The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's "my best friend" Thursday MKF! 3/13/0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:41 am 
Hmmm. this I find a tricky question. I've never really had a 'best friend' as I've always surrounded myself with a bunch of close people whom I love dearly. They're all hugely different, from differing circles and some totally unlike me. But each offer qualities that I admire and love so much. I'm not close to my family but these people I would do anything for.

Oh and mandy, I love you with all my heart but now I know you're crazy ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:52 am 
I met my best friend, Kristi, in seventh grade. So...we've been friends for eight years now. When I take the time to reflect on the blessings in my life she's one of them. What I treasure is that she doesn't have to tell me she cares or that she loves me because I know. The knowing in and of itself is completely priceless. And I only hope that I can live up to the example she has set for what it is to be a friend.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:17 am 
I have known my bestfriend since kindergarten and we have always been close and together alot. But lately it's like we are drifting apart. We are only living 100 meters from each other, but still we are never together anymore. It really hurts me, coz I love her with all my heart.
Then a few days ago something terrible happened to me, and she just wasn't there for me. If it had been the other way, then I would have run over to her house, even if it was 3 in the night, but she would rather go to a party...
I haven't told her how hurt I got, but I have a good memory. I dunno, it's just another strain to our friendship, and I fear that it will break. But then again, somehow it already has...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:36 am 
Plan and simple, my best friend is my brillant and pizza ordering savy girlfriend :heart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:02 am 
My best friend and I have been best friends for almost 30 years. Yup, she has stamina ;) We couldnt be more different yet, at the end of the day we couldnt be more alike. Shes also the only person whose idiosyncrasies never ever irritate me, no matter what. And I know for a fact that that is mutual. I trust her one thousand percent and I dont trust people that easily in general. I love her kids to bits, as I do her. Different lifestyles absolutely! But I can not imagine not having her as my best friend. Shes simply the best :) .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:14 am 
Ruth "Heh. You lot are just easy.
Or um...so I've heard. Ahem."
Okay, who told? Not denying or affirming anything, just who told???

Ann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:26 am 
Well Ann...you just did. Just right now. :lol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:42 am 
[quote:9842f3eb87]Quote:
Oh and mandy, I love you with all my heart but now I know you're crazy
[/quote:9842f3eb87]

Sonya, sweetie..I love you with all my heart as well and i never denied that i was crazy..:grin :kiss ...and i don't lie.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:46 am 
Great topic. I've always been one to have a best friend. My close friends tease me about always having a "new best friend". But that's just the person I'm currently hanging with.

As for best friends, I had one for 20 years up until last year. We had met in 9th grade and remained friends through distance, tragedy and just plain old life. Unfortunately, this year we had a falling out that looks like it can never be repaired. Sad, but life goes on. Then there's my other best friend who I've known for 17 years and is really more like family then anything else. She's always been there for me and supported me....even when my choices didn't turn out so well. She just experienced a tragedy and I've been reminded how important friends are and how sometimes it's their love and support that gets you through the day.

Ruth - Gay boys are the best aren't they! One of my previous best friends was the bestest of gay boys. Unfortunately, drugs have gotten the best of him. But man, I sure do miss him.

As for Tara, I don't think she would have a best friend but she would be a best friend to all.

Wow! I'm really racking up those posts!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:47 am 
Did someone mention a new Final Exam chapter? :read :party :pray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:16 pm 
Ann and Ruth

Well, all I can say is: I am easy and proud of it. :grin Just ask my gf. Hee hee. :p

And Ruth :wave you are partly to blame. Were it not for Final Exam I don't know if I would be offering full body massages. Then again, I might offer one to Tulipp. Her fic rocks too.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:49 pm 
For those who are Mozilla fans, the newest release just came out, you can get it here

I have been using the RC (release candidate) for several days now and I have yet to make it crash, it is very solid. And plenty of great new features. Look like this is definitely the best Mozilla release ever.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:57 pm 
[quote:6aff64d41a]Quote:
Did someone mention a new Final Exam chapter?
[/quote:6aff64d41a]

No. :fallen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:02 pm 
Ruth I used to love Super Ted! I'd forgotten all about that one. Wasn't there one where he got stuck in a toy factory over night or something...

sorry random child hood memories..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:14 pm 
::singing:: "Say it loud! I'm easy and proud!" :fallen

Ruth, are we sensing a trend? ::sending sublimimal messages:: newchapterfinalexan... newchapterfinalexam... mmmm... final exam... :drool chocolate and full body massages to follow...

Ann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:17 pm 
Great thread idea, Sea! Though how did you ever become best friends with someone who stole a kitten from you?

I'd lost touch with a good friend of mine from elementary school after he'd moved to another part of the city, but as there was only one high school, I met him again there and he introduced me to the person who became my best friend my first week of high school. We've been close ever since, though we don't see each other every day as we've moved apart. We email and talk regularly; in fact, he's the one who introduced me to modems and the internet back in the 80's before anyone else I'd knew had ever heard of it. We see each other once or twice a year too. We've done different things in life, but we're still amazingly similar, reading the same books and having the same opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:22 pm 
Ann... :lol

See, you're making me laugh now; not write.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:25 pm 
::Singing along loudly with Ann::
I'm not afraid to sing it loud!! I'm easy and proud!!
All blame goes to smut by Ruth!! Look at me now I'm uncouth. :whistle

Good lord, what am saying?!?!? :paranoid

I used to be quite a refined kitten. Now look at me. Singing the praises of smut and offering my services to be at Ruth's beck and call for more Final Exam smut. What will become of me now? :hmm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:51 pm 
[quote:475453ece4]Quote:
See, you're making me laugh now; not write.
[/quote:475453ece4]

Ann...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :sh

*Waits patiently for more Final Exam* :bounce :bounce :bounce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:04 pm 
lol - a bit late for the daily thread,seeing as it is friday morning now!

Well, my best friend i have known for 5 or so years. We met in Physics class at college. On the first day, i was sitting at the back of the class with intentions of sleeping through the semester:yawn , and she was at the front. The lecturer had a different idea for the seating plan and made me sit next to Sarah - the best friend i didn't know i would have yet!

Strange the "chemistry" that happens in a "physics" class! (tee hee). I was really rubbish at doing write ups and drawing graphs (which she was good at), but really good at the practical stuff (which she was not so good at).

Years on we are still best friends, more so she is the sister i never had and the daughter my mom wishes she'd had! We lived together for 2 years until i had to move due to finance issues:spin .

We call or text each other daily, to say good morning and good night. And try to meet up when we can... and when we do its like the old married couple thing again!

what can i say, i love her i really do - ya hear that Sae?! - I LOVE YOU! :heart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:10 pm 
My "best friend" and I have been friends for over 25 years. Maybe even closer to 30. I am a year older then her so we technically didn't go to school together. We played softball together growing up. We still play on a team together. Of course we're older and much slower then we were in our prime. She's not the sharpest tool in the shed and she's very forgetful but I love her to death.
We had a falling out once in all the years and we didn't talk through almost my whole first pregnancy so she isn't my daughters Godmother but she is my son's.
She has been here to comfort me at all hours of the day and night when I needed her and I have been there for her just the same. Sometimes I don't know what I'd do without her and I can't see my life without her as a part of it.
So I tip my hat and raise a glass to my best friend. I love you Kimmie.

Love to All,
Barb

ETA: I forgot to let everyone know, I got the biopsy results today and I'm doing the Happy Dance cause its NOT malignant and they got it all. And I'll be back on my own computer very soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:22 pm 
great topic!!!

during my younger years, i really never had a "best friend" because well, the only people i know are my classmates, and i don't hang out with them after class or whatever. I enjoy my group of friends, but i can't really say they are my best friends.

i met one person in chat in a local bbs, we get so close, we hang out, had fun but i really never consider her as my best friend because i can't tell her that i think i am gay during that time.

probably just like tommo, i love my gayboys, i have two, for 3 years now, they were both my officemates and i consider them very very very good friends, and i know i can be who i really am whenever i am with them and they understand me completely that's why i love them both.

living on this planet for 24 years, i could say that i have found my best friend. she would just look at me and she already knows what i am feeling, she understands me even when i have not spoken a single word, she loves me even when im moody and stubborn, i can tell her my weirdest idea and she won't think it's stupid but she'll look at me with the most beautiful eyes in the world full of love and adoration and she'll tell me that it's so cute. i can never hide anything from her, she just knows everything. my best friend is my girlfriend, my soulmate, my everything. i'm gonna spend my life with her forever, no, wait... it should be longer than forever because forever is too short. forever is not enough. with my love for her, forever will never be enough.

D

"all i want is you today."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:35 pm 
I dunno if it's okay to ask here, but since Warduke mentioned it... I just wanted to ask about the Mozilla browser. I was wondering if it happens to be better than the Netscape browser, since the current Netscape was based off of one of the Mozilla versions, right? Okay, just thought I'd ask, 'cause I've been wondering.

Okay, to stay on topic and not look like a total dork! Umm.. I don't really have a best friend, exactly. I have several really dear friends, but I've never really had anyone I could open up to and tell anything and everything to. I wish I did, but it's always been hard for me. Oh, but I have my computer! My computer's my best friend! *hugs her monitor* :grin

-Mandy (wow, I've noticed a few other Mandys around. Must be a popular name :wink )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:47 pm 
My best friend when I was growing up was my big brother. He always looked after me, but never down at me even though I was just a girl. For some reason, he didnt consider that to be a handicap. He always let me play with his buddies and not just tag along. I got to play baseball, hockey, war, cops and robbers and king of the hill and I was never told that I wasnt good enough to join in. As a matter of fact, I was a pretty good ballplayer and when they were choosing up teams, I would be one of the first ones selected.

Aside from my brother, my best straight friend and I have been together for almost 36 years now, and shes always been there for me through thick and thin. I remembered how nervous I was when I was ready to come out to her, but she was very accepting and assured me that nothing would ever harm our friendship. My best gay friend and I have known each other for 27 years and I can tell her absolutely anything and she can always tell when Im equivocating and she wont let me get away with it. I guess Ive been pretty lucky in the friendship department because I think Ive got the best friends in the world. And in the last year or so, Ive been fortunate to add a few kittens to that list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:14 pm 
I'm so glad the kittens enjoyed this topic! :)

darkmagicwillow wrote: [quote:55643537b7]Quote:
how did you ever become best friends with someone who stole a kitten from you?
[/quote:55643537b7] It is an extraordinary way to start a lifelong friendship, isn't it? The gray kitten was cute, and quickly I learnt that my best-friend-to-be was very good taking care of it, and as we (still) live on the same block, I could check everyday their progress. Curiously enough, our cats always became friends also. She has now one that became blind due to an illness and he used to reach my house when got lost and meaw very loudly for me to go get her *human* :D Many years ago both our male cats were heads on a pack that *owned* the block... As you can see, cats were a big part in our friendship :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:49 pm 
::D oes best Elmer Fudd:: Be vewy vewy qwiet. We want Wuth to write smut. huhhuhuhuhuhuhuh.

And just so ya know, it aint easy being this easy.

Ann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:24 pm 
When I was young (I'm talking last week people) I never really believed in the concept of 'best friend'. I had lots of close friends (many dear friends) but not really one that stood out. Then, and this happens surprisingly regularly, I was proved wrong.

I met my best friend, Joss (not, as in 'Whedon') about 15 years ago and we've been inseparable since, becoming part of each others families. We clicked immediately and even though we both have busy lives (well she's busy with kids and husband and such, and I hang out on the internet and watch TV alot) we usually manage to talk everyday.

She is one of the few people in my life that I am absolutely 100% sure of. And its always been that way.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:29 pm 
Nicky, are you absolutely 100% sure you're not just a closet Jossophile? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:56 pm 
[quote:5008a8d263]Quote:: -->>: oes best Elmer Fudd:: Be vewy vewy qwiet. We want Wuth to write smut. huhhuhuhuhuhuhuh.
[/quote:5008a8d263]

:lol Much better Ann. :p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:31 pm 
Best friend chatter always reminds me of a Cure song, called [i:2b2d669872]This Is a Lie[/i:2b2d669872]. Lyric Clip:[quote:2b2d669872]//How each of us decides I've never been sure/the part we play/the way we are/how each of us denies any other way in the world/why each of us must choose/I've never understood/one special friend/one true love/why each of us must lose everyone else in the world/[/quote:2b2d669872]It makes sense to me, since I've never been able to categorize my friends. Whenever the term "best friend" comes up, people get jealous and mad. So I have about seven best friends. They're all important to different times and places in my life, and they're all wonderful people.

I see Tara being friends with Dawn, mostly. I can't understand the Anya thing, but that might just be personal bias. And although Buffy and Willow are close, Willow's also been Xander's friend for a long long time. . .