The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Fic -For All Your Good Intentions
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:37 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Owl:
AAAAAAAGGGGH! Wonkiness again!
What's up with that? Is it wonky on your screen, jomarch? Other folks? 'cause it's real wonky over here. I feel like a bad beta - because, even though I did not create the wonkiness (to my knowledge), it is there, and I can't fix it! Again, i say AAAgghhh!

P.S. Thanks for the kind words, CanadianKitty.
Jomarch, CHAOS! Hurrah for chaos! (except fot the kind that causes wonkiness.) Danke. Did you really use the Yiddish? cool.

[This message has been edited by Owl (edited March 25, 2002).]

Hey Owl, Its not wonky on my screen now but sometimes, when I load the page it gets kinda wonky. You definitely did not cause it. Its ok. It will all work out in the end (said in nice soothing Tara-voice).

Glad you liked the chaos. I actually have that book and Yes, I did do the yiddish.

Scene - My office, again, there are 3 people on my end and two South Korean guys on the other end of the call)
Jomarch - This is the best we can offer. I've gone through the numbers and this is the best solution (said in voice that sound like I know what I'm doing but really not)
Reply - No, we need a higher rate or we can't meet our returns and this offer sucks (well, they don't use the word suck and they sound all professional and stuff and throw back all these financial terms so this is creative license)

Jomarch - Well, there is this old saying - Gelt gait tzu gelt, you know what I mean??

Reply - Well, there is none on account that I just spoke yiddish to 2 korean guys.

Much put-upon Admin Assistant who is taking notes gives me "the" look (you know, the one that says, I better get a damn good pay rise at my next appraisal) and says - "How do you spell that again??"

Jomarch - "ok, from the top..." (goes through entire spiel and ends with) "We don't want any profits to go to waste guys, no Aroysgeforfen gelt".

Call ends and I get to check pens board.(hee, hee, hee)

*Drakkenfyre* - No, I really don't hate you. I really thought it was not a major cliffhanger. I leave that to the professionals like Sassette and lisa and Wiccachica.quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:47 pm 
Great story, catching up with it now. And yes there is weird formatting. The ' and the " are getting turned into different characters. Either is a mac-pc problem or you know a word problem. If it is word trying saving it as text first and then opening the new text file and copying from there.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited March 31, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:45 pm 
Excellent, jomarch! I'm only gently swaying in my harness right now. So, another big bad...must be Tuesday. I love the presents Giles gave to the gang, and woo hoo! he's staying in Sunnydale!! Uh, not to rush you, but will the next chapter focus more on Willow & Tara? Willow being all happy and puppies is just not healthy. Someone needs to break down her walls so she can be built up again.

Go Owl, Mistress of Punctuation!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:00 pm 
mmm... tasty... this just gets better and better...

ok so i, like pixie would be gently swaying in my harness right now, but i have a small problem....

i never got a harness! got my helmet on but i am plummeting at a high rate of speed....
*flails wildly*
eek! help!

BT

------------------
i'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:03 pm 
*willntlover* - Yes, I thought so too.

*Xita* - Hi Miss moderator Fantastico (I really like saying that out loud and have earned another look from Admin Assistant. Must remeber to close office door when checking pens board). Thanks and I'm glad you like the story. Thanks also for info on how to fix wonkyness, will get beta Owl on it .

*Pixie* - See, gentle slope. Yes, it's Tuesday (well, it is Tuesday where I'm at anyway!!).Ok, has Owl been sending you the chapters??? Just kidding. Next Chapter is Tara and Spike with Willow & Tara goodness as well. Does that make you happy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:04 pm 
*reaches out a hand and catches bulldog_tidnab as she plummets by. Whips extra harness out of her pack and fastens bulldog into it securely. Gives her a gentle push as she lets go.* Happy swinging!

Edited to add: jomarch, even though I am exercising all my wily charms, Owl has not sent me the updates already. (sshh, Owl, she'll hear you! I'm just telling her what you told me to say! Yes, I'll do that again, just be quiet while I'm posting.) Yes, that will make me happy! BTW, it sounds like you're going to have to tell your Admin. Assist. something to explain your odd behavior. And I hope you never get confused when you're conference calling and checking the Pens board/updating your story at the same time. I can just see it: Yes, I've gone through the numbers again and...Willow, oh baby!

[This message has been edited by Pixie (edited March 26, 2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:06 am 
Jomarch-
Anyone who is actually able to use Yiddish effectively in a business conference deserves a prize! Wow. How about you meet me over on spoiler-free island, and I'll give you a niiiice massage, and you can have dibs on the ice cream when it arrives. I'll even play you some songs on my gui-tar. Dar Williams? I think I can swing that...
Nice catch, Pixie!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:36 pm 
Well bad news for me is that insomnia has struck again and good news for kitties is the fact that Super Beta Owl had already beta'ed Ch 5.

*bulldog_tidnab* - Welcome to the harness wearing club, I recommend it highly when reading Sassette, Wiccachica and Lisa's fic. Hope you like this chapter.

*Pixie* - Good catch and yes poor put upon Admin.Assis.needs good explanation. Help! As for the mixing up between calls and the update, let's just say that I am not going to be multi-tasking when I write Ch 7.

*Owl* - You rock! that's it.

Notes - I have it on good authority (cough*Owl* cough) that people will like this chapter. So for all the nice kittens who hung in there on account of the angst and really gently sloping cliff like drops, I do hope you like Ch 5

Spoiler Warning - It has some spoilers up to Normal Again.

Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday.

Rating - PG

Title : For All your Good Intentions
Chapter 5

“Willow, honey……Please stop. Let me come with.” Tara called to Willow who had already made her way to the sidewalk and was deciding which direction she wanted to go.

“Tara, I’m trying to do the storming out bit…….. or rolling out bit anyway! It’s hard enough with the wheelchair and all. If you come with, it’s going to be….,you know…….pointless" she sighed as she looked up at her everything, "I know I’m not as mobile or useful as I was before” Tara vehemently shook her head at that but Willow continued, “please just let me do this. I’m…., I'm just going to the end of the block. I need to do this for me. By myself, ok” with a squeeze to Tara’s hand, she began to wheel herself up the street.

Tara was trying so hard to hold it in. She wanted to call to Willow, to stop her, to follow her. She wanted to do so much. Each time Willow moved out of the vicinity of the street lamp, her heart would clench and only relax when her figure appeared under the next street lamp. She was about to follow when she heard:

“You and red have a fight, did you? Don’t worry, pet - Vampire vision. I can see if any nasties try and take a bite out of her” Spike appeared from behind the tree in the yard.

“Spike” Tara sighed “Mr. Giles is back. I don’t think he would appreciate seeing you here”

“Yeah, I heard the old watcher's back on the clock, so what big bad evil is brewing now?….. Or was he just sick of the blasted English weather?”

“Hhe..he found a prophesy about another demon, Han’thu Ladsha or something, I think. It’s going to try to open Glory’s portal”

“Bloody hell. What’s with these council types? Never had any use for the lot of them! Bearer of bad news. Ate a couple of them early on. Not as good as slayers but certainly got them to shut up with all the prophecy and such. So, you and red have a fight did you?” he probed again.

“Nnno, Mr. Giles wants us to help Buffy with a spell so that we can mask the portal and seal it forever. Willow told him we don’t do magic anymore. Then, she left”

“No wonder” Spike replied as his face was illuminated by his lighting of his cigarette, he continued “With your balance off, you wouldn’t be able to perform a simple blessing much less a blood spell. Watcher’s not too bright, is he? ”

Tara looked at him, “What do you mean, balance?”

“What do you mean, what do I mean? Haven’t you been paying attention, pet? You and super wicca have lost your natural balance. I’m not just talking about the fact that she’s rolling around either. Don’t you get it? Both of you are bloody halves of the same whole - upset one half and the other half over-compensates!”

“But I still don’t..” Tar hesitantly added.

“ What did you do when red got shot?” Spike asked abruptly.

“I, I looked after her and stayed with her. I love her” Tara answered, still not sure where the vampire was going with this. She wasn’t sure why she was even talking to him in the first place. Then she remembered that when he had found out about Warren and his gang and what they had done to Buffy and Willow, he nearly went bezerk. He was the one who had brought a beaten Jonathan and Andrew to the police station and waited in the back until they confessed to everything and implicated Warren in Katrina’s death.

“Of, course you love her. But you’ve not really been yourself, have you pet. No sparkle, no magic anymore. You’re carrying so much pain and guilt. I can practically hear it.”

“What do you know of it” Tara hissed. “I go to bed every night and relive what happened. Only, in my dreams, the outcome is so different. Willow’s not there or I came to sooner or Buffy managed to take Warren out, or I did not call out to her. Four hundred and sixty seven different ways it could have ended differently, Spike. But then I wake up and I see the chair and I carry her to the bathroom and I….. I… So what the hell do you know” she finished, her teeth clenching and her hands in fists at her side.

He was still leaning against the tree. He stubbed out his cigarette and proceeded to light another one. “Did you know that vampires don’t really need to sleep” he asked. “I mean we all need a bit of rest now and then but we don’t really need to sleep.” He looked at Tara who was still breathing deeply but had once again calmed down and was looking at him curious as to where this was leading.

“After the sla.. Buffy died, I began to sleep a lot more. Didn’t need it. Just wanted the darkness and the dreams. One hundred and forty seven different ways where I was faster, more clever, better. Didn’t change a damn thing. Didn’t bring her back. Wonder witch and your Scooby gang did that. Couldn’t keep her here either. She’s stayed because of all of you and Little Bit. Face it blondie, dreams don’t really matter, do they?. Red’s still here - not because of the chair. She’s still here because of you. Your dreams don’t amount to a damn thing. This is reality, pet. Deal with it. Stop with the bloody brooding and giving my poofter sire a run for his money”

Tara just stared wide-eyed at the platinum-haired vampire. The vampire who had just given her the wake-up call of her life. She couldn’t believe what she had heard. She couldn’t believe that he was right. What had she done? Could she fix it?. Thoughts race through her mind at lightning speed.

“Red’s coming back this way, I guess you two have some things to talk about.” With that, Spike turned and walked in the opposite direction.

“Spike” Tara called out urgently. She didn’t even realize she was crying until she tasted the tears. “Thank you” she said sincerely to his departing back. Hoping that he heard, hoping that he understood how much he had just done.

“Tara, is everything ok? Was that Spike?. Oh God, why are you crying? Did Spike make you cry? Stupid Vampire!. Do you want me to go and..” Tara stopped Willow mid-babble by kissing her soundly and wrapping her arms around her. She hung on to Willow for the longest time and once her tears subsided, she pulled back and looked into the beautiful green eyes of the woman whose value was beyond measure.

She took a deep breath and said “I love you. With every beat of my heart and with every breath I take. I love you every second of every day that has passed and every second of all the days to come. You are my true compass. Without you I am lost. I never ever want to be without you ”

“Wow, oh wow!” Willow replied, for once unable to come up with any of her patented babble “I love you too, sweetie”

“I know” Tara replied “I’ve always known. Now I think we should go back and talk to Mr. Giles”

“Ok” Willow nodded “I guess I owe him an apology as well”.

With that, they both made their way back into the house.

Spike flicked his cigarette to the ground as he watched them walk back in. Blood spells and the Han’thu Ladsha, bloody hell, they’re going to need Big Bad back up on this . He only hoped that Giles and Buffy would see that as well.

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 26, 2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:05 pm 
Formatting was good on this part . Also, I love Tara's outburst of love, sigh. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:06 pm 
Love the update!!! Especially loved the aspect of Spike being the voice of reason amidst the storm of emotions. Keep going, oh by the way, my head still hurts a little and it is all your fault!

------------------
"We few, we happy few.."
"We band of buggered.."

[This message has been edited by Drakkenfyre (edited March 26, 2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:50 pm 
pixie - whew! thanks.... i needed that... its nice to be caught for once....

love the update jomarch.... want more...
yes please?

BT

huh... i'm a floating rose now... cool...
------------------
i'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back...

[This message has been edited by bulldog_tidnab (edited March 26, 2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:07 pm 
Jomarch, this is again an excellent update. I love Tara's declaration of love. So sweet. How I wish someone would say the same words to me and soon. sigh Okay, done with the wishful thinking now.

It's great that Spike was the one who brought Tara to the realization that what's important is the here and now. And the here and now means Willow still with her. And in love with her.

Can't wait for the next update. Although I do have this feeling that the next one will not be about smoochies and the sweeties. Probably more on the angst and suspense. Bring it on then.

Oh, look! I'm floating rose too. So, Jomarch, you should keep on posting updates so I could keep on posting replies. And then I'd reach the highest level in no time at all.

------------------
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul... - Pablo Neruda

[This message has been edited by daydreamer (edited March 26, 2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:20 pm 
Eagerly awaiting an apology and of course an explanation why neither of them are willing to do magic.

Willow is fairly obvious of course...but, MORE!

Oooo, and so totally agree with the wise vampire helping Tara. Go deadboy.

------------------
Love will find a way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:39 pm 
Big bad action!! Yay! Loved iit
-Will

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:34 pm 
Great story so far....but i am really pissed. How can my little redheaded beauty be hurt so not liking that. Ok just had to get that off my chest. Good interaction with Spike and Tara. And liked the image of bouncing and getting excited over her gift from Giles..classic Willow. Cant wait til the next update.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:13 pm 
Hi everyone, thanks ever so much for the feedback and encouragement. I actually am writing faster now. I have already sent off Chapter 6 which is longer than Chapter 5 so yahh!.

*Xita* - Hi Miss Moderator Fantastico (again said out in loud voice, but this time my door is closed and Admin. Assist. is not at her desk). Yahh! for the correct format this time and I'm glad you like Tara's speech. I LOVED writing it.

*Drakkenfyre* - Hi Sweetie, sorry about your head. Glad you like this update and see, again gentle slope.

*bulldog_tidnab* - Pixie is good at that! You will get more. I am writing between meetings and deadlines at work but what the heck! Congrats on the floating rose. yahhh you!

*daydreamer* - Possibly not wishful thinking. You never know. Despite what Spike says, some dreams may be good. As for Ch 6, well, some angst, a leeeetle suspense (not much) and some more resolution. Yahhh! you on the floating rose as well. Will promise to write updates so you can post.

*jessan15* - Hey Girl!, I like your story as well (and the great idea on the update page). Well, explanations do abound in Ch 6 but hints have been given early on.

*willntlover* - Glad you loved it.

*wolflord* - Hi, sorry about hurting Willow but it was big bad Warren's fault. So that's where the blame should lie (I'm paraphrasing Giles here). Yes, Willow does the excitement bit really well and I'm glad that came across.

Thanks again you guys.

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 27, 2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:44 pm 
*sniff, sigh* thank you jomarch! That was perfect. I love how Spike sees through all of them, and lets them know it. *tosses more panties at jomarch* Don't worry about your Admin. Assist. - I wrapped them in plain brown paper. Looking forward to the next part!

Go Owl, you Mistress of Punctuation!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 11:51 pm 
I've just read through this whole fic and I'm enjoying it. I like the idea of Willow being injured the way she is, having a permanent reminder of her battles. Sweet moments, and you've built Tara up to be a really complex character. I'm going to continue reading. Thanks.

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:00 am 
*Pixie* - More panties, hon. Thanks and yes, I think admin assistant thanks you for brown paper bag. She has given up on me thuogh as I am currently giggling and writing this while she is in my office trying to get me to sign more documents. Maybe if I offered her your panties??? I am glad you like this chapter. I thought everyone would like a little pick me up from the angsty bits.

*Tommo* - Oh God! Thank you. It is high praise indeed that you like this! Oh God, the pressure, the pressure. (I actually do a lot of financial deals with people older and male and really hard-nosed negeotiators and I'm not fazed) But now, I have to deliver the rest of this story - I do hope you really like the rest of the chapters as well. PS Hope you're feeling better! This smutten is anxiously waiting for the sleep over.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:56 am 
Am enjoying this, and I like how you've shown how astute Spike can be.

------------------
"I could paint you in the dark cause I've studied you with hunger as a work of art"
Collecting You - Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:49 am 
While I haven't had time to post my reaction to the past few updates, I wanted you to know how much i continue to enjoy this story. The panties are flying, the high kicks are planned! Keep up the great work.

BM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:16 pm 
Jomarch: I just finished reading the last chapter, and all I can say is WOW, I got teary-eyed after I read what Tara said to Willow, it was soooo right and beautiful. I can't wait to read more. Hope you write more Willow and Tara goodness.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:37 pm 
Jomarch, Hi sweetie, you can make my head all better by doing one of two things.
1. Kiss it and make it all better*points to forehead*, or
2. GIVE US THE NEXT INSTALLMENT
I leave it up to you. Or you could do both!?!? *smiles with a slight leer*
Oh, by the way, lovin those gentle slopes!

------------------
"We few, we happy few.."
"We band of buggered.."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:58 pm 
*Mollyig* - I'm glad you're along for the ride. Yes, Spike can be a pain but he's been around long enough to actually learn from mistakes.

*Bobo's Mom* - Cool, more panties and just for the record, the higk kicks are after the panties have been flung, yes?

*Lonewolf* - Thanks for the Wow. I like Wow's. Anyway, some resolution in Ch 6 and if all goes according to plan, Ch 7 - major smoochies.

*Drakkenfyre* - Hi sweetie - ok, first, little kiss on your forehead, to make you feel all better. And see below for chapter.

Good Morning again (well for me, anyway). My love beta Owl is celebrating Passover with her family (as she should) and therefore Ch 6 is unbeta'ed. I'm going to post it anyway and will correct the glaring errors later.

Notes : Ok, I remember saying that there is more resolution and only a little angst, well I think I kept my promise. What do you think? Feedback greatly appreciated. Enjoy.

Spoiler Warning - It has some spoilers up to Normal Again.
Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday.
Rating - PG .
Title : For All your Good Intentions

Chapter 6

¡§Hey there, Will. You ok? Need any chocolaty goodness or a pizza or I could spot you a twenty??¡¨ Xander asked as the two witches made their way back into the house.

¡§I¡¦m good¡¨ Willow replied as she reached for Tara¡¦s hand on her shoulder. She wanted that physical affirmation. Something had happened outside -something Spike may have said. The heartfelt words that rained on her from Tara made her heart soar. Made her feel invincible, made her feel like she could walk.

¡§Giles, I owe you an apology¡¨ she added.

¡§No, Willow, you don¡¦t. I understand completely. I¡¦m sorry, I didn¡¦t realize you and Tara had stopped practicing. It was stupid of me to assume¡K. I am sorry¡¨

¡§But that still leaves the Demon Hanson Lambda¡K..¡¨ Buffy trailed off

¡§Han¡¦thu Ladsha¡¨ Anya added helpfully ¡§About 8 feet tall, dog like features -very strong and nasty. This one time, I was near a village that forgot to give him his usual ritual sacrifice, so he gutted them¡¨

¡§He burnt the village down?¡¨ Willow ventured.

¡§No, I mean he went in and gutted each and every villager and hung them from their front doors. He could hold the entire village in his thrall, they did not have a chance to run away.¡¨ Silence fell as they all took in the grisly description that Anya had provided.

Tara looked around the room. She looked at all the faces of her loved ones, her family. She loved Willow with all her being, all her soul. But the love she felt for the people here was also very strong. She would try anything for them and for Willow. So she put on her resolve face (the one she stole from her love), ¡§I¡KI, think we should do the spell¡¨.

Willow knew deep down that Tara was going to say that, so she did not join in the looks of surprised etched on the faces of everyone else. But she was afraid -so afraid of doing magic again. So afraid that things would turn out so very, very wrong, once again. It did not matter if it was light based or dark. All she knew - all she remembered was that every time she did magic, bad things would eventually happen - Bad, bad things. Maybe not immediately but always later, when she was comfortable and not expecting it. Bad things had a tendency to do that, to sneak up on you. She could not afford that, not anymore.

¡§Tara, are you sure? I mean you haven¡¦t¡K, not since¡K¡¨ taking a deep breath, Buffy continued ¡§Its not a simple spell and it could be dangerous. It probably is, isn¡¦t it Giles?¡¨

¡§Yes¡Kyes, it is quite a powerful spell. It requires one of you to act as a conduit while the other has to follow the ancient ritual movements and recite the spell. Rather involving, I dare say¡¨

¡§I¡¦m sure¡¨ Tara jutted out her chin. She knew Willow was having doubts. She knew that the red-head was not happy with her decision but she also knew that it was the right one to make. She had been walking around in a haze for too long -she had kept too many things inside. The magic had to be released, along with her pain.

Before anyone could speak, she knelt down in front of Willow ¡§Darling, please listen to me. I know you don¡¦t want to do magic anymore but you¡¦ve always been so brave. My brave, brave Willow. You¡¦ve always been there from me, for us. We need to do this, please¡¨ she placed her head in Willow lap and let her tears flow once again.

Giles knew that he was witnessing something important. He knew what he had to do. ¡§Willow, may I talk to you and Tara in private? ¡¨ he asked.

Willow nodded, she knew that Tara was right, that they had to do this. But she was still so afraid, so frightened to take the plunge, to lose herself . Tara, slowly stood up, she bent down and gently carried Willow out of the chair and towards the back porch. Giles followed behind. He sat on the back steps and watched as Tara lovingly settled Willow on her lap, wrapped her arms around her and sat in the porch swing, swaying gently in the wind.

¡§I don¡¦t need to tell you how much you girls have meant to me. Your love for each other and for me has enriched my life beyond measure. I regret not being here for you. I had thought that it was for the best. I only had the best intentions¡¨ Giles continued, trying to hold back the tears from his voice.

¡§We know, Giles, but what you¡¦re asking me¡K,us to do, it¡¦s not that easy. Magic used to mean so many things to me¡¨ Willow looked at Giles and tried to explain ¡§ It meant I could help Buffy more than before. It meant that I could help save Angel, fight the good fight. Then when I met Tara, it allowed me to connect with her more than I could ever have with Oz or Xander. That was so amazing, Giles. But somehow, I got caught up in controlling it more than letting it flow through me. I wanted to direct it. It was wrong but it felt so good. I got so lost and did so many¡K..¡¨ she couldn¡¦t continue, those memories bombarded her senses.

¡§It¡¦s ok, baby. You don¡¦t have to continue.¡¨ Tara wrapped her arms tighter around Willow, quietly sending her own strength to the frail hacker. Hoping that their connection, though tenuous was still there -it had to be. She saw more clearly now, they had to reclaim their balance.

¡§No, I need to say this!. Giles, I messed up but Tara found me again. But see, magic doesn¡¦t solve anything. I couldn¡¦t help Buffy or Tara when it mattered. I couldn¡¦t stop Warren from shooting Buffy or me and I wouldn¡¦t have been able to stop him if he had gone after Tara¡¨ Willow had to stop, she had given voice to her greatest fear, her mind just could not cope with the thought. The thought that she would not have been able to stop Tara from being injured - that thought chilled her to the bone. Magic was no use to her anymore. It was not real.

¡§Willow¡¨ Giles called softly, ¡§Don¡¦t you see, magic is not the root of your problem. It never was.¡¨

¡§What, but¡K.¡¨ Willow couldn¡¦t believe what she was hearing, luckily, she could feel Tara¡¦s arms securing her, holding her together, giving her strength. She took a deep breath and continued ¡§Giles, magic caused all of this, can¡¦t you see that!¡¨ she pleaded plaintively ¡§Can¡¦t you see???¡¨

¡§My dear girl, my dear sweet girl. Magic did not cause you to get shot, Warren did that. Magic did not cause Tara to leave you the first time, you did that¡¨, he could see her flinch at his harsh words, but he had to do this, he had to continue. ¡§Magic did not cause Buffy to die, it was a decision that she made willingly for all of us. It¡¦s you who can¡¦t see, child. Magic brought the two of you together. It¡¦s a part of you and you can¡¦t deny that or hide it. You would only disrupt the balance¡¨ Giles finished, unknowingly echoing the words of Spike before.

¡§So what are you saying, Mr. Giles? Th- that Willow and I need to do magic again, we need to do spells to reconnect?¡¨

¡§You don¡¦t have to do this blood spell but yes, magic has always been a part of the both of you, innate and intrinsic. Your connection will always be there with or without it. But by tamping down on something so natural, both of you are just expending unnecessary energy. Fighting the inevitable - much like swimming against the tide. Don¡¦t you see, you ARE magic together - You can¡¦t hold it in, not for long. Let it out, it needs to be expressed - It can be, through your love for each other.¡¨ Giles finished, hoping that he had got his message through. Praying that these two special women realized just how special they were, how essential they were, to the world and to each other.

He got up slowly, his back hurt but his heart felt so much lighter than it did this afternoon. If he was being honest, he had not felt like this in such a long time - It was a beautiful feeling. ¡§Well, I should take my leave then. Please think over what I¡¦ve¡K..¡¨

¡§Giles¡¨, Willow cut in as he trailed off. ¡§Thank you, I never realized how much we needed you¡K¡KStill need you¡¨ she leaned back against Tara, feeling her breath on her neck, understanding their connection and rejoicing in their contact. ¡§We¡¦ll do the spell¡K. It¡¦s the right thing to do.¡¨ After saying those words, she realized that they were indeed true. She and Tara needed this as much as Buffy or the world.

¡§Do you think they¡¦re killing him or something, I mean it¡¦s really quiet and there¡¦s no raised voices, so all good. But maybe they knocked him out?¡¨ Buffy postulated, ¡§I sure hope they didn¡¦t knock him out¡¨.

She looked relieved when she heard the back door open and saw Giles (whole and standing) walk through only to be followed by Tara carrying Willow. They looked tired but satisfied, happy even. Tara¡¦s face was different as well. Buffy couldn¡¦t put a finger on it at first. Then she realized that it wasn¡¦t different, Tara looked liked she had once again found her center - she looked serene, at peace, like she did so long ago.

¡§So everything's ok with the watcher and the mega-witches?¡¨ Dawn asked hopefully.

¡§It¡¦s better¡¨ Tara replied smiling unguardedly.

¡§Cool¡¨ Dawn moved forward to bring Willow¡¦s wheelchair to her two touchstones. Things were looking up again - her family was whole and home at last.

Well, Xander thought to himself, Anya¡¦s done it again. His Anya, had help everyone begin to heal, he could not have been more proud. He fingered the velvet-covered box in his pocket. He remembered the last time he had thought of doing this. How he had hid it from them, how he had thought he was doing the right thing, only not. He was not going to make the same mistakes, nosiree, bob!

¡§Uh, I have an umm, an announcement to make¡¨ Xander started. Anya was looking at him curiously; she couldn¡¦t fathom what he wanted to say.

He walked up to where she was sitting and knelt in front of her ¡§Anya, I love you¡¨. She was about to say something but he gently put his finger to her lips, ¡§Please, let me continue. I love you not in spite of the fact that you always talk about money or that you used to discuss our sex life, often and in public. I love you because of IT!. I love you because you see in me the man that I¡¦ve always wanted to be¡K.. I could never see that - I didn¡¦t know how to. But I realize that I could see him, reflected back in your eyes. You¡¦ve always been there for me and I want to be that man for you. Please, please let me try¡¨. He slowly drew out the velvet box from his pocket and offered it to her. ¡§I know you think that I¡¦m doing this because there¡¦s a another big bad on the horizon and another apocalypse. But we live on the hellmouth and there will always be something and I want to face all of it with you, by your side¡¨ he finished.

Buffy, Willow, Dawn, Tara and Giles were staring with open wonder at his heartfelt outburst. Little Xander had finally grown up, had finally grown into his shoes - he had finally realized his worth. Now if only Anya could see beyond her fears, they thought - they wished.

Willow held on tightly to Tara¡¦s hand, she could feel that Tara to was holding her breath, they all were - Please Anya, Willow sent out, please see him for what he is now, not what he was before -Please.

Anya, looked around the room, she saw the faces of the people that she had come to love, come to respect. People she would fight for, die for, even. These people who meant more to her than her real family ever did - who in turn would fight for her, forgive her past and accept her present. She looked down at Xander¡¦s expectant face. With just one word, she could crush him. Make him feel the same pain, he had put her through, break his heart into a million pieces like he did hers - Pieces that she was still trying to collect and make whole.

But she was human now, vengeance was a thing of the past. If Tara could forgive Willow anything, then likewise, she could learn and forgive Xander - had already forgiven him, she could allow him to heal her heart. ¡§Yes¡¨ she answered, ¡§Yes¡¨.

¡§Yahhhhh! WOO HOO¡¨ Buffy and Dawn cheered and hugged each other. Giles, throwing english reserve out the window, went to hug the second official couple of the Scooby gang.

Tara and Willow smiled on, happy that their friends had finally found their way back to each other. They too linked hands and shared a kiss. It was a kiss of promises to come.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:22 pm 
Hello. Beta report here.
email is wonky, so unable to perform beta duties. Also unable to edit Jomarch's posts, so apologize for wonkiness. Cannot fix problem. No passover activities yet. Tomorrow. In the meantime, will see what can be done about the general wonkdom in this thread.
I am a bad, bad beta and should probably be shot. (burbling) *twa hahhaaaaa!*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:26 pm 
Hiya Owl, no you're a GREAT beta so don't worry. Hope you liked Ch 6 and I have to announce that I will not post Ch 7 unbeta'ed.

Sorry to put the pressure on you, sweetie. I have just sent it though. It may need editing (it probably does).

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 27, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:27 pm 
Oh that was so sweet! I like this part. Everyone's so happy... of course... there's still the big bad to deal with.

------------------
"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." -Glory

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:36 pm 
*does a little happy dance* I'm so happy that Xander and Anya are together again, engaged.

I liked how Giles made Willow realize that magic wasn't what casued everything. This was an excellent update, and I can't wait for the next part.

-------------------
Once you fall for Willow, you stay fallen.
Buffy to Willow about Tara in Normal Again

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:53 pm 
Hey Sweetie, I love it and by the way thanks for the kiss on the head it feels better.(well, a little anyway, could use a little more.)
I love the reconnection of all the parties, keep going. I love it.

------------------
"We few, we happy few.."
"We band of buggered.."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:09 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by jomarch:
Cool, more panties and just for the record, the higk kicks are after the panties have been flung, yes?

What self respecting smitten would do her special dance with panties?

Enjoyed the update. Looking forward to more.
quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next