The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Fic: Coming Back
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:10 am 
This is getting better and better by the minute. The suspense is killing me. Arrgghh!!!! I want to see Willow and Tara's reactions when they see each other finally after 5 years. Yup, gotta agree. UPDATE PLEASE... LIKE NOW!!!!

------------------
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul... - Pablo Neruda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:45 am 
Oh my God...is there anyway you can possibly crank out the rest of this story by oh say tonight?

This i awesome and I am loving eevry minute of it. I loved Anya...it wouldn't have surprised me if she flew out just to spite everyone. hehe Good old Anya.

Oh Willow...we gonna rock your world...can't wait.

------------------
Love will find a way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:51 am 
Loved the update, can't wait for Willow and Tara to meet - PLEASE CAN IT BE SOON?

*beg* I think Buffy should ring Willow soon!!!

-Sam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:51 am 
This story is just getting better and better. I can't wait to read about Willow's reaction to Tara being found. Of course, i have a feeling you will walk us through the Buffy/Dawn/Tara reunion, so I will have to wait. That's ok. The story is so good I'll keep reading as long as you keep writing!

------------------
TARA: Willow and I always know how to find each other!
ANYA: With yoga?
BUFFYBOT: That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:18 pm 
I got two words for you:

this-is-a-really-wonderful story.

(Okay, I cheated a bit ... sue me).

JD

------------------
"And how long have you known your girlfriend's Tinkerbell?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:20 pm 
Ok that,s it i don,t start reading fics till there Bloodly well finished this is killing me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:45 pm 
More soon, please soon, love this fic... please and thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:37 pm 
this is awesome. more plezzzze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:43 pm 
This is an awesome fic...can't wait til they all get togther!!

------------------
"Hey Will, this is me. It doesn't all have to be good and fine. This is the room where you don't have to be brave. I still love you. If you're worried, you can be worried."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:53 pm 
I'm in total agreement. I want the rest of tis fic tonight. This really has my attention. Very well written.

Sorry, I just woke up... still groggy.

M.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:07 pm 
Fanfic writers need a way to wire their brains to the computer so we can get parts sooner I was kind of hoping Willow picture might trigger something for Tara, maybe real life flesh Willow will trigger something.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:16 pm 
Sooo good.... I need MORE! SOON!

------------------
I have a theory. Some kid is dreaming, and we are all stuck inside his wacky broadway nightmare!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:17 pm 
I'm thinking... Willow babble, Willow smile, Willow hugs, Willow touch, Willow saying very softly but still somewhat unsure.. "Tara?".... will trigger Tara's memory.. I hope, I hope, I hope...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:18 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Jennypeas:
I'm thinking... Willow babble, Willow smile, Willow hugs, Willow touch, Willow saying very softly but still somewhat unsure.. "Tara?".... will trigger Tara's memory.. I hope, I hope, I hope...

My thoughts exactly!

I'm with everyone when they say "UPDATE PLEASE!" And soon, too! Cause the suspence is killing me!

-------------------------
Once you fall for Willow, you stay fallen.
Buffy to Willow about Tara in Normal Again
quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:52 pm 
Okay, I am kind of scared to show myself on this thread without and update. I will try to get through one tonight. (I am still at work.) I wanted to get your opinion on what was going to happen. SO this is a SPOILER Warning for the story. IF YOU DON"T WANT TO KNOW, SKIP THIS PART.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

You see, I am leaning towards not having Tara/Terri's memory come back. Okay, now that does not mean that Willow and Tara don't get back together. Of course they get back together but I want to see them get back together because they are meant to be together, not because they have a past. Yes, it is a blatant take off of Tabula Rosa but hey, if I had orginal thoughts, I would be using all my characters instead someone elses. What do you think?

Thanks for reading my story and for all your kind comments. It has been cathartic to me. I hope that I am not torturing you all to much by dragging things out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:02 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by anon:
What do you think?

Thanks for reading my story and for all your kind comments. It has been cathartic to me. I hope that I am not torturing you all to much by dragging things out.

Well, yes - you are clearly torturing us, but in a nice way.

SPOILERS
To answer your question, I like your idea, but after they are back together because they belong together, I would like to see them know each other as well, so we can see Tara know and love Dawnie and Buffy, as well as so we can find out how she got her amnesia other than a car wreck 'cause what was she even doing on the east coast? Was this all a demon or...
SPOILERS

Having answered your question, may I just say how much I love your story. More, more...quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:03 pm 
Heya.. umm... I think you should go with whatever you want to write. As I think I said at one point, seeing them fall in love all over again (or, at least Tara falling in love all over again) would be sooooo sweet! So, I fully support whatever you choose.

Oh yes... I keep checking for updates, this is extremely well written and I can't wait to see how you tell the story. This is truly wonderful and thank you for sharing with us.

Jae

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:26 pm 
I think you should write whatever you feel comes natural to the story. But since you asked us, I think that it woyld be cool if you had Tara/Teri not remember. Although, if you are going to go that way, remember that when you have Tara adn Willow meet, that you don't accidently have Tara talking with Willow about her Sunnyhell memories. Hope you past more soon
-Will

------------------
"Hear that, baby? You're my always."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 8:17 pm 
You have 3 options.

1. Tara remembers all before she gets back with willow.

2. Tara remembers all after she gets with Willow.

3. Tara never remembers.

It is your fic and of course you decide
But I do like the name Tara better, I'll put in my two cents I don't really want to read willow kisses Teri, does that make sense? I mean even if she doesn't remember, I imagine she'd want to go by the name her mother gave her

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:42 pm 
I was thinking it would be good if Tara remembered everything after she and Willow got back together. So, I agree with xita's #2. But, also (like xita) it's your fic, therefore your choice!

-Aimee

------------------
"Hey Will, this is me. It doesn't all have to be good and fine. This is the room where you don't have to be brave. I still love you. If you're worried, you can be worried." -Tara to Willow in ep. 603 Afterlife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:26 pm 
Um, since you asked, I would rather that Tara did remember, but this is so wonderful that I will enjoy whatever option you decide to go with.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:02 am 
S
P
I
O
L
E
R

I'm w/ the other kittens when they say that you should write what you want to write...but because you asked us our opinion, mine is that they fall back in love without Tara/Teri getting her memory back, but then...when their "doing the deed" for the first time (well, not the first time ever, but you know what I mean) then she gets her memory back...that way we still know that Tara and Willow are meant for each other, and also we can find out how she forgot everything.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

But that's just my opinion.

---------------------------------
Once you fall for Willow, you stay fallen.
Buffy to Willow about Tara in Normal Again

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:01 am 
First to mention I love this fic... I'm an angst lover anything that has them apart and then getting back is great in my book.

S
p
o
i
l
e
r

I lean towards the remembering before they make love. I would think there would be some spark when they finally meet which I hope is soon *wink* *wink*...

------------------
From Out Aug01::: Joss on the Amber/Aly 'Kiss'
"Can we have one that's less like you're going to sleep together in about five minutes"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:18 pm 
I would definitely like to see them connect and fall in love before Tara gets her memory back, but there should something that triggers her memory of being Tara ... maybe Wil & Tara could start doing magick again together and they could locate Tara's soul on the Astral plain ... like they did with Buffy's with Faith - just a thought!!

Also, like the idea of remembering when they make love, but I reckon in real life it would be probably something small, like something someone says or a smell, or going back to Sunnydale and - yay, great idea just hit me - going to the laundry room and remembering the first time she and Willow touched hands and moved the soda machine ...

Whatever you decide, I agree that it's your fic and you should go with what feels right, I'm loving the story anyhow. Any W/T happiness is cool!!!

-Sam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:35 am 
will there be more of this soon?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:29 am 
Darn...I thought it was an update...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:45 am 
me too - got all excited, grabbed a coffee - sad now!

this story has really stuck in my head, I woke up yesterday thinking about it

update soon please - I'm desparate!

B

------------------
Good, cause ... I want my room to be Willow-friendly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:46 am 
I am loving this fic. But, I know I have said that before. I really enjoyed reading that Tara centric part. Whichever way you decide to go with this fic.....well it just doesn't matter as long as Willow and Tara end up together in the end. Speaking of direction.....*looking around* are we gonna see an update soon?!?!? I am very very impatient if you couldn't tell....but now I don't want to rush such a great fic.

------------------
"She practically has 'genuine molded plastic' stamped on her ass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:48 pm 
Okay, I am sorry that I disappeared for so long. It has been a long long long work week. I am eager to get on to the Willow. Tara reunion and I will try to get that done soon but not yet.

Thanks for all your comments. I do want to respond to them personally but I also want to get this post up. SO one of these days, I will respond to all you wonderful people.

As for the question that I asked, thanks for your thoughful comments. I know when I get to that part, it will come out as it is supposed. I hope. If not, oops.

Well, enough of my babble, I am tired and headed for bed. I hope this makes sense. I did not edit this as much as I would have liked but I wanted to get something up for yo u patient kitties. The Tara/ Buffy/ Dawn meeting will be finished tomorrow and we will see Willow soon. Really, this is a Willow/ Tara (not Terri) fiction.

The two had been driving in silence for the last hour. Everything had been talked out. They had prepared to meet their old friend. They had rehearsed lines and known what they were going to say. Both women were very nervous. Both were very jumpy. They had silently agreed to remain quiet, lost in their own thoughts. Neither of their nerves could take conversation.

Dawn remembered the first morning that Tara had made funny shaped pancakes for her. Two weeks had past since Buffy's death. The last of the boxes for Tara and Willow's stuff had been emptied and they had officially moved into the house. It was early in the morning and Dawn had finally decided to get up and go downstairs. She couldn't remember the last time that she had gone downstairs. All she had wanted to do was sleep. She would wake up and see that someone had brought a tray food for her. She would eat a little and go back to sleep. But on that day, she could not stand to be in her room. She heard noise downstairs and sought it out. She did not want to be alone. She found Tara in the kitchen and she coughed.

Tara nearly jumped out of her skin as she turned to face noise. There was fear on her face that quickly turned to relief. "Morning Dawn. I didn't hear you come down. You scared me."

"Sorry. It's really early, what are you doing awake?"

"Sleep has not been something I have been really big on lately. I am afraid to close my eyes. I am afraid I will go back to that place in my head that Glory sent me. You know that I wasn't banished anywhere. I was just shut in my brain and all reason was taken away from me. I am so afraid that I am going to find my way back to that scary place. I am afraid that once there again, I won't find my way out. I know it isn't really reasonable but that is where I am right now. I am afraid to sleep."

"I guess I am the opposite. Sleep has been the only comforting thing I have. I dread waking up." Dawn appreciated talking to Tara because unlike everyone else, Tara did not try to solve the problem. She understood this time. She understood the raw pain that Dawn was growing through. She knew that there was no cure. And she did not hide her pain from Dawn.

"Well, coffee has been my friend. It helps three hours of sleep seem like six hours." Tara started to open drawers and cupboards taking supplies out.

"What are you doing?"

"I am going to make pancakes and you are going to help me eat them. I haven't had access to a kitchen for two years? The kitchen's that they have in the dorms are just not convenient for cooking. So I am going to take advantage of your kitchen. And you are going to help me because I just can't mix the batter with this baseball glove on my hand."

Tara held up her hand to show that she was helpless. Dawn knew that Tara was resourceful enough to find a way to mix the batter without her help but she decided she would help. "I have never made pancakes."

"What? Never? Really, you never have made pancakes. Then it is my duty to show you how. Come on over, and lets get mixing."

They proceeded to make the pancake batter. Dawn excitedly made her first pancake. "Well, am I doing this right?"

"Technically you are doing it correctly but you are truly lacking style. Here let me show you. You see, yours is round and it does look the way a pancake should technically look but what is it really saying?" Dawn looked at Tara as if she had two heads but stepped away from the stove. She watched her teacher awkwardly held the ladle full of batter in her cast-covered hand. She watched as Tara dripped and dragged the batter across the pan. Dawn could not figure out what was being created but eventually, explained. "I like to call this my Willow pancake."

Dawn looked at the pancake and thought it did not look like Willow, it looked like a tree. "Oh I get it, it is a willow tree. What else can you make?"

Tara began to create again. She had the tip of her tongue sticking out as she concentrated on the pancake. She frowned and then smiled, added some batter and waited a moment. "This pancake would be especially for Anya." Tara held up the pan to show Dawn that she was making a rabbit pancake. "I was trying to make a Miss Kitty pancake but then I realized it was a bunny."

Dawn started to laugh at the possibilities of different shapes that they could make. "Could you imagine if we served her a plate full of bunny pancakes. Tara, we could seriously warp everyone. We could give Anya a plate of bunny pancakes, Willow a plate of frog pancakes and what would we give Giles and Xander?"

For the next hour, Dawn and Tara made pancakes. Different shaped pancakes. They laughed and argued about the plan and designs of different pancakes. They ended up throwing most of the pancakes away to the birds but that was okay. For an hour, they both laughed and thought about nothing but pancakes. For Dawn, it was the first day that she noticed the sun was still shining. The pain was still present but the sun was definitely out. Ironically, six years after that silly morning, Tara's funny shaped pancakes were the things that helped them reunite. She believed it was a sign that everything was going to be alright now.

Buffy sat in the passenger seat, unaware of what Dawn was thinking about. Instead she was remembering an evening about three months before Tara disappeared. It was the night she confessed her affair with Spike. Somehow, she ended up with her head in Tara's lap begging not to be forgiven. She couldn't remember ever crying that much. She cried for her mother, for Dawn, for herself, for her friends, and even for Spike. She cried because she was alive and she cried because she knew what death was a like. Sometime during her breakdown, Tara had switched positions and slid onto the floor, leaning against the couch. She did this so she could hug her friend.

Finally, the tears started to stop and Buffy sat up and leaned against the couch. She closed her eyes and let her head lean back on the couch. She felt so drained, in both a good and bad way. Tara sat next to her, patiently allowing her to cry, not interrupting. After many moments, Tara spoke up. "So, why were you crying?"

Buffy looked at Tara and thought that usually her friend was more sensitive. She thought she had clearly expressed why she was crying. She was crying because she was ashamed that she had been sleeping with Spike. She was ashamed that she had been using him to feel something. She was ashamed that he was the only one who made her feel anything. And then she began to understand why Tara had asked her that question.

"Because I am sad, ashamed, and feeling guilty."

"And" Tara prodded her friend.

"And I guess that means that I am alive and feeling things. I guess that means I am not dead."

"Or different. No, that is not true. You are different Buffy. You will always be different because you have seen so much but that does not mean that you are dead. You just proved how deeply you are feeling. Life is hard. You have said that. But you are strong and

"You aren't going to lecture me about sleeping with Spike"

"Well, I would like to say ewe but I am not sure if that is because he is a vampire or if it is just because he is a man and has a penis. You know, I just have never been one for the penis thing. He has done some good things and he has done some horrid things. I have known him post-chip. So I never saw how murderous he can be. What I don't like is that he hurts you and you let him. Don't let him hurt you. You are too precious."

She looked at her friend and thought about the word that had just been used to describe her. Precious. China was precious. Gems were precious. Buffy was not precious. She never thought of herself as precious. Maybe valuable, useful but not precious. But at that moment, she felt precious. And at that moment, she also knew that she was alive. She felt alive.

She thought of that moment, that time of realization. It was soon after that conversation that she started to notice the people around her. She began to connect with Dawn again. It was around that time that she started hanging out more with her friends. She started to feel more a live and she began to be silly again. She did not stop sleeping with Spike right away but she know longer felt as out of control. She no longer felt as guilty. She started to see promise and life.

She knew now that her friend Tara had patiently helped remind her of who she was. Now, she hoped for the opportunity to do the same. She was so afraid of messing up this meeting. Her stomach began to drop when saw the sign for thier destination. They were only five miles away.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:36 pm 
Agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Cliffhanger I'm so excited, i can barley sit still whenever i read your story.
-Will

------------------
"Hear that, baby? You're my always."