The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The good old days in Buffy!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:52 pm 
Has anyone else noticed how down Buffy is lately; how nearly every single episode ends in some kind of sad or bad way. And i'm not just going on about this season; i think it started at the end of season 4 and has been building up on itself since. I'm not saying every episode since the end of season 4 has been rubbish; i mean these past couple of seasons has brought us some outstandingly great episodes to remember like 'Hush', 'restless'-wierd but good, 'weight of the world', 'The gift','Bargainings 1'n'2, 'Once more with feeling','smashed' and many more. But Buffy has been noticably building up on a darker side; which has been good but has been better. I think the best season so far has to be season 3; the whole mayor,Faith and Angel and Cordy leaving. Know that people is what i call some good Buffy. Anyway i suppose Joss and co have all got i plan up there sleave for the future happening in Sunnydale.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:58 pm 
Hmm. This is a Willow and Tara board, so do we prefer the seasons when Tara wasn't in the show? Probably not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:03 pm 
I think this has been discussed in the spoilerthread already. And welcome to the board Twiggy!

Patricia

------------------
"What are they looking at?"
"The hotness of you, doofus!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:33 pm 
....Hmmm..I like seasons wif Tawa in it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:36 pm 
hey, i was just watching the Halloween episopde on fx where they all become the things they're dressed as

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:57 pm 
Sky TV in the UK showed several eps of Season 3 today & I have to say I
prefer the later episode, although I do like the baddies in
Season 3!

Season 4 was my favourite, with W & T getting together - very cute
and very exciting to watch. It brings back memories of being
at university and watching the programme in my college TV room.
At the end of I think it was "Where the Wild Things Are" - where
Willow says she'll make it up to Tara, starting right now, then
the credits roll, a group of guys in the corner of the room shouted
their disappointment that they hadn't got to see "hot lesbo action" -
actually I thought it was a very cute scene! At that point I think it was OK
to leave it to the viewers' imaginations (and to the fanficcers I guess!)

The chemistry between W/T is obvious in "Hush" and continues to
the end of the series. I liked Willow explaining her relationship to
her friends & basically how sweet the beginning of W/T was. That is
the good old days !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:16 pm 
It would have been interesting if Tara had been a Sunnydale High student along with the rest of the Scooby gang. I have this image of her lurking in the background, meeting Willow through Miss Calendar or through Amy and being a friend, and having the chemistry with Willow be there but be unspoken. In a way, she would have been having the same kinds of feelings for Willow that Willow had for Xander in those days - only you wouldn't know it until Season 4 came along and they suddenly got together.

I dunno... it could have worked. It would have given the relationship some different shadings from the way it is now, and I can't help wondering what that might have looked like. Or maybe it's just that I miss the good old days of W/T when they weren't getting pounded on every other episode.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:19 pm 
Tara as a Sunnydale High student? Hmmmm .... sounds like an intersting concept. I think some random poster has a fic about that on the Pens Board.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:27 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by BBOvenGuy:
It would have been interesting if Tara had been a Sunnydale High student along with the rest of the Scooby gang. I have this image of her lurking in the background, meeting Willow through Miss Calendar or through Amy and being a friend, and having the chemistry with Willow be there but be unspoken. In a way, she would have been having the same kinds of feelings for Willow that Willow had for Xander in those days - only you wouldn't know it until Season 4 came along and they suddenly got together.

I dunno... it could have worked. It would have given the relationship some different shadings from the way it is now, and I can't help wondering what that might have looked like. Or maybe it's just that I miss the good old days of W/T when they weren't getting pounded on every other episode

It would've been very interesting indeed, Bob! But... was Willow ready for Tara? I think Willow needed to have Oz to get... disillusioned, and then find Tara and realizing romance and longevity can go hand in hand. At 16, you've got this incredibly fantasized view on relationships and such. And the novelty of Tara is what attracted Willow at first, she liked to have someone, or something, that was just "hers".

Perhaps if Willow had known Tara earlier, she wouldn't have been looking at her as a new possibility... I don't know, I think it was timed perfectly. Plus, we got all those "discovery" moments we wouldn't have had if they were long-time buddies...

Then again, just my opinion. Don't flame me with your mighty logics and pointy wits, it is Friday...

------------------
Tara: No, see, 'cause your insect reflection represents your insignificance... in terms of the karmic cycle.
quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:37 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Under Her Spell:
Hmm. This is a Willow and Tara board, so do we prefer the seasons when Tara wasn't in the show? Probably not.

Amen brother, amen.

S3 was good but it will never compare to the later seasons for the simple fact that Tara wasn't on the show then, so how could I (a W/T shipper on a W/T board) possibly think the show was better back then?quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:51 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Morphine:
was Willow ready for Tara? I think Willow needed to have Oz to get... disillusioned, and then find Tara and realizing romance and longevity can go hand in hand. At 16, you've got this incredibly fantasized view on relationships and such. And the novelty of Tara is what attracted Willow at first, she liked to have someone, or something, that was just "hers".

Well, that's what I'm talking about. No, Willow wasn't ready for Tara. What I'm imagining is having Tara as one of the background high school characters, like Larry or Jonathan or Harmony or Percy, who showed up from time to time but weren't really part of the day-to-day action. We could have seen hints that would have made us go "Hmmmm..." but Tara would have been too shy to express her interest.

Then along comes college and it's "Hello there, ever notice you like your eggs sassy?" and it would have been something that was there all along but never noticed.

Hey, it's nothing but a whimsical thought of mine. The relationship came together just fine as it was. quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:16 pm 
Well, I may regret stepping into this one, but what they hay, I'll respond.

First, do I think the show was better without Tara? No, absolutely not. Wouldn't be here, posting as much as do, being a W/T 'shipper and Tara fan in particular if I did.

Do I think the show was better in the earlier high school setting/days? Well, I wouldn't say better, certainly very different. It's almost in some ways like the first three years were one series, and seasons four, five, and six have been a different series.

Do I occasionally get nostalgic for the feel the show had early on? Well, if I'm honest...yeah, sometimes. The show had a spark- kinda new and fresh. And, to be honest, there was a bit more balance between the comedy/drama/camp. Not that I'm not loving the show now, but it's gotten very dark.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:57 pm 
Don't like shows without Tara.
I don't think high school times were better, maybe consistently cheerier but, not better. I don't think Willow would have been ready for Tara probably not even as a friend. Tara sees things you don't want to deal with and I don't think Willow was or is even ready for Tara ramifications. Their love is awesome but, defintely well timed.

------------------
Sugarloaf
Willow and Tara forever