The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aly on Politically Incorrect
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:07 pm 
Heh. I um... got a little distracted from remembering that Aly was going to be on PI last night due to the cute girl on my bed at the time, so uh... anybody who watched the show wanna fill me in on the Aly goodness that I missed? Pretty please?

------------------
Shiver me timberless.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:10 pm 
Julia, she wasn't on last night, she's on it tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:33 pm 
I'm watching this right now, and how adorable is Aly?! But the pimp/former pimp? is so disturbing. And Aly looks uncomfortable sitting next to him. I think if Aly wasn't in this I would have turned it off within the first 5, make that 3 minutes.

[This message has been edited by Pixie (edited February 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:35 pm 
OMG, I cannot tell you how much I hated this show, it was such crap, between Bishop Don "Magic" Juan (a pimp), Bill Maher and Jamie Foxx, Aly and Tammy Bruce (the other guest) couldn’t say anything without being interrupted, these guys couldn’t shut up for one second.

Poor Aly, I am so sorry for her that she had to be on this nasty show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:38 pm 
Poor Aly had to sit next to the pimp!!
I felt so bad. She was quite angry when he was talking about hitting women with his cane. I wish Jamie and the Pimp would have stopped talking so that we could actually hear what Aly and Tammy had to say.

[This message has been edited by TL983 (edited February 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:52 pm 
Didn't watch it. Got a thing about Bill Maher, what is it...oh yeah, I can't stand him.

Anyway the transcript of tonights (2/14) show should be up on the PI website in a few hours. http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/pol ... -02/1.html

What was the topic of tonights show anway?

Warlock

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/
Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
--
"I wish you would stop licking me and untie me!"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:07 pm 
I have to agree with everyone here. The only good thing about this show is that Aly's on it. She does look radiant. But the whole pimp thing is thoroughly disturbing. It's obvious this man is an ignorant lout. Oh, and I can't even believe Jamie Foxx is agreeing with the man, even if he is just trying to be funny. The point is, he's not. Note to Bill: never ever invite this Bishop Pimp guy again. He's an idiot. But again, Aly looks great!!! I wish her the best with Alexis. It's good to know they're still going strong.

--Sela

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:08 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Web Warlock:

What was the topic of tonights show anway?

That's what I was wondering. It just seemed like an excuse to see which of the three (Don "Magic" Juan, Jamie Foxx, and Bill Maher) see who could talk the loudest.

If not for Aly, it would have been a waste of my time.quote:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 11:42 pm 
Poor Aly. As the show went on, it looked like she was trying to recoil further and further into her side of the couch to get away from the Pimp Guy. She seemed genuinely disgusted by him and freaked out by his cane waving.

On the bright side, she looked wonderful and sounds like she's a romantic at heart. Sigh. One thing that always strikes me nowadays is how much, facially, Aly doesn't look like Willow when she does TV interviews, etc. Her essence is SO different that her physical features look different to me. Her jaw looks more angular and her eyes seem brighter and many expressions cross her face that would never cross the face of Willow. (And then there's Aly's California accent!) It just reminds me how much work she puts into Willow and that, even after six years, she's not mailing in her performances. She's not playing herself by any means. She's just a terrific actor.

Edited to add: What was with Tammy Bruce offering up Aly for a date with Jamie Foxx?Aly was saying that she's not really into materialistic gifts and would appreciate a hand-made card, so Jamie says something like, "Well, I wish I was going out with you," because his gf always wants expensive things. Then Tammy says to him, "I'm sure that can be arranged." Oh, really?! I had no idea that all you had to do was express interest in going out with Aly and it could "be arranged." Alexis who? Plus Jamie was being so dang charming during the show that I bet Aly was just DYING to go out with him.

So, once again, poor Aly. And to think she wasted part of a Valentine's Day with those jerks.

[This message has been edited by Willowlicious (edited February 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:27 am 
This is why i never watch this show. The only thing I learned is that I WILL NEVER ever watch anything with Jamie Foxx again, ever. I can hold a grudge pretty well and Jamie Foxx just got added to my hate list.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:56 am 
I don't watch Politically Incorrect. I hate the host. He's such an ass. I watched, though, to support one of our favorite girls, Alyson.

She was very cute. Her smile *sighs happily* was radiantly beautiful! She's got such an expressive face.

That pimp guy reached over a couple of times, had his hand hovering over Aly's arm like he was going to touch her (to express his point) and I was waiting for Alyson to cringe and say something like, "Hey buddy! Keep your hands to yourself!" It would have been fun for her to tell off the pimp. Heehee. I liked this: (Aly to the very flashily dressed pimp) "I think you've got enough diamonds."

Jamie Foxx disappointed me. He's usually a funny comedian. Tonight... he was just horrid.

------------------
Reincarnation: the futile attempt to get the milk back into the can

"I'm a blood-sucking fiend! Look at my outfit!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:57 am 
Dear God that was offensive. I've never seen two men more thrilled with hearing themselves talk about disgusting things.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:00 am 
Politically Incorrect is starting here in about 20 minutes and after reading all your posts I'm a little apprehensive. I can't stand watching this show because I really don't like Bill Mahr or just the show in general, and that pimp guy sounds just horrible. Poor Aly, having to sit next to him! Anyway, I'm still looking forward to seeing her though. I should go get my tape set up!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 7:10 am 
i watched only a little bit of it as it made me murderous, but Aly did look lovely- I was waiting for her to deck the pimp guy, but alas it never happened. as annoying is bill maher is, at least he was able to say something against the pimp& that schmuck Foxx, poor Aly & the other gal never got much of a chance to talk over Jamie& the pimp, but I really liked her sweater- it looked sort of willow to me.
(edited to add wow, when did i move up from floating rose to doll's eye crystal? yay for me)

[This message has been edited by Artemisia (edited February 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 7:22 am 
i agree that the two men were pretty overpowering on last night's show. and that tammy bruce, who i had high hopes for, was kind of a nit in my opinion also. aly looked absolutely beautiful.

one thing - i would have liked to hear what aly had to say (if she could have been heard over all the racket) about the last topic...the juxtaposition of the "general public's" shame of strippers vs. what the "general public" clamors for in the way of entertainment coming from hollywood (i.e. half naked women a la britney spears). in light of aly's maxim (was it maxim or something else?) photos, it would have been interesting to hear her take on the phenomenon. oh well...

------------------
"You can sleep with me!
Well now, that came out a lot more lesbian than it sounded in my head."

[This message has been edited by christa monsta (edited February 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:42 pm 
I have this taped if anyone wants it and season 6 tapes ready to go up to the new epi if anyone needs them i have 8 tapes ready my names was hacked before and i lost everything, if i was supposed to send you a tape before mail me at willowskitten@aol.com with your addy and i'll send it right out.
I just got my new sn, ive been posting on my firneds comp for a while..just notify me if iwas gonna send you a tape befoire or you need season 6 or want alyon politically ioncorrect.

------------------
BabyWillow81: Danni look at this picture . Did You ever notice Amber benson hardly ever wears shoes? I mean they even protrayed her sholess in a scenes in the comic wanna blessed be....

Starrgazr9: ambers a "shoelessphine".
LOL

BabyWillow81: Hmmm Amber, mandy.....you in shower sandals....I must have a thing for "shoelessphines". LOL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 1:59 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Dumbsaint:
Heh. I um... got a little distracted from remembering that Aly was going to be on PI last night due to the cute girl on my bed at the time, so uh... anybody who watched the show wanna fill me in on the Aly goodness that I missed? Pretty please?

Why isn't my life full of these types of distractions? *Sigh*

Anyway, I totally flaked on this show too -- completely forgot about it (and for reasons not nearly as exciting as Julia's). Doesn't sound like I missed much though from what I read here.

Poor Aly -- she seems destined to be over shouted by the idiots of the world. First Tara Reid on Howard, now these yutzes. I hope her next interview is a solo act -- I would really like to hear what she has to say.

------------------
I lurk, therefore I am.
quote:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:09 pm 
I watched PI last night and POOR Aly! first, she looked incredible! Absolutely gorgeous! but now back to the poor Aly! she had to sit just inches away from that nasty bishop pimp guy on that tiny couch and she was obviously disgusted with him. you could tell she was trying to get as far away from him as possible but that couch was too tiny!
And surprisingly I wasn't irritated by Bill last night because he was on Aly's side! Of course they have to sit Aly by the pimp because if he was sat by the irritating lady that kept trying to make funny remarks, no one would want to look at them. and jaime foxx was irritating the hell out of me too. He and the pimp kept interrupting Aly! but I love that Aly took a stand and showed that she was disgusted by the whole hitting with the cane thing which was incredibly disturbing.

Hey babyWillow, where's that pic of Amber from?

*edited to say that instead of double posting, edit your first post and add any additional info there*

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited February 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:22 pm 
Is there anyone who can somehow get this show on a vid for download? We don't get Politically Incorrect here, and even though I really don't like what I've read about the guys, I'd like to have the vid for Aly...

Thanks in advance

Patricia

------------------
"What are they looking at?"
"The hotness of you, doofus!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:36 pm 
shellybean, that pic is from the website of Amber's movie, chance.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:55 pm 
Wow, what an offensive and completely pointless exercise that was. Bill Maher gets paid for that job? I wanted to crawl under the seat cushions right along with Aly.

She looked adorable, though. Can I just say--and mind you I say this as a person of entirely Northern European extraction--that is one. white. girl. I swear, she makes me look swarthy....

So, is this Tammy Bruce really a "well-known lesbian" as xita said? Because I was quite disturbed when she said, indicating that pimp guy, that "this is why some women turn away from men" or words to that effect. Nothing pisses me off like the notion that women "become" lesbians because men are such a**holes. Which isn't to say that many of them aren't--witness 3 of them on this show--but it really grates my cheese that people somehow find ways to make lesbianism about men. I was very disappointed in Ms. Bruce.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 3:02 pm 
I just wanted to let you all know that the transcript of last night's show is now up.
http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/pol ... -02/1.html

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/
Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
--
"I wish you would stop licking me and untie me!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 4:07 pm 
I think she just meant that this is why women turn away from CERTAIN men. But I do agree that I hate it when people assume that women become lesbians because men suck, rather than because they like women better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 5:48 pm 
After reading this i'm thinking is it worth asking someone for a copy or finding somewhere to downlaod it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:12 pm 
This was simply offensive and I was absolutey horrified for Aly. You could tell she was thinking, 'what the hell am I doing here with these losers.'

I was also offended by Tammy Bruce's remarks about why women turn away from men. They couldn't have found three (make that four, with Bill Maher) more ignorant and disgusting people. They didn't deserve to be in Aly's presence!

------------------
She's my everything!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:51 pm 
Gotta agree with everyone here, (mostly) Alyson did indeed look amazing, even when she was obviously disgusted, the pimp guy was an absolute disgrace, and Jamie Foxx is was playing an idiot. I've gotta defend Tammy Bruce though.... She is a lesbian, and used to have a talk radio show on KFI 640 in Los Angeles that I listened to a lot. It was really good to hear from her again. Having listened to her a lot I seriously doubt that she believes that stupid men turn women to lesbians. Her comment was primarilly an insult aimed at that idiot pimp/wannabe religious guy. And having seen the disgraceful preformance my gender put on during that show, I would almost agree with her IF she had been serious.

------------------
The good fight, aye?

[This message has been edited by CPS Boy (edited February 16, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 4:23 am 
I just read the transcript...She really didn't get much to say, did she?
Poor Aly.
And isn't all that talk about beating people enough to get arrested? Or were they just joking? Because it's so very funny to make jokes about that.

[This message has been edited by Twisted Rabbit (edited February 16, 2002).]