The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The 1st Weekend of Spring 3/22-23/03 MKF!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:09 am 
Well Spring has sprung.

Which of course means it is still cold as hell outside here in Chicagoland.

We are starting our spring rituals here. Me walking around the house trying to figure out which home improvement job I can complain about first, Liam wanting to do everything outside and my wife has already planted 120 seeds, mostly peppers and tomatoes. Remember I live in the burbs, so soon people will start stopping by our yard to see the mini-farm my wife has created out back.

So here is a topic of discussion. What are your Spring rituals? How about our girls?

I can see Willow sort of dreading spring in the past. End of school and all. So I see her reorganizing her computer files. Tara is most certainly a spring cleaning gal. Plus there would be the wiccan spring rituals she would observe.

Well here is to a good spring for all Kittens!

Warlock

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:31 am 
I love spring, especially after the coldest winter we had here in Canada. I don't really have any ritual.. Except that I go outside a lot more just to walk and smell the spring. I like walking on something else than snow!

I guess spring is the right time to clean the house and trhow away stuff I haven't use in a while...

I think you are so right about Willow organizing her computer files. She probably would make a chart with all the things to do and clean too. Tara would just go outside and enjoy the weather I think.

Happy Spring to everyone!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:39 am 
First, happy spring to all. I started spring in Disney World. Were just ending a week down here in sometimes-sunny Florida. We stayed a couple days at the Wilderness Lodge, which was very nice. But we also visited the new Animal Kingdom Lodge, and if you get a chance to come down here you should really visit it. It has a beautiful African dcor and a 33-acre African savanna right in front of the lodges huge pool. You can see giraffes, flamingos, antelope all from your room window. Too cool! We ate at their Boma restaurant that serves a South African buffet and it was terrific. Definitely visit this lodge if you come to Disney World.

Tomorrow I return to the real world and Washington DC, which I am sure is in war mode. I definitely prefer the fantasy world of Minnie and Mickey, even with all the crowds and humidity. :)

As for W/T, I agree Will is probably upset about school ending and is already looking at the summer catalog to see what she can take to gain extra credits. Tara would be starting spring cleaning and looking forward to spring break maybe shell do some horseback riding and even get Willow to come along. Maybe not. ;)

Have a great weekend everyone!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:32 am 
Since I moved away from my parents farm, I haven't really had any spring rituals.

While living at the farm the main ritual was helping with the birth of the little lambs. Every year from the ages of 10 to 18, my dad used the same trick to get me to help deliver them, 'Zoe, you have little hands don't you?' :) Ah nothing beats getting up at 2am and 4am to check everything is all right down at the barn.

I have decided to do some DIY, but this isn't a spring thing, it is what I have been putting off for the past 4 months, but today I have begun to wallpaper my wardrobe, I think it is a good job I am off work until tuesday as I am on my 5th tea break already and only 1 door has been papered. :lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:00 am 
This Spring weekend my sweetie is bouncing outside like a new born lamb tending to all her new 'babies'! We have lots of seedlings making themselves known,...or so I am told! I am in front of the computer writing and now finally surfing the web! I have ventured out but once and got roped into watering the seedlings because they were dry. I did this then scurried back inside for fear of being exposed to too much Spring fever!!
The best thing for today is that we got our season 6 X-Files dvd set delivered within 17 hours of ordering off the web! DVD.co.uk really shift when you order stuff! Think I'll have to forgo the nice weather outside and watch those instead, just to make sure they are ok, you understand! Call me when it's Summer!:wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:24 am 
ha......spring.....
i love the spring..its really cold outside , but we should have seen the last storm for this winter......
i love spring , we go to the beach , play baachvolleyball
and do lots of outside stuff whice is really so much better then "inside stuff" (unless of course you have a gf .....and then i would be goibg with winter....lol )
springs here are just so great with so much to do......
plus.....could always use a pre tan befor summer gets here!!
the thing i usually do in the spring is change my wardrow erngment......move all my nice little tops to the bottom shelves and put all the heavy sweathers up there......untill next winter anywy.......
and sandels......love buying sandels.....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:38 am 
Good morning! :)

I don't really have any Spring rituals, but this particular first weekend of Spring I'm going to go hike up into the foothills of Griffith Park, along some trails near where the Buffy crew has gone from time to time. I just inherited a pair of 90-year-old Kodak Brownie box cameras, and I've actually found film for one of them. I'm going to take it up there and see if I can get some shots of the view. It's me playing Ansel Adams. :shy

Have a great weekend, everybody! :bounce

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 7:44 am 
Weekends, I never normally make it out of bed till about lunchtime.

But today I woke at 8.30. The sun was shining, and I was possessed with the really really bizarre urge to get on with some spring cleaning. By 11 am, the house was spotless. Kind of. (It got weird when I tried to hoover the bed, but, you know...)

Cleaning, it's not natural.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:34 am 
I just love spring!. For me it's a time for getting out and about without having to dress like Michelin Man, buying new underpants, doing a big clean up of my flat (sort of), purchasing bunches of daffodils from the greengrocer and
checking out all the new lambs/calves/chicks at work.

Then of course in the u.k. if you are very traditional , come May first you get very pissed and dance around a symbolic Willow tree with bits of ribbon - or something like that.

Happy spring to all Kittens !!!!:bigwave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:38 am 
Springtime is secretely one of my favorite seasons. But only until it starts to get hot. However, this intense nasal congestion only could have been caused by the copious amounts of pollen in the air, on my car, stuck to my window, attached to my clothes. Hell, it's a good thing I'm not hungry, my broke ass might just have to make a pollen sammich.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:02 am 
Well, I'm looking forward to tuning up the barbecue once the weather dries up.

I already pulled my bike out last weekend and got it all ready to go. Too bad all the park trails are still slushy and muddy; I'm really looking forward to hitting the ravines once it's drier.

Today, we're inside doing some cooking and cleaning. Fun stuff! :sigh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:12 am 
Spring! I enjoy sitting outside and just enjoying the beautiful weather. So lovely. I bet that's what Willow and Tara would do, too. Maybe take a nice picnic or something once it's warm enough.
Unfortunately, my other spring ritual seems to be to have allergy problems because of all the lovely blooming things. Oh well. Happy beginning of spring to everyone! :D
Always,
Kristin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:47 am 
Hmmm...Spring routine....

Much to my gf's chagrin...Springtime means cleaning out the house time. So much stuff gets piled up during the winter...I feel like we're pack rats or something. :(

As for W/T, I think it's a sweet time for them. Perhaps a picnic under a willow tree....hee hee. Or time to go walking through the park as Tara sings to Willow. :grin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:46 pm 
Happy Spring Everyone!!!
Since I've started my new job and have much more time on my hands, my apartment has really never been cleaner. I even make my bed in the morning. Whats up with that??? But today, I got some real cleaning done. I've scrubbed the walls to get them ready for new paint, mopped the floors and at my landlords request, cleaned the hallway which most of the stuff there belongs to my very rude neighbors. (too many shoes and it was getting a bit stuffy)
I have the windows open to get some fresh air in and there seems to be a cat in each window. I guess they wanted to get some fresh air too. I can't really blame them since I don't let them outside.
Well, I'm off to find another household project thats been put off for way too long.
Have a nice weekend everyone.

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 12:53 pm 
My Spring Ritual: Reapplying the non-stick spray to the snow shovel, so the snow can easily slide off... because I know that we are going to have some more snow!!! And more than just a dusting, too!! Arrrggghhh!!!

Willow & Tara do not have snow shovels in any part of their spring (or winter) rituals because they don't have snow or any use for a snow shovel ... at least, I don't think they do .. :confused

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:13 pm 
scout, mmmmmmmBoma. That's just about the best Disney food I've ever eaten.

I love Spring, even though I get very busy. There tend to be more concerts and student auditions/competitions on my agenda, along with income tax returns. But the weather is so nice this time of year that merely stepping outside puts me into an instant good mood. And I can't wait for the baseball season to get underway. Our friends, the couple who fixed up GF and me, have just moved to Orange County; they're only 15 minutes away from Anaheim Stadium, so we're looking forward to taking them to a lot of Angels games this year.

Spring chores on my agenda are massive house-cleaning and organizing, and helping my brother pull the engine out of his 66 Mustang. Guess which of those two tasks I'm actually looking forward to. :wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:21 am 
Spring rituals, now for me that involves praying for enough points for Woking FC to stave off relegation :pray

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:27 pm 
Wow, look at that, we now have over 3000 members :clap

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:18 pm 
yay! 3000. It's just a number but it does signify continuing growth. w/t love continues to enchant!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:18 pm 
There will always be new members ^_^

I don't have too much of a spring ritual myself...but this weekend was one of the first somewhat warm weekends we've had in upstate new york so far this year. So yay...Since it was the first good weekend, I wore myself completely out. YUMMY yummy thunderstorm on friday on the way to go see the musical Over Here! Spent all day saturday up at the barn where my friend boards her horse Gypsy, we did some bareback riding. (Not THAT kind of bareback riding, my girlfriend woulnd't approve yanno..) and then saw the musical AGAIN because my friend did such an amazing job. :D
I just spent today with my friend Jenn and her brother and her brothers girlfriend over in Pennsylvania....at a place called Child's Park. I wonder if any kitties know of it? It's a really beautiful place around Milford, with a lot of beautiful waterfalls and pools and such. I think we took about 4 rolls of film today, with all the climbing where we werent supposed to, and that warm sun..mmm...

SPPRRRRIIIIINNGG!! finally....*shivers with antici.............pation*