The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's "Superhero" Monday, MKF 3/10/03
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:01 pm 
POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST :D

She looks gorgious on your avatar :drool :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:18 pm 
In honor of the birth of Canada's favorite son, Brian, I shall post a silly photo from Sidewalk. Sorry if it comes out looking lo-fi.

Please, do not post this anywhere else

[img:1dee434684]http://www.auburn.edu/~tidwesl/pirate.jpg[/img:1dee434684]

Happy Berfday Brian!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:21 pm 
Ooh, thanks for posting that picture Sally. It's so good, ehe.

And Happy Birthday Brian!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 4:31 pm 
OOOOoh nice picture :D I like the ways she dress... :drool

if you have others, maybe you can post them on the Amber's picture thread :)
Oh and happy birthday brian, even though I dunno who you are.. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:14 pm 
oh that's a great picture , hee. Funny!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:17 pm 
Happy Birthday, Brian!!!!!

Thanks for that pic, BIB. Hee... kinda leaves little to the imagination. :grin Ooops, did I say that outloud?? :evil

And I'll agree with, Domaris... I love the way Amber dresses. :drool

Jen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:29 pm 
Could've drop a glass of water before taking the picture..

--------------

Okay, there's a demon making me write things like that!!!!!!!

Or maybe it's Jenn's avatar! Okay, it's your fault Jenn!:p kidding :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:37 pm 
Happy Birthday, Brian. Thats a very nice candid photo you received as a gift too!

As far as super-powers go, ever since I read A Wrinkle in Time Ive wanted to be able to tesser because I found that to be a fascinating concept. I wouldnt mind being able to become invisible on command either, although I may not be too pleased with the things I might discover under those circumstances.

I think Willow and Tara already have all the powers they could want (such as the power to make each other happy).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:43 pm 
Piccie's not working for me. Is it my frelling dialup, or is anyone else having that problem?

I cogitated on the nature of superpowers once; I determined that only 2 powers would be required to do almost anything: 1. Telekinesis and 2. The ability to percieve objects at any detail, down to the sub-sub-atomic.

Cold fusion? check. Instant healing? check. Teleportation? check.

Darn cool, though it seems I sometimes think about things too closely... :paranoid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:04 pm 
Bugger. Time zone time zone. Bah.

I'm late with this. Happy Birthday Trevor. Oh, and um, that guy who's attached to you. Ahem.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:32 pm 
[quote:86ce19aeef]Quote:
Okay, there's a demon making me write things like that!!!!!!!

Or maybe it's Jenn's avatar! Okay, it's your fault Jenn! :p kidding :)
[/quote:86ce19aeef]

Oooh... it's my fault!! :evil YES it's my fault. I agree with that for once, cause I liked what you said. :jho

Jen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:34 pm 
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys and thanks for the great pic Sally ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:37 pm 
You're welcome!!! :kiss

Jen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:02 am 
Day late. Gee, I think if I could have any super power, I'd be a healer.

ETA - where's the rest of my post??? Ghosts in the machine on E-zboard this week, for sure.

The rest of the wanting to be a healer is ... 'cause, good little sapphic sister that I am, I'd get to use my hands - a lot!!:rofl

Cheers!!
Patches

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:04 am 
Jenn, well, I'm sure I'm not the only one who tought about it.. I'm just the only one too crazy to write it on the board :| :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:06 am 
:evil

Jen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:21 am 
I missed the birthday of my boys?!

A very merry and belated happy birthday to Brian and Trevor. May you ever hold your head up high. :tear

:kiss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:47 am 
Damn ezboard ate my post. *grumble*

Happy belated Birthday Trevor. Oh, and Brian. :bigkiss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:41 am 
Kalita, interesting thoughts and you're right, micro-telekinesis would let you do almost anything if you're smart enough to figure out how to put someone or something back together as the atomic level. Since I'm not, I'd add some sort of superintelligence to the list of powers so you could do anything.

Oh, and a belated happy birthday to Brian.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:19 pm 
Actually super-intelligence would be both an interesting and a cursed superpower. With Super intelligence you could quickly learn and master new things, develop just about anything, there would be little limits to what you might do eventually. The exploration of the universal laws and foundations would be awesome. On the other hand I think you would end up pretty lonely. There seems to be a lot of truth to the ignorance is bliss cliche.

Being able to examine things a micro level would be cool as long as you had the control to affect things at that level too.

Garner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:54 pm 
It's not that you would be lonely.. But you would be REALLY bored. I like to think that the two points of living is to find knowledge and love. If you have all the knowledge you want, what's the point in living? You can't really change or grow, and nothing's really interesting cause you always know everything..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:49 pm 
It has to be Green Lantern's power ring.
Or even better, the Golden Age Green Lantern, Alan Scott, newly reborn as Sentinel.
He has internalized the power of the Starheart so he no longer needs the power ring to wiled the magic of the green flame.
He is only limited by his imagination.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:45 am 
Garner, very good point. Superpowers do separate one from one's fellows, and intelligence is not only likely to do so moreso than other powers, but it's also a trait with which we already have experience. One of the things I like about Pens is how intelligent the posters are, reversing that common problem.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:43 pm 
darkmagicwillow, not to be too sycophanty, but I do agree with you that the intelligence of most of the people here is much higher than a lot of the other boards I have very briefly looked at. The talent on the Pens is something that Mutant Enema should be very jealous of. If we as kittens had been responsible for season sux it wouldn't have suxed and season severed wouldn't have been necessary as it is.

Another interesting power from Longshot and Ringworld is to be lucky. You don't have to do anything, but are so lucky that the right thing just sort of happens for you. That would be kinda neat. You'd really get what you needed.

Garner

Let me edit this and add that in real life I think the power of photographic memory or being able to read at a very fast rate would be awesomely useful.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:35 pm 
One word. IMMORTALITY! I mean, what's the point of having all those super powers when none of them can harm you? It's EXTREMELY convenient and VERY FRUSTRATING for any of those arch-nemesises you might have...

Either that or Lain's power (from Serial Experiments Lain, for all you anime fans!) The ability to delete people's memories and rewrite them in anyway you choose, freedom from a physical body, immortality, being able to walk from one world to the next, and best of all...being God of the Internet! :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:41 pm 
Garner... I definitely agree with you about Longshot's luck powers. Very good thing to have in this lifetime for me..

But for superpowers i would like to have... it's not limited to one. I'd want a combination of teleportation (from one place to another or from one timeline to another) and linguistics. :grin Cos I wouldn't need to worry about how much i have to spend on plane tickets and stuff when I wanna visit friends and my gf. And if I can't teleport to the right spot (that would probably happen a lot cos I'm such a scatter brain) I'd know what language to speak and find my way back :lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:54 am 
Shinnen you got one that I totally forgot and which I definitely would like: the power to speak, read and understand any language. That might include computer programming languages too. There was even a New Mutant in the 80s that had this power (Cipher?) and for a comic it was useless, but in everyday life would be very useful.

Teleportation is also a great power, sure would save on time and money, what with gas prices so outrageous. :)

Garner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:32 pm 
Garner, true, cypher seemed useless then, but when he returned much later in Excalibur as a combination of Cypher and Warlock (i think, I'm kinda out of touch now) he was powerful! And yeah... gas prices just went up by two cents here. I really can't afford to drive around too often now :rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:48 am 
I would love to be able to fight like Xena--you know, that wicked combination of martial arts and acrobatic skills. :grin

I also wouldn't have minded finding out I was a witch on my 11th birthday, a la the Harry Potter characters.

I like the notion of powers that take time and discipline to acquire. Hopefully, this will give the user some respect for what he or she can do.

Firefoot
-----