The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FanFic Announcement
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:47 pm 
Hi all.

As some of you know, I wrote a well-received fanfic series called Never The Twain? (you can read it at http://zahir.150m.com). Now, I'd begun another fanfic--a wild SF crossover starring Willow and Tara--when technical problems with my laptop intervened. So, I began a sequel to Never The Twain? titled From Childhood's Hour.

That story has, imo, gotten bogged down (which is the major reason for a lack of updates). I finally figured out what was wrong. Simply, I didn't really know what the story was about. Not where it counted, in the marrow of the bones. Substituting for passion was an intricately detailed plot that simply-didn't-work. Reading (of all things) Stephen King On Writing made that clear to me (that, and Orson Scott Card's Characters and Viewpoint are the best books for writing I've ever found).

From Childhood's Hour is going on haitus. When I return to it, I'll be posting rewritten chapters with a noticeably different story. More important, it'll have a different feel--more erotic, for one thing, and mysterious. Hopefully, you'll be pleased.

And in the meantime, the first fifth (almost fourth) of Fusion is complete. Pretty soon my technical problems will be solved and it'll be posted.

Just thought you might like to know.

------------------
"O let my name be in the Book of Love.
If it be there, I care not of
That other book Above...
Strike it out! Or write it in anew.
But let it be in the Book of Love!"
--Omar Kyam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:38 pm 
Well, I'm glad to hear something's coming, at least. I was enjoying FCH (as far as it went), but the main story must come first.

Oh, and I look forward to Fusion, as well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:34 am 
On Writing is a great text for writers I must admit. Helped me out alot too. Glad to hear that you are proceeding with Fusion and it is a bold step to halt a fic when Kittens are so into it and re-create it... Zahir I salute you!

Katharyn

------------------
You hear that baby?