The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Location Shoot Report 3/22 - CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:29 am 
The Buffy crew was on location tonight in Van Nuys, on Woodley Avenue between Victory Boulevard and Burbank Boulevard. This is a stretch of very wide road running over a mile through the Sepulveda Dam Recreation Area. Lots of wide open spaces.

Before we go further...

Danger! Danger, Willow Robinson!

By about 8:15 this evening, Xita and I were standing on the corner of Victory and Woodley, looking down the street as various vehicles were driving around. There were two police officers standing at the corner opposite from us and we weren't sure they would let us through. Then this mom and her two daughters crossed the street and walked right past the police without them even blinking, so we figured it was okay for us to do the same.

Sitting across the entire road was a large 18-wheeler truck. Near it was a car labelled "SUNNYDALE POLICE DEPARTMENT," set up on this big tow-truck rig with all sorts of lights and cameras on it. We stood there for quite a while, waiting to see what would happen. Eventually, something did.

Vans came down from the base camp, and out popped Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nicholas Brendon, Danny Strong and Tom Lenk. There was also this black-haired woman wearing black clothes and black boots with thick heels on them. Was this Black Magic Willow? We couldn't tell exactly because it was dark and we weren't quite close enough - although later events made it obvious that this was in fact Stunt Black Magic Willow.

A large ladder was put next to the cab of the 18-wheeler, and someone (The Director? The Stunt Coordinator? I couldn't tell) climbed up onto the roof of the cab. He gets down on all fours and starts saying, "She's up here! She's run out of power, and she's down like this." Stunt Black Magic Willow climbs up and does the same thing. Meanwhile, the four cast members climb into the police car.

So here's the scene. Apparently Black Magic Willow has decided to go after Jonathan and Andrew, and she has magically hijacked this 18-wheeler to do them in. Buffy and Xander have somehow comandeered a police car with Jonathan and Andrew in it, and they're on the run as Black Magic Willow chases them. Then at some point, Black Magic Willow runs out of power and the police car gets away.

They drove up and down the street several times, presumably filming close-up dialogue scenes inside the police car during various points of the chase. A couple of times the 18-wheeler drove past us with Stunt Black Magic Willow standing up on the roof of the cab. It was quite a sight, let me tell you. She even glared down at us once.

Also, just as an aside, at some point they either have to shoot (or maybe they have already shot) Alyson standing up there on the roof of cab being all evil and vengeful. Obviously the truck wouldn't be moving with an expensive star standing on top of it, but they could simulate movement with big fans or something. Given how cold it was tonight and the fact that Alyson would also have those black contact lenses in her eyes, I'm guessing that's not going to be a pleasant experience. Ah, the sacrifices Aly makes in the name of art.

At around 10:30 the crew broke for their hour-long "lunch," and so we called it a night. All in all, it was a good shoot (and we even met some Kitten Lurkers!). Looks like there's plenty of action in the episodes to come.

[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited March 23, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:37 am 
And yet again with the "Thanks, Bob". Should be exciting, if not exactly fun, to watch.

Evil Willow. Sniffle.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:41 am 
Thanks for the report Bob, some interesting turn of events, especially with Andrew and Jonathan.

Very interesting stuff.

------------------
No, please. I mean, tell me if I said something wrong otherwise I know I'll say it again. Probably often and in public.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:41 am 
Thanks Bob!

But man, the image of Willow, all black-mojo'd out with the dark magic eyes and black clothes, chasing after her own friends? *sigh* That's gonna be hard to watch, let me tell you.

Thanks again, Bob and Xita, for going out and getting this info for us.

------------------
"Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind." -Glory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:42 am 
Jonathan and Andrew were dressed in black, like they had been on an operation. Buffy in standard patrol gear.

Yes it was nice to meet the lurkers, hi

And the shoot was kind of exciting. There was a lot going on, plus finally got a look at the goth willow look.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:42 am 
Dudes. You rock. Thanks for the effort.

Edited to pluralize.

[This message has been edited by the literary exterminator (edited March 23, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:43 am 
Excellent work BBOvenGUY! (and not forgetting Xita, of course).

I'm quite amazed that you seemedto have no trouble from security etc!

So...

If DMWillow is after Jonathan and Andrew, this raises some interesting questions:

- Why? To find out where Warren is?

- When / How do they get out of Jail (AnGeL X's spoilage indicated they are arrested).

Well, the Buffy and Xander in a car certainly fits with the "Things happenning Twice" theory - I'm betting there may be a crash of some sorts.

I guess this is ep 21 then.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:44 am 
Thanks for the info, Bob! Interesting stuff...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:47 am 
As for how Jonathan and Andrew get out of jail...would Buffy and Xander maybe break them out if they had seen what Willow did to Warren and knew she was going after them (J&A) next? Just a thought.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:48 am 
thanks for the info. it's so cool that you two got to see all of this!

------------------
"That's right, puppy. Willow's gonna make you bark."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:54 am 
Great report Bob and Xita, looks like the major action this season get crammed into the end eps...

quote:
Originally posted by The Partyman:

If DMWillow is after Jonathan and Andrew, this raises some interesting questions:

- Why? To find out where Warren is?

- When / How do they get out of Jail (AnGeL X's spoilage indicated they are arrested).

Well, the Buffy and Xander in a car certainly fits with the "Things happenning Twice" theory - I'm betting there may be a crash of some sorts.

I guess this is ep 21 then.

Wouldn't Warren be dead by now? Willow would be after his co-conspirators and attacks them during a transfer. During which Buffy and Xander manage to commandeer the police car - meaning to save Andrew and Jonathan???

Well there'll probably be a wreck if Buffy was driving, she cannot seem to handle any technology that had gone beyond the Industrial Revolution!

--------
Lynn

[This message has been edited by Lijdrec (edited March 23, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:56 am 
D@mn I wish I was you guys!! This looks to be an exciting epsiode. Finally action packed!!

I can perfectly image the fear and sadness Buffy and Xander are going though in the scene just from your discription of Black magic willow.

Because of this report I think we can now almost be postive that everything happening "once more with feeling" is the key to the seasons climax.

Thanks BBOvenGuy!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:03 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Lijdrec:
Well there'll probably be a wreck if Buffy was driving, she cannot seem to handle any technology that had gone beyond the Industrial Revolution!

Fortunately for all concerned, Xander is the one driving.

quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:04 am 
Wow! That sounds like an awesome shoot! Thanks SO much BBovenguy for that!
So black magic Willow had the whole black contacts, black clothes AND black hair? She got so deep in it that her hair turned black too? Oh her beautiful red locks! I'm kidding. This sounds like it was an awesome shoot to see. And I'm excited to see the ep but a little anxious about seeing Willow going after Buffy and Xander(I know she's not really because she's going after Jonathan and Andrew, but technically she is). And imagine how Buffy and Xander must feel running from her like this.
I never thought I'd see the day when this would actually happen.
------------------
"But with Tara, I just know she likes Willow, and she already has one of those" – "Family"

"Honey, in case you didn’t hear me the first six-thousand times, no more teleportation spells." – "Crush"

Willow: "I figured, life goes by so fast, if you don’t write stuff down it just gets…lost."
Tara: "Down to every last bagel"
Willow: "Down to every last everything I do with you" – "Forever"

[This message has been edited by shellybean (edited March 23, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:07 am 
Thanks Bob and Xita! You guys are awesome! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:15 am 
Yes, thanks for the info. Nothing like eyewitness kitty spoilers. Black hair, huh? Sounds like Willow's reached a new magick level. ugh

Thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:20 am 
Thanks Bob and Xita for the update! I've been eagerly anticipating it all evening, and boy, was it worth the wait! Wow, action-o-rama, should be very interesting to watch...thanks again!

Edited to add: that's right, Warduke, the more over the top, the better - can we say "obligatory reset?"

------------------
PASTURE: See... that is, where you are a mockup. With I think on..., you grew up to what, and... then regard I, which you form... it me are proud. It educates me to love you more.

[This message has been edited by cachaco (edited March 23, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:20 am 
Black Willow glared at you, hee hee, thanks Bob and Xita. Well these are very very interesting spoilers indeed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:26 am 
Thanks Bob and xita.

Very interesting spoilers indeed, it's all going to hell, which is a good thing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:26 am 
Oh. Fucking. Hell.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:34 am 
Okay, if you're looking for great photographic art, you'll have to go somewhere else, but here are some pics!

Shot at night with no PA-alerting flash, they're really grainy but I think I can talk you through them.

Pic #1 - You can see the 18-wheeler in the middle of the street, with the crew setting up around it.

Pic #2 - Another shot of the truck. You can also see the back end of the police car, sitting on its trailer.

Pic #3 - A ladder has been placed next to the cab of the 18-wheeler. The yellow blob next to the front wheel is Stunt Black Magic Willow (wearing a yellow jacket that she took off when she went to work). The shortest of the people-shaped blobs over on the left is Danny Strong.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:37 am 
Thanks for the pics Bob.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:38 am 
Y'all are so awesome for going out and getting this! (And no one had to pretend to be a tree.)

It makes me sad to think of Buffy and Xander running from Willow - or from what Willow's become. Willow! This is Willow we're talking about. Willow, cute, sweet, babbly Willow. Softer-side-of-Sears Willow. "She's my everything" Willow. "I wish I had the blue" Willow. "That's a little blacker than I like my arts" Willow.

It's breaking my heart. It's breaking my heart so bad I even forgot there for a second that Tara's dead. I think I'm backsliding through the grief stages again.

Trainwreck indeed. This just serves to renew my faith in the Reset/Reversal/Whatever.

Again, my hat is off to you, Bob and Xita!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:40 am 
quote:
Originally posted by shellybean:
She got so deep in it that her hair turned black too?

You know, once Will gets over this ``Dark'' phase she's going through, she could make some serious dough selling her Dark Magic(TM) Hair Color System.

Check out these before and after shots!

Before Dark Magic: peace, smiles, and ... ew ... BLONDE hair.

After Dark Magic: Well ... at least she has dark hair now.quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:42 am 
Great pics Bob and thanks for the location shoot information Bob and Xita. I have a question about the black hair of the stunt double. Am I to assume that the Black magic turns Willow's hair black or that stunt Willow wears a red wig to cover her black hair? I am just a tad confused over the hair color, and what it means in reference to Willow's new evil ways.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:43 am 
Willow's hair turns black.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:46 am 
Yes, if Stunt Willow has black hair, you can assume that regular Willow has black hair also. Personally, I'm not clear on whether that's something Willow does to herself or if it's just a side-effect of the magic she's channeling. Maybe someone more enlightened can fill us in.

Edited to add: I just realized what seeing Stunt Black Magic Willow riding around on the truck reminded me of. Remember the scene from the season-opener, with Willow standing on top of the crypt? Imagine that same pose, but meaner, and with Willow's hair and clothes completely black. That's what it looked like. I imagine it'll look even more so in the close-ups with Aly.

[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited March 23, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:51 am 
Wow. My first response to all this was "OMG! Yes! That's so awesome! Go Will!" Now I'm really depressed. This is Willow for crying out loud! There HAS to be some sort of reset button on this season. An 18 wheeler, Evil Willow, dead Tara, and God knows what else? This has to be a dream, hallucination or something. The only other explanation is that Joss, Marti and everyone on the set is smoking crack.

Yes... thank you Bob and Xita.

Edit added: Aly Hannigan with black hair?? No...it can't be. No! She'll still look great, but I doubt I'll be able to stand that for more than 5 mins.

------------------
"I think Spike was right back at the gas station. Snap out of it!" -Willow, to a catatonic Buffy

"I'm a blood sucking fiend. Look at my outfit!" -Willow

[This message has been edited by JennY (edited March 23, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:04 am 
Once More, With "Good Work Guys!"

Having trouble getting to the photos, but I guess that's because all the Kitties are trying to do the same thing...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:06 am 
I’m assuming the black hair is supposed to be an indication that she is full of dark magicks, but you could also see them doing it as a way to distinguish Vamp Willow from Black Magick Willow. They would both be in black with the heels, but the black hair gives Black Magick Willow a look that's all her own.