The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Riley factor: EW article about Dawn
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:51 pm 
That Faith theory sounds great and I wish it could be true. But I've read over and over that they want Eliza back and have a great Faith story line but she's too busy with movies and stuff to come back. I wish she would though!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:37 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by j_uk:
What if the Monks didn't know there were two slayers, and so when they did the spell they created Dawn as part Buffy and part Faith.

WOW!! That's a great storyline!! They would have A LOT to work with! Besides, Faith is under control again, since she decided to pay for her crimes, etc... That would definitely be a great storyline! They all would have to accept Faith...

But then they'd have to give some kind of explanation on why Dawn only has Buffy memories... Maybe because Faith was in jail and the trigger to the memories could be Faith being released and all because that would prove she truly changed (because we all know she could easily get out of there) or something. Well, that's their job, but it's for sure a great thing to work with! I miss Faith.

About Dawn, this whole being a Key can still be good for something... like if she was suppose to open this door for a different universe and all, maybe she could hear/feel stuff from this universe to help or something... it would be good to give Dawn some kind of ability...

:-** & [ ]s
Legs

------------------
Things doesn't exist merely because they're stablished. Look at Santa's example: we know what he looks like, what he does, where he lives... we can even name his deers. Unfortunately, it doesn't prove his existence.
quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:19 pm 
If Dawn had been made from both Buffy and Faith, would the portal have accepted only Buffy in place of Dawn?

I'm rather fond of the Wishverse idea myself. I think we'd all like to have another glimpse into that dimension...and at Vamp Willow...and possibly Vamp Tara *massive drooling at the mere thought*...wouldn't it be cool if Buffy were transported there somehow and found that her alt-self was dead and Faith was the one-and-only Slayer (I think it would be Faith rather than Kendra...Kendra wasn't going to last long as a Slayer in any universe) and that Dawn was Faith's sister? Wacky.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:40 pm 
I have an idea. Anya wishes to Hallie that Xander would become a vampire, and Hallie sends the SG into their Wishverse bodies. They have their Wishverse memories and their Buffyverse memories. Faith is the slayer and she thinks Dawn is her daughter. Buffy and Willow just pop up in the factory since that's where they died. VW vamped Tara when Tara came to town and they're together. Crazy isn't it?

------------------
"You made a bear! Undo it! Undo it!"
"Good bye to you/Goodbye to everything that I knew"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:42 pm 
What you said makes total sense, but the portal accepted Buffy because of blood stuff... like, if Faith was sister too, it would have accepted her. But then there's another problem, being a blood thing, Faith and Buffy would have to share blood or at least have some kind of blood tie which we all know (at least so far lol Buffy never had a sister either, so, we never know!) they don't.

This another universe thing is pretty cool too! I totally love that Willow and Xander pretty much ruled that world. It would be interesting to see what would Sunnydale be like if Buffy never came back from one of her deaths and Faith (I'm not really crazy about Kendra) had to be the slayer.... Maybe if the writers come up with some kick @$$ storyline, Eliza Dushku would find time to be in Buffy...

------------------
Things doesn't exist merely because they're stablished. Look at Santa's example: we know what he looks like, what he does, where he lives... we can even name his deers. Unfortunately, it doesn't prove his existence.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:04 pm 
It's also that Buffy (at least at one point) wanted *so* much for Dawn to continue having the "normal" child/teen-hood she never had, but when her father went missing, and her mother died, that just was no longer an option- there is no longer anyone "normal" for Buffy to send Dawn to, no one to look after her, no one to set an example of "regular" behavior.
And lets face it, while Dawn does indeed have "normal" friends (at least a couple), how freakin' normal could life be in Sunnyhell, anyway. Buffy would have to leave the Hellmouth with her sister, and that would only marginaly affect things- Buffy can leave town, but she can't leave The Slayer- it's her destiny.
And by extention, it's Dawn's too, even if M doesnt get that spinoff, even if Dawn does'nt manifest any powers.
Until the character reaches 18 to 20 years of age, when she can strike out on her own, and away from this madness, the mantle of quasi-superhero lies squarely on her shoulders, if for no other reason than self-preservation.
One other thought: if you factor in how long Dawn has *actualy* been alive -just under two years- Tara has been around longer than Joyce as Dawn's parental figure and moral guide: making Tara effectively Dawn's Mother, in my view.
And while not entirely The Slayer's fault, that's even more than Buffy has been, of late.
Guy.
Can you tell I'm a Dawn fan, too? ^_^

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:39 am 
i read somewhere that Joss approached Michelle T. that he has plans for a spin off for Dawn. it's true or not. what will it be about? only Joss knows and if it's true or not. who knows A/A might even have guest appearances as W/T respectively... Dawn is significant in the Buffyverse, eventually her role in Scooby corps will be revealed in time. peace

------------------
Willow and Tara
Willow and Tara's Room

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 2:06 am 
Ok, one more thingy, and I promise to shut up for a while: just what *would* constitute a Dawn series? How would it be different than BtVS or Angel? Heck, how would it be differant than Sabrina or Charmed? What would be the main plot? What would be the show's tone? More humourous? More action/adventure?
What/where would be the setting? Would there be any hold-overs as supporting cast?
-I mean, I know who we would all *like*, but remember, this supposed happy time-killer is about *Dawn*! ^_^
Guy.
Ok, I just want to say how glad I am that I can come here without folks slamming Michelle, or screaming DAWN MUST DIE!! every two posts- it just gets really depressing out there on usenet and the other boards.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:51 pm 
If Dawn ever get her on show, then she'd HAVE to have some kind of speacial feature... and if she finally gets one, why can't she be in Buffy? I mean, she's a kid!! Who will provide for her since she has no mother, her father lives somewhere else, and she'll have no Buffy around? Sounds weird if you ask me.....

:-** & [ ]s
Legs

------------------

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 11:59 pm 
Yeah but that would make dawn some sort of hybrid. Like part Faith part Buffy. And she still is the key, I mean she just doesn openn the gate to all dimensions. Maybe she can channel her "keyness" and open portals at a time. And seiing vamp W/T would be so awesome(mmmmm ) And Faith is in jail but they never said for how long tho so maybe shell pop up.

------------------
<Xander>
"HEY LADY SHE WHO SMELT IT DELT IT!"," so it's like a a giant poltergasm"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 12:31 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by eekiboo:
i read somewhere that Joss approached Michelle T. that he has plans for a spin off for Dawn. it's true or not. what will it be about? only Joss knows and if it's true or not. who knows A/A might even have guest appearances as W/T respectively... Dawn is significant in the Buffyverse, eventually her role in Scooby corps will be revealed in time. peace

I read somewhere that the plan was to have her take over the show in case Sarah bailed out. This was at the time when SMG was saying she wouldn't want to be on any network other than the WB, and she'd just as soon quit if "Buffy" moved.

------------------
Amberholic #1969
Keeper of the kitten spirit that lies in us all
Keeper of the fluffy pink rhinos (don't ask)
The 100th Light for Tara
Bardlet #15 (thanx Angie)
President of Guys Who Love Willow & Tara Fan Club

"Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand."
from 'Witch Hunt' by Rush
quote: