The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's "Superhero" Monday, MKF 3/10/03
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:07 am 
If you had to choose a superhero power, what would it be? Would you be a vampire slayer, a witch, or even a vampire or demon? Could you fly, see people's dreams, heal with a touch, speak with the dead, read people's thoughts or emotions, or move things with your own mind? Don't restrict yourself to Buffy. There are a lot of neat ideas out there in fiction of all types. What would you do with it?

What do you think Willow and Tara would choose? I think Willow's wanted to be a vampire slayer in the past, but she's pretty happy as a witch. Tara would probably want something she could use to help others like healing. As we know, Willow and Tara are big on the saving the world thing with their powers, but what would they do with them outside of that if they had time and energy to spare?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:11 am 
"what would they do with them outside of that if they had time and energy to spare?"

They would sing dance and make fancy fairy lights and hoover above the bed I guess. Have you not seen Once more with feelings ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:13 am 
x-ray vision :) so i could see um, bad ppl hiding!, definately not to be used in the changing rooms at the lingerie store Amber Benson shops at! :devilish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 6:46 am 
I want a superpower that could let me fly somehow. Maybe a bi-product of another superpower. Like Storm or Magneto or Banshee in X-men. Telekinesis would also be fun. Never have to get up to close a door that has been left open again! Or to get a remote control that is too far away! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:44 am 
It's about power...so I would have to say that if I could I'd be the first in line to be a slayer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:48 am 
I'd love to have Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso. I could find out the truth when I needed to. Although in some instances, xray vision would be cool. And definetly during rush hour traffic, flying would be a big help. Oh hell, I can't decide so I'll just stick with plain old me.
Have a good day kittens.

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:00 am 
ALL of the above:p I'd like to fly but I'd like to have magic powers too.. And X-Rays, and the power to read mind.. :D

I guess Tara would like to have healing power, you're right.. And Willow? mMMmmm.. dunno!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:03 am 
Rather than having a superhero power I think I would just like to be Danger Mouse. Then I could live in a big red pillar box, drive a sporty little car that flys and have a sidekick called Penfold, who could be the brunt of all of my jokes.:)

I am in a very weird mood today, maybe it was the 5 hour drive back from Aberdeen, mmmm. :\

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:11 am 
Maybe I could be Super Ted. I'm cuddly and want to save the world.

Oh wait. Scratch that. I'd be the gay skeleton. So camp. So good. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:21 am 
[quote:184f854ad4]Quote:
I'd be the gay skeleton. So camp. So good.
[/quote:184f854ad4]

What the one that hung round with Texas Pete?

Spotty was quite camp to wasn't he, the thing that hung round with Superted. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:35 am 
That's what you get for employing Jon Pertwee and Melvyn Hayes...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:54 am 
I'd love to have astro's boots!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:05 am 
Aiee, Danger Mouse. . .

Being, indeed, SuperheroGrrl, I have lotses of powers including. . .

Umm. . .

Crazy seduction skills, and kissing skills, and the ability to, um, not go insane through a crazy long distance relationship, and, um, to save the world from scary bigots.

Also to write mean html, and to, um. . . Dance like a crazy thing. Yes.

I wish I could teleport to wherever I wanted, too, though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:14 am 
Thinking of this in a fun way, I think it would be fun to like be a witch and be able to cast spells or to like be able to become invisible for a while. But then thinking about it seriously, I wouldn't actually want to have those powers. I don't think I'd really want the responsibility that comes with superpowers. I mean, you have to decide what's good for people in general and try to act on behalf of that and not mess things up just because you want to have fun. Which I guess is kind of the whole thing with W/T with witchcraft, too. They want to use magic to help, but it's something that can't be taken too lightly. But, on a lighter note, it would be a lot of fun to like be invisible for a day and like say, go up to Joss with a picture of W/T and make him think he's being haunted because he messed up such a beautiful thing. And he could like wet himself or something. :whistle Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their Monday!
Always,
Kristin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:17 am 
Superpowers were always a fantasy I had growing up. X-men, Gargoyles, Exosquad, I was a cartoon freak!

My favorite super hero was Rogue, well the super strength and the flying part at least. I wouldn't want to not be able to touch people, though. Then a mix with Jean's Telekinesis and Tara magic. The perfect super hero! :glasses

I think that Willow and Tara were happy with their powers, minus Dark Willow. I think in addition to their powers I'd give Willow super strength and Tara the power of flight. And both a kick ass outfit, maybe leather of some sorts.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:18 am 
I would choose to be able to heal with a touch. I love the stories and the movies that use that particular element. Just think about it. You could do so many good things with that power. :)

Jen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:33 am 
The interesting thing about w/t's powers is that they, if they studied enough, would be able to do pretty much anything. . . So this discussion would be nearly irrelevant. But it seems like we've seen a trend where if they get a good power, hoopla, whatever, it'd always be temporary. So it'd be neat to be able to conjure a power for yourself and be able to retain that power without too much exertion. Ya know?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:19 am 
Superhero are always tormented because they have the weight of the world on their shoulders..

But if we forget about it, it'd be great to teleport like sprhrgrl said earlier. Wouldn't it be great to be anywhere in a second..!

Also I often would like to be able to stop the time so then I could do all the boring stuff I have to and then enjoy my free time with people I like.

Being a powerful witch would probably be cool too!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:31 am 
First of all - Waah Zippy, i Love your Avatar ;)

second of all - i don't know what superhero i would be, i would like to fly, that would be cool. Hopefully i'll have an intrenal radar so that i can know the air traffic status - i mean, i suffer enough with london underground and road traffic, i don't want to get caught up in Air delays! lol Or acidentally fly into the path of an oncomming amature hang glider (or maybe a jumbo jet might be worse!?)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:32 am 
oh yeah that'll be great.. teleport
I would've seen Chance a LONG time ago! :\

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:10 am 
So I'm all crazy and have actually spent quite a bit of time thinking about what powers I would want. No x-ray vision, or flying, or telekenesis for me. I would want to be able to read peoples minds, but at my own choice, not like the scary episode on Buffy. If that wasn't an option, being able to teleport would actually be kinda nifty. ^_^

I definatly see Tara wanting the ability to heal other, but never with tons and tons of power. I readd an amazing fic where Tara had the powers of the Imbolc mage, and yeah....bad. She is much more of the heal type sort.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:37 am 
Stopping time. Definitely.

I would pay sooooooo much money to be able to stop time whenever I wanted. Mostly because my master's thesis is due on April 1st, and I'm going to have to work non-stop for the next three weeks to get it done, which I can't possibly do because I have the attention span of a toddler with ADD. So yeah, it would be nice to have some free time in between all the work.

Plus I have been known to sleep for 14 hours at a time. :wink And if time was stopped, I wouldn't miss anything and could lounge in bed for as long as I wanted. Yep, this is most certainly my dream superpower.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:03 pm 
Hello Kittens-

Every time I think of a superpower I get a 'Twilight Zone' like flash of what it would mean. I think the ability to heal people, or at least take away their pain, would be the most tempting for me followed by the ability to go back in time, grab people by the collar and show them mentally what the results of their STUPID decisions would be.

Either that or the ability to find a parking place whenever I wanted one. :)

Jixer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:25 pm 
Well, for real? Healing power. Just to make me feel all happy and cool, with the healping people and whatnot.

But for fun? Well, I've always had this fixation about Captain America's shield...I'm not exactly sure why though.
I'll probably go for Hellboy's ma-hoo-ssive rock arm though. That's just cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:43 pm 
Since I am a geeky roleplayer, I have actually been asked this question recently by one of my gamemasters for character creation. I will stand by what I told him: Reality Alteration: the ability to manipulate reality around you (to a wide radius) into whatever you desire to be would be a very powerful and neat power; that can be expressed as a mega-powerful magician/sorceror like Dr. Strange. As someone mentioned above the power to cast spells and manipulate the world can have unlimited potential, depending on what limits exist on the type of magic you know or are using. W/T seemed limited in no healing and such, and I think if anything either or both would have liked to have been able to heal injuries at least, magical or otherwise. That would allow them to keep Buffy, Xander or the others a lot safer. Willow and Tara do already have superpowers, that's just the aspect they're missing.

I also have a fondness for temporal fugue, the ability to go back in time and alter what has happened, be it a few seconds or minutes ago (you attack me but I go back in time 10 seconds and hit you on the back of the head just as you are about to attack me...read Creatures of Light and Darkness by Roger Zelazny for a great example of this) or to go further back in the past and make larger changes. The first part makes paradox a bit harder, while the second leads to lots of nastier questions (like what happens if I kill my grandfather?) but would still be an interesting power and from a historians viewpoint very interesting.

As I said, gaming geek response, much overthought.

Garner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:33 pm 
Teleportation seems to be a favorite here. It's one of mine too, especially as instantaneous travel violates the speed of light and hence gives you time travel as well, another favorite. I like how Stephen Gould deals with teleportation in [i:4e8df3d12f]Jumper[/i:4e8df3d12f]. What would I do with it myself? Well, I'd have breakfast in Paris, have lunch at a chana stand in India, and then off to Rome for supper, have really fun weekends all over the world, and that's not even thinking of the serious stuff.

Healing would be great as well. There's so much you could do with that, but you'd also be in near infinite demand if you're powerful enough which could be bad as there's too many out there to help them all.

Garner, Zelazny has great ideas on powers. I'd like Sam's power from [i:4e8df3d12f]Lord of Light[/i:4e8df3d12f]. He calls it electrodirection, but he seems to have control over gravity as well since he can fly and perhaps the other two forces too. Anyway, much nicer than Gwen's power on Angel with the not touching problem there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:47 pm 
Ruth, it's people like you that know and love the SuperTed that make me feel good about spending a dollar to buy the SuperTed VHS tapes when our video store went under.

I'm wondering how much I can get on eBay from some Jon Pertwee junkie for that thing... but I really do love that theme song. SuuuperTed... superted.

Superhero power? Mindreading. At will.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:08 pm 
bowieinberlin, what's the pic in your avatar? I don't remember seing it anywhere :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:47 pm 
Domaris,
The photos were taken at Sidewalk for the interview I did with Amber there. Of course, I didn't do the magic, my excellent photographer Katie took care of bidness. We've got some excellent photos, and some really bizarre ones of Amber. Maybe I should post them one of these days. Hmmm. :hmm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:52 pm 
YES! You should post them sometime! :grin

Jen