The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's "I'll always find you" Tuesday MKF 3/
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:09 am 
Well, I miss the UK when Im elsewhere Ruth, so I understand that totally. I miss the fact that so many places dont have kettles and you make tea in the microwave or with non-boiling water.
Mostly I miss people. And I miss the dog when Im not home but shes more like a person not a thing. I try hard not to take anything for granted.
For objects and toys Id miss - I guess itd be my mobile and my laptop even thought the sodding thing gives me more trouble than anything else in life, with its cranky 'failing-for-no-reason' fits. And my mobile I take everywhere its often the only way I can be contacted. I always worry about loosing it, and yet I never have. When either of those two things arent working, I get all out-of-sorts and grumpy.

I think Willow and Tara have things theyd miss. Willow would miss her laptop and if her ISP screwed up shed probably get so bad tempered, the only thing that would pacify her would be to go back to bed with Tara. Tara on the other hand, I think would miss practical things like kitchen appliances. How else would she be able to make those wonderful meals?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:19 pm 
Woah. I had a nasty experience this morning. I couldn't get onto the board. Now, I know this may be attributed to my truly piss-poor internet connection, but the board may have been down as well. As it is. Occasionally.

It's funny really, because I think you often don't realise how much you'll miss something until it's gone. I know that checking the board is something I do along with my emails in the morning whilst I'm having my coffee. It's like, a habit. So imagine my distress this morning when part of my regular start to the day was taken away from me. I was bereft! :lol

So what I was thinking was, in light of my very disturbing and traumatising experience this morning, what have you realised you've missed only when you realised how much you were missing it?

Hee.

For me, this morning, it was the board. But I did have the oddest time coming to terms with how much I missed UK television when I was in the US a few weeks ago. And you know, I'm the first person to say what shit we have on telly over here, but dammit, I really did miss the little things. Granada Reports; Coronation Street; god, even Crossroads. Heh. Who knew?

Tell you what else I missed too: proper crisps. ;)

The title of the thread for today came quite easily though; it was what I was shouting as I stomped around the living room trying to work out why I couldn't access the board. Heh heh. But it also reminded me of taking things for granted; not realising how much they mean to you until they're not there anymore. I'm not talking so much about people but more about things. Objects. Toys.

Oh wait...not toys. Not toys toys anyway...

God, what was I talking about...?

Oh yes. Missing things. So I suppose the other thing is what would Willow and Tara miss? I think that Willow would go truly ballistic if her internet connection was interrupted for a day. Or if someone borrowed her different coloured pens and didn't give them back. Heh.

Anyway; have a good Tuesday everyone. I'm now off to seek counselling for my "Being without the board at any given time" post traumatic stress syndrome...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:01 am 
Yeah I miss the states now that I'm in the Caribbean. so many of the things you can get down here aren't the same as they back home. mostly I miss my animals and friends. well that and FX reruns of Buffy so I can see willow and Tara together. I never realized how good I had it back home till I left the country for school.

~minn!~:thud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:02 am 
Ruth, I'm glad you mentioned it. I almost had a heart attack when the page spewed out that it couldn't log me in, or something. I couldn't bear the thought of being without the board in the mornings, or afternoons...what do I miss the most? Having an apt with windows dammit. The sun, I like the sun to shine on in, so as long as it's not on my face too early in the morning. Being in a bsmt apt sucks ass at times, I tell ya.

What would Willow/Tara miss? I'd agree that Willow would go absolutley nutty without her internet connection, or worse, having the connection go at a rate of a slug taking its time to get from NY to Cali. (I think perhaps Willow would have a surplus of diffrent colored pens). After that would be Tara's pancakes. I think she'd run out to the store to make sure funny shapes were made. Tara, not sure. Maybe the stars, being able to see them on a clear night. If it's sucky weather (as we have here usually) and it's not so clear, they could be missed...hey, everyone needs their Pile O' Crackers...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:29 am 
Good topic...:)

What do I miss...well, I miss my gf ENORMOUSLY and long to be able to see her more...:( Feel all achy inside when we're not together, but then thinking about her and how much I love her makes me happier than a ridiculously happy person having a happy day! ;) Sometimes I need a pair of binoculors to look down and see cloud 9!! :heart

As for other things...I really miss my cats when I'm away; I miss my room; and I hate it when I cant get online!! ;)

Have a great day kittens!!!

Snuggles,
Jo xxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:11 am 
What an apt little thread. I'm currently boardless throughout the work day.

I've had to switch desks cos apparently our maintenance department can't change a light bulb inside a week :sigh

And the computer I'm now using freezes up every time I try to get onto the Kitten. No other websites you understand. Just the Kitten. So round about now, 5pm-ish UK time, is the first chance I get to catch up on what's going on. I really miss my daytime perusal of the board.

I also know I take my Mum and Dad for granted. I really missed them while I was on holiday. Of course, the second day of being back and I was already acting like a sulky teenager to them. Though, I think that maybe proves the point :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:01 am 
I miss the real Buffy, the show we all fell in love with. I especially miss seeing Willow and Tara together. Make my feel all bleechy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:07 am 
When not in the north east I miss stottie bread, it is bizzare, I never had heard of the stuff before I moved up here, but it just makes the best sandwiches and pizza's. :)

I missed my flirting partner at work today, she was off sick, which was a bit shit really considering for the first time in 6 months I actually spend the whole day in the office, chained to my desk, I could have done with a bit of flirting to get me through the day. :fallen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:10 am 
ooooh, good thread :)

I miss showers, i was on holiday last year and they only had a bath !!!!! now i hate baths, cos iam too tall and cant get comfy in them.
I also miss the kitten board and all you guys when iam unable to get to my laptop.

i think tara would miss pancake making, lol (ruths avatar)
and willow would miss her sunggles at nite, ;)

Have a good day kittens, iam off to make my tea in a min, so it seems odd to say have a good day, lol

Caz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:12 am 
Let me see..

Okay, first exemple, I went to Qubec City in November, for only two freaking days (I live in Montral, it's about 2 hours, 2 hours and a half from Qubec City) and I can't explain how much I've missed my bed, my house, my teddybear (Yeah, I still sleep with my teddybear :D ), my food, my music, etc.

There's a lot of TV show that I miss a LOT too not that they aren't playing anymore.. Most are quebecker TV shows, so I don't think anyone knows 'em. But, especially Diva.

I miss my ex-gf like hell too. I miss Germany, I miss my skateboard, I miss the dog of my godmother..

For :willow & :tara , I think what they would miss the most is each other, if they had to spend more than 2hours separated :p Otherwise, yeah, Willow would be her internet connection and Tara hmm.. Her "making pancakes" time in the morning? :p :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:12 am 
I went on holiday for a couple of weeks and thought I couldn't manage without my emails and internet......:blush

I was wrong! I managed it. Actually, I had very busy days and lots of Buffy videos. If I wasn't away and had no internet or something else I would go mad :tear :rage

I also hate staying away, I miss my bed, my things.....Not the same elsewhere no matter how welcome things are made for you. My cats and rabbit too :sob

:willow and :tara - Willow definately the internet! Tara chatting quietly to people and also her pancake time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:16 am 
Ruth, if you get therapy for not being able to access the board this morning, what do I get only having been able to access it three times in the past week? And can there be boobies involved?

I've been without a few things since we moved into the new house- internet, for one, except when I have time at work, which isn't much. A regular phone line. TV. Free time. Writing time. Sexy time. Time in general is a real commodity these days in J-Hoville. Just waiting for the weekend to come round so I can catch my breath again, and finish off another page or two of museum smut. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:25 am 
Great topic! :)

I miss the times when i was seeing a girl (who i still have huge crush on) almost every day or at least 2 or 3 days a week. Hanging out, talking a lot, playing basketball together, watching movies, making dinner ...all those good things are gone since a while. :sob
The situation is complicated. We aren't having any contact right now and i hate it.

And i really miss my car. :blush Yeah, i know, not really that tragic. But i didn't realize how good and useful a car is until i didn't have it anymore. Brings you from point a to point b in such a fast time and so on...It was too old and it would have been to expensive to repair all the things. Well. That was last June and since that...i'm riding my bike much more and I'm also forced to use the tram/bus...yay :happy

OH yeah, and i really really miss the good old german mark.
I hate the Euro, because you just get half or your old money back and everything is soooo expensive. Euro sucks. :mad

snuggle79

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:14 am 
I'm not a big missing person. I like to travel, so I'm used to being with different beds, foods, etc. When I'm away I miss people much more than things, but I've gotten so used to always being seperated from someone that it doesn't bother me so much anymore, plus, I always email a lot. I certainly miss my gf when I don't see her for awhile. When I was in Korea, I didn't even know that I missed being able to talk freely with Americans and English-speaking people about being gay until I actually had someone to talk to about things like that!

And I just found out that my egg retrieval (I'm an egg donor) is on Friday!! Then I will have no more headaches and bloatiness and having to be home at 9 every night to take my meds and no more waking up early and trekking an hour just to get a blood test and/or ultrasound and then another hour back here for classes. And there will be a very happy couple who will be able to have babies using the eggs I don't need right now anyway :grin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:50 am 
This is OT for the daily thread.

Ok, I'm talking with a friend in the UK about the Cruft's Dog Show results... And I check a different breed that is shown by the family of another friend, specifically cairn terriers... and the puppy that won the best puppy in the breed is:

OUDERNARDE BUFFY'S ANGEL
Bitch
Owner: MRS C GRAINGER

(no further comments from this kitten)

Cruft show results for those interested in other results....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:54 am 
Jho - you get your "therapy" in October. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 11:54 am 
I've missed Cruft's. Bugger. Philippa Forrester was presenting that this year! :drool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:00 pm 
I think I miss my sanity. I put it away for safe keeping a few months ago and can't seem to find it now. I've looked everywhere, but it's gone, vanished, vanquished and generally absent. As a consequence, I find I'm acting totally irrationally - or so I've been told, since, lacking sanity, I have no way to judge. For example, instead of dealing with RL, I'm hiding on the board, where I'm certain I left at least part of my sanity.

Please, if any Kittens happen to find a way-ward block of sanity, e-mail it back to me. :pray Being crazy is sort of fun, but something tells me that I'm going to need to find my faculties soon. :lol

Oh where, oh where can my sanity be.
Oh where, oh where has it gone ...

Smiles Kittens
Patches

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:07 pm 
*sproioioing* :jho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:10 pm 
Well, sure, get excited Jho. I'm not sure I'd feel the same at the prospect of listening to me and mine makin' with the hot monkey love in the spare room...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:30 pm 
Well if it had to be a thing and not a person then its simple and said in one word for me. BEER. Yes oh gracious god of hops I will always find you. Although it must be said, take away my internet connection and I'll kill you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:31 pm 
Ack! I miss cable TV! Last year I was able to watch Buffy on FX twice every day, but now that I'm living in the dorms and can't afford cable, I haven't seen a season 4 or 5 episode in a year and it makes me quite sad. I miss all the W/T love! We used to have cable in our TV lounge on my floor, but it was hard to find time to go down there and no one else watching something. Now, the TV in there isn't even working. So maybe it's a little thing, but I miss it. Last year coming home to Buffy episodes and W/T was like my life. I know, I'm sad. ;)
Always,
Kristin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:44 pm 
[quote:4bfeacbd76]Quote:
Well if it had to be a thing and not a person then its simple and said in one word for me. BEER
[/quote:4bfeacbd76]

Why am I not suprised by this? :lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:07 pm 
I miss Willow and I miss Tara. I know Im not alone in that.

I work on the computer a lot, but my Compaq power jack broke, so Ive been missing a working laptop for a long time - until I got a new Dell the other day. Then after two days the Dell adapter broke. So after getting all excited about finally getting a new computer, I was back to staring at a black screen. I was not happy, and I was missing a decent computer very much.

But the new adapter came today and everything is good again. Yes, Im easily pleased. :)

Hope everyone has a great day. Well, its late so have a great evening. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:24 pm 
Interesting topic. I find that at times I like to deprive myself of something for a week or so just to appreciate it more. Mostly leisure time stuff like gaming, TV or such. I do miss seeing movies as often as I used to, but find that I miss it less now.

Of course I miss the real Willow and her being with Tara quite a bit. I miss looking forward to seeing BtVS each week and wondering what W/Tgoodness we'll get to see. And then of course I miss my friend that died just over a year ago.

Garner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:21 pm 
I could'nt get on the Kitten the other night, for who-know's-what-reason and I too felt that my life for that day was somewhat incomplete. sad eh?

I always have to check that I have my ventolin with me, not that I 'll need it or use it you understand. If I have somehow mislaid it then of course I need it. Again, sad.
But what I always, always have with me wherever I go is my shoulder bag [bellingham camera bag - so butch :) ] plus a camera and binoculars. and an opinel knife. and a waiter's corkscrew. If I could get a collapsible wine glass in there I would have that too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:26 pm 
[quote:03760d9957]Quote:
Why am I not suprised by this?
[/quote:03760d9957]

Heh, well someone's got to continue the worship since some other bugger made the godawful decision to give it up for lent! pah! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:34 pm 
Sadly, I miss my best friend from college. :( We were the best of buds all through college and several years after college. Then when I finally came out a few years back, it was as though she just disappeared. :confused I am still not certain to this day if the reason she mysteriously vanished was because of my coming out. I hope that it's not. She was around when I was seeing my first gf, though she didn't quite know that at the time. :sh But afterwards she knew and hung around. Then when I decide to tell the parents and everyone else, Poof! Gone. No more best friend. :confused :hmm :\

After the celebration of me week with the birthday and all, I have been thinking about her. Wondering if she even remembered my birthday. Wondering if she even still gives me second thought. :hmm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:43 pm 
um, a list, smut, my dvd player, this site, another site dedicated to liv tyler (off topic but interesting, i was discussing how nice tyler is with another liv fan and she said, you know who else is nice, Amber Benson!) and my books

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 3:26 pm 
I miss My G/F Cathryn when we can't get a decent web cam connection...:whistle

I miss Birmingham city centre. last time I went home it'd had been knocked down! No rag market or Bull Ring (there's never been any actual bulls...or a ring...) I was assured it was there, but I couldn't get to it.

I miss decent Indian and Pakistani food and Balti pies.

Oh and I miss England actually having ANYONE that can use a cricket bat. (even the guy who knocked the head off margaret thatchers statue failed when he used a cricket bat!)

I think real Willow would miss Tara.