000000)
I'd buy you an Alyson
(But not a real Alyson thats cruel.)
If I had $1000000
(If I had $1000000)
I'd buy you some Ruth
(not from the Bible, but the Smut Queen)
If I had $1000000
(If I had $1000000)
I'd buy you a monkey
(haven't you always wanted a monkey?
Like maybe Xander?)

If I had $1000000, If I had $1000000
If I had $1000000, If I had $1000000
There'd be smut!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:23 pm 
Hello Everyone.
I'm with Sharon on this one, I'd settle for a couple grand. But if I had a million dollars, first I'd pay off all my debts. Then I'd buy a house for myself and kids and a new car. I'd give a lot to charity. Mainly, the animal rescue group I volunteer for. The rest I'd give to my friends who needed a little help. I know what its like to be broke and wouldn't want to see anyone suffer if I had the means to help them. But I'm sure if I had a million dollars, I'd have a lot of friends that I didn't even know I had. But if I could help them, I would.

Love To All,
Barb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:33 pm 
With lots of millions, I'd also be tempted be tempted by an Alyson/Amber project. I'd buy the rights to Buffy and do a Willow/Tara spinoff based on what [b:9cd441c43e][i:9cd441c43e]really[/i:9cd441c43e][/b:9cd441c43e] happened after The Gift, which would have nothing to do with Buffy being resurrected or the other events of season sux. And I know just where to look for the writing talent...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:16 pm 
interestingly enough, last night my gal and i were discussing the lotto....
if i won i'd relocate to LA. immediately. and buy a vx2000 (tranlsation:verrrrrrrry expensive camcorder). and in general just live less stressfully, because after those two bigmassivechunk expenses, i'd hide it from me, essentially and try to forget i had any money sitting about, but if ::echem:: whoamikidding, When things get tight, i'd not have to have a stroke.
:)
peace.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:51 pm 
If I had a million right now I'd probably not show up for my brand new job which I start on Monday. Still I have the joy that is the Brummie accent to look forward to.:\

Beyond that I'd probably buy my Mum that house that I promised her when I was five. Can't believe she's still holding me to that.:p

Oh, and I'd pay someone to buy tonnes of smarties and pick out only the orange ones for me. And it wouldn't be considered insane because rich people aren't insane, they're "eccentric".

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 3:58 pm 
A million dollars...well, first off I would take 25k and drop it into my checking, then another 25k into savings so it can sit and draw intrest for when i decide i really need it. then I would give my grandparents 100k to make up for all the things they've done for me all my life. I'd give my mom 50k, not because she's done anything for me aside from mental trauma, but because she's my mom. Lemme see, that's 800,000 left over..I would buy my dad a greenhouse and some mean pitbulls because his crops tend to draw unwanted visitors. 798,800..I would put 50k away in a trust fund for my Dominic. 758,800...I would buy myself a nice truck. And what the hell...A new firebird. And a 5 bedroom 4 bath house with 3 acres and a barn. Two horses, two pits and their fixins and I'd put the rest away.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:50 pm 
id finance an arthouse movie with amber benson as the main star, and therell be lots of girl on girl.... the artistic kind of girl on girl :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:22 pm 
Very easy to answer and very boring:

Invest it. That should make at least 40.000$ a year even after deducting taxes.

Take that and:
- spend half of this sum to counter inflation by adding it to the savings
- give some to charities
- travel a lot
- finish my studies (I might aim for more than one degree then)

And start to really think about what to do with the real money when I decide to get a family.

Or maybe get my parents a house with a big garden right away, if that's what they really want, and just use the rest of the money for the plans above. It would still be more than enough.

You see, I have it all figured out, now just tell me where to get this #*?! million.

Edited to add:

After some calculating: If you invest 1 million dollars at an interest of 4% (that should be careful enough if you want to invest that big a sum for a long time), you'd just have to wait for 7 years. Then you could build a 300.000$ home and still have the million. And use it for your pension. Or charities. Or whatever.

Well, guess the thing with the first million being the hardest is really true then ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 6:34 pm 
With a million dollars I could just about afford to pay off all my credit cards. :lol

As a matter of fact, my office partners brother won the $107 million Big Game jackpot last year, so I have given some thought as to what I would do if I won a substantial amount of money. Suffice it to say that if youre a friend or family member youll be very happy to be related to me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2003 7:38 pm 
Oh, I could do far, far too much. In fact, I won't bother listing, because there's just that many things I'm thinking of...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:29 am 
That's easy....
1.) pay off my bills and my gf's bills....
2.) buy a house where we can live and then rebuild the house to our liking....
3.) buy two new GOOD cars
4.) shopping spree at the mall for both of us
5.) I suppose investing would be responsible....
6.) Fuck responsibility....more shopping....
7.) pay for the Vegas kitten gathering for next year?!? :applause

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 6:00 am 
Easy... not go back to work on Monday. Just had 2 weeks off, and I really don't want to go back. I suppose the huge credit card bill is a bit of an incentive, though.