The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FIC: The Sweater (small, small fic)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:37 pm 
TITLE: The Sweater
AUTHOR: Straight Willow
E-MAIL: straightwillow2@hotmail.com
DISTRIBUTION: You want it? Take it. Email me and let me know where you have put it!
SPOILERS: Up to New Moon. That’s about it!!!
CONTENT: W/T
RATING: PG (nothing special)
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Buffy, Willow, or Tara, or anyone from BTVS Blah, Blah...Joss...King...God....whatever
SUMMARY: During new moon rising when Willow comes in to Tara’s room to explain why OZ spent the night. Before the “extraflamey” scene.
NOTE: I hope I don’t offend anyone by saying this but because I am not gay the girl-girl chatter and interactions may not be all that good. I’m just a dumb chick that happens to be a huge W/T relationshipper. Actually come to think of it you don’t have to be gay to know ‘love’ so I should be shot for saying that really. Sorry!
First Fanfic so sorry about the messy setup.

Willow:”…I wanna know what to do but….I don’t.”
Tara:” Do what makes you hh-happy.”
(Hugs)
Willow: Tara……how can I find that out??? I mean I know what would make me happy-“
Tara:Yes…..ww-what is that???
Willow: I don’t think I want to decide yet. Its so hard, yet so easy to decide….I mean….ah…..so confused.
(Tara Looks down and starts to back away)
Willow: No! Wait! That is not what I meant. Ahhhh! I know I want to be with you Tara more than anything, in fact I haven’t been able to think clearly for a while now ‘cause all I think about is you….us….you and me…the two of us…you know ……together. But……the inevitable but, Oz left things really open and before I could even think about getting into another relationship because I need to find out how I feel about him. And a person can not give their all in a relationship if that said person has feelings for some old flame, well not old, but not new….ah…. …. I mean he was my first love, my first real boyfriend, hell, he was my first many things. (raises an eyebrow, sees Tara shrug and back away) But, that’s not important now.
Tara: I-I understand Will……really. I just want you to know that I will be here no matter what you do and (sits on the bed) I’ve never had a friend like you before.
Willow: I’m sure you’ve had some great friends Tara I mea-
Tara: No! None that I’ve wanted to hold and love….I mean……(can’t believe she just said love)….None like you willow. You’re special, I’ve known that since out first Wicca meeting. I knew that we were meant to be together since the day we moved that soda machine in the laundry room.
Willow: (takes off her sweater, sits beside Tara and gently holds one of her hands in her lap)…….I…..I want that too Tara….more than you know. Again I say the “but”……. I need to find out how I feel about Oz.
Tara: I know…..goddess….I understand.
Willow: But Tara…….(turns to face Tara)…look at me please. I do know that I have loved being me more than I ever have been before since I have been with you….er…wait I mean…..I don’t think that came out right. What I mean to say was-
Tarahhhh (chuckle) I get it Will. I feel the same way. But then I guess you already knew that huh???
(There is an odd couple minutes of silence while Willow caresses Tara’s one hand in between both of hers)
Willow: Tara one last thing…I…..
(Willow pauses, almost forgetting what she was going to say and as soon as Tara looked at Willow they both knew to draw their lips together. As if it was planned out and discussed ahead of time. They kiss slowly, softly, and briefly.)
Willow: We….ll……uh-huh.
Tara: Tt-that’s ww-what I was going to ss-say!
(Another long gazing pause in the events)
Willow: (looking at her watch) I really have to get to class Tara. (another long pause) You know I’m gonna be busy tonight JUST talking with Oz and if it’s ok maybe I’ll come by tomorrow around lunch time.
Tara: Sure.
(Willow gets up opens the door)
Tara: …uh…Will…..honestly though……you have to do what makes you happy and ddd-don’t worry about me ok???
Willow: Thanks Tara….for everything. (winks and leaves)
(While cheering in her head because she got a wink from Willow, Tara turns around and sees Willow’s Sweater on the chair. She picks it up smells it and puts it on.)
Tara: Happy……..what was I thinking?? I should have made a plea or something…….ahhhhhh. (Gathering her books) I should have said that he doesn’t deserve you, and that he left you broken hearted before and that I NEVER would do that. Oh goddess.
(Tara grabs her bag and heads out the door for class. On her way she sees a man and a woman sitting on the bench talking and cuddling. What was I thinking…….she’s gonna pick Oz.

Little does she know that Joss is the king and reunions are better served “extra-flamey.”

THE END
THANKS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:45 pm 
You don't have to be gay to experience love. Nope. That's true. Ahem. Nice point you made there. What was it exactly?

Personally, I like my fics with some narration in them, although you seem to have done okay with the dialogue. You are very pro-Willow/Tara which is good, although I'm not sure what your point about Oz is in this story.

Perhaps you could write a part 2?

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:10 pm 
Yeah part 2!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:30 am 
Straightwillow2: I always like reading fics set in Season 4 because most everything that happened between these two happened OFF screen. And honestly, I've always wondered how Tara ended up wearing Willow's sweater. So thanks for giving a possible explanation.

Please post soon. And BTW, I totally applaud your effort. I'm also straight and I absolutely adore W/T. I love reading about them. I love talking about them. I just love them period. Oh, and I would encourage you to register. Everyone here is very open and welcoming, so post away with pride!

--Sela

[This message has been edited by Sela (edited March 29, 2002).]