The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Singing in the rain Tuesday, MKF 4/15/03
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:54 am 
This is my first thread ever, so please be gentle!!

Around here it's raining today and I was wondering, what are your thoughts when you wake up and it's raining outside. What is the best thing to do on a day like that? Stay curled up in bed, watch movies all day, go out and get wet??

What would Willow and Tara do on that kind of day.. probably the curled up in bed thing right? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:27 am 
When I woke up this morning it was raining too, unfortunately I couldn't stay in bed as I had to go to work. By 6am the rain had stopped but it was still cloudy and gray. By the time I left Glasgow the sun was starting to make an appearance which fortunately has stayed put.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:22 am 
The end of the world happened and we weren't told. We're going to get Spike TV.

Sort of.

TNN is renaming themselves that in June, according to Zap2it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place or doesn't belong on the board at all, but I found it weird enough to mention.

Full text:
TNN Hopes 'Spike' Is Golden
Tue, Apr 15, 2003 01:29 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - TNN is driving a Spike through its countrified image.

The cable network, which is in the process of reshaping its lineup to become a destination for male viewers, is also changing its name. Starting Monday, June 16, the channel, which began life as The Nashville Network, will leave Music City for good and become Spike TV.

"We love Spike," network President Albie Hecht says. "It's a guy's name, it has personality, it's smart, sexy. It's unapologetically male ... it's aggressive and it's irreverent. Those are all of the qualities we really want for the first network for men."

Hecht says the goal of the newly christened network is to become a "home base" for male viewers, encompassing a range of new lifestyle shows and the current backbone of the network, which includes World Wrestling Entertainment, "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and repeats of "CSI."

As part of the new strategy, the network has formed partnerships with a pair of men's magazines -- Men's Health and Stuff -- and its Viacom corporate sibling CBS MarketWatch for a set of brief reports on fitness, money, cars and gadgets that will air periodically throughout the network's broadcast day.

The network's long-in-development animation block will debut June 26, featuring "Stripperella," created by Stan Lee and starring Pamela Anderson, and "Gary the Rat," with Kelsey Grammer.

A weekend lifestyle block will make its debut in January, featuring new shows like the self-explanatory "Eight-Minute Workout Challenge" and "Ultimate Vacation Sweepstakes," a travel show that doubles as a contest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:29 am 
Good timing, Willster. It rained here yesterday, very hard at times. (I'm in southern California.)

My first thought is always, "Excellent. Now I won't have to water the lawns for a few days."

My second thought is always, "Good. This should wash some of the dirt off the car."

Then, if it's a work day, I tell myself that I'm going to need to allow more time for commuting. Californians tend to drive too fast in bad weather, and we end up running into each other.

But if I have the day off, I plan my day around newspapers, books, TV, and DVDs. I like to eat while I read, so I make sure that I have enough junk food to get me through the pile of books, magazines, and newspapers. Then I put on a pot of coffee, tell the cat that she's going to have to share the sofa, and settle into my cocoon.

eta, the only "Spikes" I know are dogs and cats. And they've all been neutered.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:51 am 
Lucky me today...I woke up and it was incredible outside. :) Some record breaking temps were supposed to occur today. Stupid weather, warm then cold then back again. :spin The weather guy says rain for the weekend. That Bites. Especially since I'm off. :rolleyes

Anyway, rainy days usually make me more contemplative. I guess it's the whole dreary, dark, cloudy thing that makes me start to question life. Rain I can deal with, but when it starts to storm, I get really freaked out. :( Bad memories. My senior year in college, the roof to my apartment building blew off in a storm. :shock Thus, I am now afraid of thunderstorms.

As for W/T....I'm sure snuggles, movies, and umm..other things... top off the list.

Spike TV? What the hell? :confused

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:05 pm 
Well, no rain here today either. We had nice warm weather today, unusual for Maine this time of year. But I happen to love the rain. Especially in the summer when it's warm outside cause I like to go stand in it and just walk around and think.

I think Willow and Tara would probably stay curled up in bed, if they had the opportunity. :) Although I could also see Tara convincing Willow to dance in the rain a little. :D

~Spencer~

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:07 pm 
Absolutely friggin' GORGEOUS day in Toronto today. It was actually HOT out there - not mild, hot - and a beautiful clear sky.

Too bad I had to work. :happy

Well, rain tomorrow and Friday. There you go...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 4:58 pm 
Rain?? Well, I recently bought a used car to tide me over for a bit. It was cheap, but looks good & runs quite well. Except.... the wipers don't really work well.. and I mean the wiper motor!!! they will stop like it has a stripped bolt & then start up & go over the edge!!! or the two blades with get caught & stuck together!!! Not fun & not safe!! So, right now, I don't like to drive in the rain!!! not at all. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:46 pm 
It was like 86 and sunny so nope no rain. But rain usually makes me think of spring cause warm rain is the absolute best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:31 pm 
It was gorgeous today. Seriously the first warm-enough-for-me day in like six months. It was around 80 and breezy. So breezy that the sarong I usually just knot and go ended up getting safety pinned all over so I would stop flashing people. hehe.

but yeah, tomorrow it won't be as warm, and thursday they say it may sleet. that's nice. :mad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:24 am 
Lets see...well...waking up and seeing that it's raining, first thought would be..."ugh, i gotta get outta bed and go to class in this"...then it's more along the lines of wanting to stay in bed all cuddly and comfy. But oooo how much i love the rain...i go out and run around in it all the time...so i would so be out there 'getting wet' as you put it.

There's just something about rain that i find sensual...i dunno exactly what it is...but just to be with the person you love when it's raining...it makes things feel complete, like it helps to bring you together with them more.

Oooh and i can't leave out the wanting to sit outside curled in a blanket on the porch with my baby watching and listening to the many sounds of the rain...the sound of it hitting a tin roof, or the sound of it splashing into a puddle, and how can you forget the magnificent lightning bolts as they tear through the air molecules only causing them to slam back together causing that incredible sound known as thunder...it's amazing the things that nature does.

ok enought ramblings...bye bye

Mandy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:39 am 
Well, if I wake up and see it's raining outside usually my first thought is: oh no :happy

And usually it ends with abother ten minutes in my warm, comfy bed :yawn :D

But the best thing is, if the rain is outside and I'm inside :p

:peace -Viv-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:58 am 
So yesterday (when this thread was started) it was 90 outside. Can you believe it-- 90 in Minnesota in early April?!? Today, though, we got a reality checl-- 40 and lots of rain. I miss the heat.... --Nora