The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wacky Roommates Wednesday MKF! 2/26/03
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:43 am 
So I had the most scary experience last night dorming here at college. I ended up hearing my roommate have phone sex with this guy she met from the internet meanwhile she has a boyfriend! I was trying to sleep when the phone rang and woke me. I didn't really make any movement to signal I was awake until all of a sudden my roommate was going at it with herself! I didn't want to make noise and make her uncomfortable knowing I had woken up so basically it was too late. I ended up listening to the entire conversation! Our beds are merely feet apart! Needless to say this little escapade made me think my roommate is a bit...strange for 1. having phone sex with some guy she barely has talked to for two weeks from the internet and 2. she damn well knew I was in the room, why risk me hearing?!

What do you think Willow would say was the wackiest thing her roommate ever did? Have you had any "wacky roommate" stories?

Enjoy hump day Kittens!
:bigkiss
Shelly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:54 am 
I had a roommate who never bathed, washed her clothes or her bed linens. I lived with said roommate for two years. To "disguise" the odor, she would apply copious amounts of Victoria's Secret Pear body lotion and Bath and Body Works Country Apple lotion all over herself. Didn't work. It was disgusting. When my other roommates and I kicked her out, we had to air out our apartment for two weeks. The stench just lingered on the furniture. I have many more stories about her, but I'll refrain from telling them as they are quite horrific. Needless to say, I can't go into Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works without cringing.

As for Willow, I think she'd probably say the wackiest thing her roommate did was use a PC, 'cause we all know she's a MAC girl all the way.

Good day to all!

--Sela

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:32 am 
My college roommates were both mercifully sane people.

The second one (we're still good friends, btw; I was the maid of honor at her wedding) once had her bf from a summer program stay the weekend. He had an unbelievable body odor problem. It wasn't that he didn't shower, he did. He just had this incredibly strong smell of sweat about him, all the time, the poor bugger. My roomie kindly waited until I was gone for my morning classes before getting horizontal with him. Needless to say, by the time they were done, the room reeked to high heaven. I think it surprised them that I came back to the room when I did (I had to drop something off): the bed was a mess, the shades down, etc., but that smell was the dead giveaway, even if the room had been pristine. They were both red in the face when they came back from the shower and found me there... less red than they probably would've been if I hadn't had a few errands to run after my classes. ;)

In grad school, the RA for my apartment block lived right next door to me, and she would engage in very loud, bedspring-squeaking sex practically all night with her boyfriend. It was several months before I actually met the guy, and when I did, I felt like saying, "I feel like I know you... intimately!" :lol

Ah, the joys of communal living.

Firefoot
-----

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:40 am 
I have had soooo many wacky roommates from college. :hmm

One of the best stories though is the night me and my three roomies were out barhopping during homecoming weekend. Two of us had decided to stay at this one bar while the other two opted to go elsewhere. Well, about five minutes after the two left, I see one of them banging on the window trying desparately to get my attention. So, We head on out to find out what the hell the emergency is all about. Apparently, on the walk across the street, my one roomie slipped and fell right outside the fire department. She was laughing crazily and couldn't get up. While she was laughing, she was farting. :shock All the firemen around were laughing hysterically as well as people walking past her. :lol

It was quite a scene picking her up and getting her to the car. Lucky me, I got to carry her up the three flights of stairs and into our apartment. Since she passed out on the way home. :spin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:50 am 
Ah roomates.

My first year of college my roommate (actually a nice guy) was voted the floor's facist war mongering pig. It was fun. He made his girlfriend (more on her later) memorize different jet fighters.

Next year never saw my new roommate. This guy was dating the very same girl as my last roommate. She was also the roommate of my wife (we were not married yet).

Year after that moved in with a new guy. Warned him about the girl from above. He had a nice dorm business, selling a large amount drugs. How much? Well one night I was chilling out on the couch and he comes in all excited, he just ask to supply a certain very popular late 80s metal band when they came to town.

One guy moved in with me when I was in grad school. I was living with my brother and another guy. Everyone in the house but me was named "Brian". Their friends gave our place the nickname "House of Pain". It's what happens when Irish guys move in together and decide we can make our own alcohol. I still have a bottle somewhere.

Was out drinking with my girlfriend and saw this really ugly woman, turned out to be my roommate who was also a cross dresser. Not a big deal, just didn't expect it.

Moved to Chicago moved in with two people (guy and girl) I never met before. The very first day the guy, trying to be nice I am sure, asked if I wanted an egg. I said no, but thanks, then he proceeded to dump a bunch of oil into my tea pot, crack the egg into the hot oil and deep fry the sucker.

Had a few normal ones. But not many.

Warlock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:52 am 
My old roommate Bryan was definitely a piece of work. There was one morning... I was sleeping and I heard the phone ring. It was only 7am. So I answer the phone and I hear this...noise. A very familiar noise. So I'm sitting there trying to figure out if the rhythmic noise is actually what I think it is when I hear Bryans voice on the other end of the line moaning "Oh god Rigo...fuck me!" Needless to say I hung up the phone real quick. Apparently Bryan's cell phone called the last number dialed when bumped, and it got knocked off the windowsill.
Then there was the other time when I went to get into the shower and slipped and fell on the condom that Bryan and Rigo had left there that morning. :puke

*shaking head*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:54 am 
My roommate right now is a sweetie, but sometimes she'll be in the room and just start laughing hysterically at anything... it's a little odd. I'll look at her funny for it, but that'll just make her laugh more... but it's all made up for in the fact that she is a heavy sleeper, so it doesn't bother her that I'm up late every night! --Nora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:59 am 
During my semester abroad, I was assigned to a six-bedroom condo-like unit with 3 guys from Ireland and one from Spain. The last roomie withdrew early in the term due to an illness. The Spanish guy had a temper like you would not believe. Youd know when he was really tense because hed repeatedly throw a racquetball against the very thin wall separating his room from mine. During finals, I was listening to some music when he started pounding on my door, threatening to break my radio (which was on volume level 2 of 25) if I did not turn it off. I opened the door to talk to him and he started screaming at me. He was so out of control. I remember watching his fist slowly rise and hearing the words, Oh my God, hes going to hit me, repeating over and over in my mind. I was so focused on him and he was so lost in his rage that neither of us heard the 3 other guys come downstairs and take up positions right behind him. He scurried back to his room, and the other guys kept a close eye on him for the rest of the semester. It was scary seeing him ready to go cave-man on me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:53 am 
Yikes.

Mine isn't as bad, I live with my best friend from highschool, and we have way too much in common, down to the color toothbrush LOL.

Anyways, the only wacky thing she's doing is going in for medical drug testing to pay rent. Those things always scarred me, and their testing those drugs for a reason LOL. So next week my roomie's personality may change. Who knows.

Another weird thing but I guess not so weird thing, is we came home about the same time the other night, her through the front door with her bf and me through the back. I hear her say hello, and then the doors close. About an hour and a half later they both come out in pajamas with the munchies.

I guess somebody had to get some.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:35 am 
Though you do end up sheltered a bit from the fun side of college life, I am at times glad I lived at home while attending my higher learning.

After reading this tread, I'm glad a bit more. :p

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:13 pm 
Right there with you, Kalita.

I couldn't afford both the tuition and the housing at USC, so I lived at home and commuted. I used to feel bad about not having had the dorm experience.

Until I started reading this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:11 pm 
I was too busy ROTFLMFAO at this thread! I scared the dog! :shock Hopefully I'll be able to stop laughing my ass off to share some truly horrific roomie stories of my own (god knows, I had plenty....I had three college roommates, several post college roommates and people I was just unfortunate enough to be stuck with). You get the picture :lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:18 pm 
*Snort* :rollin

Hee...

Jen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:28 pm 
I'm not (yet atleast) living in a student housing thingy while studying but I had some "wacky" roommate experiences in the army. we had 10 - 12 guys in a room with metal beds that could be stacked together, one table, some benches and a closet for everyone.
One guy had some truly outrageous bowel problems. He farted constantly. His emissions were vile, sorta rotten egg smelling, really made you gag :thud
Thankfully he got transferred to weatherman training soon.

Often wackiness ensued after weekend leaves when guys came back to base still drunk or high. Usually there was some kicking beds, yelling how much they loved/hated everything. Best was a guy who pissed on the floor during the night because he was too drunk to go the bathroom. In the morning he tried to explain that a bottle had leaked in his bag:spin
There was another guy who I sorta bacame friends with (we spent a night in jail together) whose weekend leaves seemed to go something like this: on Friday go home and get drunk, on Saturday wake up in a ditch somewhere and get drunk again, on Sunday wake up in a ditch somewhere, drink some more and head back to base.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:49 pm 
I've had some crazy roommates too. I got rather lucky when I lived in the dorms my freshman year. I was in this tiny triple room, but I got along really well with both my roommates and if anything I was the crazy one.

For a semester, however, I moved in with a friend from my team because it was a descent sized house and the rent was really cheap. That was a big mistake. The guy whose dad owned the house was a total drug addict and he was always playing really loud music and the neighbors called the cops at least once a day. Then my friend who I shared a room with turned out to be completely insane. She refered to herself as "the princess" and called me and my girlfriend her "minions" She would wake me up at 7 am on Saturday mornings by clapping her hands over my face to have me drive her places and was always complaining about one thing or another. I didn't know one person could complain so much. She was very aggressive and kind of scary, so the funny thing was that she was a girl scout troop leader. Poor kids.

Anyway, I didn't live there for too long before moving in with my girlfriend, and I have never been happier or more grateful of my living situation than now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:51 pm 
Well, whilst i have never actually had a room mate as such, during a 3 month stay in hospital i had a roommate who used to squirt my feet every morning, with syringes!!!! (they were food syringes, not needle ones) :eek
Still she was a good laugh, and we had many water fights with these things :lol

So have a good day everyone (although its almost 11:00pm here in the uk and iam watching the rock)

Oh yeah and arsenal have only drawn with ajak. so that makes this manchester united fan a very happy bunny indeed :applause

Caz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:24 pm 
Never had a roommate as such, but I did share a house with three guys in my final year at university. They were okay; I kept out of their way and they, thankfully, kept out of mine. Pity the same couldn't be said of their food. One particular bowl of unfinished chilli ended up walking out of the house in disgust, I think, complete with a full compliment of penicillin growing in it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:36 pm 
[quote:f35526fc34]Quote:
Oh yeah and arsenal have only drawn with ajak. so that makes this manchester united fan a very happy bunny indeed
[/quote:f35526fc34]

Oh crap. :( I was having an excellent night until I heard the score. Everyone in Newcastle is going F**king mental, you would think they had won the bloody thing already.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 5:50 pm 
I've never really had any nutty roomates. Or if they were nutty, they didn't really bother me much. My last semester of undergrad, I lived in a house with three guys. I think we cleaned the bathroom once. :eek But really it wasn't as bad as it might sound. The guy who lived in the room next to mine had really loud sex a lot. I could hear their vocalizations, and the guy whose room was under his could hear the banging of the bed on the floor. We both thought it was funny. When he and his girlfriend found out that we were able hear them though, they were so embarassed. Which was funny because we didn't care, everyone has sex.

I don't have a roomate now, but I probably will next semester. Maybe then I'll have some nutty roomate stories.

'Course, it could always be that I'm the nutty one!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:02 pm 
There's so many to choose from. But I have to go with my first year of university, living in a co-op co-ed dorm. If you were lucky you were in a two-person unit, usually reserved for seniors. Or a four person, two single rooms and a double room sharing two bathrooms, but only one with a tub/shower and a single kitchen. But if you were really unlucky, or late in applying (:wave ) or just a freak who liked to suffer, you could be in a 12 person. They had 2 double rooms, eight singles, a big kitchen and four baths, two with tub/shower and were clearly designed by a :devilish person or perhaps even the devil himself.

There were several normal seeming people in our group, and on a good day I would include myself among them. There was also a girl who only lasted two months because she contracted some strange infection in her mouth that rumor had it you could only get by licking toilets, a guy who owned and regularly filled the single largest pot smoking device I've ever seen and who kept his metal smoking pipes in the freezer so that the smoke would go down into your lungs easier, and a guy who got so frustated with his girlfriend one day that he picked up the phone in the kitchen/lounge after talking to her and threw it at the wall so hard that it actually went though the drywall and made a nice big hole. And destroyed our phone. (Which he replaced btw, and also repaired the wall, he was actually a pretty decent guy.) Somehow I survived a term with them, and them with me, until I could switch to a four person. Where I met one of my best friends to this day. So it's not all bad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:05 am 
Before I start my long story... I've gotta apologize to the Christians on the board because my seriously screw-loose ex-roomate was a Christian... more over a fanatic.

My first semester staying away from home, my parents rented a double room for me and this high school mate's parents talked to my parents about allowing their daughter to share a room with me. Technically, I rented out half of my room to her. Things started out pretty okay until a couple of weeks later. My room was infested with her.

She shopped nonstop for clothes... eventually the only wall in the room that wasn't covered by her clothes... were the windows. Even the double decker bed railing were filled with her clothes. (She imitates the way Japanese girls dress which is totally inappropriate in tropical climates) I live in a very humid country. A room that transformed into her closet became almost suffocating. I kept quiet and let her do that... even when we only had a table fan to share in the room and she's adjust the fan to face the top bunker where she sleeps and locks the position while I'm at the bottom bunker sweating like nobody's business. :spin

In about a month, I realised that she's a fanatic. Fanatic Christian and Japan Culture Worshipper. Being a concern friend, walking back from college along a highway that was being built at night was very dangerous, my other roomates and I told her that she should spent money on public tranportation back to the apartment instead of walking back. She turned around and told us that she believed that her god would protect her. Then we asked her if she got kidnapped, what would happen? She said that the kidnappers would not hurt her because her god would protect her. Again, everyone kept quiet. :spin Then came a time where we got into an argument, I'm a freethinker and the rest of my friends Buddhists, she told us that we would all burn in hell because we weren't Christians and because the argument was that new age music was satanic. :rage (She sleeps hugging her bible:rolleyes and everything is about her god and religion)

Then it was music. I had a CD player in the room. I told her she was free to use the player. She played Gospel and J-Pop ALL DAY LONG. When I wanted to play my music, I was told to plug in my head phones because she didn't like the music I listened to. :happy (as if I liked her music) Same went with my personal TV set. While me and my housemates watched a movie on the VCR, she wanted to watch Sailormoon on TV. 6 of us gave in to her and we left the apartment.

The final straw was when I totally lost my patience at the end of that semester. I decided that I couldn't share a room with her anymore. I told her that I wanted my privacy. She cried to my other roomates and they sympathised with her a bit. She bunked in with them after that. She didn't want to talk to me about it civilly. She told her parents untruths about my reasons why I wanted her out of my room. Her parents called up my parents at 1am, cursed and swore at them. They were caught off guard and was very shocked... because they couldn't believe these people who claimed that they were strong believers in their religion. My parents were cursed to hell by them. They called me a few minutes after. I was so hurt by that and the next day, my roomates booted her out citing that the landlord discovered that there was an illegal occupant in the apartment. :clap

After this one try at sharing a room with someone. I rented single or double rooms by myself. I refused to share. :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 5:44 am 
Hi

The real problem with japanese pop music is that either you can stand it, either you can't. Being myself quite an addict of the stuff, I however try not to annoy poeple with it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:44 am 
[quote:5433bf35ba]Quote:
Being myself quite an addict of the stuff, I however try not to annoy poeple with it.
[/quote:5433bf35ba]

That's just it, Ciler! Y'see... I do listen to some Japanese music, Korean and Thai even... but thing with this woman was that she was inconsiderate. She goes down to fully annoying the whole house and we aren't allowed to play our favourites because our taste in music was "satanic"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 9:36 am 
I've had a lot of flat mates. Most of them could be classified as wacky on a good day. In the interest of brevity here's one tale:

I was 18 and living in a flat with two male flat mates. I woke up and, having the place to myself, took a long shower. On my way back to my room I heard this plaintive female voice saying "Bronwyn? Is that you? Can you help me?" I walked towards the one guy's room and tapped on the door. My roomie's girlfriend Cathy answers telling me to come in and asking if I could help her. I opened the door and there she is half naked on the bed and hand-cuffed to the bed (this sounds like it should carry a rating of sorts!). It turns out my flat mate had set up for some early morning nookie, cuffed the poor girl to the bed and then taken off for school! With the keys! What an a**hole!!!!!
Poor Cathy was mortified and kinda shaken. Since I'd slept late she didn't even know anyone was home until she'd heard the shower.

I rescued the damsel by picking the lock. We then had coffee and chatted most of the day. Can you believe that after that she still stayed with the guy???
xo,
Bronwyn