The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: General Season 6 Spoilers - Part 11
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:20 pm 
For me, it just keeps on coming back to this: why?
Why would Marti do this? Why would Joss let her?
What the hell are they thinking?
The only thing I can think of is that this sort of thing has happened before-
Beauty and The Beast: show is high in the ratings, but the creator is bored with it, *and* has come to resent what he feels has been the huge fan base trying to (and sometimes succeeding) dictate what goes on in *his* show- so he kills off the main heroine, and changes the direction of the show.
More or less the same thing happened with Qauntum Leap, though no-one died, per say..
I know that there is at least one other example, but it escapes me for the moment.
What if Joss is doing this to "get back" at us for all the spoiler nonsense?
Listen, Beauty was at the top of the ratings game when it's creator pulled *his* crap, maybe loss of viewers are'nt really a concern to Joss on this.. I mean, 7 *is* the last season..

I just want my Willow and Tara, is that just too damn much to ask? Is it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:20 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by theatremouse:
yeah so about this two hour finale dealio, fill in my meager little brain, when they do two hour shows are pt 1 and pt 2 usually written by different people?

Bargaining Parts 1 & 2 had different writers

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:26 pm 

[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited March 21, 2002).]IP: LoggedPopjeCool Monster Fighter

posted March 21, 2002 15:35            

My sentiments are shared! Why pick on W/T? Seems almost like a ratings grab. First they have sex then one of them dies and the other goes mad. As others have pointed out it seems “So cliché!” Can this be the BtVS we love so much?
My judgement of S6 is it’s been a lackluster season. Lots of mopey characterizations (with exception of Tara and Anya funnily enough) - I mean can Buffy, Dawn, Xander, Spike and Willow get any more whiney? And they’re sitting around. And sitting around. After 14 eps they can’t find a couple of geeks for crying out loud. This is the team that hunted down the Mayor and the Master as teenagers? The show has not set up any major chills or thrills or laughs for me this year. The only ep, carrying the fire and energy was the musical and maybe Tabula Rasa. And well, one of those was a Joss ep. And so after a fairly blaise sense of conflict, drama and action, we get the writers targeting our fave couple (after watching them separated for most of the year) for a major explosion. It seems like rabbit out of the hat drama to me. Well that’s my rant for the day.

IP: Logged

posted March 21, 2002 15:35             My sentiments are shared! Why pick on W/T? Seems almost like a ratings grab. First they have sex then one of them dies and the other goes mad. As others have pointed out it seems “So cliché!” Can this be the BtVS we love so much?
My judgement of S6 is it’s been a lackluster season. Lots of mopey characterizations (with exception of Tara and Anya funnily enough) - I mean can Buffy, Dawn, Xander, Spike and Willow get any more whiney? And they’re sitting around. And sitting around. After 14 eps they can’t find a couple of geeks for crying out loud. This is the team that hunted down the Mayor and the Master as teenagers? The show has not set up any major chills or thrills or laughs for me this year. The only ep, carrying the fire and energy was the musical and maybe Tabula Rasa. And well, one of those was a Joss ep. And so after a fairly blaise sense of conflict, drama and action, we get the writers targeting our fave couple (after watching them separated for most of the year) for a major explosion. It seems like rabbit out of the hat drama to me. Well that’s my rant for the day.
IP: LoggedSelaCool Monster Fighter

posted March 21, 2002 15:36               
Well, if Joss wanted to get back at all the spoiled people, he'd pretty much have to screw every character...oh, wait...

No, seriously, I don't think this is retaliation for spoilers. Joss has a different mentality when it comes to fans. He doesn't resent us. If anything, he recognizes that it's the fans that keep his machine running. If he was that petty, then I wouldn't watch the show.

I keep hearing how Joss likes to make characters indispensible and then he offs them, but it seems like an odd description to me. He's killed Jenny, Kendra and Joyce. But that's really it. I don't see these first two characters as being indispensible. Jenny hadn't been given time to really grow and to be widely accepted as a member of the Scoobies. Kendra, well, three or four episodes does not a Scooby make. As for Joyce--well, that one was much more plot driven than anything else. Joss always knew he was going to kill her off, but he had to wait until the characters were the most vulnerable. The killing of a character has never ever been this gratuitous, graphic, and really nonsensical IMO.

--Sela

[This message has been edited by Sela (edited March 21, 2002).]

posted March 21, 2002 15:36                Well, if Joss wanted to get back at all the spoiled people, he'd pretty much have to screw every character...oh, wait...

No, seriously, I don't think this is retaliation for spoilers. Joss has a different mentality when it comes to fans. He doesn't resent us. If anything, he recognizes that it's the fans that keep his machine running. If he was that petty, then I wouldn't watch the show.

I keep hearing how Joss likes to make characters indispensible and then he offs them, but it seems like an odd description to me. He's killed Jenny, Kendra and Joyce. But that's really it. I don't see these first two characters as being indispensible. Jenny hadn't been given time to really grow and to be widely accepted as a member of the Scoobies. Kendra, well, three or four episodes does not a Scooby make. As for Joyce--well, that one was much more plot driven than anything else. Joss always knew he was going to kill her off, but he had to wait until the characters were the most vulnerable. The killing of a character has never ever been this gratuitous, graphic, and really nonsensical IMO.

--Sela

[This message has been edited by Sela (edited March 21, 2002).]IP: LoggedDr.GLesbian Gay Type Lover

JustSomeGuy, about Beauty and the Beast, I remember reading an interview with Ron Perlman in which he stated that Linda Hamilton wanted to leave the show because she was pregnant and wanted to spend more time with her family. Still killing her off was equal to killing the show.

As for Joss Whedon, I've always gotten the impression that he does not really care what others (people not part of his staff I mean) think. I mean I am sure he cares, but to a degree, I cannot believe he would screw up his best creation to get back at anybody.

At Nocturnal during his talk he was jokingly talking about how he had thought that introducing Dawn as the younger sister would be original, only to hear everybody tell him that that has been done in every other soap on the planet or something. Not sure if he meant that, his sarcasm can be difficult to interpret at times. Heh.

He has always managed to be very original even when introducing old cliches. I don't think this is happening to punish anybody or to please anybody for that matter. But if this is how it ends I will not forgive, and I will not watch it. There really is no excuse that justifies pleasing the people this scenario will please. Hmmph, as for your last question. No. It is not too much to ask.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 21, 2002).]

posted March 21, 2002 15:36                JustSomeGuy, about Beauty and the Beast, I remember reading an interview with Ron Perlman in which he stated that Linda Hamilton wanted to leave the show because she was pregnant and wanted to spend more time with her family. Still killing her off was equal to killing the show.

As for Joss Whedon, I've always gotten the impression that he does not really care what others (people not part of his staff I mean) think. I mean I am sure he cares, but to a degree, I cannot believe he would screw up his best creation to get back at anybody.

At Nocturnal during his talk he was jokingly talking about how he had thought that introducing Dawn as the younger sister would be original, only to hear everybody tell him that that has been done in every other soap on the planet or something. Not sure if he meant that, his sarcasm can be difficult to interpret at times. Heh.

He has always managed to be very original even when introducing old cliches. I don't think this is happening to punish anybody or to please anybody for that matter. But if this is how it ends I will not forgive, and I will not watch it. There really is no excuse that justifies pleasing the people this scenario will please. Hmmph, as for your last question. No. It is not too much to ask.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 21, 2002).]IP: LoggedBBOvenGuyStrong like an Amazon

posted March 21, 2002 15:37               

Well, that's the thing, Brian. I can't let myself get too angry because it'll interfere with my own writing. I reached this conclusion after I was completely unable to do any story-planning yesterday because I kept checking the board to see if there was any new news. Bailing out early is pretty much a self-defense mechanism.

posted March 21, 2002 15:37                Well, that's the thing, Brian. I can't let myself get too angry because it'll interfere with my own writing. I reached this conclusion after I was completely unable to do any story-planning yesterday because I kept checking the board to see if there was any new news. Bailing out early is pretty much a self-defense mechanism.IP: LoggedPerfume VFloating Rose

Does anyone think that the 'ambiguous' ending to 'Normal Again' contained a strong hint that this could be reset by the end of the season? After all, if this season is only happening inside an insane girl's mind (Buffy, not Marti ) anything's possible...

posted March 21, 2002 15:37                Does anyone think that the 'ambiguous' ending to 'Normal Again' contained a strong hint that this could be reset by the end of the season? After all, if this season is only happening inside an insane girl's mind (Buffy, not Marti ) anything's possible...IP: LoggedWeb WarlockSassy Eggs

Exactly.

If want this kind of pain on TV, I'll watch CNN.

I won't touch another thing that Joss or Marti do on TV if this stays bad. I'll watch Amber and Aly in anything. But I don't have to take this crap.

My wife absolutly detests "Ally McBeal" since they killed of Billy. If they keep Tara dead, I won't need to convince her not to watch. And she is the one who got me to watch all of Voyager!

So ME, if you have your little spies out there reading this, take notes. This is how you shoot yourself in the foot. You have given me some great characters and stories, but I don't have to take this. I'll support other fans by reading fan fics, or playing the RPG game with Tara still alive.
Show that you are smarter than the David Kellys, JMSs and Chris Carters out there.

Speaking of the RPG. I don't know how it is with most license holders, but Fox, ME and Joss already got their money. Not buying some products hurts that manufacture and not ME, Fox. So yes, I plan to buy all of the Buffy RPG books this summer, not because of ME, but because it would hurt the guys and gals at Eden even more.

Warlock

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/
Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
The FanCC: http://www.enworld.org/fancc/
--
Jesus saves. Allah forgives. Buddha shows the light.
Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

posted March 21, 2002 15:37                Exactly.

I won't touch another thing that Joss or Marti do on TV if this stays bad. I'll watch Amber and Aly in anything. But I don't have to take this crap.

My wife absolutly detests "Ally McBeal" since they killed of Billy. If they keep Tara dead, I won't need to convince her not to watch. And she is the one who got me to watch all of Voyager!

So ME, if you have your little spies out there reading this, take notes. This is how you shoot yourself in the foot. You have given me some great characters and stories, but I don't have to take this. I'll support other fans by reading fan fics, or playing the RPG game with Tara still alive.
Show that you are smarter than the David Kellys, JMSs and Chris Carters out there.

Speaking of the RPG. I don't know how it is with most license holders, but Fox, ME and Joss already got their money. Not buying some products hurts that manufacture and not ME, Fox. So yes, I plan to buy all of the Buffy RPG books this summer, not because of ME, but because it would hurt the guys and gals at Eden even more.

Warlock

------------------
Web Warlock
--
IP: LoggedmariacometCool Monster Fighter

posted March 21, 2002 15:39               

quote:
Originally posted by JustSomeGuy:

....maybe loss of viewers are'nt really a concern to Joss on this.. I mean, 7 *is* the last season..

There are a lot of reasons I could come up with for why. Though most are rationalizations. I can even think of some positive rationalizations. like...maybe Joss is doing this to 'get back at' the gay person dies stereotype, assuming that he makes it okay in the end.

I agree that this season has had little in the way of hope or joy. And I can't take much more. Still, I want to give Joss and ME a chance to turn it all around. I want to believe there is some master plan here and that Joss does in fact know what he is doing, and what he is putting the fans through.

I have seen what you are describing though, a number of times. The writers suddenly begin to think they are smarter then the fans. Good writers of a show assume that the fans don't really know what they want. Which is true, to an extent. Like on the show 'Moonlighting' we liked the dance of sexual tension, and we wanted the leads to get together. But we also didn't want them to get together because the dance of sexual tension would end.

We WANT Tara and Willow to be happy. But then again, love depends on dealing with strife and that IS what Buffy is all about. How long would we all watch if everything was happy and cheery?

The problem is that the writers have gone to the other extreme. They aren't really giving ANY of us what we want. not even a little.

Joss may have gotten to the point where he believes he knows better than we do. That his 'creative license' is more important then the fans. I don't know. I hope not.

But he has to care about writing because Firefly is NOT a success yet and UPN MAY want more of Buffy IF the ratings keep up.

May I point out that most everything Rob Tabert has done since Xena has failed miserably?

quote:

....maybe loss of viewers are'nt really a concern to Joss on this.. I mean, 7 *is* the last season..

There are a lot of reasons I could come up with for why. Though most are rationalizations. I can even think of some positive rationalizations. like...maybe Joss is doing this to 'get back at' the gay person dies stereotype, assuming that he makes it okay in the end.

I agree that this season has had little in the way of hope or joy. And I can't take much more. Still, I want to give Joss and ME a chance to turn it all around. I want to believe there is some master plan here and that Joss does in fact know what he is doing, and what he is putting the fans through.

I have seen what you are describing though, a number of times. The writers suddenly begin to think they are smarter then the fans. Good writers of a show assume that the fans don't really know what they want. Which is true, to an extent. Like on the show 'Moonlighting' we liked the dance of sexual tension, and we wanted the leads to get together. But we also didn't want them to get together because the dance of sexual tension would end.

We WANT Tara and Willow to be happy. But then again, love depends on dealing with strife and that IS what Buffy is all about. How long would we all watch if everything was happy and cheery?

The problem is that the writers have gone to the other extreme. They aren't really giving ANY of us what we want. not even a little.

Joss may have gotten to the point where he believes he knows better than we do. That his 'creative license' is more important then the fans. I don't know. I hope not.

But he has to care about writing because Firefly is NOT a success yet and UPN MAY want more of Buffy IF the ratings keep up.

May I point out that most everything Rob Tabert has done since Xena has failed miserably?
quote:IP: LoggedCajjyBlessed Wannabe

posted March 21, 2002 15:49            

Question
I pulled this straight from the spoilers on AnGelX's website, whom I think all agree is a consistent source of reliable information.

"Although initially, she does a very good deed, she is later blinded by the desire for vengeance. No one (and as you'll see, nothing) is able to stop her."

This of course is referring to Willow going ballistic after finding Tara's body.

My question is, what could be this "very good deed" be? Please don't tell me it is tracking down Warren and killing him in cold blood. It cant be bringing Tara back from the dead either, because every thing we have been presented lead us to believe that she doesn't.

God, this is killing me. I don't ever remember being this nervous about a series finale before.

Here's hoping for a happy ending! (And yes Joss my only definition of a happy ending is to see an alive Tara running into Willow's arms as the credits roll!)

posted March 21, 2002 15:49             Question
I pulled this straight from the spoilers on AnGelX's website, whom I think all agree is a consistent source of reliable information.

"Although initially, she does a very good deed, she is later blinded by the desire for vengeance. No one (and as you'll see, nothing) is able to stop her."

This of course is referring to Willow going ballistic after finding Tara's body.

My question is, what could be this "very good deed" be? Please don't tell me it is tracking down Warren and killing him in cold blood. It cant be bringing Tara back from the dead either, because every thing we have been presented lead us to believe that she doesn't.

God, this is killing me. I don't ever remember being this nervous about a series finale before.

Here's hoping for a happy ending! (And yes Joss my only definition of a happy ending is to see an alive Tara running into Willow's arms as the credits roll!)IP: LoggedwiccieSassy Eggs

Backing up Garfield, yeah the B&B sitch was because LH wanted to be mom. Another bit of Lesbo trivia, the actress (Jo Andersen, I think) who replaced Linda played the "surviving" lesbian on "Northern Exposure".

If this is indeed a train wreck and not a self-contained rollercoaster ride, I'll be the first to throw mud on Joss. I still believe this will be OK in the long run, though. To each their own.

Oh, and I hope to get a plushy Cthulhu doll for my birthday.

posted March 21, 2002 15:49                Backing up Garfield, yeah the B&B sitch was because LH wanted to be mom. Another bit of Lesbo trivia, the actress (Jo Andersen, I think) who replaced Linda played the "surviving" lesbian on "Northern Exposure".

If this is indeed a train wreck and not a self-contained rollercoaster ride, I'll be the first to throw mud on Joss. I still believe this will be OK in the long run, though. To each their own.

Oh, and I hope to get a plushy Cthulhu doll for my birthday. IP: LoggedCiciWillowhand

posted March 21, 2002 15:50               

quote:
Originally posted by Wiccagrrl:
Cici, yeah, I guess we'll see. We know we get a fairly passionate kiss in ep 18. (See first post) We know Amber mentioned a naked (well, with modesty clothing) bed scene. How much we see on screen, we'll see, but the implication seems to be make-up sex.

Considering Tara gets killed shortly after the make-up, I actually wouldn't be a bit surprised if we did get an actual love scene. Y'know, just so we get the highest highs and the lowest lows. Or maybe the actual love scene will wait until they bring Tara back (thinking positively here)

"passionate kiss" ? Like Jessie and Katie? *g*
Oh my God! I sooooo hope for a lovescene. A little skin here and there *g*

I try to think positiv too, and i know "nobody is really dead in Joss´ World"
For example Jenny and Joyce......

quote:
Cici, yeah, I guess we'll see. We know we get a fairly passionate kiss in ep 18. (See first post) We know Amber mentioned a naked (well, with modesty clothing) bed scene. How much we see on screen, we'll see, but the implication seems to be make-up sex.

Considering Tara gets killed shortly after the make-up, I actually wouldn't be a bit surprised if we did get an actual love scene. Y'know, just so we get the highest highs and the lowest lows. Or maybe the actual love scene will wait until they bring Tara back (thinking positively here)

quote:IP: LoggedBBOvenGuyStrong like an Amazon

posted March 21, 2002 15:56               

quote:
Originally posted by Cajjy:

If I remember what I've been told correctly, Buffy also gets shot and Willow manages to save her with magic. Someone with more knowledge may come along to correct me, though.

quote:

If I remember what I've been told correctly, Buffy also gets shot and Willow manages to save her with magic. Someone with more knowledge may come along to correct me, though.

quote:IP: LoggedWardukeStrong like an Amazon

posted March 21, 2002 15:57               

quote:
Originally posted by BBOvenGuy:
Well, that's the thing, Brian. I can't let myself get too angry because it'll interfere with my own writing. I reached this conclusion after I was completely unable to do any story-planning yesterday because I kept checking the board to see if there was any new news. Bailing out early is pretty much a self-defense mechanism.

Oh I completely understand Bob, I would advise most Kittens who will take this very badly to do like you and just not watch it but for me, I want all that anger and rage to be at a boil if the worst comes to pass, but that’s not a good thing for most people, I just happen to thrive on it, but most people shouldn’t watch if it does turn out bad.

quote:

Oh I completely understand Bob, I would advise most Kittens who will take this very badly to do like you and just not watch it but for me, I want all that anger and rage to be at a boil if the worst comes to pass, but that’s not a good thing for most people, I just happen to thrive on it, but most people shouldn’t watch if it does turn out bad.

quote:

I will watch the rest of this season, if everything turns out good, then I'll be unbelievably overjoyed but if it turns out bad, then I will not be watching next year, or watching anything else that Joss does…ever.

And the reason I will watch all the bad stuff, is that if it does indeed turn out bad, I want all my anger and rage and complete and utter disappointment to be at their pinnacle when I write to ME

[This message has been edited by Warduke (edited March 21, 2002).]

Popje
Cool Monster Fighter

posted March 21, 2002 15:35            
My sentiments are shared! Why pick on W/T? Seems almost like a ratings grab. First they have sex then one of them dies and the other goes mad. As others have pointed out it seems “So cliché!” Can this be the BtVS we love so much?

Sela
Cool Monster Fighter

Well, if Joss wanted to get back at all the spoiled people, he'd pretty much have to screw every character...oh, wait...

--Sela

Dr.G
Lesbian Gay Type Lover

JustSomeGuy, about Beauty and the Beast, I remember reading an interview with Ron Perlman in which he stated that Linda Hamilton wanted to leave the show because she was pregnant and wanted to spend more time with her family. Still killing her off was equal to killing the show.

BBOvenGuy
Strong like an Amazon

Perfume V
Floating Rose

Does anyone think that the 'ambiguous' ending to 'Normal Again' contained a strong hint that this could be reset by the end of the season? After all, if this season is only happening inside an insane girl's mind (Buffy, not Marti ) anything's possible...

Web Warlock
Sassy Eggs

Exactly.

Warlock

------------------
Web Warlock
--

mariacomet
Cool Monster Fighter

quote:

Cajjy
Blessed Wannabe

Question

Here's hoping for a happy ending! (And yes Joss my only definition of a happy ending is to see an alive Tara running into Willow's arms as the credits roll!)

wiccie
Sassy Eggs

Backing up Garfield, yeah the B&B sitch was because LH wanted to be mom. Another bit of Lesbo trivia, the actress (Jo Andersen, I think) who replaced Linda played the "surviving" lesbian on "Northern Exposure".

Cici
Willowhand

quote:

BBOvenGuy
Strong like an Amazon

quote:

Warduke
Strong like an Amazon

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:35 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:36 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:36 pm 

--Sela

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:37 pm 

Exactly.

Warlock

------------------
Web Warlock
--

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:39 pm 
quote:

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:49 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:49 pm 
Question

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:50 pm 
quote:

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:56 pm 
quote:

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:57 pm 
quote:

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:01 pm 
Something interesting came up when I was reading the new Buffy novel. Anya is asking Willow why she decided not to be a vengeance demon. Here's Willow's reply:

"I don't know if I can explain it. Yes, I was furious with Oz - I've never been so angry in my life. I even started to mojo him, seriously mojo, but in the end I decided not to go through with it. Why? Because deep down inside, I knew I wouldn't be like that - hurting - forever, no matter what I was feeling at the time. I knew I would eventually heal. And when I did, I wanted the rest of my life to be okay - I didn't want to do anything that would make the good parts of it go bad. You know?....I just knew in here." She touched the center of her chest for emphasis. "See, it's more than just what happens to the physical body. It has to do with what touches the spirit, too, with the essence of yourself that lasts forever, whether or not you've got a bunch of blood and bones carrying it around. I kind of think that even if we don't have a body, we still go on forever. We're all part of the energy of the universe, but it's our choice whether we're going to be on the dark side of that energy, where everything is in the shadows and it all feels cold and angry and always full of pain, or on the light side, where it's just the opposite."

What I found interesting is that Willow seems so aware in this novel about good and bad, or what constitutes goodness and badness. She's more than aware that if she loses herself to the pain, she will die too, spiritually. And yet, this is what's going to happen. And it's not my Willow, you know? It's not the Willow I've loved for six years. She wouldn't do that.

I guess I'm a little pissed at the writers for allowing cliche to guide their creativity rather than the character. For allowing this to happen to an established character, rather than thinking, hmmm, now how would Willow deal with it.

She's spent so long this season proving that she's not going to give in to the addiction, and now we're going to see her return to the first six/seven episodes. Sigh. Where's the development in that? Where's the characterisation?

I read the posts talking about whether you'll watch the show or not after all this is over. All I can say is that there's going to have to be a lot of convincing before I'll simply believe.

Sigh.

I'm done now.

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:05 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by wiccie:
Backing up Garfield, yeah the B&B sitch was because LH wanted to be mom...

lurvingly snipped

I think I actually still have B&B on tape somewhere!

Anyway, all I have to say about not watching the show if all of this comes to pass is, I came into Buffy viewing as a Tara fan. That's what got me to the show in season 4 in the first place. So for me... it basically wouldn't have the reason I started watching, therefore, I really can't say I could muster up the energy to watch it every Tuesday next year if they do away with her.

------------------
"Oh, man. I wish I WAS a lesbian. I would get laid every night for the rest of my life." ~ Amber Benson, Loveline 3/14/02
quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:05 pm 
I know I am posting a lot here today, and I am sorry. But if you knew what I was doing on the other side of this screen you would forgive me.

See. If I thought Tara death was some how related to Amber wanting to go on and do other things, I could come to be ok with it. Granted ok as I could get, but I would understand.

I am not getting that she want to go anywhere else. Sure she is multi-talanted, and I KNOW we will not be hearing the last of her even after "Buffy" has gone to syndication forever. But she seems to want to stay here.

And then all the talk of Joss and Marti loving her. Is that just sunshine they are trying to blow up our butts or do they mean it?

More confused than when this day started....

Plushy Cthulhu dolls for all the Kittens! I can't pay for them of course.

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
--

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:06 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Warduke:

Oh sexy Canadian rage. Yum.

Cici, exactly how are Joyce and Jenny not dead? They have shown up in demon induced hallucinations, but otherwise they are quite dead.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 21, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:13 pm 
The only thing that is keeping me hopeful that Tara will not stay dead or come back in some other form (although I don't if I really like that idea) is the dialogue that keeps repeating how they will always be together -

After Tara has her brain sucked out, the doctor asks Willow if she is her sister and Willow replies - "She's my everything."

Then when Willow does her magic and Tara gets her brain back, Willow says "I found you, I'll always find you."

Then this season when Willow and Xander are missing after trying to resurrect Buffy, Tara tells Anya that her and Willow always find each other.

I can't imagine the writers would keep including that dialogue without a good reason.

*edited to say that instead of double posting, edit your first post and add anything new to that one.

[This message has been edited by WillTara (edited March 21, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:21 pm 
Thanks guys. I've been having a little argument myself but a lot of your comments here have settled. Since I know, without a shred of a doubt, that I will never watch ep 19(that's how strongly I feel about it). I've been debating if I should watch the rest of the season. I always felt on the tragedy-laden boat ride down the river Styxx that has been this season that there WAS a line and if it was ever crossed I was gone. And boy, has it ever been. Hope is what got me past Tabula Rasa, what's scary is I don't think I have much hope left. So, I add what little I have left to hoping that everything is alright at the end.

[This message has been edited by TyRex316 (edited March 21, 2002).]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:51 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by mariacomet:

This has been my reason for hope; that Joss fully intends to blast the cliche right out of the water this time. He's gone headfirst at it the past two years -- first with NMR (cliche in place: boyfriend comes back, lesbian leaves her lover to return to him and 'normalcy'...OH! WAIT! NO! She actually realizes who she is and where her destiny and True Love lies and ends up recommitting herself to her relationship with her girlfriend...); and then last year in TL thru The Gift (cliche in place: one girlfriend goes crazy, the other goes on a vengeance spree, everything goes to hell in a handbasket for them and everyone around them...OH! WAIT! NO! They end up sticking together through it all, one recommitting her love and her life to the care of the other who somehow, despite being so lost in the muddle of her mind, still recognizes and connects with her lover. Oh yeah, and together they end up playing a critical role in saving almost everybody else's asses in the end...).

I just keep telling myself that it is no "accident" that this latest scenario of the cliche has been set up. And I do have to believe it is a purposeful set-up. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, yada yada yada...

I just hope that whatever it is that ME has in mind for stating the case this time around is worth all the pain and anguish that we who already get it are going to have to endure as they play it all out.

Because I gotta be honest here, this is really pushing the limits of faith and fairness with the loyal viewership...and nothing short of a miraculously uplifting finale is going to make this anywhere near worth having had to go through the utter brutality of it.

Oh yeah...and the girls better be getting a free pass to love and bliss and limitless smoochies next season; they deserve it and so do we. Joss and Marti can look elsewhere to find a new Poster Couple for Angst..

--jr

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:51 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.G:
[B]JustSomeGuy, about Beauty and the Beast, I remember reading an interview with Ron Perlman in which he stated that Linda Hamilton wanted to leave the show because she was pregnant and wanted to spend more time with her family. Still killing her off was equal to killing the show.

Ahhh, Beauty and the Beast. I was wondering if that show would ever come up in this discussion. I actually know quite a bit about that situation. It was indeed Linda Hamilton who wanted out. What's interesting is that the writers later admitted that they were so angry with Linda for bailing, that they killed her character in a purposely cruel and spiteful manner to get back at her. They later regretted their harshness and felt the character deserved more. Just thought I'd point out that sometimes how a writer feels about an actor DOES translate into how their characters are treated in scripts. I don't think that Joss's affection for Amber/Tara is necessarily a moot point.

However, you can count me among those who will NOT watch Tara die and Willow go evil if I find out it is permanent. And even if things turn out okay this time, I will be carefully reading the spoiler thread next season and if I even get a whiff of more significant W/T agony, I'm outta here. I'm not going through this again. It's just awful.

Amy

[This message has been edited by Willowlicious (edited March 21, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 2:53 pm 

I have a theory...

People say that if this goes down it will be aginst the developments both Wil and Buffy have been making. They also say that the reste is stupid as they won't learn. Where heres anothe rperspective.

They have ALREADY learnt. Both Buffy and Willow are dealing and their stories are wrapping up, they are 'growing up'. The reason they both suddenly flyback off the wagon is due to ONE person ie. Warren, who refuses to grow up. If he kills Tara and stes off this chain of events he destroys the 'happy ending' that was occuring. So when it is reversed it stops Warren destroying what they learnt;they don't need to remember. This is also why wareen is the biggest big bad.. a normal human destorying everything they worked for. He refuses to grow up and brings about these events; the reversal stops HIM but doesn't effect Buffy and Wil as they alreayd learnt the rerst of the season.

Did that make any sense???

------------------
Trust In Joss

"Liberate tutemet ex inferis"

"Me and Willow always know how to find each other"

"Black mircles, dark wonders, another life of unknown pleasures"

"There are some corners of the Universe that have bred the most terrible things, things that stand against everything we believe in. They must be fought"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:04 pm 
Not that I guess it matters, but I'm definitely with the "I won't watch if Tara stays dead" gang!

I have watched this show since the first episode and have loved and defended it ever since, but this season, I've pretty much watched it go from an entertaining, wonderful show, to a depressing dark one.

It's not just what's happened to W+T, although that is my main priority, it's what's happened to everyone else too, which I realise is part of Joss's big theme of 'Grow UP' but as far as I can see, there isn't much about growing up to be seen, only pain, fear and despair, if that's Joss's version of growing up, boy did he have a screwed up childhood!

I still have some faith in Joss, but it's becoming increasingly strained, I still have hope that he's going to put this right, that Tara is going to be alive at the end and that she and Willow will be happy and together, because I desperately need them to be, because as hard as this season has been to watch, I still want and need this show, but I know I won't be able to watch it anymore if he insists on tearing it all to hell and that depresses me more than I can tell you.

------------------
I am in thunderous agreement, oh glittering, glistening Glorificus! : Jinx in Tough Love

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:10 pm 
Tyrex316 - river styx - I like that. Now if we can only drink the waters of the Styx that bring forgetfullness...'cause this season sure is bleak. I'm all for some hope, please. Even the Gift, with Buffy's death, had more hope (saving the world and all). Post Sept 11 I want my TV to be more adventure, not depressing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:11 pm 
Scarecrow -

Good analysis.... and I'd speculate, very on the money.

Buffy, Willow, Spike, Giles, Tara, and Xander will have all matured and learned a great deal by episode 19.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:13 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Willowlicious:
Ahhh, Beauty and the Beast. I was wondering if that show would ever come up in this discussion. I actually know quite a bit about that situation. It was indeed Linda Hamilton who wanted out. What's interesting is that the writers later admitted that they were so angry with Linda for bailing, that they killed her character in a purposely cruel and spiteful manner to get back at her. They later regretted their harshness and felt the character deserved more.

Ironic. I've got all the B&B episodes on tape. Absolutely loved that show. Vincent could read poetry to me any time, anywhere, any which way he wanted to... *sigh*

But the thing is, I haven't been able to watch those tapes since the episode aired where they killed off Catherine in what I felt was a cruel and despicable fashion...

I'm just saying...

--jr

quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:16 pm 
Scarecrow, makes perfect sense to me. That's been rolling around in my head for the last few days in fact. I mean, for the fact that Willow wouldn't even resort to magic to save her own life shows how much she's learned and grown up. Yeah, she may go hellbent, but that's emotional trauma. Can't blame someone for backslideing after losing their soulmate. Then there's Buffy, who pretty much made her big growing up decision in "Normal Again." She decided to live and deal with the hardships in this life instead of hiding from it. Both have learned their lessons.

The only one who really hasn't is Xander. So, if there is a reset and it is Anya who sacrifices herself for it, then he's the only one who needs to remember...or at least know what she sacrificed for him and why.

Makes the idea of a reset/reversal more feasable and doesn't necessarily negate what most of them have already learned.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:18 pm 
Think before taking the spoilers word for word that includes the confirm spoilers. Use the clues that Joss and the writer's put in the episodes there are so many, like how many deaths,who is really the big bad, and how the season will end. I will give to everybody the Scoobies have to pay the price for bringing Buffy back is death of the four who brought her back. The clues are in Afterlife. Along with a line that tara said assume crash positions and she said two times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next