The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's SMG Cant Be A Lesbian Monday.MKF
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:26 pm 
So I've been tossed from the pens board, over into the main board daily thread??

Question for mods: which is the more offtopic on the Kitten?
A post relating to Eliza/Faith creativity on the pens board?

Or threads about...
"Buffy vs Alias", and
"Guitar tabs for Buffy"

Because the latter two haven't been locked, yet to me they are neither:
- Specifically lesbian related, nor
- Specifically W/T related.

They are just Buffy related.

I mean, I'll happily follow every rule to the letter here. If I know what the rules actually are?

I know it isn't easy to make these decisions and rules. But perhaps we really need to improve them, all the same.

Sarah-B.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:35 pm 
Pardon if I'm stepping out of line, and feel free to chew me out, Sarah B, if you think I'm being rude, but I think the confusion lies in the fact that the board rules for the two boards are very different. If you look at rules 2 and 3 from each, the difference becomes clear. From the Kitten FAQ:
quote:
2. What is on topic?

Anything having to do with Willow, Tara, Amber Benson or Alyson Hannigan is on topic. Anything general about the show Buffy the Vampire the slayer is also on topic. We are a gay and lesbian friendly board. Any topic of interest to gays and lesbians will be ON topic, one thread per topic. Topics questioning W/T's relationship, lack of chemistry or depth, etc. are NOT welcome. While other topics are welcome remember the focus, Willow and Tara. Don't post things that would go against the credo of the board, w/t love all the time!

3. Can I make off topic (OT) posts?

Sure! We have a daily thread where OT is welcomed....

From the Pens FAQ:
quote:
2. What is on topic?

Any creative effort focusing on Willow/Tara, Willow or Tara, Amber Benson or Alyson Hannigan is on topic. All fics should focus on W/T as a couple. Any creative effort featuring Willow or Tara with any other character in a romantic relationship is Off Topic

3. Can I make off topic (OT) posts?

NO. This is designed to be a small board where people can come and be guaranteed a dose of w/t.

4. Can I post my other non w/t fic?

NO. There are other resources for posting fic. A good place to start is the BtVS Writer's Guild.

This also, to some extent, explains why the difference exists. (i.e. There are lots of boards to use as a Buffy-related creative outlet.)

Hope this helps.quote:quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:35 pm 
Maybe it wasn't clear, but the FAQ is different for pens and the kitten. The pens faq clearly states all creative efforts must be Willow and Tara, Aly and Amber related. So there is no place on the Pens for Eliza creative efforts. So you say well can I post it on the main kitten, again no, they go to the daily thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:15 pm 
OK. I'm clear now. I soo didn't realise the two boards had different rules.

Well, anyone's welcome to download my Eliza music clip anyway, if they want.
Sarah-B.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:20 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanadu:
I'd forgotten, in my one year hiatus from retail, how much I hate stupid people. And how many of them there are. "Do you sell juice here?" "Well, we're called The Juice Stop, so I'm thinking, yeah."

Hee! I once talked on the phone for about five minutes with a customer, who then asked, "Do you work there?" Mouth said, "Yes." Brain thought, "No, you dolt, I always just wander in off the street to answer strange business phones and pretend to be an employee. And all those answers I gave you? Lies. ALL LIES!!!."

Xanadu, if you haven't been here already, check it out:
http://www.customerssuck.com

It helps. It really does.quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:35 am 
quote:
Originally posted by maudmac:
Hee! I once talked on the phone for about five minutes with a customer, who then asked, "Do you work there?" Mouth said, "Yes." Brain thought, "No, you dolt, I always just wander in off the street to answer strange business phones and pretend to be an employee. And all those answers I gave you? Lies. ALL LIES!!!."

LOL Thanks for the link maudmac! That site was really funny, I had no idea there was an entire forum devoted to stupid customer ranting!

Amy
quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:33 am 
I did download your Eliza-vid Sarah, and I liked it.. Eliza/Faith kicks ass
(of course, W/T are my #1's)

Patricia

------------------
"What are they looking at?"
"The hotness of you, doofus!"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:43 am 
quote:
Originally posted by BBOvenGuy:
All I have to say is - "And the rest of the movie won't make people chuckle and snicker?"

Probably not. Freddie Prinze Jr. is in it, after all.

quote: