The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NMR: What did Willow mean?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:36 pm 
Today, I watched NMR with a mate who's been lending my Buffy tapes and getting up-to-speed with seasons 4 & 5 as she missed them, and is really enjoying season 6 but not getting the storylines properly.

Anyhow, tangent. We were watching the scene where Wil goes to Tara's room to explain that nothing happened with Oz the night before, that they just talked but that she's confused about everything.

WILLOW: (teary) I don't know. I just - life was starting to get so good
again, and -- (sighs, moves closer to Tara) You're a big part of that.
(Crying) And here comes the thing I wanted most of all, and... I don't know
what to do, I ... I wanna know, but I don't.

- and it hit me that when she said "And here comes the thing I wanted most of all" that I wasn't sure whether she was talking about Tara or Oz.

Every time I've watched it, I thought it was about Tara, like here comes the thing/relationship that I've been really waiting for that makes me feel this happy etc. But today, I realised she could be talking about Oz, life was getting good again and it's because of you, and here's the thing I wanted most of all/having Oz come back and now I don't know what I want?!?

I was just wondering what everyone else thought?

------------------
"We must have kissed a hundred times ...It was very nice." ~ Amber Benson

"After one take, [Buffy creator] Joss [Whedon] did say, 'Can we have one [kiss] that's less like you're going to sleep together in about five minutes?' " ~ Alyson Hannigan
The Body

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:41 pm 

I think most people would agree that she is talkign about Oz. Just check out her emotional torture in Somethign Blue etc. to see how much she missed him.

And now, the thing she WANTED most comes when she WANTS something diffrent.. Tara; her soul mate as well as true love.

------------------
Trust In Joss

"Liberate tutemet ex inferis"

"Me and Willow always know how to find each other"

"Black mircles, dark wonders, another life of unknown pleasures"

"There are some corners of the Universe that have bred the most terrible things, things that stand against everything we believe in. They must be fought"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:41 pm 
My initial thought was the same as yours...I thought that she meant that she had been wishing for so long for Oz to come back and make things right again and then suddenly BAM! (in the immortal words of Emeril Lagasse ) Tara comes along and rocks her world but good. What to do?! At least that was my observation.

T.

------------------
"Sometimes, we just can't make it on our own. We all need someone to love us, to help remind us that there's good in the world, to keep us from going crazy."

Willow from Dacia's The Dreamer Awakes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:42 pm 
We'll I always took it to mean "Oz".
She had technically been waiting and hoping for him to come back.....until she hooked up with Tara. So I think that's the thing she wanted most up until that time.

Good question though!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:42 pm 
I think here it's important to look at tense. Willow's talking in the past tense, ie, that what she wanted was Oz. She was in the mindframe where she thought she wanted him back and that would make everything alright again. However, time goes on, and in that time, her life got so good again and that was due to Tara being in it.

I think what Willow is saying here is probably along the lines of: I thought Oz coming back would make me happy and complete. But I already feel that way because of you. And now I'm confused because what I thought I wanted/needed isn't really what I want/need at all.

That's just my personal take on it anyway. I think NMR is one of the first moments that Willow realised just how much Tara meant to her. She was possibly a little shocked, confused and even frightened of the strength of her feelings. And Oz? Well, I think it's pretty clear that she had moved on. She just never knew it.

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:49 pm 
Tommo, I think the past tense thing is the clincher wanted. It's really funny, cause that take only hit me today watching it, and I've watched it a hundred times.

I guess I love W/T so much, I wanted Willow to be saying all the good stuff about Tara, but as pointed out is really is good stuff about Tara anyway ... which is okay by me of course!!

It's such a good ep, only wish that they could have kissed at the end - we were robbed!!!

Thanks for eveyone's input.

-Sam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:03 pm 
I agree that she was referring to Oz. But not just so much that he'd come back into her life, but that he'd have the wolf side of him under control so that they could have some semblance of a "normal" life. Well, as normal as you can get on a hellmouth.

------------------
Joining in the chorus of people pissed at Joss.

Mega Wi(t)ches site:
www.megawitches.net - FINALLY OPEN
Enlightened Member #243, BHS Member #70, Fragile member #308

"Hey, Giles. Sharp wheels." - Will
"The rest of the car's nice too" - Tara (Real Me)

"Besides, when is there any us two. You two are the two who were the two. I'm the other one." - Will (Yoko Factor)

"A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle too." Will (Gingerbread)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:07 pm 
Oh yeah, Willow was defenitly talking about Oz. She waited for him a long time, wanting him and then Tara. And we all know the rest and what happened.

Ange.

------------------
"Things are not always what they seem to be...." Shakespare.
"Once you're fallen for me, you stay fallen..."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:12 pm 

Another thing to consider:

"And here comes the thing I wanted most of all"

The one thing was to be loved and to be cared about by someone. She had/has that big crush on Xander and he chose Anya. Ok, so he's off the list.

Then came Oz. With whom she did find that they both admired and did love each other. She was stilla little freaked that he turned out to be a werewolf, but eventuallt accepted that. He baileed after tht thing with Varuca.

Then came Tara (yum) A shy little girl from her Wicca group. And the only other group memeber actually being a witch. (compared to all the other WannaBlessedBe's). They did spells, and eventually led to something else to either of them didn't expect at first. Love.

Then Oz came back to Sunnydale. Wilow still with many feelings for him thought that this was perfrect. But she was (at this point) figuring out that she was indeed 'in love', or at least very strong feelings for Tara. Heace the first reaction of Buffy. Who at that point didn't understand comlpletely.

The ultimate diesiding factor was that Oz found out that Willow was the cause of him turning to a werewolf (Kinda lame excuse though) And the fact that is was obvious that Willow was going to chose Tara after all anyway.

And as much as I really do miss Oz, as do many others I'm glad that they are together.

------------------

IM:WillowsBandCamp-TaraMaclay69
Guardian of Vampire Tara
Keeper of Tara's 'Lil Pile 'O Crackers'

--
Look, I realize that every slayer comes with a expiration mark stamped on the package.. But I want mine to be a long time from now.. Like a Cheeto.
---

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:29 pm 
Yes, she spoke of Oz; and yes, she spoke of past-tense.

For some time there, she'd been a bit lost without him; "I wish Oz would come back" must have been her mantra for a good couple months. She told herself, even if it wasn't true, that if Oz came back, everything would be fine.

She may not have thought that as much after meeting Tara; that would have kept her mind off the Oz situation for a while. Then suddenly he's back, and she's reminded of all this pining and wishful thinking, and it takes her a little bit to say, 'wait, I don't need Oz to be back any more'. And we all know the rest.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:29 pm 
I agree that she was speaking of Oz. But when you least expect it - life throws that curve ball...

------------------
A dream is a wish the heart makes.

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."
Tara: Sassy Eggs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:35 pm 
I first I thought it was Oz that Willow was talking about.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:02 pm 
Yep, I always took it that she was talking about Oz.

After he'd first left she'd wanted him to come back so badly, so when she was talking to Tara she was trying to convey how confusing it all was for her, because here was the thing she'd most wanted, Oz returning to her, but now that he had, she'd realised that it wasn't really what she wanted anymore.

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:29 pm 
Definately, talking about Oz on that ep. Then Tara showed up and then, well thats all she wrote.

------------------
Sugarloaf
"Due to the recent presidential elections, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off."