The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fic: Xita's collected Board Fic
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 3:45 pm 
xita
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Quirky
Author: Xita
Email: xita@glweb.com
Summary: The missing Quirky scene from Triangle
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Joss Whedon, WB, Fox and god knows who else owns the
characters, all you need to know is that I don't own them, I just love them.
Archive: If I gave you permission, take it. Otherwise, ask
Willow sat at her desk, meticulously re-copying her notes. She would write a term in black and write the definition in blue. Every new topic was rewarded with red ink. It simplified things, Willow surmised. This way her eyes could easily find the information she needed. Sure she was a genius, but even geniuses needed to organize their information. She was so engrossed that she missed Tara stealthily coming in the room. She almost jumped out of her chair when she felt hands caressing her hair. Willow turned suddenly to see a bewildered Tara.

"I am sorry, what's wrong?" Tara's voice revealed a slightly hurt tone.

"God, I didn't hear you, you scared me." Willow held a hand to her heart, to slow the fast beating.

"I am sorry I was all scary." Tara frowned.

"No, Tara, not you. I just didn't even expect you right now. Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Willow reached out her hand, bringing Tara closer to her.

Tara welcomed the contact as Willow hugged her midriff. "Hmm. No professor was sick or something." Tara kneeled down to be at eye level with her girlfriend. Closing the seemingly immense space between them, Tara placed soft kisses on Willow's cheek.

Willow smiled feeling the warm lips making their way to her own. Tara's hands moved down her sides, settling on her hips. As if on cue, her own hands were moving up Tara's chest to her neck. She held Tara, feeling her lover's pulse under fingers. She felt the rushing of blood as their lips met. Tara pulled Willow closer, needing to feel her lover's body close against her.

"Hmm..." Willow murmured as she pulled away, "loving this, but hmm... I have to get back to doing my notes."

Tara sighed, frustrated, but soon giggled at Willow's notes. She stood up and went to lie down on the bed. Tara found Willow's note system to be very alien. Tara usually just went with the flow. Still it was her Willow, the same one who had a complicated folder system in her bookmarks. The same one that had gotten annoyed when she put back a spell book in the wrong place. Tara couldn't help but chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Willow turned back towards the bed.

"Nothing, it's just. You are so cute. I've never known anybody who copied their notes like that, with 5 different colored pens." Tara smiled.

Instantly defensive Willow quickly responded, "well, what do you mean by that. I am a good girl, it's what I've always done."

"Oh, Willow, please, I think it's cute. It's just quirky that's all." Tara smiled again.

"Quirky? What do you mean by quirky?" Willow rose from the chair to confront her lover.

"Just quirky, you know, unique hmm. Unusual." Tara began to worry Willow had misunderstood her.

"You mean insane? You think my note taking is insane. I didn't realize it bothered you." Willow was indignant as she joined Tara on the bed.

"No, no. I love it. I love you. It doesn't bother me at all. I just said it was quirky." Tara reached for Willow's hand. Willow didn't respond. They'd had disagreements and misunderstandings so infrequently, neither knew what to do. Tara took Willow's hand and brought it close to her heart.

Something about the action diffused Willow's anger. "I know Tara. I just don't want you to think of me as like Mega-geek."

Lifting the hand to her lips, Tara whispered, "I could never think of you like that. You are always just Willow." Tara smiled the name.

Willow could never resist that smile and today was not exception. She captured the smiling lips with her own and lost herself in Tara's soft kiss. The seconds turned into minutes, as the two wiccans fell against the bed. Slow kisses between them cementing the foundation of their love.

"Willow, aren't you going to go finish your notes?" Tara inquired in between caresses.

"No, it's kind of insane anyway." Willow tried not to betray any negative emotion.

Tara smiled at her lover's well-known stubbornness, "I said quirky." Tara grabbed Willow close and soon made her forget the reason for their short argument.

------------------
Tara: And see those stars along there? That's the bottom of the pineapple.
Willow: It's big.
Tara: Hence the name.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited January 16, 2001).]

Dr.G
Gay Now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh goodie, I was lying here all stalkery-type-like waiting for this. Thank you Xita! This is great!
Looking forward to the sequel, hehehe, and here we have some coloured smileys for Willow:
[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited January 16, 2001).]

april
Gay Now!

oh how cute...willow is definately a virgo. such compulsive organizing. and those bookmarks organized into folders? now why does that remind me of someone...
xita, i'm quite impressed. you're keeping your new year's resolution. except for the "spend less time on the computer" part, anyway.

dr. g, are you going to stalk the entire board? stalking me *and* xita could be a big job...

Dr.G
Gay Now!

April, what can I say? I like a challenge.
And please don't remind her about spending *less* time on the computer, a terrible resolution that.

Warduke
Willowhand

Great fic xita, ever since I saw that W/T exchange in Triangle, I've been waiting for someone to write a fic about it, thanks for doing it xita

Queen of Denial
Doll's eye crystal

that was just AWWWWWW!
great job xita! Put a really big smile on my face.

Jon@han
Cool Monster Fighter

I have a terrible confession to make. I had a job a short time ago that involved indoctrinating the young- er. teaching study skills.
I am singlehandedly responsible for 4 years worth of 13 year olds who recopy their notes in different colors. (And lets not forget that placement on the paper is as important as color to the study process.)

If it weren't for the fact that she is a few years too old, on the wrong coast, and a fictional character; I could have been responsible for some of Willow's "quirkiness".

Sorry. My bad.

------------------
Rev.Jon@han

Roxton
Gay Now!

That was great Xita, I loved it. We should send you over to see Joss. He could have you write the romantic scenes between Willow and Tara.
[This message has been edited by Roxton (edited January 16, 2001).]

Dr.G
Gay Now!

Hehehe that's funny Jon@han, don't feel sorry, if those 13 years old turn out like Willow, they'd be very lucky.
Roxton, that's a great suggestion. Not only *should* Xita write those romantic scenes, I'd bet she'd be great at directing them as well...

BBOvenGuy
Gay Now!

I always ended up taking notes in such a way that they were completely incomprehensible to anyone but me. Perhaps I could have used some lessons from Jon@han, or better yet (nothing personal, Jon@han) from Willow.

april
Gay Now!

actually dr g, i think xita might get a bit too distracted (not to mention jealous) to direct aly and amber in a romantic scene...
when i got bored in class, i would keep myself awake by taking notes with my right hand (i'm lefthanded). i got to the point where i could write pretty quickly and legibly with my right hand that way. it was a good skill to cultivate. being skilled with both hands has its advantages.

Teresa
Doll's eye crystal

Thanks so much for that!!! I really enjoyed it!! I've been wanting to write a scene that would have lead to the quirky line in the show, but I'm just not good at it.

Teresa

Rane
Willowhand

goodies! this was so cute! good job, xita!

FroggyFrog
Floating Rose

Yaaaay!!
Soooper job Xita!!!!

Very beautiful, sweet and lovely...

I've a nice big smile on my face now!

Thank yoooo!!

Froggy

SciFiAcid
Cool Monster Fighter

Ooooo swEEt! Nice ficcie Xita You do those little 'missing' scenes so very well. You should start an entire series.
hehehe

[This message has been edited by SciFiAcid (edited January 16, 2001).]

xita
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Geez folks thank you I find these missing scenes to be the easiest to write, because I just obsess too much about them!
And the note taking: I am nothing like Willow. I am sure it's obvious to everyone. If I took notes, I never looked at them again till a test. Then I couldn't understand them because I usually fell asleep. Every sentence sort of faded away..... lol

Utena
Nether World Anchor

xita that was so cute! i thoroughly enjoyed your latest missing scene installment. i cant wipe the grin off my face ^^;;
april: you can use both hands too? wonderful! ;D honestly though...i cant write with my right but with most things i cant switch back and forth. handy during my softball days

april
Gay Now!

ambidextrous people of the world, unite!
you know utena, being skilled with both hands has uses beyond softball...

tommo
Big Pineapple

April, tut tut, bad girl.

april
Gay Now!

what, what? it's very useful for uh, playing the piano, and...um...typing?
yes, you need nice, strong fingers for those activities...

(and short fingernails)

this is me looking very innocent.

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

xita
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Title: Happy New Year
Author: Xita
Email: xita@glweb.com
Summary: It's New Year's Eve
Rating: g
Disclaimer: Joss Whedon, WB, Fox and god knows who else owns the
characters, all you need to know is that I don't own them, I just love them.
Archive: If I have given permission, take it. Otherwise, ask.
Note: Spoilers up to Into The Woods.
It was New Year's Eve and the scoobies were spending the last minutes of 2000 at Buffy's house. Anya and Xander were sitting together on a sofa, next to Joyce and Dawn. Buffy was walking around playing host, making sure her mom didn't need anything. Giles was doing his best helping Buffy. Tara and Willow were huddled together in a corner, on the floor.

"Is there a reason we are waiting for some apple to fall?" Anya's new millennium meant a whole lot more than it did to most people. She had actually seen the last one. "In the old days, when a new millennium came, people died on the streets, lots of sacrifices, lots of fun. Instead, we watch an apple." Everyone looked at Anya and shook their heads.

"You know, it's New York, they call New York the big apple." Xander tried to show patience and covered for his girlfriend.

"Ok, but if New York is the Apple, why are they dropping New York for the New Year?" Anya asked no one in particular. This time the gang was speechless and shrugged.

"It's a tradition Anya, we don't question tradition." Xander took Anya's hand in his.

"Well, in England we don't sit around waiting for an apple," Giles piped in from the kitchen.

"Yeah, you just have a big Ferris Wheel that doesn't work," Xander said sardonically.

"Oh, please that was a special Millennium event. You can't possibly believe we do that every year." Giles chastised.

Buffy interrupted their banter with a quick reminder, "guys, come get some champagne, I've set it all up at the table. I have sparkling cider for you Dawn." Buffy turned to her mom, suddenly remembering, "What would you like to drink mom?"

Joyce smiled and nodded, "I'll have champagne, but I'll get it Buffy."

Dawn jumped up and ran almost bumping into Buffy. "No mom I'll get yours. Don't get up."

Buffy smiled and watched as all her friends got their drinks and sat down around the living room. "I think we should toast the past year before the new one begins. I know it isn't thanksgiving but I want to say goodbye to the year fondly and thank my fortunes for my Mom's recovery." Everyone raised their glasses for Joyce, a surrogate mother for them all.

Xander and Anya toasted each other quietly, while the Summers girls celebrated their family. Meanwhile, Tara felt a pair of lips tickling her ear, "Tara, look at me." Tara scooted a bit away from Willow so she could turn her body toward her. "This has been the best year of my life and I will never forget it."

Tara's heart soared with Willow's words. Moisture filled her eyes. "You know, undoubtedly that this has been a year of bliss for me. I never dreamed I would ever be this happy."

Willow raised her glass, "I toast to you and I, to us. I want you to know that getting to know you and being your girlfriend has been a privilege. I don't think I deserve to be so happy, but you make it all so easy. I love you." Tara began to raise her own glass, when Willow suddenly remembered, "Ooo... wait, I know what I want to do. I want to do that thing you know, when we cross our arms drink from our glasses."

Tara couldn't help but giggle, remembering the way Willow had made them drink a shake from one glass with two straws. "I love you Willow." They crossed their arms and just as they began to drink their champagne, the countdown ended and the apple fell.

"Oh yes, apple falling, woo hoo." Anya deadpanned.

Everyone laughed in the New Year. Xander and Anya shared a sweet kiss. Willow and Tara looked over at them and were jealous for a minute, before realizing that the only thing stopping them was their own inhibition. Willow took Tara's hand and placed the other one on her cheek. "Happy New Year."

Tara took the initiative and leant forward touching foreheads with Willow. "Happy New Year Willow." They straightened a bit before tilting their heads to the side and closing the space between their lips.

Buffy looked at her friends with their lovers and felt a twinge of jealousy. Unlike her friends, Buffy hadn't had a great year, boyfriend left and mom almost died. Yet, she felt hope. Her mom was here and healthy and it felt good to be responsible. She smiled at her friends, "ok guys break it up, I want New Year's hugs."

Willow and Tara blushed as their lips parted. Willow ran one hand down Tara's long blonde locks before helping her on her feet. Just as Tara began walking towards Dawn for a hug, Willow softly patted her behind. Tara jumped and whispered sternly, "Willow!" Willow giggled before walking over to Buffy for a hug.

After they shared hugs, they sat back down again to watch the television. Each quietly reflected on their dreams for the future. The short silence was interrupted by Anya's loud attempt at a whisper, "We should have gone to a club Xander."

------------------
Tara: And see those stars along there? That's the bottom of the pineapple.
Willow: It's big.
Tara: Hence the name.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited January 01, 2001).]

Dr.G
Gay Now!

WooHoo!
Hey, Xita thanks for starting one of your new years resolutions early! This is great.

Rane
Willowhand

that was absolutely fantastic! thanks xita for starting off the year with a great fic! *hugs*

Warduke
Willowhand

Great fic xita, you wrote Anya perfectly

april
Gay Now!

woo and hoo!! xita's actually keeping a new year's resolution! yay for writing more fanfic...
now how long have you spent on the computer today, huh?

happy happy story. it made me all sniffly.

Roxton
Gay Now!

Thanks Xita, I really enjoyed the story. You've captured Anya's mannerisms perfectly and I love the little pat Willow gave Tara. That was cute.

Kiwiccan
Willowhand

Thank you Xita. I always enjoy your stories.
This was so sweet. However I would like to see a follow-up on what happened after they left the Party. I know you would do that story justice.
------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a
May the Amber Force be with you.

eekiboo
Nether World Anchor

at last seeing Willow and Tara saying ILY to ea. other in my mind makes it all worthwhile! thanks xita! i've included ur story in my ever-growing w/t collection. i'll read the prints i made 2day b4 i linger into w/t dreamland... great new yr for our grrls! and Anya is still hilarious! loved it! a toast! cheers! peace!
------------------
Willow to Buffy: "we have to face it, you can't handle Tara being my girlfriend..." The Yoko Factor

tommo
Big Pineapple

Cute. Very cute. I'd like to say I rung in the New Year in a similar fashion....but hey, we Brits have our 'huge Ferris Wheel' - what more could we want? Heh heh....nice touch there xita. Loved Anya. She's more British than Giles at times.

Utena
Nether World Anchor

hyeeeheeee...xita it was wonderful! you have anya down pat, and the kiss was so sweet!
my favorite part? ass-pattage. *cute*

Dr.G
Gay Now!

Hehehe, watch out: Utena Warrior Princess
Sorry, I'm feeling silly today for a change.
I'm adding ass-pattage to my dictionary. You're right, that was a very nice touch, pardon the pun.

gogirrrr
Willowhand

Xita, excellent story...please continue with this New Years Resolution.....more, please!
kate

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

Author Topic: Short Fic: Shy
xita
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Usual disclaimers, something I wrote while I work on longer fic. The characters don't belong to me, I just love them. Spoilers: You are safe if you've seen Family.
Shy

I know you're shy and I know you fear. Yet, I long to show you, to touch you. The day of your birthday you shocked me by dancing with me. I held out my hand and you followed. I felt your gaze fixed on me as I led you to the dance floor. Then I finally had you in my arms, in front of everyone.

The night before had been so awkward. You were so ashamed for lying to me. I didn't care. So I held you, ecstatic that you hadn't left, that you still loved me. You cried and I still held you, forgiving all because you'd been scared, so scared for so many years. I kissed your forehead as you told me yours story. I stared at you in astonishment. What was that shield that had protected your heart and your soul? For you are the kindest person, you have shown me the virtue of forgiveness. It was so easy to understand your silence on this issue. But that night it began, we finally began. Our hearts and minds were open, our deepest fears and desires exposed.

When we danced, I was so proud. I wanted everyone to know that this courageous woman was my girlfriend, my love. I couldn't believe you'd allowed my hands on your waist with everyone's eyes on us. You are so shy. You must have felt my need because you pulled me so close to you, your cheek on my shoulder, our breasts pressed against each other's. In that moment all I knew was you, all over me, around me, inside me. When the music ended I slowly opened my eyes and felt our feet touch the ground. The look on our friend's faces confirmed what I'd suspected. We'd been floating, you and I. And you're so shy you hung your head, embarrassed. But I beamed, proud of you and our love. Still in my arms, I took your hand. I said our goodbye and took you home to celebrate. You're so shy, but not when we're alone, away from prying eyes. Not with me because I see you and you see me.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited December 26, 2000).]

Dr.G
Gay Now!

I know I said so already, but I'll say it again. This is wonderful. Lovely.
Thanks for posting it, more please...

tommo
Big Pineapple

Xita, how come you know what's in my head? I'm kind of celebrating Christmas later this year as my gf (whom I adore madly) is visiting on the 27th - 3rd. Sigh. And this fic sort of sums up how it is.
Darn it woman.

Kiwiccan
Willowhand

Xita this is so beautiful. It sure is a heart grabber. Ok, I admit it...a wee tear or several moistened my eyes. Deeply touching.
------------------
Paula
--------
Amber FanGirl #1a
May the Amber Force be with you.

Teresa_Roanoke
Cool Monster Fighter

Very cool, Xita. The story and you.

Zahir
Willowhand

I would just like to say for the record that was lovely.
Thank you.

------------------
"O let my name be in the Book of Love.
If it be there, I care not of
That other book Above...
Strike it out! Or write it in anew.
But let it be in the Book of Love!"
--Omar Kyam

april
Gay Now!

sighhh... ah xita, i'm so glad you posted this. too bad that i couldn't hear you read it so well in chat last night...it's so sweet!
thanks, chica. bien hecho.

Warduke
Willowhand

Great story xita

Rane
Willowhand

oye! <~ that's me right now except my computer at home is broken and i'm glad i snuck on to the kitty board via my friends computer because then i'd never have read this. good job xita. i love willow and i think there needs to be more fic about what happened after the dance... hehe... you go girl!

Roxton
Gay Now!

Xita that was so poignant, you must have been in Willow's mind while they were dancing.

xita
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Wow, thanks all of you. I feel motivated to go write. Thank you

Thassa
Floating Rose

Xita, the story is wonderful.

Ressick
Doll's eye crystal

Whoa... awesome jump into that scene. Love it.

[This message has been edited by xita (edited May 27, 2001).]