The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Willow Forbush and Tara DeBecque
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:30 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
While in hospital recovoering from surgery for my concussion, I saw _South Pacific_ again on MAC's 31 Days of Oscar. With no books, my imagination went in to overdrive and I'm planning an Uber-fic, based partly on the film, partly on the original short story.A couple questions for help.

1-The Debeque children. They're a crucial part of the plot but I'm not sure the best way to bring them in. The purest way would be to have that Tara was married to the late Monsieur Debeque who would have been mixed in this version but I'm wondering if an alternate way of her having half-Polynesian children (I can think of a couple) would be a preferrred choice for this audience.

2- Mi;litary regulations. I don't want Willow hit with a dishonorable discharge and a prison term. Anyone have any ideas how to work around this back in the 40s?

3- Mostly I'm leaving the Sunnydalers and Fang-Gangers out. I do plan to have Joe Cable be Graham from the Initiative, and I'm considering Liat becoming Sierra from Dollhouse.

Any suggestion will eb appareciated and akcnowledged if use.

I also have another WWII idea which I've decided not to develop. This is set in London during the V-1 based around an all-services nioghtclub. Willow is an AMerican civilaina engin eeer whose company is working for the Minstry of Defence, . Tara and Fred are a Army nurses and Wesley is a BRitish Army officer working on anti-air defense.

If anyone is interested in farming it out from me, I can send you a rough first chapter, but my Michener fic is m y main concern now.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

Post subject: Re: Willow Forbush and Tara DeBecque
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

Topics: 1
hey just thought i'd offer what little info i can....
i don't know much about south pacific per se... but i was on the recieving end of a military discharge that came damn close to a court martial back in '97, "don't ask, don't tell" being the biggest farce ever! my only saving grace was that they were in such a hurry to get me tossed that they screwed up their frame job. if you're interested and the info will help, drop me a line. indigokane@yahoo.com

good luck with the idea! :peace