The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Its always breaking down on me weekend, MKF 4/12-13/03
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:12 am 
So what is it Kittens? Whats always breaking down on you or always giving you trouble (let's stick to objects and not people for this thread :wink )

Is it your car? Your computer? Your TV? etc...

For me, right now, it's my computer. My cd burner stopped working like a week ago, I've tried to fix it but I can't, and yesterday, I used the recovery disc, to reinstall all the original stuff that came with the computer (without reformatting it) and it still didn't work and I had to reinstall a bunch of stuff, download some stuff that wasn't there any more and fix little annoyances that I forgotten how to fix (thank god for Google :grin )

And also my satellite card is working but it's freezing every now and then, I had it fixed a few days ago, but it's still doing it :mad

And to top it all off, I went to buy a digital camera and the one I wanted wasnt in stock, so Itll be about two weeks sir And since I just love to wait :rage

Have a good weekend Kittens!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 8:33 am 
Ezboard has some downtime coming up on the 15th.

[quote:b57cd76e89]Quote:
Posted: 4/11/03 3:33:17 pm

ezboard Scheduled Downtime 4/15/03 ezboard's ISP will be performing scheduled maintenance at our server facility from 12a - 3a PDT (GMT -7) on 4/15/03 resulting in system-wide downtime.

We should be down a very short time, however we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
[/quote:b57cd76e89]

Ezboard seems to have a lot of downtime. Kittenboard.com is kind of shoddy lately.

Other than that I tend to kill a lot of VCRs. They just stop working properly. Poor things. I am too rough on them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:55 am 
For a long time, I thought I killed cars, but since I got the car I have now, I've realized it's just that I was driving shitty cars. Go, Honda! :heart

I have fairly frequent problems with my cable, but that's all been because my neighbor steals it fairly frequently. Four times now from me, and four or five times from her neighbor on the other side. That seems to have stopped since the police got involved. All I have to say is that it's a damn good thing I have DSL, because if she were interfering with my internet access, I think I'd be the one getting the police called on her.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:08 am 
Well apart from my brain lol, Iam having problems also with Sky....it wont let me use my programme synopsis (which means i dont know what iam watching half the time)

Luckly i dont drive a car, i have a bike lol, so it cant break down,

Caz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:19 am 
My computer drives me crazy! We have a computer and a laptop, and for the last 4 months we have been having to access the internet through the laptop because the computer won't let us on! We have had AOL telling us it's not their fault, the computer company saying it ain't them! Well, it isn't us either!! We now have friends in the USA trying to help us sort it out! I could cry! I want to see the Kitten board on a big screen again! We have all the connections we need but it just won't connect. I think I wore it out!!![img:2d71680ee6]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/laugh.gif[/img:2d71680ee6]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:35 am 
For a while I thought that I was bad luck with computers. I had a laptop and a bookshelf fell down and crushed the screen. I've had some other random problems with my new computer too, but nothing that my gf hasn't been able to fix. She even fixed my laptop for me. She bought a new screen off ebay and now it works again over 2 years later.

So I guess the trouble I am having now is with batteries. My car battery is dead and we were going to replace it today, but it is raining here. Also my newly repaired laptop is having battery issues. I guess the 2 1/2 years it spent under my bed wasn't too good for the battery.

Other than that things have been fairly reliable for me. My car runs great, especially for being older, and everything else appears to be running smoothly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 11:47 am 
plus having problems with my phone at the moment..
Its really old i think i might need to get a new one.

Caz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 4:49 pm 
Well my problem seems to be vcr's at the moment. First, the vcr downstairs "died", where the tape refused to be ejected. And of course the sears contract I have insists they send out my vcr to North Carolina to be fixed... I happen to live in NJ. So fine I can deal, but no my back-up vcr also decides it doesn't want to work either. This one just refuses to play a tape, as well as record anything. So once again I have to send out this vcr for repair.

The only bright side is I finally broke down and bought myself an early birthday gift... a DVD player. Originally, I thought it wasn't necessary cause I have one on my computer, but this trouble with my vcr's made me realize the day has finally come for a change :) .

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 6:03 pm 
My PDA is always having problems. It's always changing appt's on me for no good reason at all and it won't hold my address and phone numbers for more then a few weeks. The thing that was supposed to help me make my life more smooth is the one thing that drives me nuts so now i have a PDA and a paper planner.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:13 pm 
well, i thought that my vcr had broken, but then i realized that somehow the channel thing had changed so that it only worked on channel 4 when i normally had it on channel 3.

my computer is always freezing on me. i need a new memory card. but i don't have enough money. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:39 pm 
Computers, love em or hate em, we would'nt be a community without the darn things. Mine seems to go belly up on a regular basis. It's not so much the hardware, as the bloody software giving up on me. [Are Macs better in this respect?]
Having said that my latest gripe is that the scanner has just stopped. No reason. just wont play any more. dead. I've tried everything and it just wont work. It's not even that old or that used much. It's as if the makers programmed a set number of scans into it and then said 'no more'. Argh!!

Apart from that, I have often have major problems with cameras. Being a 'old camera' geek I always have 1 or 2 of the collection in bits, attempting to put them right. When you have to try and repair an old and valuable Leica [cos you cant afford to send it off to be done] you tend to focus rather too much on your fallible side. I rebuilt one the other week and I had bits left over. And, no, it still would'nt work. unsurprising really.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:40 am 
Paula Radcliffe's just absolutely obliterated the World Record for the women's marathon.

She finished the London Marathon in a phenomenal 2.15:25 - the previous record was 2.17:18.

It's not often I'm proud to be British but today is one of those days.

Congratulations Paula Radcliffe!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:08 am 
She's amazing, Emma. I remember getting all choked up when she blasted through into first at the Commonwealth Games, then went on to win the Chicago Marathon. She's such a fantastic ambassador for runners in this country, and yeah, I hear you, it makes you very proud to be British.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:01 am 
Well, does it count if IT doesn't break down on me, but rather I break it?

You see, my girlfriend informed me last night that I am a Serial Sweater Killer. I don't read labels. I miss the "only" in "dry clean only," which apparently means--who knew?--that you're NOT supposed to put the item into the washing machine. And if you do make that mistake, you're apparently NOT supposed to use warm water.

So it's sweaters. I've lost count of how many I've ruined.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:41 am 
I don't know if I'd say it's always breaking down on me, but the other day we lost our internet connection.:shock

I wasn't really sure what to do with my morning, I think I got to school about 30 minutes early. :p

Anyway, it ended up that our ISP decided to "upgrade" our service without telling us, and without saying that they changed our user name. So after 45 minutes on the tech support line, on which they advertise their support website
(I thought that was funny) we find out that all we have to do is add something onto the end of our user name and we got in. :rolleyes

Other than the internet, I seem to break my laptop fairly frequently. I just got it back a couple of weeks ago because the screen kinda broke and was falling off.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:09 am 
umm I think I break Air ports and airplanes everytime I walk into an airport I get delayed detoured or the exray machine breaks down so they have to re exray everyones bags. and sense I am flying home this weekend I thought I better say it now so it can prove me to be a lier and I will have a wonderful trip.... don't worry I won't hold my breath
:evil