The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It Must Be Bunnies Easter Weekend MKF 4.19.03
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:01 am 
Well, first and foremost, Happy Easter everyone! Whether it's a religious holiday for you, or whether you're just glad of a long weekend, or maybe you're just celebrating the change of seasons and waving goodbye to winter, I hope everyone has a restful couple of days.

So I keep seeing this advert on television for chocolate bunnies. Synonymous with this time of year, I guess. But you know, I have issues about eating a chocolate animal, heh. Although they do look mighty tasty. ;) I think my problems lie with the ears. I dunno, there's something about the ears...and let's not even go down the Harry Potter inspired chocolate frogs. Shudder. I'm sure Willow would totally freak out at those. ;)

Anyway. Ahem. Chocolate. I know it's a big addiction for some kittens on the board, and hey, that's understandable, heh heh. Yum.

I was overjoyed this year when my mum (bless her) bought me a Crunchie Easter Egg. Not just a large chocolatey goodness type egg shaped thingy, but two crunchies to boot! Needless to say, none of those items exist anymore, due to my excessive salivating for two whole days. I couldn't wait, and pretty much polished the thing off in one night, heh. What? It was begging me to eat it!

So, on a totally frivolous note, I was wondering what your favourite chocolate is. On a normal day, I don't actually eat a lot of chocolate - I have a whole thing about not quite being able to stop once I start, so I figure it's probably best not to start in the first place, heh heh.

But I am partial to Crunchies and Double Deckers. And I remember loving Texans, before they stopped making them. Have to make do with a Curly Wurly. Hee.

Not a big fan of Mars Bars. Too sickly. Blergh. And I did try Hershey's Peanut Butter something or other but you know, I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter either and the whole combination was just a bit...nasty.

I'm guessing that Willow and Anya might dread this time of year, particularly with the whole chocolate bunnies and frogs issues. Not sure about Tara though, but I'm sure she's glad that nobody's invented shrimp flavoured chocolate. :puke I'm sure though, that our girls would find other uses for chocolate apart from actually eating it. :drool

Have a good weekend, everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:42 am 
Happy Easter to all.

I am not really that big a fan of chocolate. It makes my teeth go funny. Maybe I ought to bite the bullet and go to the dentist to get them seen too. Last time the bastard kept sticking a bit of pointy wire into a tiny hole to see if the nerve was exposed. It really fucking hurt. :mad

That said, I have been known to stuff myself with free choccie from the tea room at work and then send emails to friends telling how sick I have made myself feel.

Anyway back to the question at hand my favourite chocolate bars would have to be milky bars. I love white chocolate. Once I tried a deep fried battered creme egg, it was the single most disgusting thing I have ever had the misfortune to eat.

I also quite like chocolate infused Vodka, but that will come as no surprise to anybody who knows me. :grin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:07 am 
I understand the issues that come with eating chocolate animals - I don't really like them. Besides, there's never enough chocolate in them as they are usually hollow!

I like straightforward chocolate - no sickly sweet centres like strawberry creme or icky jelly bits.

I did bring back some chocolate covered dates though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:16 am 
In addition to chocolate bunnies and frogs, there are also chocolate turtles. :shock However, they are not actually formed to resemble a real turtle. And that's what I would have to say is a favorite of mine. It's chocolate, caramel, and a nut all rolled up into one wonderful bite of goodness. :love

Now, that I am thinking about it, I guess I like the whole chocolate and caramel combinations. Nestle has this new twist on their crunch bar. It now has a layer of caramel on top of the regular crunchie stuff. YUM!!!!! And snickers of course is also a fav.

On Sunday, we're going to my parents to have Easter dinner and I know that Mom will have my old Easter basket filled with sweet goodness waiting for me. And since she has taken to my gf, she will also have an Easter basket waiting for her. Mom still tries to convince my sister and I that the 'bunny' left it. :rolleyes Come on mom, I'm going to be 30, I think I figured it out! :p

Happy Easter to everyone. :grin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:44 am 
Gertrude Hawk "Smidgens" are what I go crazy for. They are chocolate and very creamy peanut butter. Peanut Butter Cups can't compare to them. Up until recently, Gertrude Hawk chocolates were only available this time of year. Usually, kids sell them for school or non profit organizations to make money. When I got my delivery from my friend the other day, I opened my box of "Smidgens" and low and behold, there is a Gertrude Hawk store very close to me. Its the only chocolate that I really crave. By the way, my friend didn't order me the bunny ones this year. She ordered me the ones shaped like little trains so all is good.

Have a good weekend everyone and Happy Easter

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:05 am 
I LOVE chocolate :drool

Nutella, Kinder, Lindt, Crunch, Poulain (not sure which of these brands are international)... I'm currently addicted to "schokobons", and any French kitten who's tried one will probably know what I'm talking about... :drool :thud

I went to Belgium last winter, and one chocolate shop had some huge chocolate... breasts for sale! Why oh why didn't I take a picture... :smash

Anyway, happy Easter everyone!
Joyeuses Pques! :banana <<<- this is my new favorite smiley :grin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:45 am 
Chocolate. Hmmm.

Recently voted the UK's favourite comfort food - way ahead of syrup sponge and custard for some strange reason, which was the luscious Tara Palmer-Tomkinson's [any realation Ruth? :) ]favourite.

I'm with you Ruth, on the icky -ness of Mars Bars, but they have literally saved my life more than once. And as for the legendary battered deep-fried Mars Bar.... let's not go there.

No, to me chocolate falls into two categories - Green and Black's organic 70% cocoa butter dark [or variants thereof].... and everything else. I can make bar of the former last for a week, a piece at a time, savoured and allowed to impregnate into my body at a liesurely, luxurious rate, almost a gourmand orgasm..........mmmmmmmm... [now where was I.......]

the other stuff... Cadbury's dairy milk, I dare'nt have it in the house. I can eat a bar, a large bar every night. I can't decide whether its the chocolate or the sugar fix.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:17 am 
Hi Folks,
I live in a quiet suburb of NJ and this tragedy happened in a neighboring town. On Thursday night, an 18 year veteran of the Police Department was gunned down in the line of duty.
I graduated last year with a degree in Criminal Justice and she attended a couple of classes with me. She was not only an outstanding and decorated police officer, she was a very caring person out of uniform as well. She went out of her way to help whenever she could. She helped me in one of my classes and we became friends. We kept in touch after I finished school. She'd call to see how things were going with me.
I sat here Thursday night listening on my scanner when I heard a bunch of sirens go screaming by my house and when I heard "officers down" my heart was in my throat. No names were released until they notified the next of kin. One of my friends called me at work yesterday to let me know. I was completely devastated.
My heart and prayers go out to her family, friends and communtiy. May God Bless and hold MaryAnn Collura in the palm of His hand.

Bergen Record

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:57 am 
Oh Barb, that's awful. What a terrible thing to happen. Good wishes for her family and friends.

Still Waters, Tara's the outcast of our family. Ahem. She might have a double barrelled name, but she's from the posh branch of the Tomkinsons. ;) However, her family traits have been well covered in the news; she likes to party hard, take drugs, drink to excess and spend a lot of money on shit. She's one of us, definitely. She's the IT girl of the family. I have to comfort myself with being the TIT girl of the family. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:04 am 
Ohhhhh. Happy Easter Kittens!:applause
Omigosh! Funny emocation.:banana That's so cute!!!

Okay, okay. Me being very very young, chocolate and just unhealthy stuff in general makes me all breakyout-y.:spin Reese's Peanut Butter cups-an all time favorite. Especially frozen. Yuuuuummy.;) The whole "It Must Be Bunnies" and Anya inspired me to go to school with bunny ears on. I was singing the song all day.:rofl Later Kittens!!! Have fun!

-Minya2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:23 am 
Three words: Cadbury. Creme. Eggs. Chocolate does nasty things to my stomach and I have to take a whole bunch of my various stomach meds to eat any, but for Cadbury Creme Eggs it's worth it.

Has anybody else seen that Toys R Us commercial with all the bunnies singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" and then we see Geoffrey Giraffe promising to have an Easter sale if only they'll stop singing? That cracks me up every time. Anya's worst nightmare come true. :rofl

Easter is a heavy-duty singing weekend for me. Yesterday we did the Good Friday service, tonight we have the Easter Vigil, which at 2 to 2-1/2 hours is the longest service of the year, and tomorrow morning we do the big 11:15 festive Easter morning service. Fortunately, the other choir gets the fun job of doing tomorrow's 7am service. :shy

And on a more serious note, Barb I'm so sorry to hear what happened where you live. :(

Enjoy your weekend, everybody, and stay safe...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:17 am 
oh Still Waters...cadbury's dairy milk.......drool....Now I have to go and make sure that the dog has bought me a Cadbury's easter egg!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:10 am 
I'm with Still Waters on the 70% cocoa thing...definitly to be savoured one piece at a time....it's hard to go back to cadburys after that. I remember being given a choc bunny with a printed foil wrapper one Easter when I was a kid, it was just soooo cute I just couldn't eat it - think it reappeared in the summer somewhere looking a bit green !

One thing I've never really worked out is...what is the point of white chocotate ? I mean if it's white, how can it be chocolate?!!!:rolleyes

I shall be demolishing my Chrunchie egg tomorrow after work:puke Happy Easter :banana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:19 am 
Well, I am currently contemplating starting on the nice Cadburys Creme Egg that my mother kindly left for me as a reward for looking after her plants for her while she is away on holiday.

However given my history, I think I should wait until she comes back and confirms that the plants are still alive before I accept the reward. Me & plants don't mix

As for my favourite chocolate, hmm so many to chose from, and it changes quite a lot, but at the moment its got to be Rolos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:03 am 
Chocolate, something I seem to be eating a lot more of these days. Which is a real git but oh well. Personal favourites are Boosts, old style kit-kats and double deckers. I also love white chocolate, particularly Terry's orange version they do.

Oooo just remembered mint Matchmakers...mmm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:48 pm 
[quote:e72dc15ad3][b:e72dc15ad3]BBOvenGuy[/b:e72dc15ad3] said:
Has anybody else seen that Toys R Us commercial with all the bunnies singing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" and then we see Geoffrey Giraffe promising to have an Easter sale if only they'll stop singing? That cracks me up every time. Anya's worst nightmare come true.[/quote:e72dc15ad3]YES! And then the song gets in my head, except I skew it to "here comes peter cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail, eating some most delicious bugs (yum yum yum)." . . . Because it's the same tune as the green speckled frog song. Which is crazy.

But I'm all for the chocolate-covered cherries, and kinder bueno, nutella. I like hazelnut, a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:03 pm 
Chocolate. :drool

I love chocolate.

I went to a Chocolate Bar a couple weekends ago. It was SO good. The chocolate bread pudding made with chocolate croissants was incredible.

My favorite day-to-day chocolates are reese's peanut butter cups (or the eggs they do around easter) and hershey's kisses and MMs.

For really good chocolate I loooove smooth creamy belgian chocolates.

I also love the chocolate toffee that's made at a local candy store in my parent's town. My mom sent me some for easter. Along with some Cadbury Creme Eggs, another favorite of mine.

Can you tell I just really really like chocolate? :grin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:31 pm 
lol@ minya! ya wore bunny ears? i didnt notice...:bounce heheh...my symbol: :kitty HAPPY EASTER KITTENS! kristen itc Did anyone see the episode where they all turned into whatever they were dressed as for halloween? When i saw willow out of the :ghost outfit fit(my reaction was...):glasses :shock :bow :party :thud :eek :heart :drool :love :rofl :blush :applause :banana :dance :jaw :pray (ty god):dance y couldn't they have :tara in that type of outfit, too? ohh well- Happy Easter!
I :love :willow / :tara !!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:27 pm 
I'm sorry to hear what happened, Barb. It's always very depressing to hear crimes and innocents losing their lives, worst if it's someone you know who lost their life. Good wishes to her family..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:05 pm 
Heheheheh. Outside of the Pen's NC-17 fic's, I would have to vote this topic as the most willfully decadent subject on the Kitten Board.

Chocolate! Needed almost as much as air, this international confection sooths frayed nerves. Chocolate makes the most horrid day just a bit better. The Scooby Gang used chocolate to heal a broken heart (Wild at Heart and The Wish) and to ease guilt (Something Blue). Of course, chocolate can be evil (Band Candy), but only to my waistline. My current addiction is Dairy Queen's Blizzard called Chocolate Xtreme. Yum!

La - We visited Beantown last year for the first time, and fell in love with the city. We will return someday. I told Mrs. TemperedCynic about the Chocolate Bar in Boston after seeing your link in another thread. Well, I think it's a swell idea anyway, *grumble*.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:35 pm 
Oh yesCadbury crme eggs. I buy up as many as I can the day after Easter when they mark them down so that I have enough stock on hand to last me for a few months. I then apportion them one per day (kind of like vitamins) until my supply runs out around the 4th of July or so. Chocolate is the most essential of the major food groups as far as my diet is concerned.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:59 pm 
Seroogy's!!! It's the beast! :bounce
It's only available in De Pere, WI. We always buys pounds of the stuff when we visit for Christmas and then LQ's mom sends us more for other holidays throughout the year. This time it was chocolate lambs, only they got kinda melted so they're not really lamb shaped...but still really tasty!

Lael

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 7:00 pm 
Tonight about 12am, after stuffing about a millions plastic eggs for my younger siblings, I went out to my car to get my cell phone and just as I headed back to the house, there was this little brown bunny. He hopped up over the ditch and stopped about 20 ft from me. It was just a nice little remimder that even though you get to a point in your life when you stop believing in the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy.....in some small (sometimes furry) form they really are real.

Happy hopping little Easter Bunny.
-LadyCallie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:40 pm 
Those Bisc& are nice :)
Happy Easter :kitty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:08 am 
Ahh, easter, my favourite time of year. Just the other day, my friends and I were all crowded around this chocolate book, making all these groaning noises because the chocolate looked so nice [well, we are very big fans of chocolate]. I hate to think what my friend's parents thought if they overheard!

I like those 'Bisc&'s' too :drool v. delicious. I have to say that my favourite are those 'Dream' eggs. Mmmm, white chocolate galour!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:14 am 
Favorite chocolate. Mmmm. The chocolatey kind?

I gotta go with Toblerone. So freakin' good. Want some now. Damn you.

I just got a fondue pot, too. Gotta break it in with warm, gooey, drizzly chocolatey goodness one of these days...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:29 am 
I just came from Easter Mass, and the priest gave this great homily about, believe it or not, peeps! lol, it was really great. He tied it in to the resurrection of course, and it was a really good speech.

Anywho, as for my fav easter candy...hands down, Cadbury creme eggs...mmm..I always have at least one every year...well off to give the niece and nephew their easter baskets, despite a HUGE paper I have to write...take care all, happy easter, happy spring, happy weekend, lol...and peace be with you all :peace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:58 am 
I'm on a work break right now. I have to play for a wedding this afternoon, and I just got home from my morning gig, which involved playing prelude and anthem music at one of the local Episcopal churches. I love the work, but not being able to spend the day with my family sucks. But, in a way, the musicians I've worked with and will work with today are family. We've known each other since college, and have sort of grown up together. We've gone through the relationships, marriages, births, divorces, and career traumas together. So, it'll be a good day anyway, even without Mom's cooking.

Happy Easter, Kittens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:12 am 
White Toblerone, boost bars and Thorntons chocolate are all wonderful. Today I got a Terry's chocolate orange egg though and they are yummy as well.

Happy Easter everyone :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:20 pm 
No enemy of the divine Aztec food here! I enjoy it in many ways - Caramilks, Coffee Crisps, Rolos, Bountys, you name it. I like to get imported stuff too, Lindt makes some good stuff but it's a touch expensive. there's these german bars, though, called Ritter Sport that have been showing up more recently; great flavours (try the mint creme! and the butter biscuit!) and still affordable. The Handy Chocolate Square, indeed.

Oh dear, the rain's starting! Well, happy spring, folks...