The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's "Screw This!" Tuesday, MKF. 2/25/03
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:57 am 
Ha. You thought since I started this thread it was going to be about listing off things which are fun to have sex with. Not so much.

When was the last time you got fed up with a situation and just got to that point of wanting to tell everyone involved to go to hell? Today is just a sucky day, I've decided. Work is hectic, escrow is lagging, I'm having major issues with a close friend, I'm starting to come down with something blechy and headachey, and I'm PMSing like a mo-fo. And I know that many other people I love are having a crappy day today, too. :/

So here's a hearty, "Screw this!" and a fond longing for tomorrow. Love to the Kitties.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:01 am 
It must be something in the air. Today, I feel like just screaming at people, "Get your @#$%ing act together before you start calling me and pestering me!!!" Sheesh...

:rage

Firefoot
-----

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:25 am 
Dumbsaint have a :kiss and a better day tomorrow

I have had a shitty day as well, I hate my social worker :angry :rage she are the spawn of the :devilish (iam sure not all social workers are the same though)
But its the footie tonite Man utd are playing juventus so :pray hopefully that will cheer me up.
Firefoot- i know the feeling, if one more person phones me up
to sell me a conservatory i will screem

Caz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:30 am 
Definately something in the air, I don't know one person who had a decent day today :spin . I guess it wasn't too bad for me, but being around people having shitty days hardly fills you with the joys of.....err...winter. Yeah that'd be right.

Hope everyone has a better time of it tomorrow :wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:45 am 
Oh Jho...

I know I don't need to say it. But fuck. Yeah. Bugger this; I'm off.

Crappy days are really crap sometimes. And hey, they're only made worse by the fact that it's raining. Bloody raining. I mean, I might as well be at home. Which I will be tomorrow. Sigh.

Did I say bugger already?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:51 am 
This past Saturday. I spent the afternoon helping my students rehearse with their accompanist for an upcoming event. The accompanist was unprepared, missing notes, and copping a pissy attitude. One student forgot to put in her contacts and could barely read her music, so her rehearsal time was practically wasted. One mom was into her standard, profoundly irritating hovering-over-her-son mode (like I'm going to hit him or something? Geez. I rarely even raise my voice to a student, no matter how not-with-the-practicing he or she has been.) And for several days prior, the students had been calling or e-mailing me to change their rehearsal times, which made the accompanist even crankier. And I'm thinking, "why the hell didn't I major in business?"

But now I'm of the mind that if the students screw up their performances this weekend, it's not my problem. I can't practice for them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:00 pm 
Oh goddess..

Yesterday I got dumped by my lover, I quit school and I felt like killing everybody! oh wait, not just yesterday! today either!

My mother's bugging me to go post CVs to get a job.. I just feel if she bug me another time I'm gonna scream something bitch back at her.

anywayz
I hope you kitties are doing great today..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 pm 
Today has been pretty crap, we have no staff as people keep getting better jobs,then the replacement staff stay one day and decide they don't want to come back.

It was funny at first but in three days we have got through 4 admin assistants. On the other hand after tomorrow it won't be my problem 'cause I'm off till next Tuesday! :smash

Things have just got worst. Man Utd have score. Bugger.

Oh Ruth, not only is there rain here, but fog as well, it's been a real pea souper today.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:24 pm 
I am right on board with the Screw This topic.

My company is 'downsizing'. :rolleyes Along with several others, I got demoted last week and have watched numerous co-workers get fired and/or laid off since last Thursday. :shock I am incredibly anixety ridden at this point. Who knows if I'll be next? :\

I am searching for another job and I am hopeful I can say Screw This to my current job real soon. :rage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 2:47 pm 
damn this thread brings up bad memories, wish this thread was about screwing stuff :) , the stuff you can do with brush handles...... :evil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:05 pm 
Ok, I'm on board with everyone here. Today is sucky as hell, its raining (hello! thought it NEVER rained in sunny southern california...liars) and I'm feeling like a caged lioness. Of course, if I were to be freed from said cage I can name off about 485 people that would have their heads ripped off! Ooo that thought made me feel better. :bounce

Suddenly I feel like perching myself in a rather tall bell-tower.... :evil

...then again..maybe I should just go and take a nap...I'm so cranky and tired I could just :thud

Ok, sleep now...Guinness later....heh heh...hope everyone's day goes better tomorrow :bigkiss :peace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 5:50 pm 
Screw it - my sentiments exactly today. My company made the front page headlines again; this time with a story about laying off 1,000 workers at headquarters. That works out to approximately 1/3 of all the associates there. I keep looking over my shoulder, ready for somebody to tap me on the back and hand me a cardboard box. It doesnt exactly make for a happy, relaxing work environment. And the weather here totally sucks too. Were having another night of below zero temperatures and Ive given up trying to shovel the snow out of my driveway. How much longer until spring?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:02 pm 
really sorry to go against the screw you sentiment BUT

had a crap day today as well - people in general were really mean, and my feet got wet from the snow and today is Tuesday

but wanted to say

Thanks to xita for putting up a whole bunch of completed fics into the archive. Tuesday is my day for W/T goodness and I really like reading the fics when they are completed, and re-reading the ones that I just lovveee. So just wanted to say thanks for all the new ones in there so that I can get myself into a better mood reading all the goodness. Think I'm going to pretend its the holidays and reread the Holiday fic and dream of cheerleaders and policewomen.:blush

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:07 pm 
I had that day today. People asking me questions I'd already answered in previous e-mail and such. :rage
I today understand why people go "postal":jho
To top it all off I received the final place for the hall of where I'm getting married Monday and its twice as much as it was suppossed to be. So tomorrow I'm off to sell my wares, Argg-I really hate today.:angry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:24 pm 
My head feels like someone is pounding it with a hammer, I can't stand even the smell of food at the moment, I have a term paper to complete and I have no energy, my phone keeps ringing with idiot telemarketers today, and my best friend is in one of her moods... bringing me down with her (I really don't want to hear for the 100th time why she hates her boyfriend... for god's sake just break up already, spare me the drama). Well "Screw This" :rage ! Ah I do feel a tad better now, thanks for this thread I needed it!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:43 pm 
"Screw This" indeed!, well my job at least. Today was quite the crazy pissed off day, more pissier then usual for me lately. I told my boss he was a lazy man, well not verbally--I left it in a note. It's part of my 100 ways to try and get fired, but nothing's working so far.

I hate my job and my boss. He's got a shitty worthless life, so he feels that to make him feel better, he'll discuss with everyone in the store how I happen to like girls. Like it's any of his business. It's not as if I'm ashamed or anything, I'll wave my little rainbow flag proudly if I have to, but in a workplace I don't really think my sex life(or lack there of) is anyones business. I'd like to call him on it or tell everyone how he's cheating on his wife, but I won't stoop down to his level. :mad He's such a fat f*@#*!!# slob!!! Grrrr!! I don't know what will make it stop! Maybe I should just come out to everyone there, then there will be nothing for them to talk about. It's all out in the open, then. Whatever! Piss on him!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:18 pm 
People think they've seen me mad, but it's very rare that I get really upset. Sometimes with the gf, but work can bring it out in me. I get upset at unprofessionalism. When others depend on the work you are doing , then you must get it done. When people put me in a bind because they can't finish their work or do it right, I lose it. And this year I had to complain about another co-worker. I would usually not do that but this was the last straw. I just said I wouldn't work with her again. Even thinking about it makes me upset :mad . These are kid's lives and this woman could not pay attention or listen or actually have a brain.

Anyway, I had a great day today so I am not going to ruin it anymore by discussing this, it's American Idol night after all :devilish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:46 pm 
yeah, well...I didn't have to deal with stupid people...or people in general actually cuz I never left my house. See, my "screw this" is at the fact that I'm sick....:sneeze and I'm so sick of being sick (this was day 5). I just want to feel better and....god, look better cuz I look like absolute shit....lol...about as good as I feel...

Love to all the Kitties in playland....Hope tomorrow's better....

PS~ And hey, Ruth, if you get this, don't forget that Vitamin C before the flight back to the Motherland, ok?!? Trust me....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:03 pm 
dekalog, i just read your comment. Thanks. Everything has been hectic and it had been a while since I had sent fics to the archive so I am happy people enjoy that :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:55 pm 
Well, I had a very good day. I didn't get much sleep last night yet I woke up refreshed and feeling great. I then spent the day with my niece, just hanging out playing cards and doing jigsaw puzzles. I skipped breakfast and lunch and yet wasn't famished and ended up eating a lite dinner. The weather was warm and sunny. And even though it's nearly 1AM and I've had little sleep and no coffee, I'm not very tired right now. This has been a great day! Nothing special, just everything went right and I'm feeling fine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:16 pm 
Awwww, big hugs out to J-Ho. It truly sucks when it all rains down on you at once.

My day, at least the end of it, has sucked beyond the telling of it. :sob As for my longing for tomorrow, well, "fond" doesn't begin to capture it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:49 am 
Ah, Domaris - that truly sucks. Are you considering going back to school sometime in the future?

I'll share with you a little tid-bit. My ex-fiance became my ex when she dumped me the night before my last Master's degree comp exam. You can imagine how well the next day went. Several years later, we work for the same company and she sits 30 feet from me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:48 am 
I'm sorry you've all had such a bad day :(

I do hope it all got better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:12 pm 
Well, [b:df422f98bf]Dumbsaint, I'd just LOVE to be all "Screw that!" over school... ah, but no, my little perfectionist ass wont let me. I'd study on the way to me mom's funeral; I'm like that.

Talking about asses, mine is [i:df422f98bf]literally[/i:df422f98bf] numb from hours of sitting on the computer, doing school work. I had a 3hr [expended] history test today, followed by a math pop-quiz, followed by the discovery that I have no ride home and must hitch hike. I have a yet-unwritten book report due tomorrow morning and a colossal term paper in psychology I don't even know how to start. For the last 4hrs I've been translating, which should've been alright since I get paid for that only that I've just had my work doubled and my deadline shortened.

So, in short, I DO NOT feel like apologizing for the fact that I feel like crap. Yeah, alright, I'm an overly perfectionist teenager, and I do understand that this combination usually suggests that my problems would be about as meaningful as cat-barf. I get that. But from some reason, today I am fed up with kipping the lid on it, and [b:df422f98bf]screw THAT![/b:df422f98bf]. I wanna at LEAST get some frigging appreciation for working [i:df422f98bf]so hard, and not just get constantly mocked by my peers for geekyness and over-studying, or have my achievements ignored because they're so frequently made. With all due respect, not everybody can do what I do, little as it may be, and I deserve [i:df422f98bf]to be told that[/i:df422f98bf] every once in a while!

okRant over

*clears smoke*

gee, where the hell did that come from? My love to all you kittens who feel as crappy