The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wondering if the Kittens have cats :)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:26 am 
I was just curious and we know what that did to the cat if any of the kittens own cats?
I have a wonderful calico cat named Chelsea, who is the current love of my life and i have alot of fun posting about the things she does that make me smile, her human tendencies, her weird little cat habits etc.

I had never had a cat before my ex gave her to me on Valentines Day and have been a cat lover ever since..I have 3 shelves on a bookcase devoted to cat "things" that i have either been given or bought for myself. Not to mention the books, numerous books from The Cat who Went to Paris to books telling me exactly what it means when Chelsea wags her tale a certain way..

She means the world to me and i dont know what id do without her..It would be fun to learn about other kittens and their cats..

------------------
You cannot change the past and the future is not here, live for today..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:33 am 
I've got 2 black & white twins - Thelma & Louise - aka Big-Fat Puss, and Little Puss!

Had them since they were little snarling feral kittens, and they both give top-purrrr action!

[This message has been edited by greep (edited March 29, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by greep (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:26 am 
no cats, though my lovely wife keeps trying to talk me into getting one.

------------------
Sugarloaf
"Due to the recent presidential elections, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:29 am 
I used to have a cat. The cutest little grey and white kitty with one green eye and one blue eye. Her name was Sammy (short for Samantha) but when she was only 3 she got incephalitis and we had to put her to sleep.

That was almost 9 years ago and I'd really like to get another one. I'll wait till I get back to the states and get my own apartment though. I used to have a snake too -- a ball python, I want another one of those too. You think a snake and a cat would get along?

------------------
~La

"No good sittin' worryin' abou' it. What's comin' will
come, an' we'll meet it when it does."
~Hagrid, from "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".

[This message has been edited by La (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:29 am 
I don't have cats, I have 2 doggies, very sweet little fella's. But in a couple of years when I'm all settled and living a stable life, I like to have both cats and dogs. And of course, my cat will be called Miss Kitty Fantastico

Patricia

------------------
"What are they looking at?"
"The hotness of you, doofus!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:55 am 
I don't have any cats now, I used to have a Chinchilla named 'Fluffy' but he died a few years ago. Now I have my two 'pride and joy' dogs, 'Peppe', a eight year old boy poodle/terrier and 'Conny', a six year old girl maltese!!

**Edited a billoin and one times because I was trying to get a photo up but can't figure out how. I'll put it up later if I can!

[This message has been edited by ~KISMIC~ (edited March 29, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by ~KISMIC~ (edited March 30, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:18 am 
i have a cat - Sir Oliver Esquire. or... Ollie to his friends.

he's gorgeous - white with ginger patches... which isn't so gorgeous when he gets dirty. lol.

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
Convention review site

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:28 am 
GREEP: your kitties are cute, cute, cute!
anyhow, you have asked about one of my favorite subjects: my extremely weird cat! His name is Robbie (after Robbie Williams, of course) and he is a gigantic ball of black fur. he is very bizzare and acts more like a dog than a cat but, alas, i love him dearly.
I also have a dog named Skynyrd who's a big dopey mut. He weighs about 75 pounds and looks quite imposing, that is until you've seen him run away from the cat.

------------------
"That's right, puppy. Willow's gonna make you bark."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:08 am 
Yay.... more and more Kittens...of the feline variety...

I don't want to come across all "Better than thou" but I can not allow myself to write this message without saying that my baby...Shadow.... is the most amazing Cat in the Universe....

She is a fluffy moggy and has the most amazing and affectionate temprement...

Also...I have to ad me everlasting belief that

CATS RULE.....

Ok.... Leaving Now...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:12 am 
I had 2 cats, but i lost them.... at poker.

Ange.

------------------
"Things are not always what they seem to be...." Shakespare.
"Once you're fallen for me, you stay fallen..."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:18 am 
My cat is sooooo much cuter than all of yours together... But it's not. It's not cute, I swear! I came across a lost kitten about 4 years ago, and we brought him back home. Back then, he was cute. But he grew into a large fiend from hell, all black with golden shining eyes, a huge massive piece of meat, never purrs, never cuddles. He hunts, he sleeps, he climbs up 30 feet trees, and he roars. He doesn't meow, he roars as a sign of affection. If you'd take a panther and squished it with a hammer (all proportions kept), my cat would probably be the end result.

And I used to have an iguana, but the cat ate it. I had a dog too, but he ran away because of the cat. I used to have a girlfriend too, but she went away. Not because of the cat, because of the iguana...

Anyhow!

------------------
Tara: No, see, 'cause your insect reflection represents your insignificance... in terms of the karmic cycle.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:30 am 
I'm not so much a cat person...I don't hate them or anything...I'm just more of a dog person. My dog's name is Duffy...he's a sweetie!!

--Michelle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:35 am 
We have four cats, all boys: a huge tabby mix named Sabastian, a gorgeous Siamese mix named Badger, a brown/white/orange longhair named George, and an 8 mo. old Siamese kitten named Xander. Xander had a different name at first but wasn't responding to it. We started saying different names to him and he'd always look up when we said 'Xander' so it stuck. I like the name, but I'm not that fond of the character. Xander the cat is awesome though! So beautiful and affectionate! I love Siamese cats.

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:42 am 
Here's the zoo list

10 Cats 2 are mine and 8 are the gf's...she was an LVT at an emergency vet clinic and she brought home many kitties the would otherwise not have lived.

2 ferrets,1 gerbil, 60 gallon tank and we just got 10 baby mallards to raise and release in a river near the house.

It does get a little hectic but it is fun.

Edited to add : oh yeah I'm allergic to cats too... just a little sneezing... thats all

------------------
From Out Aug01::: Joss on the Amber/Aly 'Kiss'
"Can we have one that's less like you're going to sleep together in about five minutes"

[This message has been edited by Willow-n-Tara_1 (edited March 29, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:46 am 
I thought cats had kittens?

None here. Deathly allergic. As in, I get around a cat, my throat swells up, I stop breathing and then I die.

I'll have to settle for the online variety.

warlock

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/
My Willow&Tara Pages: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/willtara.php
Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
--
I'm ahead of my time. But only by a week.
- Too Much Joy, "I Don't Know"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:10 am 
GREEP your cats are adorable. they look just like my "Jerry". He was also a feral cat - he was found with his brother near their mother who was killed. They were taken to a nearby no-kill cat shelter and I was lucky to adopt Jerry over nine years ago. He is still very shy with people except for me and my husband. I love cats dearly - hence my username which was given to me by the people I work with. So it was fated that I become a kitten!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:18 am 
Greep--adorable. Your twins look like my one cat, Daisy, who was rescued starving from underneath my back porch when she was just 3 weeks old.

Michelle--so you're not, like "death to cats?" (your message reminded me of what Willow says to Tara about getting a kitten)

My other cat is my absolute pride and joy. I got her from the SPCA, she's a tortoise shell with pointy tufts on her ears, and she's BRILLIANT. You can just see how smart she is when you look in her eyes. She is the cat that converts all dog-lovers--they can't get over how loyal and affectionate she is. Okay, I could go on and on but I'll stop. Wish I could post pictures of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:38 am 
I, of course, have a cat. He is appropriately named Shadow.
http://lameleg.faithweb.com/shadowkitty.jpg

My father taught him to play fetch. Sometimes I think he gets confused, and thinks he's a dog. lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:14 am 
omg greep, I have a cat quite like those two, a little bit more white just. We got him in 1990, and lately he's been staying outdoors for up to 6 months at a time, so we've given up on him twice allready when he suddenly showed up at the door again. He's quite big and the terror of the neighborhood (the guys anyway, not the girls, theres quite a few kittens around who can blame/thank their existence to him).

------------------
Willow: that was so beautiful, and you didnt even stutter once.
Tara: My heart doesnt stutter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:34 am 
Had a cat, black'n'white, similar to greep's...she had a black spot near her nose (I kinda nicknamed her bugger) but ironically enough we named her Willow. Not because of Buffy, though, I swear ...
I was working a summer job at my town's recreational dept and some kids had found a litter of stray kittens...soooo I picked one for my gf...kitten was approx. two weeks old at the time. She was soooooooo adorable. I took her to the vet, she had an upper respiratory infection.took care of that and had her for about 2 years...
Before that, same kind of cat (Bubbles). Don't ask, my mom had named her. But it was hilarious watching her slide all over the floor for fun. and, of course, running to the small space under the stereo..until she found out that it was protected by a glass door *CLUNK* LOLOL

------------------
"Hey Will, this is me. It doesn't all have to be good and fine. This is the room where you don't have to be brave. I still love you. If you're worried, you can be worried."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:37 am 
One big black cat named Salem here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 9:56 am 
I have the cutest Siamese. She´s 4 months old..... and her name is Brianna .

------------------
Didn't think she'd like my cooking until I realized that was her yummy face. You know how her nose...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:06 am 
I've got a dog that acts like a cat...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:22 am 
Here are my two, helping me during tax time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:48 am 
Awww, Greep and Bob, you're cats are so cute

I have 2 dogs, Katie and Rusty and one cat named Smudge

Smudge also thinks he's a dog and plays fetch, he looks just like Sylvester and is just as naughty

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:51 am 
Bob, what cuties!

I have three. Inky - pure black, Pica - grey tabby, and Willow - pewter grey with a white tummy & paws.

------------------
Autumn

I have the sudden urge to dedicate my productive cooperation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:58 am 
Three cats total. We have an 8 yr. old black cat with a touch of white on his chest named Tuxedo. He was lonely after our 17 year old Pokie passed. So we got him a playmate.

Our two females are Ruth and Idgie. Ruth is a long-haired "mutt" that was born in our neighbor's back yard; her parents are both strays. We found homes for all of her siblings and she was left with no place to go

Tux and Idgie both came from the Tree House Shelter. Our young Idgie looks like greep's kitties and she is true to her character's name.

Thanks for all the great pix!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:09 am 
IP: LoggedAll4W/TFloating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 13:18               
Its pretty cool to hear everyone talk about their pets Morphine you are to funny and Ange "lost it at poker" lol...The pics of the pets are wonderful..I think i have devoted about 40 rolls of film to Chelsea in the 10 years i have had her lol..I even have one of her reading the newspaper, its the sales section of course

I also recently was given a beta, his name is Bert and i swear he knows when im talking to him, although im not sure if fish have ears lol..

IP: Logged

posted March 29, 2002 13:18                Its pretty cool to hear everyone talk about their pets Morphine you are to funny and Ange "lost it at poker" lol...The pics of the pets are wonderful..I think i have devoted about 40 rolls of film to Chelsea in the 10 years i have had her lol..I even have one of her reading the newspaper, its the sales section of course

I also recently was given a beta, his name is Bert and i swear he knows when im talking to him, although im not sure if fish have ears lol..IP: LoggedMrs. CaptMurdockFloating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 14:34               

How Funny yesterday I was posting this same question when some furry person unplugged me.

We have Ozma, Zander, Ash, prince mashmelow,inago.

Most of them are gray and white but for Ash who is stipped gray black with hints of red and white paws and a white chest and tummmy,

We all have our favorits. Ozma was oz and then she had kittens, She is very f-uped in the head but she is getting better after almost two years she can stand to be in the same room as us.

Her brother is zander who is my husband. gental and incharge that him. He was so loving to the kittens.

Rest are mine, Princes who slepps at my feet is a great a play hunting and never allows me to go to the bathroom without her, Ash santered in one day as were cooking chinken. He was so thin. Now he is huge. He loves to eat all deep fried bread, fries, butter, steals my coffee, chicken.

Oh I for got our gay cat. He loves my son to death, They talk all of the time. where one is so is he. I can tell when he will home inago meows to him.

he is named after Inago Mentoya( the princes bride)

Mrs. capt

posted March 29, 2002 14:34                How Funny yesterday I was posting this same question when some furry person unplugged me.

Most of them are gray and white but for Ash who is stipped gray black with hints of red and white paws and a white chest and tummmy,

We all have our favorits. Ozma was oz and then she had kittens, She is very f-uped in the head but she is getting better after almost two years she can stand to be in the same room as us.

Her brother is zander who is my husband. gental and incharge that him. He was so loving to the kittens.

Rest are mine, Princes who slepps at my feet is a great a play hunting and never allows me to go to the bathroom without her, Ash santered in one day as were cooking chinken. He was so thin. Now he is huge. He loves to eat all deep fried bread, fries, butter, steals my coffee, chicken.

Oh I for got our gay cat. He loves my son to death, They talk all of the time. where one is so is he. I can tell when he will home inago meows to him.

Mrs. captIP: LoggedVedaBlessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 14:57               

Oh man. I can't resist when it comes to posting pictures of my cats.

On the left is Willow, and on the right is Neeko.

posted March 29, 2002 14:57                Oh man. I can't resist when it comes to posting pictures of my cats.

On the left is Willow, and on the right is Neeko.IP: LoggedDianaBouvierFloating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 15:20               

I have 6 dogs and 4 kitties.

Kyle 16 is black with three tiny white tuffs of fur on his tummy. He's an attention hog and must sleep on his own pillow at the head of the bed.

Dusty kitty, 1 1/2, is a gift from God or the Goddess. He's my soulmate kitty.

He was turned into the vet as a kitten with his best friend. When the vet tried to spay his best friend, so they could give her away, she died on the table. I saw him standing up on his back legs trying to get out of the cage while the vet was giving his best buddy CPR.

The way he was crying out and doing everything in his power to get to his buddy broke my heart--I had just lost my 17 year dog and my twin brother--so I took him home and we helped heal each other's grief.

Then there are the girls: Gwen and Bessitte--they, too, were given to the vet as kittens--they are real CATS! They kind of look down Dusty and Kyle as being insulting examples of kitties.

posted March 29, 2002 15:20                I have 6 dogs and 4 kitties.

Kyle 16 is black with three tiny white tuffs of fur on his tummy. He's an attention hog and must sleep on his own pillow at the head of the bed.

He was turned into the vet as a kitten with his best friend. When the vet tried to spay his best friend, so they could give her away, she died on the table. I saw him standing up on his back legs trying to get out of the cage while the vet was giving his best buddy CPR.

The way he was crying out and doing everything in his power to get to his buddy broke my heart--I had just lost my 17 year dog and my twin brother--so I took him home and we helped heal each other's grief.

Then there are the girls: Gwen and Bessitte--they, too, were given to the vet as kittens--they are real CATS! They kind of look down Dusty and Kyle as being insulting examples of kitties.IP: LoggedtommoLesbian Gay Type Lover

posted March 29, 2002 15:32               

quote:
Originally posted by KJ_Chicago:
Ruth is a long-haired "mutt" that was born in our neighbor's back yard; her parents are both strays.

Ah, you know both myself and my family so very well...

I don't own a cat, but I kind of got one by adoption as my gf has one. She's a calico called Vida and honestly, I think she's a right little madam. I've never met a more vocal cat, which in itself is hilarious because it's so cute. She feels the need to tell you about the happenings of the day the precise moment you walk through the door.

Also, she's demanding. Prima donna. When she wants treats, she wants treats. Doesn't matter if it's 3am and she's shoving her paw in your eye to wake you up...

I'm assuming it's no surprise that an anagram of Vida is "Diva"...

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

quote:
Ruth is a long-haired "mutt" that was born in our neighbor's back yard; her parents are both strays.

I don't own a cat, but I kind of got one by adoption as my gf has one. She's a calico called Vida and honestly, I think she's a right little madam. I've never met a more vocal cat, which in itself is hilarious because it's so cute. She feels the need to tell you about the happenings of the day the precise moment you walk through the door.

Also, she's demanding. Prima donna. When she wants treats, she wants treats. Doesn't matter if it's 3am and she's shoving her paw in your eye to wake you up...

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...
quote:IP: LoggedEvilAnyaCool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 15:36               

I'm more of a dog person but i love my kitties! I have two, one is a russian blue named Max, the other is a little mutt named Henry(or Hank) and he's brown and black stripes with a marmalade colored tummy. They're both 3 years old.

My doggies name is Kyle, he's a siberian husky and he's just the neatest, i can't wait until he comes to live with my kitties(he's living at my parents house now) I hope they get a long. I have a feeling the cats will rule the house.

posted March 29, 2002 15:36                I'm more of a dog person but i love my kitties! I have two, one is a russian blue named Max, the other is a little mutt named Henry(or Hank) and he's brown and black stripes with a marmalade colored tummy. They're both 3 years old.

My doggies name is Kyle, he's a siberian husky and he's just the neatest, i can't wait until he comes to live with my kitties(he's living at my parents house now) I hope they get a long. I have a feeling the cats will rule the house.IP: LoggedXanaduCool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 15:43               

I have a lovely tabby kitty. Her name is Cocoa, which is stunningly original, I know, but I named her when I was five, and chocolate being my favorite food, and her being brown...anyway, she's a wonderful kitty who unfortunaly has to live with my parent's. My apartment doesn't allow pets, and I thought she might be too old to make such a big transition. Oh, well

Amy

posted March 29, 2002 15:43                I have a lovely tabby kitty. Her name is Cocoa, which is stunningly original, I know, but I named her when I was five, and chocolate being my favorite food, and her being brown...anyway, she's a wonderful kitty who unfortunaly has to live with my parent's. My apartment doesn't allow pets, and I thought she might be too old to make such a big transition. Oh, well

AmyIP: LoggedJodiMnstrFloating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 15:50               

I have two cats. Tigger is an 8 year old male grey tabby who I've had since he was a shy little kitten. Being the quiet one of the litter, he's always been a little aloof. But he loves to sleep on my lap as I'm watching TV. Last year I got him a buddy to hang out with. Her name is Dori and she's just turning 1. Dori looks alot like Greep's cats, only with a little more black around her face. She is totally a cuddler, very affectionate and talkative. The two of them get along wonderfully and enjoy chasing each other around and wrestling. I think Dori's helped Tigger get active and lose some weight even.

Anyway, that's the rundown on my two (my Mom even refers to them as her grandkitties...too cute!)

posted March 29, 2002 15:50                I have two cats. Tigger is an 8 year old male grey tabby who I've had since he was a shy little kitten. Being the quiet one of the litter, he's always been a little aloof. But he loves to sleep on my lap as I'm watching TV. Last year I got him a buddy to hang out with. Her name is Dori and she's just turning 1. Dori looks alot like Greep's cats, only with a little more black around her face. She is totally a cuddler, very affectionate and talkative. The two of them get along wonderfully and enjoy chasing each other around and wrestling. I think Dori's helped Tigger get active and lose some weight even.

Anyway, that's the rundown on my two (my Mom even refers to them as her grandkitties...too cute!)IP: LoggedWiccansIllusionCool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 15:52               

Veda- my aunt had a cat named Neeko..

Anyways, my three are
2, 4 year olds named Jake and Ben, and another is their mom and her name is Gabrielle ( Yes she takes after her name sake from Xena, whenever my mother yells at me, she joins in. )

------------------
My heart is cleaver than I am and it knows what to do. ~MC 'Legends of the Kiss'

posted March 29, 2002 15:52                Veda- my aunt had a cat named Neeko..

Anyways, my three are
2, 4 year olds named Jake and Ben, and another is their mom and her name is Gabrielle ( Yes she takes after her name sake from Xena, whenever my mother yells at me, she joins in. )

------------------
My heart is cleaver than I am and it knows what to do. ~MC 'Legends of the Kiss'
IP: LoggedAlyWillowBlessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 16:04            

No, I don't have a cat. I used to, but had to give her away. She was black and white and sooooooooo cute!! I want a kitten so bad though. They are so sweet and cuddly.

posted March 29, 2002 16:04             No, I don't have a cat. I used to, but had to give her away. She was black and white and sooooooooo cute!! I want a kitten so bad though. They are so sweet and cuddly. IP: LoggedArwenCool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 16:33            
LOL Morphine!!!! That's hilarious.

Ahhh....I just love kitties. Mine are my life. One is a big liquid silver coloured tabby/siamese cross who very much has a mind of his own. His name is Merlyn, and when he is mad, wow, watch out! Usually, it's just at me. When I work a lot he trashes my place, and 'spontaneously erupts' as I tolerantly describe it. Sigh. I used to put him in my room when he was younger as 'punishment' because he used to lunge at people's faces and try to dig for China, because he thought it was a game. (REALLY, he IS a total sweety now). I'd go into my room a few minutes later to check on him only to find my desk cleared off, my dresser top cleared off, the blankets pulled off of my bed into a heap in the middle of the floor, and to top it off, since I was still living at home with my parents at the time, I had the litter box in there as well, and he'd flip that over onto the blankets.....he's so lucky I still love him. It's never anything of THAT magnitude now when he has tantrums, but he will look me in the eye with his paw next to a glass on the table when he's ticked and then knock it off. I swear to the Goddess he's grinning when he does that...

My other guy is a big one too. He is pure black, and so I had to name him Salem. He's a bonafied purr/drool machine, but I love him anyway, and while he's not quite as vindictive as his older brother, Merlyn, he gets in his punches. Like when I want to have a cozy bath he bolts right in to join me! (Or, so he thinks. I usually stick to showers, then he'll sit on the side of the tub or at least in front of me, but a bath...nooooooo, he has to be right in there, so I just leave him on his own and end up having a shower instead when HE'S done with the bath tub.)

Most people say I spoil these two too much...pffffft. They are my babies. :-)

Great thread! Gotta brag about our babies. :-) I'd post pictures if I knew how, Merlyn is a total camera hog.

------------------
I'm under your spell
Nothing I can do
You just took my soul with you
You worked your charm so well
Finally I knew
Everything I dreamed was true

--Tara to Willow

posted March 29, 2002 16:33             LOL Morphine!!!! That's hilarious.

Ahhh....I just love kitties. Mine are my life. One is a big liquid silver coloured tabby/siamese cross who very much has a mind of his own. His name is Merlyn, and when he is mad, wow, watch out! Usually, it's just at me. When I work a lot he trashes my place, and 'spontaneously erupts' as I tolerantly describe it. Sigh. I used to put him in my room when he was younger as 'punishment' because he used to lunge at people's faces and try to dig for China, because he thought it was a game. (REALLY, he IS a total sweety now). I'd go into my room a few minutes later to check on him only to find my desk cleared off, my dresser top cleared off, the blankets pulled off of my bed into a heap in the middle of the floor, and to top it off, since I was still living at home with my parents at the time, I had the litter box in there as well, and he'd flip that over onto the blankets.....he's so lucky I still love him. It's never anything of THAT magnitude now when he has tantrums, but he will look me in the eye with his paw next to a glass on the table when he's ticked and then knock it off. I swear to the Goddess he's grinning when he does that...

My other guy is a big one too. He is pure black, and so I had to name him Salem. He's a bonafied purr/drool machine, but I love him anyway, and while he's not quite as vindictive as his older brother, Merlyn, he gets in his punches. Like when I want to have a cozy bath he bolts right in to join me! (Or, so he thinks. I usually stick to showers, then he'll sit on the side of the tub or at least in front of me, but a bath...nooooooo, he has to be right in there, so I just leave him on his own and end up having a shower instead when HE'S done with the bath tub.)

Great thread! Gotta brag about our babies. :-) I'd post pictures if I knew how, Merlyn is a total camera hog.

------------------
I'm under your spell
Nothing I can do
Finally I knew

--Tara to WillowIP: LoggedmellowstrungBlessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 16:38               

I love cats. I have two. One's called meows (even though I named her abby) and is a girl weighing about 22 pounds. She's my fat cat. The other is a boy named max, but I call him booger butt (usually just boo). He likes to play fetch so it's like I kind of have a dog/cat in one. He's cute.

posted March 29, 2002 16:38                I love cats. I have two. One's called meows (even though I named her abby) and is a girl weighing about 22 pounds. She's my fat cat. The other is a boy named max, but I call him booger butt (usually just boo). He likes to play fetch so it's like I kind of have a dog/cat in one. He's cute. IP: LoggedVampNo1Doll's Eye Crystal

posted March 29, 2002 17:24            
I have two cats one who is a Siamese named Mercedes who will be 13 on May 15, and a stray I found in November who is named Precious. My Siamese was pretty depressed when Precious entered the picture, but now they seem to at least tolerate each other. Mercedes is a very vocal cat and various times people who called my house had thought a baby was crying when it was actually my cat. On the other hand Precious does not make much noise at all, but when she is hungry or at play she makes the cutest squeaking nosises. It's funny Precious was very underweight when we found her, but now is just a little piglet who can't seem to get enough food to eat (I keep thinking one day she will just explode). Just have to say I adore both my cats and I think they have enriched our lives greatly by being in our family.

posted March 29, 2002 17:24             I have two cats one who is a Siamese named Mercedes who will be 13 on May 15, and a stray I found in November who is named Precious. My Siamese was pretty depressed when Precious entered the picture, but now they seem to at least tolerate each other. Mercedes is a very vocal cat and various times people who called my house had thought a baby was crying when it was actually my cat. On the other hand Precious does not make much noise at all, but when she is hungry or at play she makes the cutest squeaking nosises. It's funny Precious was very underweight when we found her, but now is just a little piglet who can't seem to get enough food to eat (I keep thinking one day she will just explode). Just have to say I adore both my cats and I think they have enriched our lives greatly by being in our family.IP: LoggedUnder Her SpellCool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 18:10               
I love other people's cats, but I can't take it when they kill birds or small animals. If I get a pet, I'll get one of those cute little pot-bellied pigs.

posted March 29, 2002 18:10                I love other people's cats, but I can't take it when they kill birds or small animals. If I get a pet, I'll get one of those cute little pot-bellied pigs. IP: LoggedThe GodfatherDoll's Eye Crystal

posted March 29, 2002 18:14               
I have two..Joshua and James who are both about 18 months.

My oldest, Xander who was three, died of a bladder infection a few weeks back.

I also have a 7 month old puppy..Cale.

-Shawn

posted March 29, 2002 18:14                I have two..Joshua and James who are both about 18 months.

-ShawnIP: LoggedAll4W/TFloating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 18:37               

VampNo1, I love that name piglet, perhaps that is what i should change my cats name to lol..Methinks i have spoiled her WAY to much, but i cant stand it when she pouts..Chelsea has a really cool bed thingy i got her for her birthday and when shes pouting she will get in it and turn her back to me..Grrrrr argh, guess that means i didnt do what she wanted lol..

Godfather and those whose pets have passed, It is heart wrenching when we lose a pet..i havent had a pet pass since i was a child, i know that if anything happened to Chelsea i would be heartbroken..Dont know if i could bear to get another cat, if i did it would definetly be another calico and i would name her Chance..

posted March 29, 2002 18:37                VampNo1, I love that name piglet, perhaps that is what i should change my cats name to lol..Methinks i have spoiled her WAY to much, but i cant stand it when she pouts..Chelsea has a really cool bed thingy i got her for her birthday and when shes pouting she will get in it and turn her back to me..Grrrrr argh, guess that means i didnt do what she wanted lol..

Godfather and those whose pets have passed, It is heart wrenching when we lose a pet..i havent had a pet pass since i was a child, i know that if anything happened to Chelsea i would be heartbroken..Dont know if i could bear to get another cat, if i did it would definetly be another calico and i would name her Chance..IP: LoggedVampWillowBlessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 19:41               

I have a cat, I don't know what kind. She has one yellow and one blue eye. She was a stray. How I got her is funny, at least to me, I got home from school and went to get something to eat from the frezzer and when I opened the door she ran by. We have a lot of strays where I live and I usally call them and they run away, but she came right over. We tried to find her owners, but couldn't. It's been only four months and shes a really good cat. I named her slayer It was sad when we found her she really bad off, her feet were chapped and she was covered in flees, which we have gotten somewhat under control, sorry about going on and on, it just makes me mad that people will just throw out a cat.

Gillyana

[This message has been edited by VampWillow (edited March 29, 2002).]

posted March 29, 2002 19:41                I have a cat, I don't know what kind. She has one yellow and one blue eye. She was a stray. How I got her is funny, at least to me, I got home from school and went to get something to eat from the frezzer and when I opened the door she ran by. We have a lot of strays where I live and I usally call them and they run away, but she came right over. We tried to find her owners, but couldn't. It's been only four months and shes a really good cat. I named her slayer It was sad when we found her she really bad off, her feet were chapped and she was covered in flees, which we have gotten somewhat under control, sorry about going on and on, it just makes me mad that people will just throw out a cat.

Gillyana

[This message has been edited by VampWillow (edited March 29, 2002).]IP: LoggedGraceBlessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 20:35               

When I moved in with my old roommate, she adopted two kittens- Nala and Katie. I didn't think I was a cat person, but after a year of living with them, I'm smitten. My roommate got custody when we moved out, but I still get visitation sometimes. They are almost two years old, and they are so cute! Katie used to sit in my lap or on my chest when she slept, and Nala was afraid of everything, especially men! As soon as I move to a place where they allow it, I'm adopting my own kitty. They are so much fun to watch, and way more cuddly than I thought they would be. -Grace

posted March 29, 2002 20:35                When I moved in with my old roommate, she adopted two kittens- Nala and Katie. I didn't think I was a cat person, but after a year of living with them, I'm smitten. My roommate got custody when we moved out, but I still get visitation sometimes. They are almost two years old, and they are so cute! Katie used to sit in my lap or on my chest when she slept, and Nala was afraid of everything, especially men! As soon as I move to a place where they allow it, I'm adopting my own kitty. They are so much fun to watch, and way more cuddly than I thought they would be. -GraceIP: LoggedSlayerTazzFloating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 22:44               
Awesome topic!!

I have one cat - he's about 5-1/2 right now...he keeps me "grounded" at times. Since I don't know how to insert a picture, here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/branny72/

------------------
A dream is a wish the heart makes.

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."
Tara: Sassy Eggs.

[This message has been edited by SlayerTazz (edited March 29, 2002).]

posted March 29, 2002 22:44                Awesome topic!!

I have one cat - he's about 5-1/2 right now...he keeps me "grounded" at times. Since I don't know how to insert a picture, here is the link: http://www.geocities.com/branny72/

------------------

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."

[This message has been edited by SlayerTazz (edited March 29, 2002).]IP: Loggednikk1Blessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 22:59               

I have 3 cats that are my pride and joy. 2 black and white females names Millie (13) and Zoe (12), I also have a tabby ginger female named Meggs (12). I've had Millie and Meggs since they were kittens and I adopted Zoe from my sister when she moved interstate about 5 years ago.

posted March 29, 2002 22:59                I have 3 cats that are my pride and joy. 2 black and white females names Millie (13) and Zoe (12), I also have a tabby ginger female named Meggs (12). I've had Millie and Meggs since they were kittens and I adopted Zoe from my sister when she moved interstate about 5 years ago.IP: LoggedeccentrictulipBlessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 23:26               
my house might as well be a zoo....as far as cats go, i have 5--cougie, trouble, juliana, michael and patchouli )

------------------
~*i know she's watching that star...gonna twinkle...*~

posted March 29, 2002 23:26                my house might as well be a zoo....as far as cats go, i have 5--cougie, trouble, juliana, michael and patchouli )

------------------
IP: LoggedPixieSassy Eggs

posted March 30, 2002 01:24               

This is a great topic! I am a total cat person. I have 2. Data (9) is all black with yellow eyes, and Kermit (7) is black with a white tummy, feet, and chin. They are now very excited, and Data is being quite clingy, because I have been away for a few days.

posted March 30, 2002 01:24                This is a great topic! I am a total cat person. I have 2. Data (9) is all black with yellow eyes, and Kermit (7) is black with a white tummy, feet, and chin. They are now very excited, and Data is being quite clingy, because I have been away for a few days.

When Corky and I got our own place, she brought her cat Medea (long-haired brindle tabby) up from West Virginia. Then we adopted MacBeth (gray shorthair) from the Morris Refuge. He had shelter croup - respiratory infections are pretty common in shelter kitties - and spent his first weeks with us spitting bright pink medicine all over the apartment. We thought we were all done, and then we met Magdalen (black-and-white shorthair). We named her that because we adopted her from our friends' neighbor on Labor Day weekend, Magdalen was a "working girl", and our Magdalen was definitely a kittie slut looking for a sugar mama! Medea developed kidney problems and eventually died, taking us back to two. Then a couple of summers ago my sister talked us into adopting an adorable black kitten/cat that had apparently been abandoned at the Jersey Shore where my family spent summers. We named her Morrigan.

MacBeth is constantly picking fights with Morrigan. He's not too bright, poor boy, and apparently hasn't figured out that when she rolls over that five of her six ends are pointy. Magdalen ignores their bickering unless it threatens her food.

All4W/T
Floating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 13:18               
Its pretty cool to hear everyone talk about their pets Morphine you are to funny and Ange "lost it at poker" lol...The pics of the pets are wonderful..I think i have devoted about 40 rolls of film to Chelsea in the 10 years i have had her lol..I even have one of her reading the newspaper, its the sales section of course

I also recently was given a beta, his name is Bert and i swear he knows when im talking to him, although im not sure if fish have ears lol..

Mrs. CaptMurdock
Floating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 14:34               
How Funny yesterday I was posting this same question when some furry person unplugged me.

Mrs. capt

Veda
Blessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 14:57               
Oh man. I can't resist when it comes to posting pictures of my cats.

On the left is Willow, and on the right is Neeko.

DianaBouvier
Floating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 15:20               
I have 6 dogs and 4 kitties.

Then there are the girls: Gwen and Bessitte--they, too, were given to the vet as kittens--they are real CATS! They kind of look down Dusty and Kyle as being insulting examples of kitties.

tommo
Lesbian Gay Type Lover

quote:

------------------

EvilAnya
Cool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 15:36               
I'm more of a dog person but i love my kitties! I have two, one is a russian blue named Max, the other is a little mutt named Henry(or Hank) and he's brown and black stripes with a marmalade colored tummy. They're both 3 years old.

My doggies name is Kyle, he's a siberian husky and he's just the neatest, i can't wait until he comes to live with my kitties(he's living at my parents house now) I hope they get a long. I have a feeling the cats will rule the house.

Xanadu
Cool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 15:43               
I have a lovely tabby kitty. Her name is Cocoa, which is stunningly original, I know, but I named her when I was five, and chocolate being my favorite food, and her being brown...anyway, she's a wonderful kitty who unfortunaly has to live with my parent's. My apartment doesn't allow pets, and I thought she might be too old to make such a big transition. Oh, well

Amy

JodiMnstr
Floating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 15:50               
I have two cats. Tigger is an 8 year old male grey tabby who I've had since he was a shy little kitten. Being the quiet one of the litter, he's always been a little aloof. But he loves to sleep on my lap as I'm watching TV. Last year I got him a buddy to hang out with. Her name is Dori and she's just turning 1. Dori looks alot like Greep's cats, only with a little more black around her face. She is totally a cuddler, very affectionate and talkative. The two of them get along wonderfully and enjoy chasing each other around and wrestling. I think Dori's helped Tigger get active and lose some weight even.

Anyway, that's the rundown on my two (my Mom even refers to them as her grandkitties...too cute!)

WiccansIllusion
Cool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 15:52               
Veda- my aunt had a cat named Neeko..

Anyways, my three are

------------------

AlyWillow
Blessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 16:04            
No, I don't have a cat. I used to, but had to give her away. She was black and white and sooooooooo cute!! I want a kitten so bad though. They are so sweet and cuddly.

Arwen
Cool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 16:33            
LOL Morphine!!!! That's hilarious.

------------------
I'm under your spell
Nothing I can do
Finally I knew

--Tara to Willow

mellowstrung
Blessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 16:38               
I love cats. I have two. One's called meows (even though I named her abby) and is a girl weighing about 22 pounds. She's my fat cat. The other is a boy named max, but I call him booger butt (usually just boo). He likes to play fetch so it's like I kind of have a dog/cat in one. He's cute.

VampNo1
Doll's Eye Crystal

posted March 29, 2002 17:24            
I have two cats one who is a Siamese named Mercedes who will be 13 on May 15, and a stray I found in November who is named Precious. My Siamese was pretty depressed when Precious entered the picture, but now they seem to at least tolerate each other. Mercedes is a very vocal cat and various times people who called my house had thought a baby was crying when it was actually my cat. On the other hand Precious does not make much noise at all, but when she is hungry or at play she makes the cutest squeaking nosises. It's funny Precious was very underweight when we found her, but now is just a little piglet who can't seem to get enough food to eat (I keep thinking one day she will just explode). Just have to say I adore both my cats and I think they have enriched our lives greatly by being in our family.

Under Her Spell
Cool Monster Fighter

posted March 29, 2002 18:10               
I love other people's cats, but I can't take it when they kill birds or small animals. If I get a pet, I'll get one of those cute little pot-bellied pigs.

The Godfather
Doll's Eye Crystal

posted March 29, 2002 18:14               
I have two..Joshua and James who are both about 18 months.

-Shawn

All4W/T
Floating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 18:37               
VampNo1, I love that name piglet, perhaps that is what i should change my cats name to lol..Methinks i have spoiled her WAY to much, but i cant stand it when she pouts..Chelsea has a really cool bed thingy i got her for her birthday and when shes pouting she will get in it and turn her back to me..Grrrrr argh, guess that means i didnt do what she wanted lol..

Godfather and those whose pets have passed, It is heart wrenching when we lose a pet..i havent had a pet pass since i was a child, i know that if anything happened to Chelsea i would be heartbroken..Dont know if i could bear to get another cat, if i did it would definetly be another calico and i would name her Chance..

VampWillow
Blessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 19:41               
I have a cat, I don't know what kind. She has one yellow and one blue eye. She was a stray. How I got her is funny, at least to me, I got home from school and went to get something to eat from the frezzer and when I opened the door she ran by. We have a lot of strays where I live and I usally call them and they run away, but she came right over. We tried to find her owners, but couldn't. It's been only four months and shes a really good cat. I named her slayer It was sad when we found her she really bad off, her feet were chapped and she was covered in flees, which we have gotten somewhat under control, sorry about going on and on, it just makes me mad that people will just throw out a cat.

Gillyana

[This message has been edited by VampWillow (edited March 29, 2002).]

Grace
Blessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 20:35               
When I moved in with my old roommate, she adopted two kittens- Nala and Katie. I didn't think I was a cat person, but after a year of living with them, I'm smitten. My roommate got custody when we moved out, but I still get visitation sometimes. They are almost two years old, and they are so cute! Katie used to sit in my lap or on my chest when she slept, and Nala was afraid of everything, especially men! As soon as I move to a place where they allow it, I'm adopting my own kitty. They are so much fun to watch, and way more cuddly than I thought they would be. -Grace

SlayerTazz
Floating Rose

posted March 29, 2002 22:44               
Awesome topic!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by SlayerTazz (edited March 29, 2002).]

nikk1
Blessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 22:59               
I have 3 cats that are my pride and joy. 2 black and white females names Millie (13) and Zoe (12), I also have a tabby ginger female named Meggs (12). I've had Millie and Meggs since they were kittens and I adopted Zoe from my sister when she moved interstate about 5 years ago.

eccentrictulip
Blessed Wannabe

posted March 29, 2002 23:26               
my house might as well be a zoo....as far as cats go, i have 5--cougie, trouble, juliana, michael and patchouli )

------------------

Pixie
Sassy Eggs

posted March 30, 2002 01:24               
This is a great topic! I am a total cat person. I have 2. Data (9) is all black with yellow eyes, and Kermit (7) is black with a white tummy, feet, and chin. They are now very excited, and Data is being quite clingy, because I have been away for a few days.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:18 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 12:34 pm 

Mrs. capt