The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Pancake Tuesday MKF 03/04/03
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:58 am 
So cute. My girl came home yesterday (it's wednesday here now) and announced it was pancake day! We don't really celebrate it here, so I wouldn't have know about it, but I had checked out this thread so I had all the information. She was a little dissappointed that she wasn't telling me anything new.
Then, natually she tried to get me to make some. Pancakes are like our little treat, something I introduced her to when we first dated. We have them with suger and lemon.
I use to make them with my mum when we wanted a midnight snack, when we were having movie nights. Now I just make them for breakfast when we feel like something special.
Needless to say, we didn't have them for dinner last night. Maybe that will be breakfast on the weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:19 am 
I've got a question. Not what to put on pancakes, it's much more basic than that.

How do you make them?

If you read the 'Happy' thread, you'll have seen I was happy the other day coz I cooked bangers'n'mash (yay me!!). My mum's broken a metatarsal in her foot so I'm cooking for a change. I did fish pie on Thursday, that tasted really good, but I promised Mum I'd try pancakes today. I wanted to psych myself up to make them so I needed the whole day ;)

Any suggestions?

Clueless Feena
-x-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:30 am 
Feena,

Try this site here for recipes, it gives you the basic mix plus filling ideas Pancakes

My other advise is make the batter as early as possible and leave it to rest, a couple of hours is long enough. It's also best not to attempt to flip them whilst pissed :lol Not that I would do that, 36 days to go.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:33 am 
I only make them one day a year (it's like a law or something), but the recipe on this page sounds about right:
www.bbc.co.uk/tees/featur...cipe.shtml

Also, you should note that these are different (ie nicer) then American pancakes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:33 am 
Dammit, the Gooner beat me to it :)

Have lots of flippy fun, Feena!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:38 am 
Thanks guys, I'll let you know how I get on :D

And good luck for this afternoon Zippy. I'm sure you'll beat Chelsea :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:39 am 
Em,

you better not have jinxed me! You cheer Villa on they get knocked out, you cheer for Farnborough they get knocked out. I can see a pattern, I am stressed enough about this already :paranoid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:56 am 
Sorry hun. I'll cheer for Chelsea if that helps? :)

Yay Chelsea! :party :clap :party

Feena
-x-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:25 am 
[quote:a57292a532]Quote:
I can see a pattern
[/quote:a57292a532]

Guess it wouldn't help to tell you that my local non-league side, Nuneaton Borough, are hovering over the trapdoor of relegation then, huh Zoe?

Come on you Blues!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:37 am 
That just isn't funny.

ETA - Feena, sorry that was a comment directed at the football jinx that is Borednow, your support is greatly appreciated :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:00 am 
It wasn't supposed to be. I was just trying to make you feel better, & say sorry if you think I jinxed you.

Feena
-x-

It's okay Zippy :)

I've made my batter & it's sitting under a teatowel to breathe (if that's why it stands?). I'm going to go & cook it now, so wish me luck :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:38 am 
[quote:a5af56830b]Quote:
Guess it wouldn't help to tell you that my local non-league side, Nuneaton Borough, are hovering over the trapdoor of relegation then
[/quote:a5af56830b]

At last, someone mentions a team that are actually below my beloved Woking in the league. Thanks Emma

PS 2-2 draw for the Gooners, so not too badly jinxed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:44 am 
You're more than welcome, anytime :)

If the Arse's success or failure was dependent on my jinx-y powers then me pretending to support Chelsea but really supporting the Gooners probably resulted in the 2-2 draw.

Sorry Zoe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:49 am 
Woking. Hee. Bless ya.

Macclesfield Town at least drew today. Silkmen. Sigh.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:55 am 
I HATE PANCAKES WITH THE FIERY PASSION OF A ZILLION FIERY SUNS!!!!!!

And who said they were supposed to be flat & round anyway? :miff

Well the ones I made were sort of clumped together :( , them me & Mum had a row because apparently I ruined her precious pancake only-to-be-used-once-a-year pan when I cooked the sausages in it last week. We made it up though so that's okay :D She did agree she hadn't actually told me that was her pancake only-to-be-used-once-a-year pan.

Mum finished off making them, so we did have some proper ones ;) and I've promised to buy a new pan & try again :)

Feena
-x-

That's true, hey I made Tara-pancakes!!! That makes me feel much better :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:04 pm 
Well, funny shapes were good enough for Tara, so I think you should be congratulating yourself :grin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:25 pm 
[quote:885d5fc303]Quote:
Well the ones I made were sort of clumped together
[/quote:885d5fc303]

These sound like the one's I made whilst pissed at 1am on monday night. :lol I did mention the not drinking before making them didn't I?

A draw is not a good result, we should have bloody well won, now we have a sodding replay at Stamford bridge on the 25th.