The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's "my best friend" Thursday MKF! 3/13/0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:40 pm 
Since in where I live is already Thursday, I guess the mods will allow me to post my first daily thread :) (please?)

So here it goes: my best friend is someone I knew when I was 10 and our first words exchange was related to her having *stolen* a kitten (a beautiful pearl gray one) that was meant for me! We are still best friends and -considering I'm 43- that means a long time! Both our lives have run through very different roads, but in spite of that it is amazing how we understand each other.

Many people thinks that *best friends* are a thing only when you are young.

Do you have a *best friend*? Please, tell us about.

We know Buffy's Willow's best friend but, besides Willow, which of the scoobies would be Tara's best friend and why?

Have a good day, lovely kittens :wave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:18 pm 
maybe dawns a best friend for Tara, although Buffy and Tara were bonding over time, maybe Willow should be Tara's best friend tho :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:25 pm 
My best friend I've known for about 5 years. We started hanging out because we were both loners in a school full of preppy type people. Shes hands down the most inteligent person I know. She may not always be nice or kind, but I always know that shes being honest with me. If I need a shoulder, shes there in a heartbeat. I'd trust her opinion more than just about anyones.

I think Taras best friend in the Scoobies would be Anya. As its been pointed out in numerous (Hears the echo of all kittens reading this "And NUMEROUS") fics, they are both the scooby 'girlfriends', both were added in after the click had been formed. I think that Tara would like Anya's straightforwardness "It is what it is, tact be damned" way of thinking. I think she'd respect that. Of course... I've been way off mark many times...

Ann

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:48 pm 
Wow Sea that is a long time, good for you :)
Me and My best friend have been friends since we were 4, so thats 18 years. It's funny but this thread has made me think back to the amount of things we have been through together, Our first day at school, getting into lots of trouble ;) , Many cat fights (teehee), We even had an on off relationship for 7 years. Plus I was by her side when her partner died 2 years ago and she has supported me through so much. I'm moving to france in the summer and I know the distance will put a strain on our friendship but I also know it will survive it.
This is a nice daily thread, I think if we should hold on to our friends however much your life changes, You never get to old to have a best friend.
Wytchi :love

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:49 pm 
Hmm...my best friend? Well I have a couple actually. My roommate and I argue over this all the time how can one have more than one best friend, if they're supposed to be the best? Judge for yourself I say there are two very special people in my life besides my new girlfriend ;)
One is my friend Jackie. I've known her since she was born. We''ve grown up together living back to back with our houses. We're like sisters our families are so close. We spend all the holidays together and everything. We don't talk too much now that we've grown older and I go away to college and she remains home but we always know whats going on in one another's lives between letters we write back and forth and through our families. So how can I not call her my best friend?
Then there's another girl with the same name as me Michelle. She spells her name with 2 LL's thank goodness. All our friends think it's funny that we're so close and have the same name. We met in sixth grade and have been pretty inseperable ever since. Sure, we had our rocky times in our awkward adjustment to our teenage years but we're always here for one another. I'd literally take a bullet for her. She's my psychologist without a fee. She's who I turn to when I need a shoulder. She can make me smile even during the worst times. I just hope I do the same for her. She's seen me at my best and worst. How could I not say she's my best friend?
Finally there is my new girlfriend *insert REALLY cheesey grin here* who I admire and enjoy getting know more about everyday.
I count myself as one lucky girl tonight as I go to sleep. I have three of the greatest friends in the world. Could anyone ask for anything more?

:bigkiss
Shelly

Edited: Why? Because I'm a dork

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:43 pm 
Great thread topic. Oh, BTW, Hi Kittens! I've been away awhile, finishing the Dreaded Dissertation. But I did it, and I will defend on March 24. Prayers, Luck and Good Vibrations wanted!:pray

Anyway, my best friend is Robin: we've known each other for almost 22 years (since my sophomore and her freshman year in college).

The thing is, we can still fight and aggravate each other like nobody's business. But then we kiss and make up (platonically, cuz that's just the way it is between us---not that we both haven't considered the alternative!) . Through thick and thin though, she's the Sister of My Heart, and I just love her to pieces. :heart

Regarding Tara: this is not exactly an answer to your question, but I like to think that Tara's best friend was her mom. Her death left a hole that I don't think anyone filled till a Certain Redhead came along. :willow

GG Dirt poor, but richly blessed to have a best friend.:love Out

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:08 pm 
Hmm. This is an interesting topic, but I can't really say that I have a best friend at the moment. I've had a few who were really good friends for a number of years, but have recently dropped out of my life. Maybe because of the whole starting college thing. But you never know when you'll meet a new best friend who you'll be friends with for forever after you meet them, so there is still hope. :pray
Okay, so about Willow and Tara. I guess I'd have to say that they're each others best friends, since Buffy kind of ends up withdrawing from her regular friends after everything that happens to her. Although, aside from that, both Willow and Tara seemed to hang out with Dawn a lot, and Willow and Xander were friends since like kindergarten, so.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday! Only one more day until Friday, which is the start of my spring break! :party
Always,
Kristin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:15 pm 
I know that this will sound Hallmark-movie-of-the-weekish but my best friend is my mother. Through various circumstances that I won't get into here, I have lost contact with virtually all of the friends I made prior to my twentieth birthday. But through all that my mother was always there. She knows my past so she can see my present in the proper context. That's only one of the things that makes her my best friend.

I think Tara's best friend would almost have to be Willow. The whole 'insect reflection' joke went right over everyone else's heads. But Willow thought that it was very funny. My point is that Tara doesn't have to think whether Willow will understand her. Willow just does. No questions asked. With the other scoobies, Tara has to think first before she can speak. The way I look at 'best friend' you shouldn't have to question whether you will be understood. You should be able to shoot from the hip and that person will now what you're saying. Of course this is just my opinion and heaven knows I've been wrong in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:42 pm 
Hm. I have two best friends.

The first one is Jennie, we've been friends since I was 7 or 8 and she was 9 or 10 .Almost 15 years now. We talk maybe once or twice a year now, since she's moved away and onto more important bigger and better things. We've always known kind of when we need to relax and talk to each other. She'll call, or I'll call, or I'll get a letter from her etc. The funniest was when I came out to her in an email, and she sent one back to me saying she had a girlfriend too. It was pretty hilarious.

My next best friend is Allison. We live together right now and we've known each other 7 years. We've had rough spots but always pull through. Just recentlly I was laid up in bed with really bad cramps and she bought me a care bear. Needless to say it actually worked LOL.

Anyways, as for Tara, I believe her best friend really is Willow. They just know each other too deeply, even without the relationship part.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 11:04 pm 
My bestfriend... :hmm I'd dare say I don't believe in having bestfriends anymore. Good friends yes... few and rare... best friends... no such thing.

I used to have a college bestfriend. We were friends till last year after June. She met this guy and she's like his slave. She does whatever he tells her to do. That includes quitting her job, avoiding all of HER friends and hanging up on her friends in mid sentence. She's 22 this year, she's jobless (the guy's jobless too), she's engaged to him after two months, she allows him to put her down in front of everyone, after one month of going steady, she moved in with him. She doesn't want to answer anyone's calls that even I gave up on her. That's the reason why I don't want bestfriends. They bail on you too. And come crawling back when the guy dumps her. :spin

I have good friends. Very few and very rare people. One being my business partner whom I've known for close to 5 years. 2 others are friends who I don't see much or talk to much... but we keep in touch and update each other about recent events. Then there's that buncha Kittens I talk to a lot who's helped me through some tough times. Couldn't have done it without you. You know who you are. :heart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:38 am 
My best friend is a fellow kitten (she's how I found both the board and W/T). We met in Ceramics at our high school about 3 and a half years ago. We bonded over the year and after that we became best friends quickly. We complete each others sentences and quote Buffy, Moulin Rouge, and other movies back and forth to each other. She's the best. We're always there for each other. I'm going to miss her when she goes away to college this year.

I like the idea of Anya and Tara as the two girlfriends. And they did thumbwrestle in "Tabula Rasa."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:42 am 
I met my best friend about 3.5 years ago in class and although he was a little strange at first, but we clicked and now we're inseparable. We hang out when we can and we finish each other's sentences--usually because we speak mainly in Willow and Tara quotes. We like the same music and similar movies, so we can always find something to talk about. And he was really helpful during these past few tumultuous months. He was always someone I could talk to, because I knew he'd be there for me and help me or at least listen. I don't know what I'd do without him.

ETA: Wow, hi GottaLuvAmber! :wave Looks like we really do have the same brains! How's that for best friendship?! We posted at the same time!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:56 am 
My bestfriend is my ex-girlfriend. :grin We met each other in college about 11 years ago. The first time I met her, I knew instantly that I could trust her with everything. :D And that's really huge 'cause I'm not the one to trust easily. :) We started out as friends, became more than friends, and went back to being just friends. The best of friends. We both agreed that it's better that way. Now, I'm just happy that I found her. :heart And who knows? We just might find love again. :grin Not that I'm harboring thoughts of that sort. Nuh-uh. ;)

I believe Willow is Tara's bestfriend for the reason that it is only Willow that truly gets Tara.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:41 am 
Don't really have a best friend just a few good friends :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:17 am 
my best friend is someone i've known for four years (and who is sitting next to me right now, actually). we met in our junior year in high school and we're still buddies and classmates now that we are in college. she's really my constant... :love

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:31 am 
Hm. Best friends are difficult. Ony because I find it hard to choose the best out of my friends. They all serve such different purposes and fulfil different needs in my life. I would say that my closest friends are my gayboys. I have three of them whom I've known for around five years, and one whom I've known since I was 14. We met at school and I hated him at first, but then I grew to realise that he and I weren't so different after all. Heh. :lol

I love my boys; they're always there for me to chat to about stuff that troubles me. However, because they're gayboys, I have to say that their lives are intrinsically more complicated than mine, heh heh. But my boys are great. I love them dearly. And seeing as I'm the only girl in our "gang", I get the girlie attention. :) My friend Gregg is coming to visit this weekend, and seeing as I live a train journey out of town, I'm somewhat honoured, although I suspect he just wants some gossip and pictures. ;)

I don't have many close female friends. I'm not sure why. My sister knows most stuff about me, and we have recently spent more time together which pleases me greatly, but she's my sister, you know? I love her and love spending time with her, but I'm not sure she's someone I'd choose for a best friend. Having said that, she's aces. And things have been tough for her lately; I suppose in a way that's brought us closer which has been fab. Besides, I'm currently training my neice in a love of all things Buffy, heh heh. We watched OMWF the other day when she was off school sick and I was looking after her; she loved it. Noticeably we didn't linger over the reasons why Tara was floating. We just noticed that she was. ;)

There are a couple of kittens that I've known for a while. One of them I've known for around four years now, and it feels good to have a history with someone that you count as a friend. But when it comes to best friends...well, there is one person who is probably going to be remembered as my best friend in future years. ;) I can tell her absolutely anything. That's kind of weird for me. In the past, I've held things back from friends, because I've been worried that what I tell them will reflect badly on my friendship with them. But this woman is always non-judgemental. She's kind, and understanding; when I want to cry about things, she lets me cry and comforts me. When I want to be giddy, she finds it amusing and just lets me go with it. She can be serious when the situation calls for it, but she also makes me laugh like nobody else ever has. Funny friends are just essential, aren't they? :)

So yeah, I think she's well on the way to becoming my best friend. And to have one person who completely understands you like that is gold. It really is.

I know that most people have said that Willow is Tara's best friend. That's not only true, but it's also a little sad. Remember what Donny said in Family, about Tara not knowing anyone in High School? I honestly believe that Tara never had a friend like Willow before, with her loyalty and cute possessiveness. Certainly from looking at the way the Wicca Group treated her in college, none of them were people that Tara would consider a "friend", never mind a "best friend". So I think Willow would "complete" Tara in a whole lot of different ways, friends-wise.

But I still think that Buffy is Willow's best friend. Thinking back to the way Willow was in Seasons 1 and 2, I'm not sure that, apart from Xander, Willow had any other friends. There are plenty of experiences that only Buffy would understand, and I think she filled the parts of Willow's life that her friendship with Xander didn't. I used to love their relationship; the way that Buffy and Willow were just complimentary together and how their friendship was always really important to them, above and beyond the slaying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:07 am 
Well i actually only have one true best friend and then a few really good friends.

My best friends name is Dianna we have been friends since 1st grade and i am 18 now so roughly about 13 years. I met her when i moved to the new town (in MI) and started school there...we were inseperable until i moved away in mid 8th grade year. Before i moved i took her on a trip to FL for a week with me. While i lived CO my friend changed alot but we were still friends...friends with large phone bills. Then in my Sophmore year my friend got asked to be married...which i was actually talking to her on the phone when he proposed...(which i thought was cool). In the summer between 10th and 11th grade, i moved back to michigan but still lived far from her. In Jan of 2001 she was married. I went to her wedding, it was so amazing. It was the first time i had gotten to see her in like 2 years. Sadly though, that was also the last time i saw her...we still talk on the phone, but it is hard to catch one another.

Other good friends would be...In CO i had a friend April..and through the 2.5 years i lived there we were great friends...I still talk to her on the phone from time to time. When i moved back to MI in my Junior year i made friends with a girl named Amber, who i am still friends with today. However, i moved to AL. She moved in with me around this time last year but she moved back to MI last June. I went and visited her last July, and i saw her a couple of weeks ago when i was in MI. When i moved to AL i made a couple of good friends...my friend Elizabeth...who befriended me at the beginning of my Senior year...I went off to College but i still go back and visit her from time to time...and then there was my friend Jami...with whom i did not meet and become friends with until January of last year...but it is fair to say that we are inseperable...we are attending the same college and when i was about to move away she got really upset. And now she made me promise her that i wouldn't...and after we finish with school here (2 yr college)...she wants to go to the same University.

And of course all my kitten buddies...*pulls out list...and unfolds it...clears throat*...(going in the order i met you all)...first of all...i'll start with Cory...w/o her i would not have found the kitten board...then Holly...who has been a great friend and always been there for me...then Jayma...who is a really good friend and quite the comic relief on a bad night...then Filly...who is a great friend...and i swear to god we share a brain...it's really gettin strange...and then one night when i was up all night in the kitten chat...i was honoured to meet Kari and Marie...who are both great people...Marie being a great comedian...we spend our time making each other laugh...Kari...she's a very kind and caring person...who has impacted my life in many ways...and then my more recent additions to my buddy list...we got Micha, Angel, and Sonya...Micha is a very good friend...she's funny...she's tryin to teach me German, and i have enough trouble with English...Angel...she's a nice person...amazed her with the fact i actually knew where she lived...lol...Sonya...*smiles*...I can honestly and for truely say that she is one of the greatest people i have ever met...without her my life would not be the same...*sigh*...at all.

Friends are the people that make the biggest impact on you. Most every good friend i have had, has impacted my life in so many ways.

*whispers* Holl...Filly...grab the fairydust and and lets get the heck outta here...we have a world to save..:grin :grin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:28 am 
ok.....great topic!!!!!

i think there is such thing as a best friend and mine is just proof of that......
i met my best friend in 9th grade...and 9 years later , were still best friends......she is the ONE person in the world who i can tell anything are do anything and shell never sit there judjung me or anything , just try to be as understanding and supportive as possibe.......i never have to fear of her reaction cause i know what ever she says are does is out of love...
she has helped me out alot through this past year or so as i was "figuring things out " and was there all the way through....always reminding me that no matter what , at the end of the day she will still be there for me and always love me !!! shes the first person i came out to.....

i also managed to get her hooked on buffy , and on the whole willow/tara ship so much that she wants to watch reruns now...... so thats always great.....

we love to do the same stuff ( well most of the time ) and can spend ages talking and being with each other.....
she IS my best friend..... :love :love :love

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:39 am 
Not sure this is appropriate in the daily thread, but I don't think that an independant topic would be worth it.

Here : www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=479

Is an interesting article trying evaluate how a Buffy spinoff with :willow as main character could be held on TV. The obvious problem is of course with a drama centered on a lesbian character.

:sh Be carefull, this article contains substential spoiler for Buffy s7 (after episode 10) :sh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:52 am 
I have 3 very close friends Chris, Lynsey and Ben. We all met at uni, the three of them all lived together in halls and when I transfered uni, I ended up on the same course as Chris. At first he was the only person who bothered to speak to me, but we soon discovered that we were very alike. He is is infact the male version of me & if I wasn't gay I would probably marry him. :lol

We have all been through a lot together and after uni we kind of went our separate ways for a while, but we were still friends throughout. November was the first time we had all been together since July 2000, it was Lynsey's wedding day and it was as if that time apart had never happened.

I am really looking forward to this weekend, Chris is finally moving back to Sunderland, it is going to be great to be able to just pop round for coffee :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:07 am 
I can't help but think of a Beatle's song when talking about best friends:

In My Life

There are places I'll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them

Well, with that said, there have been a lot of people who have come in and out of my life. A few select people who I had considered my best friends. Within recent years, I lost the one person I never thought I'd lose. We had met on our second day of college. She lived next door and came over to ask for a hammer. It was kinda cute. Well, our friendship endured for about 9 years. Then one day, there was nothing.:shock I can't even express to you how much it still hurts. :( But I know that there will always be a special place for her in my heart and I will have a fondness for her that will never be matched.

As for the the people still in my life. I have a great and wonderful friend who lives in DC. We see each other here and there but I know that she would be there for me in a heartbeat if I needed her. My other best friends would be my gf and my sister. I don't think much explanation is needed for either of the last two.:D

And sadly, I agree with Ruth about Willow being Tara's best friend and the reasoning behind it. Ditto that with Buffy. I couldn't say it any better than Ruth.:grin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:12 am 
Aw, suckup. ;) I yuv you...heh heh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:28 am 
i don't really have a best friend, just a few good friends

used to have a best friend when i was in high school, we'd hang out after school, every weekend together, got arrested twice together(underage drinking and vandalism), but eventually drifted apart. i don't really have a best friend, just a few good friends

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:39 am 
Suck up? Me? Noooooo.....:grin I just happen to strongly agree with you.

Now, if you give me some more of Final Exam.:whistle ..then when you need a full body massage, I'd gladly do it. :jho

Would that be considered sucking up too? :p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:44 am 
Heh. More Final Exam? Hm...I'll think about it.

Thanks for the offer of a massage though; that'd be nice. I had one once and fell asleep, it was so good. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:45 am 
I'm with SlayerSydney. Ruth, if you give us another chapter of Final Exam, Sydney can give you the full body massage, I'll get you all the fine chocolate you can eat! Anything you want, I'm sure you could find a kitten to volunteer for it.

Ann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:55 am 
I think my best friend is my brother because we've always been really close and, most of the time we know whats the other is thinking.

My best "girl" friend would be someone I know for 3 years now. I've never been able to keep my friends sticking along, maybe one of the reason is because I am so close to my brother. But this great friend of mine is also my brother's friends and we're having so much fun together. She totally gets us and the way we think and it's never complicated with her. I used to think that friendship was complicated and with her it's the best. Lets hope we'll stay friend for a long long time. You guys had such great stories that make my hopes high.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:19 am 
i don't have a best friend anymore. :( after high school we went to different colleges and communicated less and less. i always thought we would remain friends inspite of the distance. but that didn't happen. i have other good friends though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:21 am 
Heh. You lot are just easy.

Or um...so I've heard. Ahem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:43 am 
Okay, Ciler, that article was interesting, but still it made me mad. and I can't say why on that thread cause it would involve talking about the not-season 7 of the not-BtVS show, ya know what i'm saying? And I wouldn't be able to talk about it without cursing a certain name and wishing a character's death, which is BAD! BAD ME :p so if there's a willow spinoff, I REALLY don't think I'm gonna be a fan :)

Tara's best friend = Willow.

That's all I have to say. :D