The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: General Season 6 Spoilers - Part 11
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:41 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Caesar:
There are some very special sites other then the one I posted that have official information for companies that help out the sage crew. I really can’t say anything more.

You hang with the sage crew? Well, I run with the Parsley Boyz. We're practically brothers. quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:12 am 
quote:
Originally posted by the literary exterminator:
You hang with the sage crew? Well, I run with the Parsley Boyz. We're practically brothers.

Okay, it's early in the morning here in Detroit and it's cold and I've got yet ANOTHER headache and there are still no good spoilers, but that just made me spit my grapefruit juice on the keyboard. Thanks for the laugh, Literary Exterminator! Much needed! quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:52 am 
Web sites

[This message has been edited by Caesar (edited March 28, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 7:41 am 
Hey there new to the board, been lurking for ahwile though. I've heard that the end of this season will change everything. Not quite sure what that means but I'm excited about the end of this season. Don't get me wrong I love W/T. They have really let Amber's charater grow this year. I'm wiating with baited breath.

------------------
That which does not kill you will only make you stronger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:23 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Caesar:
****New Spoilers
When Spike returns from Africa without his chip Buffy is forced into making a heart wrenching decision.

[This message has been edited by Caesar (edited March 27, 2002).]

Delurking...

I usually only delurk to help with hosting new eps or screencaps, but I had to comment on this since my first ship is S/B (my second ship is W/T).

Caesar, please tell me this isn't the old "Buffy stakes Spike" spoiler revisited. If you can give me any crumb or hint - I would really appreciate it. And, I won't post it anywhere else. I know the rules.

Also, thanks for all of your hard work scouting out location shoots and reporting back to us. I appreciate it. Edited to say that this comment was for Xita and BBOvenGuy.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Rbabe4 (edited March 28, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:37 am 
quote:
Originally posted by morgan1707:
There will always be a threat of SOMEONE finding Anya's necklace and smashing it, thus reverting everything back to the way it was before it happened.

This is what I would call a popular misconception, based on what the AU Giles said in The Wish. But he got it wrong.

In The Wish, AU Giles said that crushing the power center, causes all of the wishes to revert, but what they actually have shown us is not that.

Even though her pendent was crushed, in Hells Bells, the guy she made a demon shows up, and clearly, his wish was not reversed, otherwise he wouldn't still be a demon.

So based strictly on what we've seen on screen, for sure the last wish gets reversed. Prior wishes - for sure not all of them get reversed, and most likely, none of them. Kind of like instant replay in american football. Once another play (wish) is made, then all prior plays (wishes) are untouchable.

------------------
bzengo

Joss I love invoking all those (old horror) movies, but at the same time, the core of this series, emotionally, is a very safe place.

Joss (Sun Aug 30, 1998)
. . . Sooooo, someone is hoping this season will be less traumatic? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:59 am 
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but at the end of OAFA, Halfrek says something to the gang like, "You deserve to be cursed. Now all you have is time. Time...and each other." At the time I thought it was incredibly prophetic, and now I believe it's even more so. If Joss is really devoted to the idea of growing up, as he's stated, I think leaving them all alive and coping (Tara included) is the only way to go. That gives a lot of latitude for end-of-season angst, but Buffy is a profoundly moral universe. I have to believe that a major character wouldn't (permanently) die senselessly or without warning. Plus, Tara has been a victim for too much of her life. Martyring her simply to advance Willow's character arc would be nothing more than bad storytelling. So logically, she lives. I don't care how it happens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:02 am 
Just a quick thought.

Someone mentioned on the boards recently about Tara being some sort of "spirit guide" seen in "Restless." She is the spokesperson especially in Buffy's dream. She also has become the one confidante as of late that Buffy has shared her feelings with, regarding Spike. Tara also seems to be that one person who can clearly articulate what Buffy feels when the Slayer herself can't even do that. On a side note-interesting how Tara sometimes stutters when it comes to speaking her own mind, but when it comes to comforting/reassuring others, her message is crystal clear.

Anyways, back to my original point. Do any of you think, if not from a writer's standpoint (at least at first), that Tara was one of those characters originally slated to sorta "come into" the character's lives, and...hmmm, how do I put this...ok, lemme try this. I believe that yes, Tara and Willow were definitely meant to find each other, and fall in love. That is a given. But I think that over time, Tara's ultimate purpose in the Buffy universe became something much bigger...which I don't think even the writers realized. If they did, then kudos.

Tara has become sort of this neutralizer...she is a connecting branch to almost all of the current relationships. What I mean is, through her connection with Dawn vs. her connection with Buffy, it's almost as if the noncommunication going on between Buffy and her sister doesn't bear that much of an impact, because Tara is there to shoulder the emotional blow. She also is the connection to the Buffy/Spike relationship, etc. I hope that makes at least minimal sense.

And then of course, there's her relationship with Willow. While I regard Tara's decision to leave Willow for a period of time was definitely right on the mark, I think she overestimates Willow's ability to recover from her 'addiction' by herself. Don't get me wrong, Willow definitely shows amazing resolve, but let's look at what her motivations are: she wants to prove to Tara that she can make it without magic. It's essential to note that Willow doesn't really want this abstaining from magic for herself. You could argue that it's selfless, giving up magic for Tara, her lover...that without Tara magic would be useless. But I think that ultimately both Willow and Tara make minor mistakes; Willow for not truly recognizing the dangers of addiction, and Tara for underestimating that she is both the neutralizer and the conduit that can either keep Willow at bay, or send her over the edge. Again, hope this makes sense.

Another thing someone had said regarding Tara is that ME and co. wouldn't devote the season finale to just Tara. While I think this is true in the light of a narrative standpoint, (i.e. all the other plots), Tara's role in the lives of the Scoobies is more important than I think anyone realized. She is the emotional key (vs. Dawn's mystical key) that holds the group together. Look at it this way. Tara's death, sends Willow into despair and into Dark Magick, resulting in the deaths of possibly many of the Scoobies.

Sorry if I got too in-depth or confusing for you all But I just think from the overall arc/myth of the show, Tara's place in the Scoobies lives has yet to come full frontal.

And on a sort of OT, I do think that Anya may very well be the key to all this talk of a reset, and whatnot. We have heard little about what the other characters are doing...which also leads me to think that MN and ME are sorta watching us stew in our anger/hurt/resignation, etc over the spoilers of Tara's death. They're spoilers, after all. And if there is something coming up, we are definitely looking the other way. That's not to devalue the impact of "killing" Tara...that would definitely shoulder a blow. I just tend to think there's other stuff at stake here. And I think the rest of you do as well. Or at least we hope, right?

Thoughts, questions for the raving madman? lol

Justin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:16 am 
quote:
Originally posted by bzengo:
This is what I would call a popular misconception, based on what the AU Giles said in The Wish. But he got it wrong.

Either that or a change in The Matrix...

quote:
In The Wish, AU Giles said that crushing the power center, causes all of the wishes to revert, but what they actually have shown us is not that.

Even though her pendent was crushed, in Hells Bells, the guy she made a demon shows up, and clearly, his wish was not reversed, otherwise he wouldn't still be a demon.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that demon in Hell's Bells wasn't the only one, right? How about that troll in Triangle?

Maybe the writers made a mistake in there - but twice??? I don't think they forgot what Giles said in The Wish.

Or... if Giles was wrong with his thought in The Wish why did nobody mention it in Triangle?

Tatue
quote:quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:47 am 
So...when IS the next new Buffy? I know it's at least a few weeks off. Does anyone know?

The anticipation is awful!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:57 am 
quote:
Originally posted by Rbabe4:
Delurking...

I usually only delurk to help with hosting new eps or screencaps, but I had to comment on this since my first ship is S/B (my second ship is W/T).

Caesar, please tell me this isn't the old "Buffy stakes Spike" spoiler revisited. If you can give me any crumb or hint - I would really appreciate it. And, I won't post it anywhere else. I know the rules.

[This message has been edited by Rbabe4 (edited March 28, 2002).]

My interpretation of the brief episode summery was that Buffy may have to make a choice whether or not to kill dechipped Spike. But, of course knowing episode summaries her heart wrenching decision might be about evil Willow and the info about Spike returning was put in there because of stupidity or for dramatic purposes.

[This message has been edited by Caesar (edited March 28, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:58 am 
quote:
Originally posted by GirlyGirl:
So...when IS the next new Buffy? I know it's at least a few weeks off. Does anyone know?

The anticipation is awful!

I believe the next new episode is entitled "Entropy," and it will air on April 23.

--Sela

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:32 am 
Olaf was trapped in the crystal by witches so maybe that is why he wasn't reversed? Although I personally think that only the wish that was just made is reversed if the pendent is broken.

------------------
Beep, beep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:48 am 
quote:

Vampire Willow still existed even though Cordy's wish was reversed. Just because an alternate reality is finite doesn't mean it ceases to exist.

Anya: "Right. Uh, human perception is based on a linear chronology." - Dead Things

Which suggests that the whole linear thing is more a matter of our perception than a hard and fast rule. It's all a question of being able to move between dimensions, which the guy in HB clearly could.

And the Olaf was the guy she cursed before she became a demon, which was the thing that got D'Hoffryn's attention in the first place.

Unless they make it a point to say differently, I'd say we still have to go with the way the rule has been stated. Pendant smashing = all wishes reversed in the primary reality that the show inhabits.
quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:51 am 
quote:
Originally posted by ready4scully:
Just a quick thought.

Tara's ultimate purpose in the Buffy universe became something much bigger...
Justin

YES YES YES!

I've always said this. Maybe Joss was unsure that Tara 'would be the one', but I'm positive that he had someone in mind for this. Tara fits the bill, She has quietly grown in stature over the last couple of seasons from a quiet stuttering unconfidant person with issues, to being a mature woman who is the confidant, guide and enabler to all the core scoobies.

For this reason alone I think she will be back, I just hope ME does'nt do the hackneyed 'Randall and Hopkirk [deceased] on her and bring her back as a ghost.

I have faith in Joss. Tara is the great redeamer.

------------------
love and kisses

Still Waters Run Deep

" Hi!..um..aw...shit...he he he....'Scuz me..er.. I did'nt mean to..er....expose myself to.. ,ya know..public...*groan* "

Amber...quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:07 pm 
Just popping in for a quickie The transcript site is listing more titles for the last 3 eps. Previously, they listed: e20 as "Dearly Beloved" e21 as "Sunsets" and e22 as "Real". Now they have added the alternatives of: e20 as "Villians" e21 as "Serenade" and e22 as "Believe". I have no idea where they are getting these from, I haven't seen them anywhere else, so it makes me suspicious.

------------------
"Say, you all didn't happen to do a bunch of drugs, did ya?"
Willow in "Dopplegangland"

[This message has been edited by lesbianinmaine (edited March 28, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:33 pm 
U.S. Airdates foer new BtVS episodes
30th April - Entropy

7th May - Seeing Red

14th May - Villains

21st May - Episode 21 AND Episode 22

These new episodes are preceeded by the following re-runs:

2nd April - Wrecked

9th April - Gone

16th April - Doublemeat Palace AND Dead Things

So it looks like the rumours of UPN wanting a "Feature Length Season Finale" are true.

And we get Five new eps in a row!

I got this from Mr. Vidiot's website. Its always very reliable, so I'm assuming these are correct, especially with the rumours already of a double length finale on the 21st.

------------------
xxx

The Partyman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:41 pm 
And they moved entropy, we have to wait an extra week darn it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:56 pm 
Øøøøvvvvv....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:03 pm 
I guess UPN decided to have a 2 hour telemovie season finale. That explains why the budget for episodes 21 and 22 were linked. And the budget for those episodes is exorbitantly high, I can only speculate that this is why the past few episodes production values have been bad. They were just saving it up for the massive finale.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:07 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Puff:
Olaf was trapped in the crystal by witches so maybe that is why he wasn't reversed? Although I personally think that only the wish that was just made is reversed if the pendent is broken.

Actually I believe she turned him into a troll before she went vengeance demon, didn't she say that was how she got the job of vengeance demon?
quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:27 pm 
Just thought I'd point out that I did post quite a long while ago that episodes 21 & 22 would air together. The episodes were written in order to air this way...

I think that makes 2 things that I've said that have been confirmed... More to come!

Ed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:30 pm 
When EP10 Wrecked you will see alittle bit of DARK WILLOW she is in the Bronze and in front of the Magic Shop.So it looks like Sunnydale will burn in EP21&22.

------------------

Tara:Assume Crash Positions

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:34 pm 
Ed: Can I just ask you, will we know that Tara is alive and well by the end of Ep22 or do we have to wait for Ep1 of S7?

Cheers,

Di

------------------
"It was inconclusive and I didn't stick around to find out. I might have magic'd my fist through a wall or something - Willow (Normal Again)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:59 pm 
Remember this post from a few weeks back:

quote:
Originally posted by Darkholde:

Take this as you may:

My best friend, who lives in LA has a husband who does "out of house" computer special effects for various studios. I talked to him today and said he was talking to a colleague of his who said there is an F/X for a scene in BTVS, in which the character Anya does some sort of magic (major F/X scene) that reverses some bad events leading up to this scene. He said it seems to be the character who performs the magic that dies in the end. He obviously did not know much of the details since he and his colleague mostly talked about the technical aspect of this and not the story plot. Believe or not...

The Tara character dies, but is brought back. The Anya character is the one who dies in the end. Wait and see!!!

Now I’ll admit this was posted by an unknown newbie, but with all this talk about effects and big budgets, I just thought it was interesting. As you can tell, I’m seriously hurting for new spoilers here.

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:13 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Ed The Spoiler:
Just thought I'd point out that I did post quite a long while ago that episodes 21 & 22 would air together. The episodes were written in order to air this way...

I think that makes 2 things that I've said that have been confirmed... More to come!

Ed

How does that count as 2 things? What other original spoiler from you has been confirmed? Also, any vidiot could have figured out the 2 hour Buffy finale thing. Roswell is coming back April 23. It has 4 episodes left, so obviously there was an open time slot.quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:15 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by xita:
And they moved entropy, we have to wait an extra week darn it.

Do this mean it is not on on the 23rd?

------------------
Beep, beep
quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:40 pm 
Well, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that the finale will be a two-parter. Becoming pt 1&2, Grad Day 1&2, plus last year the whole last four eps were kinda one big "to be continued". Not complaining, of course, and well...I actually think compressing the real world time from when things go bad till the end of the finale is a good, even if we have to wait an extra week for the next new ep.

As for the Anya reversing the timeline and her being the one who dies...well, part of me would like to believe this if only because it would leave Tara alive (although I'd hate for us to lose Anya either) but...it's exactly what people have been speculating on and is from an unknown source, so I'm not hanging my hat on that yet.

Need.More.Info.

Sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:05 pm 
An extra week?

Oh poo. I mean...just poo.

So the new ep isn't until the 30th April then? Hmm...actually, that kind of works in my favor, heh heh. Woo.

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:14 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Wiccagrrl:
...it's exactly what people have been speculating on and is from an unknown source, so I'm not hanging my hat on that yet.

I agree – I was just tossing it out for discussion. April 30th – seems so far away for smoochies.

gf2020hotmail: I may be wrong, but I think you’ve used all your posts on this board to rag on Ed. If you don’t agree with him, then just say so without getting personal. I don’t think you need to insult him to make your point.

quote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next