The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Happy Mardi Gras weekend MKF 03/01/03
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:09 pm 
Just wanting to wish all those Australian kitties (and all the other kitties in the rest of the world)

Happy Mardi Gras!!!!

:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 9:24 am 
Let me get this right, in Australia you get Mardi Gras, :party
Rio the carnival :party and here in the UK, we get Pancake Tuesday. :(

Who wants to go to a big street party, get drunk and have a blast when you can toss a pancake and get it stuck to the kitchen ceiling. Not me. Ahem, :smash

I hope you all have a wonderful time, I'm not jealous, honest! :rolleyes

Well I'm off to go and lose my wages down the dog track. Happy weekend all!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 3:04 pm 
In, let's see, ninth grade. I took a "world health" class taught by the nice dykey gym teacher who couldn't teach health class to save her life. But she tried, and attempted to find something interesting about every continent.

Her information about Australia was "and they have a big gay mardi gras party where people get naked and dance in the street."

She was an interesting lady.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:08 pm 
That's really funny - such a large continent and that was what she remembered about it. hehe

Reading that reminds me of Bill Bryson's Australian book "In a Sunburned Country." God, that's a funny book. For some reason the one part that sticks in my head is the story about the world's largest earthworms - the ones you can hear in the ground. No worm should be so big that you can actually hear it. :)

Another favorite Bryson book was "A Walk in the Woods." That book should be required reading if you've ever thought about hiking the Appalachian Trail. I love his hiking buddy Katz - the one with a passion for Little Debbie snack cakes. It's like Homer Simpson on the Appalachian Trail.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:38 pm 
Originially posted by Redhead 2006

wear black finger nail polish ??? I'm bored and that's the first question that popped into my head while painting my nails :grin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 8:34 pm 
[b:231d5c65e5]Originally posted by RealLiveTara[/b:231d5c65e5]

Hey, all. Came across an amusing tidbit while catching up on the week's newspapers today-

Last Tuesday, the newspaper for a fairly major Ohio city had listed under 'Today's Birthdays' (and I quote) Actress Alexis Denisof is 37 (unquote). And I'm thinking, who knew? Maybe there's hope for us after all! I mean, if Alexis is a woman, and he (she?) is engaged to Aly, who is definately a woman, then what does that make Aly, hmm?[img:231d5c65e5]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/eyebrow.gif[/img:231d5c65e5] Think about it.

I thought I ought to inform you all, so you could join in the celebration (ok, not all, but more of us are lesbians than not, I think, and hey, where else can you say that?!? A big woo-hoo for Kittenhood![img:231d5c65e5]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/party.gif[/img:231d5c65e5][img:231d5c65e5]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/party.gif[/img:231d5c65e5][img:231d5c65e5]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/clap.gif[/img:231d5c65e5][img:231d5c65e5]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/clap.gif[/img:231d5c65e5][img:231d5c65e5]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/clap.gif[/img:231d5c65e5] )

Who knew so many lives could be brightened just by one little typo (or is it?[img:231d5c65e5]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/hmm.gif[/img:231d5c65e5] ) [img:231d5c65e5]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img:231d5c65e5]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:20 am 
I'm all about black fingernail polish. It looks pretty in contast with light skin, also doing Nice Lesbian Things.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:53 am 
Happy Mardi Gras

So when are we going to enter a Kitten float? Wouldn't it be a great idea? I could see it now we could do a huge head and an even bigger nose for Joss (with a sign saying 'I sold out for the lesbian cliche' or something better than that). We could have a larger than life Willow and Tara on the top of the float and the rest of the kittens following behind in Miss Kitty outfits.

So what do you all think? A 2005 gathering in Sydney :party

Nan :)

edited 'cause: OMG I ramble.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:08 am 
Oh my god, did I miss Pancake Tuesday??? No, say it isn't so. My mum makes the best pancakes in the world; it's official. Another good reason to live in England. Heh. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:36 am 
Ruth, you haven't missed it, pancake day is this Tuesday 4th March. :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:01 am 
Oh thank god for that. Perhaps I need a new pancake-type avatar. Ahem. *smiles fondly at Zoe*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:06 am 
I would just like to say a big congratulations to Liverpool for their outstanding performance in the Worthington cup. Poor Man Utd, looks like no Sliverware for you this season.

Ruth, a pancake avatar..........

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:15 am 
hmmmm pancakes :drool

Happy mardi gras everyone

By the way, manchester united are still in the champions league, so that silver could still have our name on it.

Caz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 9:29 am 
Happy Mardi Gras!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:29 am 
sprhrgrl yes black nail polish do look good on light skin *looks at hand* :grin when I was in Jr. High many kids at my school sometimes say I do voodoo or something:spin now that I'm in high school, they don't say anything :fallen hehe I love that smilie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:50 am 
Since I think the Germans celebrate Mardi Gras as Fasching or Fastnacht, I was going to wish the German Kitties, a happy Mardi Gras.....but I'm sure they're all out partying the weekend away. *sigh* Oh to be young and wild again.

Cheers!
Toni

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:39 pm 
Ummm...could someone explain Pancake Tuesday for me? :confused

I would love to go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans sometime...flash my boobs and whatever...hee hee...my mom could see me on one of those Girls Gone Wild commercials. :p

Sydney 2005 for a kitten float? That could be fun! :wink

Hmm...good times to be had..:blush

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:09 pm 
SLAYER SYDNEY- Iam ashamed to say that i have no idea, its some religious thing i think, and i should know cos i went to a christian school, but i never listened, :hmm

Edited to add - Slayer sydney, your sig - why were you sniffing your girlfriends forehead, iam so :joss nosey

Caz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:37 pm 
Slayer Sydney

Pancake Tuesday is celebrated the day before the beginning of Lent. Traditionally fat and flour was used up before the fasting of Lent began and pancakes were the best way to do this.

Mardi Gras was tame this year by comparision to others, crowd numbers were down, but the party after was a sell out!!! I'm only just starting to feel normal...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:37 pm 
Happy Mardi Gras Kittens!

I just came down from my home town of New Orleans, LA and it was WILD (as usual), but I'm kinda used to MG now so it's no big deal to me. But my gf is from Ohio so I take her so we can watch the craziness. No flashing boobies for us tho. We got FREE beads. Though I saw a lot of girls flashing various body parts, I'll probably see someone I know on one of those "Girls Gone Wild" videos. :rollin I don't get all that wild myself, I just go to watch the drunks act like jackasses and the pretty decorated floats. Get me some beads and cups and then go home. :lol It's nice to see, but after living there and going every year. Blah But now I live in Atlanta and we go every 2 or 3 years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:47 pm 
New Orleans is *crazy*. I was down there once and ran across a St. Patricks/St. Josephs day parade. It was just there, we were tying to drive from pt. a to pt. b. . . So we stopped, and it was like "wow, they just like having parades a lot. . ."

It's amusing to me how they sell beads in stores for so much money, for the tourists.

Also amusing that Mardi Gras is theoretically a Catholic holiday. HA!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:44 pm 
atse28: Thanks for the explanation!!! I suppose I could have wandered around the internet for an answer, but I was too lazy. ;)

hellmouthhottie20: As for the sniffing, I was just being silly while we were cuddling. And I actually thought I was being kinda cute. :bounce I can be a bit of a goof sometimes. :p After she said it to me, I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee. That's when I realized just how silly I was acting. Then, I thought, what a cute sig. So, there is the explanation. Nothing too exciting. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:52 pm 
Pancakes pancakes, tra la la...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 3:32 pm 
aiee! pancake av! it's a[i:2358e19947]dor[/i:2358e19947]able!

(pancakes could go in bellies)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:40 am 
HI:wave

Well Mardi Gras would be fun. :bounce
But not our german "Fasching" :smash
Every year the same. And I dont like it really much. A hole week just smiling and drunk people. :rolleyes

You know I would prefer the pancake Tuesday :grin
Jummy! So get me the pancakes :p

Cu
SoL/Natti

Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut, das Wesentliche ist fr die Augen unsichtbar - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:46 am 
[quote:628c8ec550]Quote:
A hole week just smiling and drunk people
[/quote:628c8ec550]

Whats not to like? Smiling drunk women are my favourites :whistle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:04 pm 
Slayer sydney - still a cool sig though :)

Caz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 12:09 pm 
HI Zippy:wave

[quote:3f846c66da]Quote:
Whats not to like? Smiling drunk women are my favourites
[/quote:3f846c66da]

Aha so you like them:hmm Okay some are really nice but you know they even do a lot of bullshit and not just the women.

I like it, when you could talk to the people and mostly you cant at that days:grin

You even could say to "Fasching" the big BANG-PARADE!!!
Because you get a bang at every corner!

But I think the "Fasching" has even his great sides but Im happy when its over.

CU:wave
SoL/Natti

Man sieht nur mit dem Herzen gut, das Wesentliche ist fr die Augen unsichtbar - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 3:10 pm 
Tommo- your avatar is a riot!!!! lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol