The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's 'cold, cold...' and LDR craziness Friday, MKF! 4/18/03
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 10:12 pm 
Daily threaderiffic. The 'cold, cold. . .' bit from RENT, because somehow Roger/Mimi always reminded me a bit of our girls. . . Especially with the Glory arc and Willow and the food in her hair. But

The point of this all is that I'm in a long distance relationship and I miss my girl. A lot. And I know that many many kittens are also in LDRs, so I was wondering if they wanted to share their experiences - not even how they met their loves, since there's a thread for that, somewhere, but how they maintain their relationships in pretty functioning ways.

Since I'm feeling fairly disfunctional, at the moment.

But since I started it, I'll start anyway. . . Most of all, my mother has a wonderful phone plan where long distance is free, so that's great from home, and when that's not accessable there's my cell phone. We're also big on mix tapes and crazy random packages. Online diaries, too. . . But yeah, I'm sure some of you kittens have crazy wonderful spectabulous ideas. So. ::drumroll please::

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:49 am 
My g/f is about 200 miles away from me most of the time as we're studying in different cities. We see each other some weekends, I go visit her but it's really difficult to leave! She has been really stressed out lately as her final exams are getting closer and she has tonnes of work to do.

It's very difficult being apart, but this (academic) year is nearly over with, I am so looking forward to the summer! - and after that we will both be living in London...

But in the meantime, it's really difficult...! I haven't seen her in nearly a month and I miss her! :sob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 8:03 am 
My gf lives 50 miles away. Sometimes, it might as well be 5000. Let's just say that she and I have some issues.

The best advice I can give is this: don't try to save the hard stuff for your face-to-face meetings. You'll never get around to it. Don't be afraid to argue over the phone, or via e-mail or IM. Every relationship has conflicts that need to be addressed, and when you're in a LDR you have to be willing to deal with them now, not later. Otherwise, you'll just stay in the "I miss you soooo much," zone the entire time you're apart, and you'll never really communicate with each other. Then, when you're finally able to move in together, you'll realize that you don't know each other very well at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:49 pm 
Sorry to co-opt the topic, I just needed use of the daily thread.

To announce that I'm back from the dead! Feels like that, anyway. I've been down with the worst stomach bug ever for the past 2 days, and I'm finally up and about again. It's quite a relief, even though I'm still a bit woozy and dehydrated.

Thanks for listening, back to your regularly scheduled thread. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:54 pm 
Ew Kalita, did you see Elvis while you where there? :p
I haven't had one of those in 15 years or so, well once I was ill for a day 10 years ago, but that was because of that salmon salade that was overdate and I had to sit in a teeny tiny room where they were growing bacteria in petriedishes, that gives of one off the worst smells there is. [img:55ebd370ef]http://mysmilies.creativesell.net/otn/other/icon2.gif[/img:55ebd370ef]

Well this brought back some lovely memories, thanks Kalita. [img:55ebd370ef]http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/3dlil/ugh.gif[/img:55ebd370ef]

I am glad to hear you are doing better of course. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:40 pm 
This day was My Sweet 16th Bday! just thought everyone should know!