The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tara and Willow...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:52 pm 
... are absolutely adorable. I amazed to see a lesbian relationship portrayed in such a touching, sensitive and FUN manner on television. I come from the UK and sometimes over here we can be a bit too cynical and like our drama that bit too gritty - we get realism at the cost of romance, and I think sometimes that's a little bit of a shame...

I like to sit back and relax and watch something that may be pure fantasy but it is incredibly entertaining and well, just darn beautiful (... if that's not too cheesy for me to say). That's BtVS in general, and W & T in particular.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:18 am 
Yes see that's the thing, I hate to be corny but lesbians don't get couples on tv. They hardly do but w/t are more than just a couple. They are like a forever kind of love. It is idealistic and perfect in intensity. It is unmatched in the buffyverse with the exception of perhaps B/A who had obvious problems and couldn't really be together.

Anyway, there is a purity that inspires.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 8:06 am 
While we all melt before the sweetness that is the W/T relationship, we should not forget one other committed couple on network TV: Carol and Susan from "Friends" . While we don't see them that much, it's been made clear that they are committed to each other and to Ben (who, in a recent repeat, got into a fight with another student at his school who made fun of him because his moms were "lesbanems" ).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 8:13 am 
I have hopes for Dr.Weaver and the lovely firefighter in ER (remember the UK is behind the US in eps)

Lisa Vidal is a little 'hottie'. I remember her from 'High Incident'... she does wear a uniform well that woman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:15 am 
quote:
Originally posted by xita:
Yes see that's the thing, I hate to be corny but lesbians don't get couples on tv.

Yeah,not to say all of it but most of it,they get troubles,they get criticism. True,those things are exist.But true love is exist also ( Or is it because that media likes to show us the negative vibes? )
That's why I love Willow and Tara so much.They're love and they're beautiful for that.

This world has too much negative things already.

*Fuzz*
quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:24 am 
At the risk of getting myself battered by the rest of the kittens, I think that the whole W/T relationship transcends the lesbian couple thing, for all that that's a positive situation.

Gender differences don't come into it.
I may be generalising but IMO that's what us straight guys get out of it...pure unconditional love...and I guess we all want a bit of that.

------------------
love and kisses

Still Waters Run Deep

" Hi!..um..aw...shit...he he he....'Scuz me..er.. I did'nt mean to..er....expose myself to.. ,ya know..public...*groan* "

Amber...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 10:31 am 
I do not think you can speak for all straight guys, no one can speak for anybody else really. I know I love them for the true love they embody first and foremost, but the fact that they are a same sex couple who share that true love is so very important as well. What happens to them is important for more reasons than just the entertainment value of it I think. Joss et all have created something truly unique.

[This message has been edited by Dr.G (edited March 15, 2002).]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:02 pm 
Well as a straight, married guy, I get Willow and Tara. To me they have allways been about true love.

The fact that they are a same sex couple shows that first love comes in every shape a size and second that Joss and ME are very brave to show us that true love can and does happen between same sex couples.

But let's not also forget the acting of Aly and Amber. Lesser actresses could not pull this off. That's what helps this transcend "oh they are only a fictional couple".

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/
Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
The FanCC: http://www.enworld.org/fancc/
--
"And remember, if you hurt her, I will beat you to death with a shovel.
A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend." - Willow.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:06 pm 
willow and tara is a gift!

as for a more different note... i have been watching ER for the past 3 years, and yes, i do have hopes for dr. weaver and sandy lopez (the firefighter)... but i am really rooting for dr. kim (elizabeth mitchell from "Gia")

sorry if my post got a little out of place (?)... can't help it.

------------------
"Knowing I was a lesbian transformed the way I saw, heard, perceived the whole world." -pat califa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:25 pm 
w/t are soulmates-they will always find each other. to me its a big deal that they are a lesbian couple. Transcending is cool but, lesbian smoochies rule!!
Willow and Tara forever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:05 am 
They are the cutest couple ever!!! Willow and Tara Forever ;o)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:10 am 
Willow and Tara have the most real relationship on BtVS! They're the real thing! I also read in TV Guide that Dr. Weaver is afraid Sandy died in a fire. I don't think she does since she's in the episode, but maybe this will be what it takes to have Weaver come out fully.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 5:57 am 
I think W/T is an amazing relationship... Go girls!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:37 am 
Ugh, so disillusioned with ER these days. I, too, liked Dr. Kim and I like the firefighter chick...it's Weaver I have trouble with. She needs more than a big smooch in front of everyone...she needs a kick in the butt.

Anyway, I agree with Warlock. Tara and Willow are miles above this, and in large part it is due to great acting (see the subtle thread). The storytellers gave us the characters, but AH and AB gave them heart and soul.
-Lisa