The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: University of Maryland National Gay and Lesbian Experiences
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:17 am 
quote:
http://www.otal.umd.edu/~hlyons/

At the University of Maryland at College Park, a research team composed of lesbians, gay men, and allies is conducting a large national survey of people who identify as lesbian, gay, or oriented toward individuals of the same sex. We are interested in relationship experiences, identity and coming out issues, cultural issues, religious issues, and workplace issues as they pertain to same-sex oriented individuals and couples.

We hope to survey as large and diverse a group of participants as possible. We need your help in completing our survey, which can be done in one of two ways: 1) via a survey posted on our website, or 2) by contacting us and requesting a paper-and-pencil version of our survey. The time required to complete this survey will be approximately 45 to 90 minutes. After you have completed the survey, you will have the option to include your email address so that you will be entered into a lottery for one of four $25 gift certificates to Amazon.com (an online bookstore).

If you are lesbian, gay, or same-sex oriented, and are willing to participate, then please click the appropriate link on our website to either complete the survey online or to request a copy by mail. In addition, we would greatly appreciate it if you would share this opportunity with others who you think would be interested in participating. Note that bisexual and transgendered people are welcome to participate, although our survey focuses exclusively on experiences related to same-sex orientation and relationships.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your time and participation in this study. Because there are an increasing number of surveys on the internet, you should know that this study is being conducted at a research university by a team of knowledgeable researchers, led by a faculty member with expertise in issues of gender, sexuality, and diversity. The survey may take a bit longer to complete than other questionnaires that you may have encountered, and we thank you in advance for the time it takes to contribute to meaningful scientific research.

If you have any questions about the study, please do not hesitate to contact us at nagles@umail.umd.edu. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Dr. Ruth Fassinger, Brad Brenner,
Susy Gallor, Ian Kellems, Misty Kolchakian,
Heather Lyons, and Andrew Mariotti
University of Maryland, College Park

quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:40 am 
Thanks for the link La That's a lot of questions. Many of them were similaer the the link Michele put up the other day.

------------------
Beep, beep

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 5:18 pm 
Thanks for the link La, that was a really interesting survey

Amy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 6:33 pm 
Whew.

*slings sweat from brow*

That took forever. I love stuff like that. I'm a sucker for a good survey/poll/test.

Thanks, La!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:29 pm 
Thanks La! That was very cool! It's nice to think that maybe we're helping them to fight discrimination and promote understanding with research like that.
, Holly

------------------
"I'm under your spell, nothing I can do, you just took my soul with you..."
~~Tara

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 3:58 am 
Thanks, La took it this afternoon and boy was it long but, I'm always up to be of assistance.

------------------
Sugarloaf
"Due to the recent presidential elections, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:02 am 
You're welcome! I decided to put it up because of the survey Michele put up. To be perfectly honest, I haven't even done it yet, I have some sort of respiratory thing going on and I haven't moved much from my host family's couch for the last two days.

------------------
~La

"No good sittin' worryin' abou' it. What's comin' will
come, an' we'll meet it when it does."
~Hagrid, from "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".