The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favourite W/T episodes
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:16 pm 
Hey all.

With the wonder that is syndication I am putting together a tape of all time favorite Willow/Tara Eps.

So far I figure it would have:
Hush (of course)
Family
Tough Love (it is an important part of their relationship)
and The Gift (maybe, if only for the "She's with me" line.)

That's four hours. I could add a bit more.

So here is the question. What do you consider to be the best W/T episodes?

In a similar vein...hmmm..no pun intended...
What songs would consider to be W/T songs? I guess if I'll do a video tape compilation, I might as well burn a CD for the car as well.

Thanks!!!!

BTW, I love this place. This the best Buffy general-W/T specific board I have found.

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@home.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.planetadnd.com/theotherside/
The DnD Community Council: http://www.dndcommunitycouncil.org/nbownw
--
The d20 writer's mantra, "If it's not OGC, let it be."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:25 pm 
Um, New Moon Rising maybe?

Reply to the post below: You're welcome!

[This message has been edited by Ed Wood (edited October 24, 2001).]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:26 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Wood:
Um, New Moon Rising maybe?

Ah yeah! How could I forget that!

Thanks!

------------------
Web Warlock
--
quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:28 pm 
Well My Favorite W/T Eps (It couldn't be just one! ) Are "New Moon rising" (Who can forget that Candle Anyway!) , "Family" , "Tough Love" aaand... I think Bargaining Too... Those have really important moments ,and i'm not saying that there are less important moments! They all are! Just for Being W/T There!
That's all

[This message has been edited by TaraManiac (edited October 24, 2001).]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:35 pm 
Listening to Fear, maybe? for the stargazing...?

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
nocturnal review site

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:42 pm 
I just posted in the daily thread about Out of My Mind, S5E4. Tinkerbell lights and Willow hand.
Oh yeah, is this episode where Willow hugs Tara from behind and tells her she is one of the good guys? While they are doing the moving into together thing.

------------------
Willow smiles and Tara blows out the candle!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:46 pm 
hmmmmmm......i don't think there are any willow/tara moments which can be called LESS important ( yep i'm that prosaic)..........

..........but i think my favourites would have to be Family , New Moon Rising and Listening to Fear. and i also have a really good song to go with the star - gazing , it's this really sweet song called "Big Dipper" about looking at stars as a kid by 'Built to spill' and it be vey vey cute . i think it goes well.

Some of the best songs to go wit' willow and tara are ones like "little green" by joni mitchell....so you can make a CD of Joni Mitchell for sunday morning tara snuggles and another one of 'Built to Spill' for when you are gazing at stars.........

very wise advice....

belle......

------------------
..."it's like i wanna be her....but then it'd be so much harder to stalk her....ya know ?!?!?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:13 pm 
quote:

I just posted in the daily thread about Out of My Mind, S5E4. Tinkerbell lights and Willow hand.
Oh yeah, is this episode where Willow hugs Tara from behind and tells her she is one of the good guys?

No, that's 'Real Me', S5E2.

And how can we forget 'The Body'? The first on-screen W/T kiss, although not in the happiest of surroundings...

------------------
Grrr, Arghh
quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:21 pm 
Who Are You. Subtext unambgiuously becomes text.

The Body. After many annoying scenes where you knew it was only censorshp that prevented them from kissing in circumstances where any other couple would kiss, we're given a heartwrenching scene where Tara finally gets to do what any good SO would do: Comfort her sweetie.

Tough Love The going gets rough, but Willow makes her strongest statements of commitment to Tara yet, in sickness and in health.

Bargaining.A new network, and a new era for the depction of our witches. Cozy domesticity, sweet morning kisses, and sleepytime snuggles. Lovely and natural as breathing. WB should be embarassed.

-len

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:22 pm 
All of them okay if I have to choose!

Hush - because they first met!

Who are you - Flaming O spell

Superstar - because it's so obvious that they're falling in love, the looks, the touches, sigh!

New Moon Rising - Do I have to say why?

Family - Again, I don't really have to say why!

The Body - smoochies (even though they were sad smoochies)

Tough Love - Because it summed up how much they love each other, the applesauce always brings me to tears

The Gift - Because after 4 eps of worrying myself sick, Tara came back!

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 6:16 pm 
My number one W/T ep will always be "New Moon Rising." The girl gets the girl. Unheard of. The world shifted slightly on its axis that night.

(Or to put it another way, the earth moved...)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 11:52 pm 
Without a shadow of a doubt my favorite Willow and Tara episode is "Family".

Next is "New Moon Rising"

Then "Bargaining"

And last but certainly not least "The Gift"

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 2:05 am 
Great idea, although I don't think *I* personally could do it, I'd end up doing all episodes on from Hush - except the episodes that Amber wasn't in!!
Lol, I had *kinda* the same idea a while ago, only I planned to just tape EVERY willow/tara scene!! *sigh* Of course I had no idea how to hook up my vcrs to tape from tape!!
Well if i had to choose the best episodes I'd choose: Hush - *grin* there's just something about those 12 extra seconds of hand holding.
New Moon Rising - 'She's all over you do you know that?'...'Nuf said?!
Family - 'Magic'
Gift - Though there's just the one 'aww' scene, the rest of the episodes SO GREAT that it has to be there anyway!
Also would anyone hit me if I said 'Where the wild things are'?? I know, but I can't help it, AMBER.WITH.PIGGY.TAILS!!! I'm that bad, I'd be willing to sit through all those Buffy/Riley having sex scenes..ohh dear god!

*~Kristy~*

------------------
"Do you love her?"-Willow
Tara stroked a hand over
Willows cheek. "Not
like I love you," she
whispered..."Not yet."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:16 am 
My favourite W/T episode is Hush...because that scene where they join hands and move the soda machine is, in my humble opinion, more intense than all the smootchies in the world!That look they exchanged...it was pure poetry!

I remember watching it with my boyfriend and going:"There is something there..." and his reply was "Nah!You're imagining things"

Then of course, we saw the spell scene at "Who are you", and he had to agree with me!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:31 pm 
Ok, here is what I am going with.
6 hour tape.

Hush
New Moon Rising
Who Are You
Family
Tough Love
The Gift

Using the hand holding pic from "Hush" as the label and the tape that used to hold "Mists of Avalon"...seemed oddly appropriate.

Now the big wait till these episodes are actually on!

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
--

[This message has been edited by Web Warlock (edited October 26, 2001).]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 3:41 pm 
That'll be one badass W/T tape.

Personally, I'd replace "The Gift" with "The Body"...but you know, that's just me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 1:21 pm 
hmmm... only one... i think it would have to be 'tough love' because it brought a more realistic aspect to their relationship, minus the brain sucking part. but all the couples fight, and it was a fight waiting to happen about witchcraft and other things.

my girlfriend thinks it's either 'family' or 'the body' because she likes it when willow freaks out and tara makes it better.

------------------
"i don't get wild, wild on me equals 'spaz'"

"i worship beelzebub! i do his bidding. do you see any goats around? no! because i sacrificed them! all bow before SATAN!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 3:29 pm 
KISMIC. Where did you get that quote in your
signature?

My favorite W/T eps:
Hush
New Moon Rising
Family
The Body
Tough Love
The Gift
Bargaining
Afterlife- the bed scene where Tara tells Willow she does not have to be brave around her. AWWWWWW.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 5:33 pm 
A tape of Willow/Tara episodes? Well Tough love for sure and yes Barganning so many wonderful moments.

I'd be more tempted to make a tape of the Willow/Tara moments more than the whole episodes. A good music clip has been done and can be found on the pens if you need ideas. Sorry I don't have the link for it but it is fab

------------------
Bite me

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 8:37 pm 
you guys have already named all of my favorite w/t eps, but without mentioning any spoilers, i have a feeling that the musical ep will rank high on my list...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:54 pm 
Okay, I linked this thread, and now I am going to bump it as well.
Turns out you were right April, not surprisingly.

To Minion's list I'd like to add:

The Bargaining: too many coupley moments to count, and only Willow can barf up a snake and still look hot doing so.

Once More with Feeling: and the award for the flimsiest excuse and the worst lying performance ever before skipping off to have sex goes to....Willow and Tara. Tada.

Tabula Rasa: and only Willow and Tara can manage making *not* kissing look any hotter than kissing.

More episodes *will* be added before this season is done.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:19 pm 
Cool. I had forgot about this thread.

Yeah even with the angst, season 6 has had some great Willow/Tara moments.

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/

Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
--
"I wish you would stop licking me and untie me!"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:59 am 
mines FAMILY even though i didn't seen the ending when w/t danced. i only saw a clip from it. me other one is THE BODY because w/t had their first kiss in that one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:34 am 
Really hoping my favorite W/T ep is yet to come. But to date I would have to say NMR, Family, Bargaining, After Life, OMWF, Tabula Rasa, oh heck, all of them I guess!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:57 am 
After careful consideration, I think my favorite would have to be Who Are You. "I am, you know- Yours," still gets me like no other line in history. Bring on the wistful sighage, baby.

------------------
Shiver me timberless.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 4:47 pm 
Once More With Feeling, even though that was kind of sad for W/T. It's funny really, but I think OMWF is the most depressing episode of Buffy ever, once you've got past all the singing!

Other than that all those little scenes in Season 4. While it's nice that Tara is part of the Scoobies now, I did like it when it was just Willow and Tara.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 6:43 pm 
This is hard!!! I love all W/T moments but I think my absolute favourite is Tough Love, it just summed up everything!! AWWW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 8:36 pm 
I'm glad this thread has been re-discovered, because it brings to mind many happy memories. My favorite episode will be the one in Season 6 where Willow and Tara are reunited. Until then, however, I'd have to say my favorite is New Moon Rising because the girl actually got the girl. I was on a high for the rest of the week after watching that. Family comes in a close second with the romantic dance and Willow saying she loved Tara. Sigh!

------------------
I'm very seldom naughty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:25 am 
Not having seen many S6 eppys yet [OMWF next week yeah!] I'm leaving this season out and just choosing one.

'Hush' gets my vote, because its the first tme we really see Tara. Its also one of my top 5 bests

However, I'm breaking with the theme to suggest that Ambers performances from 'Tough love' through to 'The Gift' deserve a special mention.

Also Aly's tour-de-force in 'Dopplegangland' is the best I've ever seen her IMO.

I'm sure that's the reason 'D-land' is possibly my favourite BtVS eppy of all. Mind you there are many others, which one will it be next week, I wonder?

------------------
Still Waters Run Deep

*Hands! Hands in new places!*

[This message has been edited by Still Waters Run Deep (edited February 10, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:39 am 
My favorite willow and tara edisodes would have to
The body - there first kiss
family - for many reasons
once more with feeling - so sweet