The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's a 'I wish I won a million' weekend MKF 02/22/03
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:49 am 
if i had million dollars, i'd pay off my debts, get a new car, buy every cd, & dvd that i've wanted, donate some to charity, buy a house

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:12 pm 
Well, for me, some of it would go to my folks because they deserve it, some of it would be saved and the rest would be for setting myself up for Uni life.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 2:57 pm 
Unfortunately my response is also rather boring.

I'd pay off the mortgages, set aside maybe $275K for investment and take my gf on a world wide trip for 2 months.

Boring I know but I'm desperately wanting to go travelling with my gf and its hard firstly from Australia cause everything is so far and secondly, having enough time off from work to do it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:48 am 
I'd buy myself a decent little house with a big yard in a rural area; quit my job; get to work on writing full-time (investing of course in a fantastic new computer with a totally ergonomic desk set-up and voice dictation software installed on the hard drive); and finally, buy myself a Subaru Outback wagon, which is my dream car.

I'd also get some pets--two or three dogs (all some type of retriever, probably) and a few cats as well (at least one would have to be an affectionate lap cat; another would have to be the kind of uber-hunter that would keep mice out of the basement).

I'd set up trust funds for my niece and nephew's educations. I'd make a nice contribution to my alma mater, and probably to some other worthwhile charitable causes as well.

I'd give my Mom enough money to quit her job, too.

I'd give my siblings some nice presents, but not lump sums of cash, 'cuz they're grown-ups. :D

Gotta buy a lottery ticket before I keep dreaming. ;)

Firefoot
-----