The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why does fanfic rock?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:13 pm 
Honestly, what I require from a good Willow/Tara story is a combination of several things. I need platonic love, I need relationship love, I need sexual love. I need everything we don't get to see onscreen and all the stuff we do. But above all, I need the story to be faithful to the characters. That means dialogue, mannerisms, facial expressions, everything.

What can I say? I'm picky about what I like.

My website : Lesbo Street Cred

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:47 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by tommo:
above all, I need the story to be faithful to the characters. That means dialogue, mannerisms, facial expressions, everything.

Exactly why i like your fic Ruth...I can really visualise the characters, almost as if I where watching an eppy. Thats the mark of any good book...it pulls you completly into that world..and you never wabt to put it down, and you never want it to end...

Oh and thanks for the link

Hugs

------------------
love and kisses

Still Waters Run Deep

" Hi!..um..aw...shit...he he he....'Scuz me..er.. I did'nt mean to..er....expose myself to.. ,ya know..public...*groan* "

Amber...quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:41 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by NewRuthRising:
yes I have and it is all wonderful but i like to have faith that some people appreciate the more, er,platonic shall we say side to it.

Hey not all the stories were smutty I read almost all the Willow/Tara fiction that there is. Some of the best are the lengthy plot one's and Pezzkys series...wow pretty much sums it up.

------------------
Beep, beep
quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:53 pm 
Why does it Rock, well because! Fanfic by definition is written by and for fans. We are the people who love, talk about them, argue about them, greive, weep, cry with and about them.
I came to the Kitten board via "Extre Flamey", mostly a fic site, and before Buffy and Will/Tar there was Voyager, and before that Xena. I guess my point is that I love all fanfic, genre wide.
It is a place where writters can flex their skills and express themselves using characters that they have grown to love from other medias, it is a place where readers can go and see there favorite characters taken to new hieghts, and new lows.
Then there is SMUT, lets be honest we like the hot sweaty smuttness of fanfic.
Fanfic rocks because fanfic is Free.

------------------
"As God as my witness I thought Turkeys could fly." L.Nesman, WKRP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:29 am 
Well in any case, I have been collecting some of my favorite fan fics from here and posting them to my own site.

Currently it is all W/T, what can I say, I am obsessed. But really, my site is more witch focused, so W/T make a lot of sense.

Anyway, you kind find it at http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/fiction.php . All fics are here with permission by the original authors.

Warlock

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/
My Willow&Tara Pages: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/willtara.php
Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
--
I'm ahead of my time. But only by a week.
- Too Much Joy, "I Don't Know"