The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Location Shoot Report 3/22 - CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:06 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rose:
Spike has always been evil. Why can't some people see that?

I think alot of that is because of James Marsters hottie status LOL

But I definitely see your point. It's not a case of him going from good to evil. It's more like he's going from less evil to more evil, there's definitely a difference. He's never been good, he doesn't have one of those pesky souls after all

Casandra

quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:10 pm 
It is amazing how some people confuse the actor or actress with the character they play.

------------------
Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.
Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Tara: Nobody messes with my girl!

Willow: Hi, um Tara. How are you? I was wondering maybe you want to go out sometime for coffee? food? kisses and gay love?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:34 pm 
Like how some people get shocked by things Alyson says?

:: Gasp :: Willow said that?

D

------------------
They have Dial-A-Prayer for atheists now. You call up but nobody answers.

[This message has been edited by GODisTigger (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:07 pm 
Yeah alot of people really have trouble differentiating the character from the actor or actress. It actually has me a bit worried that there might be a bit of an Aly backlash when all the Evil Willow stuff starts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:56 pm 
One of the problems I think we're having as a community - and I think other boards will have the same problem once more of the news about their favorite characters gets out, too - is that there's no acceptable solution to where we are right now. The Buffy writers have already blown it. They've destroyed just about everything that anyone watches the show for - and they've been especially destructive toward W/T fans.

You got that right, Bob. I don't want to believe the show has jumped the shark...and maybe it's too early to believe that...but my faith in the show is being sorely tested by all this. I want to believe the writer's will be able to pull a rabbit out of their hats, to somehow make this work and work well. I'm not sure how possible that's gonna be though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:55 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Wiccagrrl:
One of the problems I think we're having as a community - and I think other boards will have the same problem once more of the news about their favorite characters gets out, too - is that there's no acceptable solution to where we are right now. The Buffy writers have already blown it. They've destroyed just about everything that anyone watches the show for - and they've been especially destructive toward W/T fans.

You got that right, Bob. I don't want to believe the show has jumped the shark...and maybe it's too early to believe that...but my faith in the show is being sorely tested by all this. I want to believe the writer's will be able to pull a rabbit out of their hats, to somehow make this work and work well. I'm not sure how possible that's gonna be though.

Ditto to what you said. I think Buffy just hit rock bottom or something. With all the scenario's given it just feels like it can't get any worse than it already has. Buffy has always been such a great, light and funny show. It just feels like its getting darker and darker every episode and definitely every season. Like I've said countless times before I'm a hardcore Buffy fan and will be till the end, no matter how bad it gets. But my faith is being tested too. I'm just going to trust that Joss knows what he's doing and that things will get better soon. I hope.

------------------
"But with Tara, I just know she likes Willow, and she already has one of those" – "Family"

"Honey, in case you didn’t hear me the first six-thousand times, no more teleportation spells." – "Crush"

Willow: "I figured, life goes by so fast, if you don’t write stuff down it just gets…lost."
Tara: "Down to every last bagel"
Willow: "Down to every last everything I do with you" – "Forever"
quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:15 am 
Last season was definitely my favourite one, it had it's darkness but it also had it's fair share of humour. To me that season was the most balanced. This one is clearly far more depressing, all the scoobies are unhappy or are happy but have been deeply hurt, and will hurt a whole lot more before this is over. That hardly makes me up and down with joy, but this season has given some of the funniest moments I have seen, brilliant eps like OMWF and TR, and too many great W/T moments to count. No one can take that away, and if this season ends with W/T alive and together I will be too happy to be upset at how horrible these spoilers seem now. The show is still good for me now, but I will stop watching right after that naked lesbian gay type loving we have been promised for so long, and I won't start watching again till this is over.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:37 am 
My stomach churns just thinking about watching episodes 20-22.

With being the UK I dare say you guys will see this first and seeing your reactions will tell me whether to watch or not!

In fact I feel sick now

But I am looking forward to some serious W/T lovin, bring it on!

I never read spoilers before season 6 and I am beginning to wonder why I ever started because all they is wind me up!!

Does anyone know how far into episode 21 they have filmed yet?

------------------
"I want you, but i`m not giving in this time.
Goodbye to you, goodbye to everything that I knew.
You were the one I loved, the one thing I tried to hold onto."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:18 am 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rose:
Spike has always been evil. Why can't some people see that?

Those that have the ability to make good or bad choices with their life are capable of makeing choices that are considered good or evil by others. Spike in the Buffyverse is not locked into makeing just good or evil decisions. He has deminstrated that time and time again.

Spike isn't evil so everything he does is evil. What Spike is more then anything else is oppritunistic. If you have ever read history that is one of the hallmark traits of man. My great great grandfather was a general in the Indian Wars. In his diarys he bragged about how many Indians he slaughtered in one day or another. Under his command thousands of Indians were raped, murdered, and shot. And guess what, he was considered one of the best men in the community that he lived out the rest of his life in. The murder of Inidans never bothered him one bit because they weren't like us white folk, they had red skin.

[This message has been edited by Caesar (edited March 25, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:59 am 
i think that Willow going dark is exactly what the series needs. Tara dies because of Willow's involvement with Buffy. Wouldn't you have an issue with that? When Glory turned Tara mad, Willow went after her, and we got a taste of a darker Willow. Would she not do the same if Tara dies, even if the killer is human? And if it were me, I wouldn't let anybody get in my way, not even my best friend.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:06 am 
Caesar vampires aren't man. You can't used the "race" issue on them because it's way too wide an issue for Buffy to tackle with them. Buffy has been slaying vampires since she was 15/16 years old. Don't you think the show's dark enough then for it to have Buffy learn she's a cold blooded racist murderer?

If Spike isn't naturally evil then no vampire is. If Spike can choose to be good then all vampires can.

That affects Buffy's conscience and Angel's purpose. If vampires can choose to be good or bad then Angel chose to become Angelus after his first time with Buffy. What does that say since Buffy and Angel are the two main stars on ME's Buffyverse shows. Something has to give.Spike isn't as important as they are-at least not yet anyway.

This is one of the reasons I'm not for Buffy and Spike. I don't like important issues unsettled.

Spike can't be redeemed to bring Buffy and Angel to their knees. I feel the same way about the Spike gets his chip out because Buffy won't be able to fight her best friend Willow so he will have too theorist!!

Spike is evil to me until ME shows why Spike is different. I can't accept that he just chooses to be good of his own feel will but no other vampire can.

I hate the crap ME created when they decided vampires need to be Ambigous to be interesting. I think Spike's chip is the moment that led to the jumping of the shark that is season 6!!

Sorry if this talk should be in a spoiler spection thread more then a location report!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:06 am 
The "Is Spike Evil/Can He Be Redeemed" discusssion doesn't belong on this board. When the topic comes up, it inevitably leads to pointless "is so/is not" crap, and the Mods step in to shut it down. I'm kinda surprised they haven't shut this down yet.

Anyway, I think we need yet another addition to the FAQ: Spike is a vampire (w/o a soul), vampires are evil, he's called himself evil, therefore he's evil.

edited to remove further snarkiness and say "Tak" to Dr.G.

And to possibly get the thread back on topic...Hey, how about that Black Magic Willow? Damn, those contact lenses must be a pain.

[This message has been edited by wiccie (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:10 am 
Every season has had it's ups and downs, season 5 was my favourite as I feel it balanced humour and drama wonderfully. This season is clearly far more depressing with *all* the scoobies either unhappy or getting deeply hurt with much more darkness to come for them. But I am unwilling to say the show is going down, not yet, this season has given some of the best episodes ever for me, OMWF and TR and also some of the best W/T moments up to date. They cannot take that away. I am not giving up yet, not if they undo this, then I will be far too happy to care how upset I am over these spoilers now.

Wiccie I understand your sentiments, but trust the mods to step in if they think it might get out of hand. In general again, if anyone is upset by certain posts and feel the mods should step in, please email them in private.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:30 am 
I'm hanging on by a thread, hoping Joss will give us all the happy ending we all desire! I can't believe he would put us through all this anxiety for nothing!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:05 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by wiccie:
The "Is Spike Evil/Can He Be Redeemed" discusssion doesn't belong on this board. When the topic comes up, it inevitably leads to pointless "is so/is not" crap, and the Mods step in to shut it down. (snipped)

Anyway, I think we need yet another addition to the FAQ: Spike is a vampire (w/o a soul), vampires are evil, he's called himself evil, therefore he's evil.

We have room for people on the Kitten who disagree about who Spike is.

If I were going to write a FAQ addition on this subject, I would say: Spike is a vampire with out a soul. There is room for reasonable people to disagree about if Spike is evil or not, regardless of what the character himself may think. Since this is a W/T board, and because this conversation has been had many times and always leads to an "is to/is not" conclusion and possibly hurt feelings for no real point, until the show gives us something much clearer to deal with, please don't discuss the metaphysics of Spike's soul, or if Spike is forever evil or if he can change. Lets just agree that some of us disagree with each other on this, and get back to W/T love.
quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:07 pm 
QUESTION PLEASE

This is probably old information, but I haven't been able to find it other places on the site, and frankly got lost in this thread after it got into debates about how valid the reset button is.... If it's been answered already, sorry - just please point me in the right direction.

Could someone tell me where the pictures are posted of the shoots? Also, how do Bob and Xita find out where the shoots are going to be located? Just curious of how it is all going down.

Thanks in advance :-)

------------------
DAWN: What a primo bi-otch! If I could make her head explode just using the power of my mind, that's what I would be doing right about now.

--The Body

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:12 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by kumarihpx:
Could someone tell me where the pictures are posted of the shoots? Also, how do Bob and Xita find out where the shoots are going to be located?

kumarihpx -

The photos are on page 1 of this thread, 5th post from the bottom.

Please use large font sizes sparingly: FAQ Question 6 part 4. Um, the second part 4.

Thanks,

------------------
bzengo

Joss I love invoking all those (old horror) movies, but at the same time, the core of this series, emotionally, is a very safe place.

Joss (Sun Aug 30, 1998)
. . . Sooooo, someone is hoping this season will be less traumatic? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[This message has been edited by bzengo (edited March 25, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:18 pm 

Gotcha - I tried to edit the font size, but no luck. Now I know how large is large. Thanks!

------------------
DAWN: What a primo bi-otch! If I could make her head explode just using the power of my mind, that's what I would be doing right about now.

--The Body

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:56 pm 
is it official that tara's dead?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:03 pm 
if by official you mean confirmed by someone from ME (e,g, marti, joss, amber)then No it isn't official but we do have confirmation from script excerpts that were provided by people who are known to be reliable so her death is in fact inevitable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:25 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Sazza:
i think that Willow going dark is exactly what the series needs. Tara dies because of Willow's involvement with Buffy. Wouldn't you have an issue with that? When Glory turned Tara mad, Willow went after her, and we got a taste of a darker Willow. Would she not do the same if Tara dies, even if the killer is human? And if it were me, I wouldn't let anybody get in my way, not even my best friend.

Hi all. I'm new to the boards.
I absolutely agree with this. I'm not looking forward to Tara's death but I know that Amber and Aly will do a great job of making me cry. And as fantastic an actress as Aly is I think this will give her the chance to get even better. Sometimes playing a villain is so much more fun. I am looking forward to seeing this with equal parts excitement and fear.

To quote another Buffy fan{sorry I don't know who said this}

"OH.FUCKING.HELL"
That about sums it up for me.

amber
quote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:34 pm 
this is horrible. oh i'm wishing it doesn't happen. if it does there won't be anyone who can pull willow off the path of destruction that she'll choose to go down

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6