The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fic: Miss Kitty Finds Love
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 3:12 pm 
BBOvenGuy
Gay Now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This story comes to us from Kuzibah, who is my favorite fic-writer-in-residence over at the Cross & Stake. It was originally part of her "Summer Vacation Series."
If you want to read the entire series (and there is an absolutely fantastic Faith story in it), you can check out Kuzibah's archive at http://www.geocities.com/kuzibahstories

Kuz loves feedback - you can reach her at kuzibah@hotmail.com

And now, on with the story...

Miss Kitty Fantastico Finds Love (6/6)
Part 2 of the Summer Vacation Series
by Kuzibah

Disclaimer: Tara, Willow, Amy, Miss Kitty Fantastico and the situations connected to “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, the WB network, and (apparently) Evil Fox. No connection or ownership by the author is suggested or implied.

"Okay, Willow, you have a good time," Tara said into the phone. "Amy is fine, and I'll see you when you get back."

"Thanks again, Tara," Willow's voice answered, sounding tinny and far away. "I'll send you postcards. And it won't be long."

"I know," Tara said. "I'll talk to you soon. I-I l-love you, W-willow."

Tara could hear the smile in Willow's reply. "I love you, too, Tara," she said.

Tara had hated to rush the conversation, but she couldn't tell Willow she was in the middle of a spell, especially considering she hoped it would be a surprise. Tara hung up the phone and returned to the middle of her bedroom floor, where she had assembled her magickal tools: herbs, candles, and a small cauldron. Amy was perched on top of her cage nearby.

"Okay, just relax, Amy," Tara said, and she lit the candles. She then set a lit cake of incense in the bottom of the cauldron and blew on it gently until it glowed. She piled dried herbs on top, blowing again until they started to smolder. She relaxed, her hands, palms up, on her knees, and inhaled the heady smoke.

"Blessed Goddess," she intoned, "we ask that you deliver your child from this crude form, this mute beast..." The incantation went on for some time, and Tara could feel the mystical energy rising around her, rising through her. She shouted the last of the spell in a mighty crescendo. The power seemed to explode from every pore, dowsing the candles and the incense and scattering them around her.

Nervously, she opened one eye.

Amy's whiskers twitched as she pawed the air. Still a rat, of course.

Tara tried not to feel too discouraged, but it was hard. Still, she had felt something. Touched some magick. It might be a start anyway. She looked around, at the ashy mess strewn around her.

"Sorry, Amy," she murmured, slipping the rat back into her cage, then she left the bedroom to get some water and rags to clean up.

On the other side of her bed, a young woman, naked save for a thick shock of glossy black hair, stood up and stretched, glancing around the room.

"Miaow?" she said.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tara re-entered the room, preoccupied with replaying the spell in her mind, searching for her mistake. When she saw the girl going through her wardrobe she skidded to a stop.

"Amy!" she cried.

The girl turned towards her slowly. "Who?" she said.

Tara glanced at the cage. No, there was Amy, still a rat. Tara's brow furrowed in confusion.

"Pretty clothes," the mysterious girl demanded.

Realization dawned. "Miss Kitty Fantastico?" Tara whispered.

But Miss Kitty had lost interest, and was pulling out clothes again, holding them up before discarding them on the floor.

"Oh, no," Tara said, stepping over to her and pulling her to the bureau. "Here," she said, pushing panties and a bra into her hands. "Put these on, and I'll find you something to wear."

Kitty pulled on the underwear quickly as Tara pulled out a blouse and skirt. "Here we go," she said. "You can wear these while I figure out how to reverse..."

But Miss Kitty had joined her at the bureau and pulled out a black, silky garment. "Pretty," she said. "Soft."

"No, Miss Kitty," Tara said, trying to sound reasonable. "That's a slip. You wear that under your dress. But you don't need that. You won't be human for long."

Kitty hissed at Tara, then pulled the slip over her head.

"Okay," Tara said, "I guess you can wear that for now..."

Miss Kitty stretched her arms above her head and yawned extravagantly. "Bored," she said. "I want to go out."

"Oh, no, no, no," Tara said. "You just sit there until I can figure out what I did." She reached for her notebooks and leafed through quickly.

Kitty plopped down sulkily on the end of the bed, her arms crossed.

Tara found the page and scanned with her fingertip. “Henbane,” she read aloud. “Aconitum. Brainwort.” She surveyed the remains of the earlier spell with dismay. “I’ll be right back,” she told the black-haired girl, and she ran down the hall to her herb chest. She gathered up all the jars she thought she’d need, plus a few more besides, and ran back. She really couldn’t say she was surprised to see the back door open.

Tara ran out and into the street behind her house. “Kitty,” she called. “Kitty!”

Two teenagers smoking under a streetlamp turned in the young witch’s direction. “You looking for a girl in a black dress?”

“Yeah,” said Tara. “Where’d she go?”

“Tommy and Eddie took her with them to the Bronze,” said the girl.

“Rob’s coming by to pick us up in a few minutes,” said the boy. “Do you want to come with us?”

Uncertainly, Tara nodded.

- - - - - - - - - -

She spotted Miss Kitty easily once they arrived. It was difficult to miss her, in fact. She was surrounded by a clump of boys as she writhed madly on the dance floor, grinding against each of them in turn.

“Oh, no,” Tara said to herself. She looked around desperately, trying to find some casual, unobtrusive way to get the girl out of the Bronze and back home. As if. She wished Willow were there, then they could at least do some magickal spell or something. Her powers alone were much diminished.

Kitty was now twisting suggestively between two boys, their hands running over her amply exposed skin.

Tara had to do something. Just go grab her and pull her out, she thought, by physical force, if necessary. She’d be embarrassed, sure, but embarrassment never killed anybody. That’s what they said, anyway. Tara always suspected that was a lie.

Luckily, the song ended, and the dancers began to drift from the floor. Tara ran towards Miss Kitty and grabbed her arm. “Let’s go,” she commanded.

“Hey, Kitty,” said one of the boys. “Who’s your friend?”

Tara blushed furiously. “I’m just going to take her home,” she said softly.

“But the night is young,” another boy insisted. “Let me buy you both a drink.”

”I don’t think that’s such a…”

A girl joined them. “Rave,” she said.

“Rave?” Tara said, a sinking feeling in her chest.

“Where?” said a boy.

“Empty warehouse on Palmetto.”

Miss Kitty raised her arms above her head and shimmied. “Rowr,” she said. “Rave!”

“I don’t think…” Tara began.

But the crowd had started moving towards the parking lot, sweeping Tara along with them.

“Kitty,” she said angrily, trying to get a hold of the girl’s arm. “We are not going to a rave. Now come with me…”

Kitty jumped into a convertible with five boys and perched herself on the back of the seat while three of them held her legs. The car peeled out of the lot.

Tara jumped into another car full of teens. “Follow them,” she commanded.

They caught up with the convertible on Sunnydale’s main drag. Tara convinced her driver to pull up alongside, and she leaned out the window as the cars rolled slowly down the street.

“Kitty,” she shouted. “We are not going to a rave, do you hear me. You are coming home right now…”

In response, Miss Kitty hissed and clawed the air with her fingernails.

“She doesn’t want to go with you,” one of the boys said. “Why don’t you let her alone. She’s a big girl.”

“She’s my… cousin,” Tara said. “I promised to stay with her.”

The cars had stopped at a light now, and two of the boys reached across the gap between them and took hold of Tara’s arms. “Well, come on, then,” said one, and they pulled her out the window and into the convertible.

One boy put his hand on Tara’s thigh. “There’s plenty of us here for a party,” he said, his voice not so much suggestive as plain and clear.

Tara lost it, maybe for the first time in her life.

She grabbed the boy’s wrist, directing all of her magickal energy into his body. His mouth fell open, and his breath was forced out in a sudden yelp. His eyes rolled back in his head and he slumped against the back of the seat. A thin stream of smoke trickled out between his lips.

A sudden, dead silence took possession of the vehicle. Tara turned to the driver. “Pull over,” she growled. He did.

Tara opened the car door and took hold of Miss Kitty’s arm. “Let’s go,” she barked, and the girl followed her meekly.

They marched home through the quiet suburban streets of Sunnydale, back through Tara’s back door and into her bedroom. Miss Kitty sat quietly at the foot of the bed.

Tara threw the required ingredients into her cauldron, muttering the incantation furiously under her breath. The girl before her dwindled, grew dark and furry, and was transformed once again into a mere cat.

Tara sighed with the most complete relief she had ever felt.

An hour and a half later, her room was more or less returned to normal. There were still a few lumps of wax melted into the carpet, but she could fix them with her iron tomorrow. The young witch yawned. Or the next day, she thought.

Miss Kitty Fantastico walked tentatively across the bed and rubbed her head against Tara’s leg. “I’m still mad at you,” Tara said, but she scratched the little creature behind its ear.

Just then the phone rang. Tara picked it up.

“Hi. It’s me,” said Willow’s voice.

“Willow,” Tara said gratefully, sinking down to lie on the bed. Miss Kitty curled against her side.

“Sorry to call so late,” Willow said, “but we just got back from the Aztec pyramids, and I wanted to tell you about them.”

“I was up anyway,” Tara said.

“But how was your day first?” Willow said.

Tara smiled and ran her fingers over Miss Kitty’s neck and back. “Oh, it’s been pretty quiet,” she said.

The End

Roxton
Gay Now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Bob, I really enjoyed the story. I'll definitely have to read the rest of the series. MKF sounds like she can be very mischievous.

Dr.G
Gay Now!

Great story! Thanks for posting it. I'll check out the rest as well.

eekiboo
Nether World Anchor

that was cool BBOvenGuy!
naughty MKF! tsk! tsk! tsk! and Tara telling ILY to Willow was just mmmmmmmmah-velous dahling! i loved it! peace!
------------------
Willow to Buffy: "we have to face it, you can't handle Tara being my girlfriend..." The Yoko Factor

Rane
Willowhand

hey! people are posting fics! yay! i'm going to check out that series cause i love MKF!! thanks!
Tim, weevil lord bunny, writes MKF too. They are absolutely fantastic except it's miss kitty as a kitty not as a human.

BBOvenGuy
Gay Now!

My favorite stories in the Summer Fanfic Series are the ones about Tara (of course), Cordelia, Oz (believe it or not), Riley (also believe it or not), Giles, Faith and Buffy. The whole series could very well be my favorite Buffy fanfic that I didn't write. Certainly in my Top Five at the very least.