The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's Apocolypse Weather Wednesday MKF! 4/16/03
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:01 am 
Okay, I live in Wisconsin, USA and throughout the last week we have had blizards, sleet, thunderstorms, tornado warnings, and as of late we have had 100 degree weather!
Now, what I am wondering is, is this happening in other places too?! It is really throwing off my body, I'll tell you that!
Yesterday I was outside in my bikini and today I am inside drinking hot tea cuz it is just SO cold outside!
I am afraid to go outside, since I have a feeling of what the next weather pattern will be...locusts!!!!!! This is what I have been calling, "Apocolypse Weather".
So, am I the only one?

~Tash xoxo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:06 am 
Originally posted by amberbensontotallyrules4eva

Hey guys,
I just thought that I would post here to share the site I came across that lets you design your own mobile phone covers and stuff. I figured lots of the kittens would want to have Willow and Tara goodness with them all day long, so you might be interested. The address is:

smashhits.makemymegastore.com

I think that it's a UK site, but it doesn't matter cos it looks as though they'll deliver things to anywhere in the world.

Luv
Rachel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:51 am 
TELL me about it! :shock Here in Canyon (just south of Amarillo, TX), we had tornado watches, 60mph winds that ripped down trees, tore off the chimney from our house and overturned two school buses! There was this duststorm from hell that looked like it came straight out of The Mummy and mixed with the torrential rain and hailstorms turned everything into one big wet filthy dirty mess. Every car looks like it went boggin'.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:31 am 
Waiting for the locusts out here too. I'm in Lawrence Kansas, and anyone who lives out here knows the saying "If you dont like Kansas weather, wait ten minutes". All last week it was freezing, really freezing, Friday it went up to 80, now its around 40 and raining. But its not really raining anymore, now its doing that little drizzling "I dont know if I feel like raining or not" thing. Kansas weather bites.

On the plus side, at least I know whats coming up in the next few months. Its going to be hot. Very hot. Very very very fricking hot!

Laters all,
Ann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:55 am 
My sweetie is from Kansas and she has to agree with you, Aradia785. She's been getting weather updates from her family. As we both now live in the UK, we have been making the most of our summer weather! We have had two days sunshine, that's got to be it for us this year! I have gone from wearing thermal jackets to a t-shirt within a day. British weather is a pain but not in the least drastic as what the USA experiences! I'm still getting over the tornado fright we had there! And my sweetheart loved the earthquake we had here! Keep warm or cool kittens, where ever you are![img:623bf71d69]http://thekittenboard.com/board/images/smilies/peace.gif[/img:623bf71d69]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:13 pm 
Tornados, sleet, snow ? Pftt. I can beat that into a cocked hat.

Over here in the UK, especially in Wales and NW England it hit 27C today. In April. No rain. at all. has'nt been. for weeks.

For a part of the world where it is supposed to rain incessantly this is weird, let me tell you. Or you can ask Ruth.

I'm wearing shorts, and it is'nt even easter yet!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:24 pm 
Yep, Still Waters, it's been blazing hot here. I'm loving it. Beautiful weather. I only hope it lasts long enough for my overseas visitor to enjoy it. But, alas, knowing how unpredictable UK weather is, I won't be counting on it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:11 pm 
Hey VW, I live in Michigan which is next to Wisconsin and I can relate to you as far as the weather is concerned. Last week we had 6 inches of snow mixed with sleet. Yesterday we had a record high temperature of 87 and I was outside wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Today the temperature dropped 50 degrees, I had to put my parka, earmuffs and gloves back on and were supposed to get freezing rain tonight and tomorrow. I expect its probably some sign of the forthcoming apocalypse.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:56 pm 
Bizarrely good weather here in Ireland too, which is usually land of perpetual rain. I went out for a stroll along the river Liffey yesterday at lunch time with no need for a coat - which is definitely not typical of April here. Seems that today is continuing in the same vein. Well, might as well enjoy it while it lasts, and go out wandering at lunch time today too. [img:47032fbaa4]http://homepage.eircom.net/~mollyig/stretch.gif[/img:47032fbaa4]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:04 am 
I wonder whatever happened to those "April showers"?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:09 am 
Hey Vampire Willow!

Over here in France, we've had the same weird weather changes happening lately, it's like 3 weeks ago it was getting nicely warm, then suddenly it dropped from 20C to under 10C ("68 to under 50" in degrees farenheit - I think), so for one week we were all cold and miserable, and three days ago, summer arrived, we can be outside wearing a T-shirt at 11 pm!! :cool

But I don't dare putting away my winter clothes yet... :sigh

The weather is all kablooey!!!!! :smash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:05 am 
New England has seen pretty much the same patterns. We had two weeks of spring-like weather in the last half of March, when it is usually rainy, cold, and miserable. Then, in early April we got the yucky weather we usually get in March. It warmed up this past weekend for about four days, and Tuesday-Wednesday were like summer. Then late yesterday afternoon (Wednesday), a cold front swept through, and today it is only about 35, with a blustery cold wind (although it's sunny, which helps). Yesterday I went for a walk at lunch in a short-sleeved shirt, and by the time I went home, I wanted a sweater and a jacket--that's how fast it changed.

We're supposed to get drizzle/ rain/ yuck tomorrow, but the weekend is supposed to be better. Amazingly, the forecast for Easter Sunday is good--if we had a snowstorm, that would be the perfect joke to cap off what has been the longest, coldest, snowiest winter that I can remember for quite some time. Of course, if we had a snowstorm (or sleet or hail) Monday, when the Boston Marathon is running, that would be a perfect joke, too (tho' not, I suspect to the folks running the race).

There just doesn't seem to be any such thing as a happy medium any more. :confused

Firefoot
-----

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:53 am 
I'm in the NY/NJ area.
It has definitely been wacky weather. Tuesday was nice with 70-75 weather. yesterday we got 80 plus....today's a completely different story: 40 drizzle/rain....just crazy. I saw The Core this past Sunday afternoon. Kinda makes me wonder. If we start seeing Northern Lights over here...we're screwed...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:06 am 
I guess it's time that Minnesota joined the group...St. Paul has seen the same wacky weather patterns as Wis. One day it's 75 and I'm in shorts and the heat is turned off and then the next is thunder storms with snow and sleet and what ever else decided to fall out of the sky and now it's just cold. Winter jacket back on, nice cuppa tea, just staring at my golf clubs waiting for spring cold. I don't trust the weather man anymore they don't know what they are talking about.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:28 am 
i know what you mean! i live in kaufman,TX and yeaterday it was tornado weather today it's nice and sunny and just a week ago i thought it was goign to snow. i guess that's TX for you..."If you don't like the weather in TX, just wait 5 min and it will change." which is soo soo true.
wel i'm off. i have to go to court. :pray judge please take mercy on me. wish me luck.
much love
megan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:00 am 
It may be a sunny day in California but the skies seem very grey and I think the heavens are on the brink of opening up. The mood is definitly cloudy for the my mighty Red Wings have been eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs, :cry :sob stupid Cujo.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:39 pm 
[quote:29397382e3]Quote:
I wonder whatever happened to those "April showers"?
[/quote:29397382e3]

They occur at around 5am, in Sunderland. Just as I am leaving for work.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:53 pm 
I can't understand this weather. Last week, we had a snow storm, then rain, then two beautiful days in the 80's. Today its back to being cold and just plain blech. I can't wait until spring really shows up. I just want to open my windows for more then a couple of days. I don't think thats asking too much...or is it?

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:08 pm 
So glad to know that I am not the only one!!!!! I was getting worried! UGH! Today, we have pouring rain and overcast clouds. It was 45 degress at it's peak and 27 at it's low! My body cannot take much more of this.

Right now, I am raying for thelocusts! :pray I mean, maybe they will come with some 80 degree weather. That would be nice, not too hot, not too cold. Jusssst right!

Happy to know I'm not alone!

~Tash xoxo