The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Queer as Folk US version : Mel & Lindz
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:35 pm 
A couple of days ago I found the treasure that is Mel & Lindz from QAF.
Are they great or what?
And the best thing is that on the series you get quite a lot of kisses, tender looks and if you're lucky - a hot & steamy love scene. YAY!

I especially like Melanie Marcus, she is so droolworthy (swoon) and her voice is sexy too.

so now, I'm downloading all the eps from the
series.And although it's 85% boystown, the 15% is worth it.Besides, I like the group of guys they hang around with.

Especially Emmet Honeycutt, he's such a flamer but I like that in a guy.He's a little bit like Jack from Will&Grace but J is much funnier.
-> But the uncontested humor bitch queen is... (Academy Award moment )
Karen aka Megan Mullally.

What do you think :
HOT : Mel or Lindz?

I choose Mel of course but I like that soft butch, dangerous and sexy but still very feminine attitude.
(You can guess I like Angelina Jolie a lot and also Eliza Dushku -> You gotta have faith)

Anyway, this is my third post and I thought to myself : I'll just be a brave and post a topic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 1:31 pm 
I personally like Mel way more than Lindsay. Mel likes to have fun and Lindsay is just boring. And Mel is deffinately hotter than Lindsay (especially naked). I also think that Emmet (or "Fetch") is a cutie. Anyway that's my 2 cents

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:14 pm 
Hmmm...
What a hard choice! Well, although Linds is a bit boring, they need her to compliment Mel's crazy tendencies. I identify better with Lindsey, I guess. I'm super-boring. Physically, it's a toss up. Personally, Lindsey is more my type. I need something to hold on to I know this is a Mel & Lindsey thread, but I just have to say that although I'm not interested in what the phallus has to offer, the actor who plays Brian has got to be one of the most beautiful male specimens I've ever seen. The men on that show are awesome. They need to work on better storylines for them and, of course, work on casting more women Wouldn't it be awesome to see Aly and Amber do a cameo? Goddess, I'd die.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:22 pm 

Mel, Mel and also...Mel.

*drool*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:26 pm 
I always liked Mel better. She has more energy, more wit, and it's more fun. Physically, I have to say that Lindsay is more my type. I like my women with meat on their bones...
I agree that they complement each other nicely. And I'm glad that Lindsay is getting over the mommy thing, besides being boring, nothing else in the world existed for her. I think she learned her lesson, better keep your eyes open and give some love to your girl before it's too late!

To be completely honest, the hottest woman in QaF is Mel's ex, IMO. Gotta love her bike...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:27 pm 
Sheila, you have to mention the bike moment do you...seeing Mel on bike(saliva dripping from chin)

well, I have to say I love Mels body but in reality I honestly also go for women who are more rounded.

Amber Benson (not Tara) is the perfect example of the woman I'd go for, she's witty, charming, honest, mischievous, ambitious and a beautifully sculptured body IMHO.

I think I like Mel so much is because we think, dress, and act alike, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

But M&L have a good thing going.You have to have somebody that complements you in some ways.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:33 pm 
If anyone wants an ep of QAF, contact me, I'll send it through via e-mail.(that's possible right?)

I don't have all of them yet but I'm determined to have 'em all since I can't buy the US version here in Europe.

Or you could just download it from Kazaa.Takes a while though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:36 pm 
Oops, forgot something to ask :
Does anyone have ep 17 from the first, I'm dying to get my hands on that one and I can't find it on the net or Kazaa, Morpheus and WinMX.

Thanx in advance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:15 pm 
Defintely Mel. What a hottie.
That woman makes my heart skip a beat.

Though sometimes I do find Lindsay downright sexy as hell.

I have Queer As Folk DVD collection

------------------
Loving Emma for the past 2 yrs. And I will continue to do so the rest of my life.

Being committed on Dec 20, 2002
I love you Emma!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:37 pm 
BabyThugB, welcome to the kitty board. if you want to add more stuff on your post, you can click on the edit/delete icon. no need to create a new post. any questions, pls read the FAQ thread, thanks.

as for QAF, love the show eversince it started. Mel and Lindz are cool. when Mel proposed to Lindz, it was the sweetest thing. i like both women equally. they have qualities i do admire. wish there were more scenes w/ them rather than the boys. pax

------------------
Willow and Tara
Willow and Tara's Room

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:48 pm 
Anyone have any pictures of them together that they could post? I've never seen the show. I'm downloading buffy episodes so my connection is reaaaaaallly slow and it'd take forever to go track some down.

------------------
Giles: Come down, and we will go about fixing this in a sensible fashion!
Anya: Sensible! You think it's sensible for me to go down into that pit of cotton-top hell, and let them hippity-hop all over my vulnerable flesh?
Giles: Fine, then just stay up there and keep making bunnies! That's a capital plan!
Anya: What capital? I never know what you're talking about. Loo, shag, brolly, what the hell is all that?
Giles: What? There's no way that you could remember me saying any of those words.
Anya: Oh, bugger off, you brolly.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:28 pm 
Mel is definitely hot. Lindsay doesn't do much for me. She looks like she has chronic fatigue syndrome or something. Also, the relationship between her and Brian is odd. I heard there will be an upcoming episode that talks about the Lindsay/Brian back story. I'm very interested to see that.

I agree with the person who said that Brian is hot. He and Melanie are my favorite characters. I went to a Queer as Folk panel here in LA recently, and both Gale Harold and Michelle Clunie are just as hot in real life. The whole cast was also very charming and articulate (except Hal Sparks).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:32 pm 
These are 4 adresses you can check out for images :

[This message has been edited by BabyThugB (edited March 27, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by BabyThugB (edited March 27, 2002).]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 10:14 pm 
I like Mel but, Lindz has her good points. Besides if Mel and Lindz had the same personality I think they would drive each other crazy. My wife is a Libra and I'm an Aries according to our charts we are exact oppisites and thank goodness, I think we would kill each otherwise.

------------------
Sugarloaf
"Due to the recent presidential elections, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:40 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Genea:
I like Mel but, Lindz has her good points. Besides if Mel and Lindz had the same personality I think they would drive each other crazy. My wife is a Libra and I'm an Aries according to our charts we are exact opposites and thank goodness, I think we would kill each otherwise.

Heh. I get that. I've had two, err, soul mates, for lack of a better term, and while the two of us that remain will probably grow old and grey together (but not *that* close together; touch his coodies again? eww! , we are very much alike; we're also different enough in our life experiences and outlooks that we constantly challenge and test one another. Which keeps us interested and keeps our relationship fresh and feisty.

A scary example is that we've both voted, in every election since 18 year olds got the vote (I was 18, he was 20), and this year is literally the *very* first time we've voted for the same candidates. A fact that we still blame the election snafu over. Matter and anti-matter combining towards a common goal leads to nothing good.

My other soul mate, God rest his soul, knew me as I knew him from the day we met. Never before or since have I understood anyone and had him understood me as flawlessly and instinctively as we did from the very first moment we met. We worked side by side for over ten years -- and I'd gladly give up ten years of my life for ten more with him.

Seven years, and I still think about you every day -- Momento mori, Michael...

Now lovers on the other hand -- they're an entirely different breed of animal -- and I've never met one that inspired me to aim for anything more than a few months/years of happy fun PWPs. *weg*

I see Lindsey and Melanie as having that sort of connection; they've had their problems, who doesn't?; but they've worked them through and their undying love and devotion for one another is all that matters and is what is most important in the end.

And I'd just like to agree with whomever said that Gale Harold (Brian) is one of the *hottest* men on teevee today. Randy Harrison (Justin) isn't far behind, either.

Hubba hubba, pass me the remote so I can set that "Save the Last Dance For Me" moment at Justin''s prom on repeat! And then watch Brian *nail* the horror of seeing Justin being hit in the head with a baseball bat not ten minutes later, just because he had the audicity to dance with the man he loves at his senior prom.

*&^%* Chris Hobbs! On a happier note, there's Justin's 'killing you with kindness' speech. And the Pride dance where Justin leaves Brian to his 'wicked ways', but Brian comes after him instead and asks him to dance, promising Justing that he won't forget this one. *happy sigh*

So I'm an all-purpose slut; if they're pretty and sexy I wanna watch 'em get nekkid and sweaty. Huh. Y'all are looking at me like you think that's a bad thing.

Heh. I did inspire a Duncan/Methos PWP whilst raving about Brian's oh-so-fuckable mouth on the phone with chelle, my bestest buddy and sometimes collaborator. She was shocked at my comment, since I'd always claimed that *no one*, **anywhere** has a more fuckable mouth than Duncan MacLeod -- so she watched a few eps of QaF (poor dear can't get Showtime in her neck of the wilds of New England), then wrote "Two Men and a Television" to test the theory. It was great fun to inspire and to read -- and hey, it turns out I was right -- Duncan's still the winner and undisputed champion of the world.

Meanwhile back at the ranch of Lesbian Love: Wheeeee! Party hats! Streamers!! Gifts for the happy couple and Much champagne!!

Melanie and Lindsey are goin' to the chapel and they're gonna get married, going to the chapel and they''re gonna get... (**Whap!** Okay there, all better now) And was it not to die for when Lindsey proposed the toast to her *hack-spit* sister at her *hack-spit third, or was it her fourth, hack-spit* wedding -- wherein Lindsey told all and sundry that she really, truly envied her sister for being able to publicly declare her *cough*love*cough* for the third...fourth?.. time, while Lindsey was asked by her family not to 'flaunt' her eternal devotion for the mother of her child and the forever partner of her life and dreams. All I have to say about that scene is, "Lindsay, you go, girl!" Now that's *real* romance, my kittens.

Okay, so this recap of the adventures of my Queer as Folk heros may have been just a tad *cough* purple -- but I think we all know what I mean. And it's late, and I'm medicated, and have just had a lovely Tequiza -- beer with blue agave, tequila, and lime flavors. *yum*

Speaking of drinking: :::: ting-ting-ting::: A toast: to Melanie and Lindsey, and baby Gus, too; may they love each other more with every passing day, and may their example inspire many, many other women to make a public declaration of their love and devotion as well -- and to hell with the old, tired rules. We don't need no stinkin' rules! Unless we're in Vermont or Hawaii.

Then, rules are of the good. Usually.

Edited to agree with Jessie that Lindsey looked *totally* hot in her chamois halter when she hopped on the back of Melanie's bike in the Pride Parade. *yum*

------------------
Joe: "You watch your ass, MacLeod."
Duncan: "It's not my ass that I'm worried about."
Methos: "Did I happen to mention about all of this coming to a bad end?"
Duncan: "No, Methos, I don't think that you did."
Highlander: Endgame

[This message has been edited by Kamil (edited March 28, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Kamil (edited March 28, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:54 am 
I'd so go for Mel, but I was so upset when I found out that not only was she straight, but so are most of the other cast members. But, on the flip side, I was really happy about this, because it's great to see actors comfortable with themselves to play homosexual and not see anything wrong with it.

------------------
Joining in the chorus of people pissed at Joss.

Mega Wi(t)ches site:
www.megawitches.net - FINALLY OPEN
Enlightened Member #243, BHS Member #70, Fragile member #308

"Hey, Giles. Sharp wheels." - Will
"The rest of the car's nice too" - Tara (Real Me)

"Besides, when is there any us two. You two are the two who were the two. I'm the other one." - Will (Yoko Factor)

"A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle too." Will (Gingerbread)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:09 pm 
Oh dudes, I have to throw my hat in on this duscussion ...

First, Lins -- hands down. I don't know if it's the blonde thing or the shapely thing, but something is very Amber-esque about her. I happen to think Thea Gill is drool-able.

I'm a little confused as to why people think Lindsay's boring. No, she doesn't have a bike, but hey -- she looked damned hot on the back of it in her dykes on bykes outfit. *swoon thud*

Yes, she's more -- reliable, shall we say -- but keep in mind whose hands were firmly clenching Brian's "boys" as he was being forced into I forget what b/c my eyes were stuck on his pants ... lol.

(Oh, not saying Mel isn't hot because, I do have eyes ... and she totally is, in a waif-ish way).
JD

------------------
"And how long have you known your girlfriend's Tinkerbell?"