The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OT - Shawna Robinson makes Daytona 500 field
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:06 pm 
Some good news for Xita...

Yes, auto racing season is upon us again. Seems like it just ended, too, but such is the long NASCAR schedule.

Shawna Robinson became only the second woman to qualify for the Daytona 500, which will be run this Sunday. She'll start 36th. The only other woman to qualify for the race was Janet Guthrie, who was also the first woman to qualify for the Indianapolis 500. She ran both those races from 1977 to 1980.

More details can be found from the Associated Press.

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"
(...and Marti's rather fond of them, too...)

[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited February 14, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 8:41 pm 
Ok this is awesome. I really like Shawna Robinson, she's very serious about it and determined, plus she's a great driver. This is really truly good news.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:00 pm 
I don't really remember the details, but I believe she was planning on racing about half of the races this year, in preparation for next year, being the first woman to run a full season as a Winston Cup driver. And how cool is that?!

Does she still have the pink car she had last season? I know some people made fun of the girl having a pink car, but I thought it was really cute. In fact, in one of the (two?) races I remember seeing her in, I got really annoyed that the announcers weren't talking about her enough, but you could spot the pink car no matter where in the field it was.

NASCAR SEASON IS HERE!!!!

------------------
bzengo

Willow "Prince of Night, I summon you! Come fill me with your black, naughty evil!"

Joss (Sun Aug 30, 1998)
". . . Sooooo, someone is hoping this season will be less traumatic? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:31 pm 
She had Tropicana as her sponsor for at least part of the year last year. She even did a commercial for them.

Meanwhile, Indy Racing League driver Sarah Fisher - the only woman running the full schedule on any major auto racing circuit anywhere - might not be running this year. Kroger pulled its sponsorship at the end of last year, and her team owner Derek Walker hasn't been able to find a replacement sponsor yet. There are still three weeks to go before the first race of the season, so keep your fingers crossed.

------------------
Remember the Kitten Board Mantra: "Joss is nuts about Tara, Willow/Tara and Amber!"
(...and Marti's rather fond of them, too...)

[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited February 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:45 am 
Hey is Patty Moise still on the circuit? She use to drive a Xena sponsored car.. well Xena and Rhodes furniture I think LOL

Being the Xenite that I am I have the model cars she drove in the Xena colours

LOL I'm going to answer my own question here.. I just found this online and nearly fell off my chair P'ing with laughter when I read the last word LOL

From know your NASCAR....

"Moise, who has mostly switched her love of horsepower to the four-legged variety of late, last raced in the Busch Series in 1998, when she made 19 starts in a Ford Taurus owned by NASCAR Winston Cup driver Michael Waltrip and his wife, Buffy."

[This message has been edited by MoKa (edited February 15, 2002).]