The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: W/T related Wallpapers
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 8:49 am 
hi

just wanted to tell everyone that I'm a major Tara fan. I don't own a website.....yet. But I'm a designer who uses the W/T relationship to inspire my work. I've also done a few wallpapers which is downloadable from the fan art section of my favourite W/T fanfic site Wiccan Ways under the name of Shinnen : http://www.slashaholics.org/wiccanways/

Would love some feedback. I'll brace myself for bricks to be thrown my way.

------------------
She's my girl. She looks at the world in a special way, and I feel special because I'm part of her world. She gets my jokes, she understands. It's magic. I trust her. She'll always find me. She's my girl. - Willow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:21 am 
Hi, Shinnen...
I don't think you need to worry about incoming bricks, your work is just fabulous. Good choice of pictures, and a nice variation of techniques, not too heavy on the effects. Absolutely wonderful work, hope to see more.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:07 pm 
these are really great. my favorites are reconcilliation and moments to remember. where did you get that cute pic of amber in the center of the moments to remember wallpaper? keep up the good work. your wallpaper is now decorating my computer screen. thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:51 pm 
Your wallpapers are simply beautiful. I love them! Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 4:16 pm 
Beautiful work. It appears you spent a god deal of time in planning your compositions...they are lovely. Thank you for sharing with us. We love this kind of stuff around here.

------------------
"You are the star for which all evenings wait."
~for Nicole~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:59 am 
thanks for the absolutely wonderful compliments. Definitely more is being planned now. Just need more higher quality photos to manipulate.

The picture of Amber Benson is actually borrowed from a behind the scenes photo from the movie "Chance". It's a really good photo. Amber deep in thought.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 5:05 am 
Shinnen, these are very beautiful, and very original. Great job and thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:46 pm 
Great wallpapers Shinnen!
Thank you for sharing... Keep it up!

------------------
Reish's little corner of insanity
Come on in... I dare you...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:15 pm 
Does anyone know of sites to submit my W/T wallpapers to? I usually submit to Wiccan Ways but it's only updated once there's enough fictions getting in, i think. Would like to submit to another site as well. Any suggestions?

------------------
She's my girl. She looks at the world in a special way, and I feel special because I'm part of her world. She gets my jokes, she understands. It's magic. I trust her. She'll always find me. She's my girl. - Willow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:42 am 
Excellent wallpapers Shinnen!! I don't know much about submitting stuff since I don't do it myself, but I'm sure someone can help you out.

Michelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 7:52 am 
Thanks for posting the link. These are really beautiful.

Ange.

------------------
"Things are not always what they seem to be...." Shakespare.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:43 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Shinnen:
Does anyone know of sites to submit my W/T wallpapers to? I usually submit to Wiccan Ways but it's only updated once there's enough fictions getting in, i think. Would like to submit to another site as well. Any suggestions?

Have you tried Extra Flamey?quote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:49 am 
thanks.. I hope Extra Flamey does update soon. But I think I'll just have to upload a site soon, design's done just have to do the coding.. heh heh.. I've got a new W/T wallpaper done a few days ago and nowhere to showcase it. :\

But thanks again for all the feedback. Love the feedback so far.

------------------

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 10:39 am 
wicked cool wallapapers!

------------------
Hannah's Home -- My Collective Creative Crap ;)

"Thank you Professor Higgins, after one lesson I feel I can speak perfectly."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:22 pm 
Nice. Very nice!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:38 pm 
OOOOoooookay!

I've arranged to use a yahoo briefcase account to temporary have a place to upload my wallpapers so that I get the freedom of updating anytime I want!

There's a new one up together with the ones posted on Wiccan Ways. I've made some tweaks to the mistakes that I made with them earlier..so those you see in the yahoo briefcase is the latest version of all the wallpapers. Look out for more coming soon.
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/divine_right/

Look in the "My Willow and Tara Artwork" folder. If you like, you can also look at the Moomba festival pictures that I took in Melbourne last year.. not tremendously clear photos because I'm short and there were so many people shoving me around.. but there's still some nice effects created with the shoving. heh heh.. uh... i think i went a little off topic here. Okay... time to shut up before i go waaaaaaay off.

------------------

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:04 am 
Just looked at your wallpapers, and I must say I'm quite impressed. My favorite has to be Moments to Remember, I just love this one. Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:32 am 
Today... I feel pretty good. I decided to make another wallpaper. This time it's called Intimate Contact. I couldn't think of another name. If anyone sees the wallpaper and can come up with a cooler name. Tell me. I'll tweak and change the text.

You'll see why I call it intimate contact. It depicts Willow and Tara's touches. How thye hold hands and stuff. Try to spot which episode or comic i got them from.

Again the link is: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/divine_right/

and the folder is "My Willow and Tara Artwork".

CheerZ

------------------

[This message has been edited by Shinnen (edited March 21, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 11:45 pm 
your wallpapers are wonderful... my boss shares a love for them as well...
she just came out to me as a W/T fan its so funny...
ok... funny to me, had to be there i guess...
*blushes nervously and runs off into the night*

------------------
i'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:04 am 
Hi all

There's an update to my briefcase of Willow and Tara Artwork, 3 new wallpapers. One of which is actually a birthday card for Alyson Hannigan. I know.. I know.. it's a few days late but I couldn't get to an internet connection due to me shifting to a new place. I've been off commissioned for a few days. Now in a internet cafe.

Argh! forgot to include the link just in case http://briefcase.yahoo.com/divine_right/
look under "My Willow and Tara Artwork" folder.
if this link doesn't work....try the link in my previous post above.
------------------

[This message has been edited by Shinnen (edited March 26, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Shinnen (edited March 26, 2002).]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:26 am 
really cool!!!

But are they supposed to be so small.. or am I doing something wrong?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:33 am 
hey all again

i just uploaded a new matching Amber wallpaper to the Alyson one.

Lindy, you're suppose to click the thumbnail of the image you want, when it appears as an individual image, click it again (it's confusing for some but no worries, once i'm online from back home and not an internet cafe, I'll be uploading my wallpaper site, a proper one then there will be no problems...if you still get tiny images, email me.. I'll send you the 1024x768 size jpg to your email.. no worries... just gimme the file name and I'll send it ASAP.

Does everyone get this tiny image problem? Oh and do check back this thread often because I'm currently dead bored and have ideas pouring out of me to test out... every successful tests' outcome is usually a wallpaper... I'll be loading up cd covers and book marks soon. Also if anyone has hi res images of Willow/ Tara/ Alyson/ Amber, do send them to me.. I'm kinda short of good quality images to play with..I'm a res freak..must...have...the...best....*

CheerZ
Shinnen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:06 am 
yo, cool, could you send me the memories.jpg ?

Well, I tried it either way round and they just show up with a 480x360 size.

my e-mail addy is ajm77linda@hotmail.com

and I think I got some high resolution pics of Amber and Aly from the season 6 promo shoot somewhere.